PDA

View Full Version : What are you cooking today?

trueD
04-08-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm doing brunch.

I just took a coffee cake out of the oven.

The 1/2 ham is back in with a glaze, and I got golden potatoes ready to cook and mash and am thawing spinach in the nuker as I type to make a spinach souffle.

There are fresh strawberries and pineabble cut up for dessert with the coffee cake (I bought peanut butter to make fudge, but screw it :lol )

I will steam broccoli tops and asparagus spears and cook a holandaise sauce to cover it, if desired.

Top it off with jarred pork gravy, some baby peas so my hubby can enjoy them on his mashed potatoes underneath the gravy *yuch* and sourdough rolls, and voila!

Kori, I bought new baking powder, so my coffee cake isn't flat.

However, when I dug out my steamer, I noticed the screws and little legs were all rusty, so I had to chuck that baby and will be forced to steam directly in the pan. :pctoss

Who else is cooking, anyone?

I was gonna do candy and eggs for my kiddies, but I settled for an orchid plant for each of them instead. Time to grow up, guys. They're 21 and 25 :lol

tsb2000
04-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Wish my wife were of the same mind. We were up until midnight making baskets for our teens. :)

I've got my ham with the recipe I stole from Emeril already in the oven, and the family dinner is in about 2 hours.

Thanks, Emeril! (http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_19178,00.html?rsrc=search)

:hungry:

AFBlue
04-08-2007, 02:01 PM
My wife and I bought a 3lb brisket, marinated it in special sauces last night, and cooked it this morning. We also had smashed red potatoes, sugar snap peas, deviled eggs, and dinner rolls. OMG, it was amazing! Since I'm not in Texas and the Southest is obsessed with Pork, I haven't had a good piece of brisket in a while...it was heaven.

And right now as I type, she's mixing the batter to make cupcakes....I hit the Jackpot for sure!

trueD
04-08-2007, 02:24 PM
tsb2000, I was shopping at 11:00 last night, so I'm just as bad. My kids got baskets until last year!!! :)

Brisket sounds sooooo good, beef rocks. I hate ham, and my daughter and sons' girlfriend are vegetarians,,,so that's why the souffle.

SHITTERS, I still have to dry my hair. I set the table, put the potatoes on, made coffee (to perk on the stove) to go with dessert, finished the souffle, oh get this. I didn't have any curry! So I substituted celery salt and lemon pepper, let you know...
Also, because I was at the store so late all the cheddar chesse soup was bought up, so I had to settle for NACHO cheddar cheese soup. :)

My kiddies LOVE my cooking. I always clean up for them too. Then, I'll ask my son to clean our pool and my daughter to wash the dog.

trueD
04-08-2007, 02:57 PM
Guess what? I GOT AN EASTER BASKET! Has Slam magazine, NBA gummies, white cheeze-its, Milano's, candles, saltater taffy... all the stuff I never buy for myself. :)

Hubby is making hollandaise sauce, everything is ready to pour into bowls and put onto table. I didn't get makeup on, but oh well.

If anyone catches me back here I'm DEAD MEAT.. :lol

SpursWoman
04-08-2007, 04:33 PM
It's just the 4 of us, so I'm making a ham. I don't waste time making shit I have to hear: "Ewwww! Gross! I'm not eating that!!!" so I'm keeping it simple...except I'm making homemade mac & cheese and real southern green beans instead of the short-cut versions I'm inclined to do during the week. And I'll probably make a salad....nothing special.

My 10 & 11 year olds got baskets ... but I did veto an egg hunt. :spin

Oh, and I'm making a cake. *shrugs*

AZLouis
04-08-2007, 04:35 PM
BBQ'd ribs
Nathan's hot dogs
Potato salad
BBQ chips

GoldToe
04-08-2007, 04:59 PM
Mozarella sticks and cheese with chips....just munchin' out.

trueD
04-08-2007, 05:20 PM
It's just the 4 of us, so I'm making a ham. I don't waste time making shit I have to hear: "Ewwww! Gross! I'm not eating that!!!" so I'm keeping it simple...except I'm making homemade mac & cheese and real southern green beans instead of the short-cut versions I'm inclined to do during the week. And I'll probably make a salad....nothing special.

My 10 & 11 year olds got baskets ... but I did veto an egg hunt. :spin

Oh, and I'm making a cake. *shrugs*
Homemade mac & cheese ROCKS!!!

Good on you with your homemade self--what you're doing isn't so simple, especially when it comes to cleaning up. The one-pot, during the week express is a must-do unless it's a special occassion.

Shelly
04-08-2007, 06:45 PM
"Ewwww! Gross! I'm not eating that!!!"

Or the inevitable, "Do I HAVE to eat that?"

SpursWoman
04-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Homemade mac & cheese ROCKS!!!

Good on you with your homemade self--what you're doing isn't so simple, especially when it comes to cleaning up. The one-pot, during the week express is a must-do unless it's a special occassion.

Yes, it does rock ... and since everyone deserted me right now that dinner is finally done, I'm about to grab a fork and take the pan to the couch. Screw the rest of them. :lol :oops

I'm a pretty good cook, but I really love to bake. In my 35 short years, I believe this past Thanksgiving was the first time I attempted a turkey...and it actually turned out perfectly. Today, I tried the ham....and it's really good. :tu :)

ZipSpan
04-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Blueberry muffins, eggs, potatoe salad, ham, broccoli salad (mmmmmmm), hummus, fruit salad, and for desert chocolate cake.

i can't wait!

trueD
04-08-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm a pretty good cook, but I really love to bake.
I love to bake too!

Baking = taking food outside and sharing it. Cooking = doing alot of work inside while others watch and point. :)

Spurfect
04-08-2007, 11:15 PM
I guess it's too late to invite myself over now huh? haha, sounds really delicious! :drool:

jaespur21
04-08-2007, 11:15 PM
well ive been done eatin but what we had was
short ribs, bbq chicken(3 whole chickens cut right down the middle),boracho beans,regular beans, potato salad, rice,
that shit was sooooo goood

KEDA
04-09-2007, 06:12 AM
I'm a pretty good cook, but I really love to bake.

your bar tending skills arent too bad either :drunk

johngateswhiteley
04-09-2007, 06:25 AM
beer

polandprzem
04-09-2007, 07:41 AM
Fuck I'm not cooking - whatever I'm trying it always turns out bad

:)

TDMVPDPOY
04-09-2007, 11:01 AM
havn dumplings atm