04-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Actually Imus said it, not Rosenberg.

T Park
04-09-2007, 12:13 AM
a racist liberal you never see that

coughsenatorbyrdcough

Leetonidas
04-09-2007, 12:48 AM
I don't see how it was racist. Seemed more sexist and inappropriate to me.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-09-2007, 12:54 AM
I don't see how it was racist. Seemed more sexist and inappropriate to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nappy_%28disambiguation%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whore

T Park
04-09-2007, 01:15 AM
nappy headed hos?

I kinda thought calling an african american nappy headed was a bit of a racial slur.

samikeyp
04-09-2007, 07:03 AM
Imus is still working?

Fillmoe
04-09-2007, 12:03 PM
lol @ someone removing my comment..... couldnt handle the truth?

Kori Ellis
04-09-2007, 12:25 PM

You should know by now you can't post the n word here. Get a clue.

T Park
04-09-2007, 12:27 PM

being a reverse racist is the only truth I see.

Fillmoe
04-09-2007, 12:29 PM
im about as racist as you are skinny

trueD
04-09-2007, 08:05 PM
Nappy headed hos? This guy is a 40 year veteran of broadcasting, means he's gotta be at least 55+ years old.

Anyways, I saw this thread yesterday and have a funny story.

My retired parents, who watch the news at least once a day, called me to find out "what is a nappy headed ho"?

:lmao :lmao :lmao

They shared with me that Imus was suspended for 2 weeks. He's lucky he still has a job, isn't he? Must be white.

mFFL03
04-09-2007, 10:24 PM
wow he's on suspension for 2 weeks now? people have said worse things.

namely "George Bush hates black people."

A black radio comedic host brought up a good point today.........why is it if anyone says anything remotely racist, they should automatically hold an apology session with rev. jesse jackson or al sharpton???

the dallas black radio host said "I didn't elect or nominate these two guys to do these things....why do they feel the need to call them out publicly then only decide it's a good apology if it's done with them by their side?"

people can make fun of people. end of story. black people make fun of white people all the time. i make fun of other races all the time, doesn't mean I'm racist....it just means I have crude humor. The truth is, I find black people to be the most blatantly racist of all. White people have a more subtle racism to them.

ashbeeigh
04-09-2007, 10:38 PM
wow he's on suspension for 2 weeks now? people have said worse things.

namely "George Bush hates black people."

A black radio comedic host brought up a good point today.........why is it if anyone says anything remotely racist, they should automatically hold an apology session with rev. jesse jackson or al sharpton???

the dallas black radio host said "I didn't elect or nominate these two guys to do these things....why do they feel the need to call them out publicly then only decide it's a good apology if it's done with them by their side?"

people can make fun of people. end of story. black people make fun of white people all the time. i make fun of other races all the time, doesn't mean I'm racist....it just means I have crude humor. The truth is, I find black people to be the most blatantly racist of all. White people have a more subtle racism to them.

Oh the hypocrisy.

E20
04-09-2007, 10:43 PM
I mean come on, they were pretty nappy headed now.

Fillmoe
04-09-2007, 10:45 PM
they might have been nappy headed.... don't mean as a white person in America you can walk around calling them nappy headed hos....... have some sense.......

and if you think saying something like "george bush hates black people" is worse than "they some nappy headed hos" then i just dont know what to say to you......

E20
04-09-2007, 10:46 PM
they might have been nappy headed.... don't mean as a white person in America you can walk around calling them nappy headed hos....... have some sense.......

and if you think saying something like "george bush hates black people" is worse than "they some nappy headed hos" then i just dont know what to say to you......
I was being sarcastic, what does nappy mean again? Sleepy?

Fillmoe
04-09-2007, 10:47 PM
I was being sarcastic, what does nappy mean again? Sleepy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nappy_%28disambiguation%29

Buddy Holly
04-09-2007, 10:48 PM
I don't think it was racist, but the fact is, he said it jokenly, Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, Ned Mencia, etc can go around saying n-gga, sp-c, beaner, wetback, cracker all day long but some white guy cracks a little joke and bam, he needs to be fired, shot, beaten, shanked and whatever else.

