PDA

View Full Version : Spurs-Mavs on April 15

SpursDynasty
04-08-2007, 02:17 PM
You'd think the NBA would have figured out by now not to schedule a marquee matchup on the last week of the regular season when starters will be resting....

What are the chances of the starters playing?

I think this is a huge game for both teams. The Spurs have the best record since the All-Star break, while the Mavs are still out to prove something.

Shank
04-08-2007, 02:22 PM
You'd like to see both teams go at it as a sort of "tune up" before the playoffs begin, but it's pretty likely we'll see a decent first half and then the scrubs playing out the 2nd.

StylisticS
04-08-2007, 02:24 PM
It could be very similar to a preseason game honestly. They may play the 1st quarter but then just a little of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Get to you know your bench players because you'll be seeing them alot in that game.

traitoravery
04-08-2007, 02:37 PM
What if they were tied for the number 1 seed or the number 2 seed....would make for a pretty interesting baketball game. Too bad they aren't.

exstatic
04-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Jeff, you're A DUMBASS. Couldn't you just have dove down and gotten the other fucking thread you started on this particular game?

mabber
04-08-2007, 03:24 PM
You'd think the NBA would have figured out by now not to schedule a marquee matchup on the last week of the regular season when starters will be resting....

I think this is a huge game for both teams. The Spurs have the best record since the All-Star break, while the Mavs are still out to prove something.

Game won't mean a damn thing for the Mavs and may not for the Spurs either (if they can't catch the Suns for the #2 seed by then). Teams will probably play really hard but it will be the bench players playing most of the minutes.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-08-2007, 05:30 PM

You'd think an NBA fan would have figured better matchups between similar teams competing for a division would bring higher ratings?

So it's not a marquee matchup, but the Mavs still have something to prove?

:dizzy

Dirk Nowitzki
04-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Jackie Butler vs Pops and Melvin Ely vs Kevin Willis!! :spin :spin That wont be nearly as exciting as Ager vs James White!!

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-08-2007, 05:39 PM
Jackie Butler vs Pops and Melvin Ely vs Kevin Willis!! :spin :spin That wont be nearly as exciting as Ager vs James White!!

http://www.nba.com/media/act_beno_udrih.jpg

V.

http://www.nba.com/media/act_jose_barea.jpg

April 15th, IT'S ON!

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-08-2007, 05:43 PM
By the way, my money's on JJB.

Dirk Nowitzki
04-08-2007, 05:45 PM

V.

April 15th, IT'S ON!

:madrun Thanks Professor Blaze! :depressed

rayray2k8
04-08-2007, 05:49 PM

V.

April 15th, IT'S ON!
:lmao

ponky
04-08-2007, 08:17 PM
lol, those jj/beno pics are hilarious. what cracks me up is all the fools paying 5-10X the face value for tix to this game when it won't mean anything. maybe they're thinking that cuban and AA can somehow top their free airline tix shtick from last season (it's fan appreciation day) but what a waste of money for tix to a game that most likely won't be competitive

Kobulingam
04-08-2007, 08:38 PM
NBA couldn't fit this game into a different slot as it would have clashed with one of the nationally televised Cavs games.

SpursDynasty
04-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Damn, you guys always find a way to disagree with everything I post on here, no matter what. If I said "The Spurs are 55-21" you'd say "Jeff you're a dumbass!".

If I try to tell you that the sky is blue, you'd find a way to disagree.

WTF is wrong with saying the Spurs-Mavs game is a big game?

This board is getting increasingly stupid.

usckk
04-08-2007, 08:46 PM
If the Suns somehow lose a couple of games, the game will be huge for the Spurs to get the 2nd seed.

SpursDynasty
04-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Jeff, you're A DUMBASS. Couldn't you just have dove down and gotten the other fucking thread you started on this particular game?

Who the hell are you? Did you just join and jump on the SpursDynasty is stupid bandwagon?

Johnny_Blaze_47
Damn, you guys always find a way to disagree with everything I post on here, no matter what.

