View Full Version : Spurs' Ginobili Says He'll Remain in Reserve Role

ducks
04-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Spurs' Ginobili Says He'll Remain in Reserve Role

Spurs' Ginobili says he'll remain in reserve role

Web Posted: 04/08/2007 12:25 AM CDT

Mike Monroe
Express-News

With a victory over the Golden State Warriors behind him, Spurs guard Manu Ginobili was telling a locker-room interrogator why, with only six regular-season games remaining, he has given up on the notion of returning to the starting lineup before the playoffs begin.
Just then, assistant coach P.J. Carlesimo approached with his young son, Casey, perched on his shoulder, ready to give Ginobili a high five.

"I wish the coaches would not sit me so much," Ginobili said, aiming a menacing sneer in Carlesimo's direction before breaking into a wide smile and reaching a hand out in Casey's direction.

"But seriously," Ginobili said when his young visitor had departed, "now, at this point in the season, I think we're going to stay like this the rest of the way."

Ginobili on Saturday had another energizing performance off the bench in what could turn into a late drive to win the NBA's Sixth Man Award. He scored 25 points and had seven rebounds, seven assists and two steals in the Spurs' 112-99 victory.

After making only 4 of 24 3-point shots in the previous five games, he made 3 of 7 from long range against the Warriors.

"He competed really well and as the game went on he got better and better," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "He was moving the ball, making shots, rebounding the basketball and playing real aggressively. He did a fine job."

Ginobili was encouraged by the improvement in his shooting stroke, especially from long range.

"I'm not making as many shots as two weeks ago," Ginobili said, "but I'm not worried. During an 82-game season you're going to have ups and downs. As long as it comes back for the playoffs, I'll be fine."

What Ginobili liked most about Saturday's victory was the sustained intensity the Spurs showed after Thursday's big victory over the Phoenix Suns. He has lamented the team's occasional loss of focus, especially in games at the AT&T Center that have followed big victories.

"We played a great game two days ago, great intensity and great awareness," Ginobili said. "I knew it was not going to be that easy to maintain it. But I think that overall it was not that bad. We had a couple letdowns, but we did pretty good."

Ginobili's ability to bring energy off the bench helps. He has come off the bench in 35 games after starting 39. If he continues in a reserve role the rest of the season, he will be eligible for the Sixth Man Award, as the league requires more nonstarts than starts

ALVAREZ6
04-08-2007, 09:54 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63791

asshole

ducks
04-08-2007, 10:05 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63791

asshole

pussy hole

ALVAREZ6
04-08-2007, 10:08 AM
pussy holeduck