People need to lighten up.

Fillmoe
04-09-2007, 10:50 PM
I don't think it was racist, but the fact is, he said it jokenly, Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, Ned Mencia, etc can go around saying n-gga, sp-c, beaner, wetback, cracker all day long but some white guy cracks a little joke and bam, he needs to be fired, shot, beaten, shanked and whatever else.

i do think they are making a big deal out of all this..... with that said..... all the dudes you named are COMEDIANS.... and they can say those words because THEY ARE THAT RACE!

Buddy Holly
04-09-2007, 10:53 PM
i do think they are making a big deal out of all this..... with that said..... all the dudes you named are COMEDIANS.... and they can say those words because THEY ARE THAT RACE!

Chris Rock is a "cracker?" Ned Mencia is a "wetback?" They aren't.

Again, yes, they're comedians, but what gives them anymore of a right to use those words in a joking manner and not some regular white guy using it in a joking manner?

SAtown
04-09-2007, 10:54 PM

WTF? Just because you find all that crap on Comedy Central funny, doesn't make it alright. Imus himself realizes that he's in a world of shit due to his comments.

leemajors
04-09-2007, 10:55 PM
cracker is a damn funny term. nappy is also a diaper in the UK.

Buddy Holly
04-09-2007, 10:58 PM
WTF? Just because you find all that crap on Comedy Central funny, doesn't make it alright. Imus himself realizes that he's in a world of shit due to his comments.

I don't find Ned Mencia funny, and I never condoned what he said.

I said I didn't find it racist, was it a racial saying, yes. But saying something about a race as a joke and not being serious and saying something racist are two different things.

I gave those comedians as an example. I wouldn't label any of them racists but they say racial stuff.

He's in a world of shit because he's white and we have people like Al Sharpton that get their panties in a bunch anytime anyone not black says something racial.

Fillmoe
04-09-2007, 10:59 PM
They Are Comedians You Dumb Shit Bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buddy Holly
04-09-2007, 11:01 PM
They Are Comedians You Dumb Shit Bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I asked, what gives them more of a right to use those words? :dramaquee

Because they're comedians?

Oh ok. Great counter argument.

Either it's ok for everyone to use racially charged words while joking or its not ok for anyone to use them. There's no middle ground. You can't say he he and she can say it jokenly but he he and she can't.

johngateswhiteley
04-09-2007, 11:03 PM
wgaf? seriously, what the fuck is happening to this country? grow the fuck up you sensitive assholes...

Buddy Holly
04-09-2007, 11:05 PM
wgaf? seriously, what the fuck is happening to this country? grow the fuck up you sensitive assholes...

:clap

SAtown
04-09-2007, 11:16 PM
I understand that people in this country are overly sensitive... but a 66 year old radio host should know better than to call a team of black girls "nappy headed hoes."

johngateswhiteley
04-09-2007, 11:28 PM
I understand that people in this country are overly sensitive... but a 66 year old radio host should know better than to call a team of black girls "nappy headed hoes."

who gives a shit, its one man's comments...and he is entitled to them. furthermore, what he said has nothing to do with what he actually might think. not to mention, the guy is 66...whatever.

...maybe they are nappy headed hoes?

tlongII
04-09-2007, 11:30 PM
Not all the players on that team were black.

Fillmoe
04-09-2007, 11:34 PM
either there is a lot of racist people on this forum or people from Texas just don't think the same way most people from California do.......

you don't call a group of predominately black girls "nappy headed hos"

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-09-2007, 11:38 PM
either there is a lot of racist people on this forum or people from Texas just don't think the same way most people from California do.......

You do realize that at least one of the persons you've debated in this thread is from California, right?

johngateswhiteley
04-09-2007, 11:39 PM

why?

mrsmaalox
04-09-2007, 11:45 PM
It seems to me that the most offense is taken because of WHOM he was talking about. That sort of thing can be said of a lot of different people and probably not be so offensive. But these were young, talented, hard working athletes who are furthering their education. They just happen to be black women. They were in absolutely no way deserving of such an ugly comment. I know it can sound hypocritical; but if you say something ugly about someone who is an a-hole, that's different.