Jeff, you said the NBA couldn't foresee the problem of scheduling a game between DAL and SA in the final week of the season.

I say they probably believed the gap would be closer and that this game would have division consequences, which is why they scheduled it.

The majority of posters disagree with you because for whatever reason, you fail to see through your black and silver sunglasses.

I mean, why WOULD the league want to maximize its ratings by having two marquee teams battle it out in the final week of the season (because when the schedules were made, there was no way they could see Dallas having one of the best regular seasons in history and be running away with the division)?

You're telling me that you wouldn't bitch if the game were on FSNSW and the game settled the H2H matchup and the Southwest Division in the last week of the season?

ponky
Damn, you guys always find a way to disagree with everything I post on here, no matter what. If I said "The Spurs are 55-21" you'd say "Jeff you're a dumbass!".

I don't think most would disagree that that the Spurs/Mavs can be a big game, but it depends on the timing and circumstance. Back in 2003, Pop just sat all the starters, Mavs won the game handily. Did it matter? Hell no. Was it a confidence booster for the Mavs team. Hell no. Did it mean the Mavs were better than the Spurs at that point in time? Hell no. If the Spurs are no longer chasing the Suns for second seed and the mavs have everything wrapped up, you can be sure the starters will rest. Avery's already doing that, Stack didn't play at all last night (no injury) and Dirk only played 26 min. in a game without JHO. Pop always rests his starters at the end of the season, is it really such a big deal to you that this game will probably be a not so competitive game?

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Who the hell are you? Did you just join and jump on the SpursDynasty is stupid bandwagon?

It doesn't say "Old School Since '99" because it sounds cute.

ponky
04-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Jeff, you said the NBA couldn't foresee the problem of scheduling a game between DAL and SA in the final week of the season.

I say they probably believed the gap would be closer and that this game would have division consequences, which is why they scheduled it.

The majority of posters disagree with you because for whatever reason, you fail to see through your black and silver sunglasses.

I mean, why WOULD the league want to maximize its ratings by having two marquee teams battle it out in the final week of the season (because when the schedules were made, there was no way they could see Dallas having one of the best regular seasons in history and be running away with the division)?

You're telling me that you wouldn't bitch if the game were on FSNSW and the game settled the H2H matchup and the Southwest Division in the last week of the season?

good point...the nba probably thought it would be a lot closer, kind of like the suns/spurs race right now

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Come to think of it, Jeff...were you complaining when the schedule was released about a game in mid-April between the Mavs and the Spurs, or did you say, "That could be a great game with playoff and division implications!"

SpursDynasty
04-08-2007, 08:53 PM
You guys are missing the point. The NBA has constantly shown crappy game after crappy game weekly on national TV. How many more times do we need to see Cleveland vs Detroit or a Lakers home game on ABC/ESPN/TNT?

It's not that big a deal to me, but I said something that most people would agree with. That most of us want to see a playoff preview. But apparently I'm wrong again.

SpursDynasty
04-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Kori lock this thread. Every time I start a thread, it turns into a bitching fest.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-08-2007, 08:58 PM
You guys are missing the point. The NBA has constantly shown crappy game after crappy game weekly on national TV. How many more times do we need to see Cleveland vs Detroit or a Lakers home game on ABC/ESPN/TNT?

It's not that big a deal to me, but I said something that most people would agree with. That most of us want to see a playoff preview. But apparently I'm wrong again.

Cleveland vs. Detroit - possible Eastern Conference playoff matchup.

Phoenix vs. Lakers - possible Western Conference playoff matchup.

Did you really want to watch Charlotte vs. Miami today?

Trainwreck2100
04-08-2007, 08:59 PM

It's a trend that started at or around 2/3/2007

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-08-2007, 09:00 PM
Kori lock this thread. Every time I start a thread, it turns into a bitching fest.

You're such a drama queen.

Have I once insulted you in this brief exchange?

You want people to agree with you and frankly, it's not always going to happen.