Buddy Holly
04-10-2007, 12:27 AM

No one should you showed.

Maybe people in Texas read better than people in Kalifornia.

Buddy Holly
04-10-2007, 12:28 AM
I wonder what would have happened had he called them a bunch of butch females?

trueD
04-10-2007, 01:32 AM
It's what they call each other!

Why does it sound sinister coming from the mouth of a different color?

Check out Don Imus, he's a frigging fossil:

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070409/capt.6df51a2e45504dd49eddc2221826524d.aptopix_imus _protests_nyrd103.jpg?x=180&y=132&sig=iJodlB00yb1aawec.mcoXQ--

CuckingFunt
04-10-2007, 01:58 AM
Firstly, I can pretty much guarantee that those girls don't spend a whole lot of time calling each other "nappy headed hoes." But even if they did, that wouldn't magically make Imus' comments appropriate.

Secondly, a comedian using racial comments/slurs is usually seen as being somewhat acceptable (not by me, for the record) because it is part of an act. The context is different. Make the same comments/jokes WITHOUT it being part of your act and see if being a comedian is still a valid excuse -- Michael Richards would be quick to tell you it's not.

There are a few things that make Imus' comments such a big deal, in my opinion. He's not a comedian, he wasn't doing a stand-up routine. He was just commenting on a basketball game, and the sudden use of racial slurs comes a bit out of left field.

Also, the fact that he's white does make it even less acceptable. I firmly believe that racism is racism, regardless of who it comes from or goes against... but there is a slight difference when the person making the comments is someone who has very real power and societal advantages specifically because of his race.

THE ONE AND ONLY
04-10-2007, 02:08 AM
maybe they just need to get their hair did

CuckingFunt
04-10-2007, 02:20 AM
If its the truth then its not racist or whatever.

1.Are some of them ho's?(you can't know that, so he is a sexist)
2.Are some of them nappy headed?(that is a truth, so he is not a racist)Says the homophobe.

trueD
04-10-2007, 02:26 AM
Firstly, I can pretty much guarantee that those girls don't spend a whole lot of time calling each other "nappy headed hoes." But even if they did, that wouldn't magically make Imus' comments appropriate.

Secondly, a comedian using racial comments/slurs is usually seen as being somewhat acceptable (not by me, for the record) because it is part of an act. The context is different. Make the same comments/jokes WITHOUT it being part of your act and see if being a comedian is still a valid excuse -- Michael Richards would be quick to tell you it's not.

There are a few things that make Imus' comments such a big deal, in my opinion. He's not a comedian, he wasn't doing a stand-up routine. He was just commenting on a basketball game, and the sudden use of racial slurs comes a bit out of left field.

Also, the fact that he's white does make it even less acceptable. I firmly believe that racism is racism, regardless of who it comes from or goes against... but there is a slight difference when the person making the comments is someone who has very real power and societal advantages specifically because of his race.
I prepared a fairly long response, but understand that the "race" issue is a sensitive one. I therefore repent from possibly causing further fruitless argument.

My failure to mention that Imus' comment was TOTALLY unacceptable was gross. My sincere apologies to whomever I may have offended.

And if you think that sounds very white of me, it's because it is. Or, I am.

:)

CuckingFunt
04-10-2007, 02:27 AM
And if you think that sounds very white of me, it's because it is. Or, I am.

:)So am I.

I choose not to use it as an excuse for ignorance, however.

trueD
04-10-2007, 02:30 AM
So am I.

I choose not to use it as an excuse for ignorance, however.
:clap

Good choice.

johngateswhiteley
04-10-2007, 03:04 AM

i think you are an overly sensitive nut-job. if this is in fact what you think.

mikejones99
04-10-2007, 03:46 AM
most american women actually are ho's, just wave a few hundreds near them and see what happens.

johngateswhiteley
04-10-2007, 03:58 AM
most american women actually are ho's, just wave a few hundreds near them and see what happens.

i wonder how girls these days would compare to girls, say...50 years ago? my guess is girls are more sexually active than in the past, but not to the degree many people may think. i just think sex is talked about and displayed, through various mediums, much more than it use to be.