God, if you're going to fall on your sword everytime somebody quotes you and replies, would you do us a favor and actually fall on your sword, Little Drummer Boy?

ponky
04-08-2007, 09:02 PM

Yeah, there are too many crappy Cavs games on tv but they can't foresee Wade going down in Houston the night before a Mavs/Heat matchup...can't foresee Yao going down, Arenas going down, Odom going down, Butler going down, Wade going down, Shaq going down, etc etc etc. Besides, nobody could've predicted that the Spurs would've been so far back from the Mavs considering that the division record between these two teams was decided by a tie-break in the Spurs' favor a couple of years ago. Anyway, Spurs/Mavs should be entertaining enough a couple of weeks from now, it's better to let the guys on both teams rest now...that's what a real fan would want for their team the last week of the regular season, no injuries and lots of rest.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-08-2007, 09:03 PM
Every time I start a thread, it turns into a bitching fest.

I just realized the unintentional beauty of this sentence.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Who knew a valid retort would be all it took to get Jeff to leave?

I hope Megan realizes what a douche she picked.

SpursDynasty
04-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Is that Megan statement referring to me? I have no clue who Megan is nor do I know a Megan.

I don't post so people will agree with me, but sometimes I post the most neutral statements such as "the sky is blue today" that people turn into arguments.

It's actually funny but annoying at the same.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-08-2007, 09:21 PM
I don't post so people will agree with me, but sometimes I post the most neutral statements such as "the sky is blue today" that people turn into arguments.

It's actually funny but annoying at the same.

So address the questions posed in this thread.

Were you upset at the beginning of the season that there was a game scheduled for April 15th between the Mavs and the Spurs?

SpursDynasty
04-08-2007, 09:29 PM
So address the questions posed in this thread.

Were you upset at the beginning of the season that there was a game scheduled for April 15th between the Mavs and the Spurs?

That's not even the point of this thread of anymore. At first I was saying that the NBA should've known that would happen. It happened a few years ago. Was I upset, not really. But I saw it coming around the middle of the season.

But the majority if this thread has to do with the fact that I post the most simple non-argument statements that get turned into "Jeff is a dumbass" messages. Seriously. Why does it happen? It all started when I said "The Spurs can compete with the Mavs and will win 60 games this year" and it seemed idiotic in the middle of February, and looked what happened.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-08-2007, 09:32 PM
That's not even the point of this thread of anymore. At first I was saying that the NBA should've known that would happen. It happened a few years ago. Was I upset, not really. But I saw it coming around the middle of the season.

But the majority if this thread has to do with the fact that I post the most simple non-argument statements that get turned into "Jeff is a dumbass" messages. Seriously. Why does it happen? It all started when I said "The Spurs can compete with the Mavs and will win 60 games this year" and it seemed idiotic in the middle of February, and looked what happened.

Look, come down from the cross for a few minutes, okay.

You're asking the NBA to forsee that the Mavs would have clinched the SW Division by April 8 and not risk scheduling a game in which profits for both teams could have been maximized had their records been closer?

You want the NBA to not have larger jersey sales and sellout crowds and advertising revenue from a Sunday afternoon matchup between two of the best teams in the league?

I simply fail to see your logic.

Budkin
04-08-2007, 11:26 PM
This game is not going to be good.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-08-2007, 11:27 PM
This game is not going to be good.

I disagree.

V.

April 15th, IT'S ON!

LEONARD
04-09-2007, 09:10 AM

You give people reason to disagree because you say DUMB SHIT...

Here's the latest SpursDynasty montage, including some Spurs fans ripping on him... :lol (fyi...jeffdrums22 = SpursDynasty)

That's what happens when a team doesn't have more than two decent players. Howard and Dirk. Carrying the whole load. Both hurting their ankles. - after JHo sprained his ankle

The Mavs lost to the Warriors simply because when it's a game between those two, the Warriors are the better team.

Haha, funny. One writer DOESN'T worship the Mavs and the whole forum explodes. Awesome.

Count me in...that makes two of us who don't think the Mavs will win the championship despite being 70-12 or whatever they end up. It's an honest non-homer opinion.

The championship goes to Detroit, Miami, or SA.

Ha ha.. this guy is fukking clueless

Oh, okay. Then I retract my post defending you. You are actually clueless. :)

Maybe you shd think of NOT posting any more..

What's a GTG?

I mean I know Dirk makes his jump shots, but please. Matt Bonner has more basketball moves than Dirk.

The Orlando loss was a fluke loss on a fluke dunk by a fluke player.

Just ask the unheard of players before the Spurs series such as Josh Howard and Jason Terry. Who really even knew who those guys were before the Spurs series last year?

The reason I called Howard and his dunk a fluke is because of how much hype he got for making one dunk. He isn't a brilliant or great player right now, at least.

Dirk eventually will have to do more than shoot jump shots. When he gets inside the paint, Tim can guard him.

The fact is, the Mavericks get too much respect from other teams just because they beat SA in the playoffs last year. None of their opponents show up to play, they're too busy being intimidated by a defensive, but still jump shooting team. It's more about the majority of the NBA being bad than Dallas being good. Outside of SA and Utah, Dallas has no solid competition. Any of the other 28 teams will be beaten on any given night against Dallas.

Utah whooped Dallas 101-79. Then lost 108-105. Looks like solid competition to me.

The Spurs have won 1, and lost 2 games by an average of 4 points. Again, solid competition.

The rest of the league has played no where close to Utah and SA vs Dallas.

It's not that Dallas is brilliant. It's that most NBA teams suck.

Admit it, the NBA has no watchable teams outside of Dallas, SA, Phoenix and Utah.

And of course they'd beat college teams, they're professional players.

Or so we'd like to think. Not based on how everyone plays now.

I'm still not impressed by Dallas.

Would love to see the Warriors get the #8 seed in the West. The Warriors aren't doing anything brilliant, they are just beating a team they're supposed to beat right now.

Golden State just went out and beat a team they were supposed to beat.

If SA does the same, they'll beat Dallas too.

Simple as that.

Easy question. Because they have beaten them twice already this year. The Warriors could get that #8 seed and eliminate Dallas too.

I'm not impressed by the Mavs' 51-5 streak. The five losses = Detroit, Utah, LA Lakers, Washington, Chicago. Some of the better teams in the league there. That only means the Mavs can go 51-0 vs sub-par teams, and lose to teams that really count. Big deal. They've also had losses to Houston and SA. And how many back-to-backs has Dallas had tin 07, one or two?

The Mavericks can't beat the Spurs in a 7 game series.

Reason people hate me on the boards: I don't worship the Mavs.

The whole West playoff picture is pretty straightforward: Dallas, SA, Phoenix, and Utah will be there in the 2nd round. West Finals will be either Spurs vs Mavericks (if Spurs get #2 seed), Spurs vs Suns (most likely), or Mavericks vs Suns (if Spurs choke).

And no I still don't take Phoenix seriously.

So in conclusion: Spurs 4th championship parade coming up in June.

Stephen Jackson > Dirk Nowitzki

DarrinS
04-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Would you rather watch the Spurs-Mavs or the Spurs-Trailblazers?

I know what I'd rather watch. Hell, i'll watch even if they do empty the benches. These teams' playoff success may very well depend on how well the so-called "scrubs" play. Think of the years the Spurs won their titles. Someone from the bench always stepped up. By the way, how is Horry doing these days?

Bandwagon Bill
04-09-2007, 10:01 AM
JeffDrums/Spursdynasty is a freaking genius. He's got many of you following at his every word and he even has this Leonard fellow taking the time to collect his posts. Spursdynasty is the Pied Piper.

LEONARD
04-09-2007, 10:36 AM
JeffDrums/Spursdynasty is a freaking genius. He's got many of you following at his every word and he even has this Leonard fellow taking the time to collect his posts. Spursdynasty is the Pied Piper.

lol...yea, I spend hrs doing it... :lol

highlight said genius statement
control c
open file
control v
save

It takes about 10 seconds every time he says something idiotic...

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-09-2007, 10:44 AM
You probably shouldn't be so obvious, Jeff/SD/Bill.