2centsworth
04-10-2007, 07:36 AM
what the guy said was offensive and I'm far from being mr. sensitive.

Buddy Holly
04-10-2007, 08:17 AM
I thoroughly enjoy the fact that Jesse Jackson is calling Imus to be fired for making a mistake by saying what he said. I guess Jesse "I cheated on my wife and knocked up some woman" Jackson is the only human who can make a mistake, apologize and then continue on like nothing happened.

CuckingFunt
04-10-2007, 09:06 AM
i think you are an overly sensitive nut-job. if this is in fact what you think.Very far from it, actually.

mFFL03
04-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Most of you are wrong. IMUS is a shock jock. He was the biggest shock jock in the world before Howard Stern....and that...is in the line of comedy.

For those of you who don't listen to much radio anymore, this is all they do, comment on real world comments in any way they can. Everything that comes out on TV is 10x as racist.

Has anyone here ever heard how african americans speak to each other/about each other? Oh and just because you are a comedian doesn't give anyone "a pass"

Sportcamper
04-10-2007, 09:35 AM
These young ladies are not fellow comedians or shock jocks...They are young female athletes, “just teenagers” that work hard at their sport...

Every Parent & Coach of those girls has a right to be upset by this mans crude & outlandish choice of words....

xrayzebra
04-10-2007, 09:44 AM

Bet you have called the Spurs worst than that when they
lost a close one....... :lol

E20
04-10-2007, 10:50 AM
For those of you who don't listen to much radio anymore, this is all they do, comment on real world comments in any way they can.
This is true, I've heard so much racy and on the edge statements/comments on radio that would never slide on TV.

Don Imus
04-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Everyone puts their foot in their mouth at one time or another.
I did it.
I apologized now get off my horse about it.

lebomb
04-10-2007, 11:00 AM
I did it.

Thats OK, ya cracka ass CRACKA!!!! We forgive you.
:shootme

Trainwreck2100
04-10-2007, 11:00 AM
I did it.

They did have "Afro textured" hair though.

NASCARdad
04-10-2007, 11:17 AM
I didn't see anything wrong with the comments made.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Most of you are wrong. IMUS is a shock jock. He was the biggest shock jock in the world before Howard Stern....and that...is in the line of comedy.

For those of you who don't listen to much radio anymore, this is all they do, comment on real world comments in any way they can. Everything that comes out on TV is 10x as racist.

Has anyone here ever heard how african americans speak to each other/about each other? Oh and just because you are a comedian doesn't give anyone "a pass"

Imus IS a shock jock. I hear his show fairly often because it's carried by the local sports radio station I listen to, so if I leave my car radio on that channel at night his show is on in the morning as I'm driving to work. He's got a lot of comedy that has some racial undertone. He has a guy come on and impersonate the mayor of New Orleans all the time in a manner that borders on being racial, however this is a prescripted skit so I think they edit it for anything that could actually get Imus in trouble. I think he usually knows the limits of how far he can push certain boundaries and certainly does so in his act.

He puts people down and is derrogatory in every single show he does. It's part of his daily routine. Does that make it right? Absolutely not. But it is the brand of humor he brings to his show. If you've listened to even a few minutes of his morning show you'll see that's how he operates.

I find it somewhat uncomfortable, and not all that funny when he rants on other folks. I liken it to a black comedian that centers his routine on making fun of white people. It's worn-out humor in my opinion and shows a lack of creativity.

His act is kind of old and maybe he should just quit for that reason if not the "nappy" comment.

JoeChalupa
04-10-2007, 11:31 AM
I watch the Imus show almost every morning and he always rags on people and calls them names. I don't think he is a racist and I think he's owned up to it and apologized and he is sincere.
Time to move on.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-10-2007, 12:18 PM
so is nappy the new "n" word that we to watch and look over our shoulder before we say it?