DubMcDub
04-09-2007, 12:56 PM

...because it's not. At all.

Bandwagon Bill
04-09-2007, 04:45 PM
lol...yea, I spend hrs doing it... :lol

highlight said genius statement
control c
open file
control v
save

It takes about 10 seconds every time he says something idiotic...

The fact that you actually do it shows that you actually care what this goof has to say. It's like you seek validation for yourself by collecting his incoherent rants and throwing them out in these threads. I may be wrong, but I think he offers these stupid remarks just to get you and the others on here to respond.

Bandwagon Bill
04-09-2007, 04:46 PM
You probably shouldn't be so obvious, Jeff/SD/Bill.

I guess you caught me. Genius. :rolleyes

LEONARD
04-09-2007, 05:03 PM
The fact that you actually do it shows that you actually care what this goof has to say. It's like you seek validation for yourself by collecting his incoherent rants and throwing them out in these threads. I may be wrong, but I think he offers these stupid remarks just to get you and the others on here to respond.

:lol

Validation? I certainly don't see validation here. I find humor in his stupidity, as do many others here...

and you're wrong...he's NOT doing a bit. He means everything he says...he's just delusional...

samikeyp
04-09-2007, 08:41 PM
...because it's not. At all.

Pretty much sums it up.

SpursDynasty
04-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Wrong. I don't post on here to get people's attention at all. Everyone generally knows that I don't think the Mavs are the best team in the NBA. I've always said, if they win the Finals last year, then they are. But they didn't so they still haven't proved anything. So that alone makes most people hate me.

I don't post here for attention. I post what I think. I guess stuff I say gets people irritated, mostly because it's true and people have a hard time accepting it. If you want to hear something else, then turn on ESPN. They'll keep telling you what you want to hear.

If you don't like hearing that the Spurs are the best team in the NBA at this point of the season, then GTFO this board. Simple as that. ESPN is still in Mavs and Suns land. So go watch.

This is turning into a waste of time when I have explain everything that I post.

41times
04-10-2007, 10:57 AM
This game will NOT be a big game. In fact i have already sold my tickets because of such.

The Mavs have clenched homecourt throughout and have nothing to play for. And if the Spurs have a chance to catch the Suns then i think the Mavs will even "help" them a bit by playing guys like JJ and Pops and Ager.

But overall i predict it will be a sloppy game and the Spurs will win because the Mavs will have Zero interest in proving anything.

Hell Avery isn't even letting Dirk and Stack get on the plane today to go to Minnesota. So i don't expect much on april 15th.

mabber
04-10-2007, 11:30 AM
This game will NOT be a big game. In fact i have already sold my tickets because of such.

The Mavs have clenched homecourt throughout and have nothing to play for. And if the Spurs have a chance to catch the Suns then i think the Mavs will even "help" them a bit by playing guys like JJ and Pops and Ager.

But overall i predict it will be a sloppy game and the Spurs will win because the Mavs will have Zero interest in proving anything.

Hell Avery isn't even letting Dirk and Stack get on the plane today to go to Minnesota. So i don't expect much on april 15th.

I sold my tickets for a little over twice the face value as, apparently, there are people in Dallas that think this is a big game :p:

leemajors
04-10-2007, 11:33 AM
i support a new screen name of pied piper for jeffdrums.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-10-2007, 11:41 AM
The Spurs just need to hope this doesn't become a "must" win. If they were forced to play starters against Dallas' bench and lost for some reason it could be disasterous from a post season confidence standpoint.

SpursDynasty
04-10-2007, 12:45 PM
The Spurs just need to hope this doesn't become a "must" win. If they were forced to play starters against Dallas' bench and lost for some reason it could be disasterous from a post season confidence standpoint.

If Dallas plays their bench, SA would play its bench. If Dallas plays their starters, SA would STILL play its bench.

Veteran teams are smart.

LEONARD
04-10-2007, 12:50 PM
If Dallas plays their bench, SA would play its bench. If Dallas plays their starters, SA would STILL play its bench.

Veteran teams are smart.

Huh? :dizzy