Taco
04-10-2007, 12:24 PM
http://www.blackathlete.net/artman/publish/article_03156.shtml

Black People Are Attacked And Once Again They Fail To Respond To The "Right" Enemy
by Gregory Moore, [email protected]
published on Apr 10, 2007

SAN ANTONIO -- When Don Imus called the Rutgers' women's basketball team a bunch of "nappy headed hoes" last week, we were all appalled that someone who has been in the radio broadcasting industry would make such a horrific mistake.

But then again if you have ever listened to "Imus in the Morning: on MSNBC or WFAN on the radio, such comments shouldn't be a surprise. For over 30 years, Imus and his ragamuffin band of radio comrades for his program have been pretty much potty mouthed, sexist, racist and anything else you want to throw their way.

If you wanted to find a good definition of "Playa hating" in this time and age, Merriam Webster would have a picture of Imus' nappy afro mug shot right next to the definition: "Anyone who believes he is all pious, believes that making fun of anyone and everyone because they have ability or accomplishments that he or she cannot achieve, someone who believes in espousing vitriol hatred towards any one group for no reason whatsoever is cool".

That definition Don Imus and his producer, Bernard McGurk, who chimed in on the comments. It fits anyone who has been associated with the Imus show and has made offensive remarks.

But you know what the irony is? It's just par for the course this day and age because no program director or executive producer is willing to yank a talk show with great ratings when the show's host or contributors attack an individual, a people or group.

But as troubling as Imus' comments are and the fact that he needs to be removed off of the airwaves, what is far more troubling is the fact that we have individuals who want to do the right thing and demonstrate their displeasure but they are going about to attack the wrong "enemy" for what they perceive as a wrong.

The NAACP, the Rev. Al Sharpton, the Rev. Jesse Jackson and others want Black America to boycott MSNBC but in stark reality it should be CBS Radio and Infinity Broadcasting who should be getting the emails, letters of disgust and protests. But why has everyone chosen MSNBC? Because they seem to be the "easiest" target in the fight.

That's typical of today's "Black movement" when it comes to trying to bolster up support and make a move of change against a perceived threat. Even the NABJ's Byron Monroe should know that the course of action isn't to protest MSNBC but to go after a parent company.

The direction of any attack on getting Imus removed should be aimed at WFAN's lack of willingness to listen to an audience or segment of the population who have felt harmed by one of their own.

No one at WFAN has even addressed the topic; they have all hidden behind their desks and "Dilbert" cubicles. But that should be expected by someone in the business that is afraid to stand up against what is wrong and forget about the profits or ad billing dollars that come forth.

What is truly amazing in light of this "Michael Richards" Freudian slip is the fact that the collective community known as the Black community still does not know how to project a response in a direction that will bear fruit from the toils of their labors.

If the NABJ, NAACP, Sharpton, Jackson and others want Imus removed, then forget about boycotting the offices of MSNBC. Boycotts these days, unless they are economic boycotts to the advertisers who "sponsor" the show on both radio and television.

Those types of boycotts simply do not work because the sophistication needed to pull off them with any success relies on a willingness of a complete community to say, "No I will not buy this product". That chance will not happen in this case.

However the next best thing is for the Black community to flex its muscle by voicing its outrage on its own airwaves. Shows like the Tom Joyner Morning Show, the Michael Baisden Show, Sharpton Speaks, Black Men Revealed and any other radio or television shows in the community need to make this an almost daily mission to let it be known their displeasure.

Black organizations, from fraternities and sororities to professional organizations and churches need to let their elected officials know that if they make an appearance on the Imus show, they will lose their vote.

Even the professionals in the media, myself included, need to act as if Imus doesn't exist. If he calls, we say "No thanks. I've got a date with Slug in the next room".

If the Black community really wants to stop such attacks on its culture, its people and its contributions to the American landscape, then it is time for it's so-called leaders to learn how to fight these wars by attacking the "correct" enemy and quit reacting to the first "soft target" that just pops up on their radar.

Buddy Holly
04-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Damn, some ya'lls be actin' like nappy headed hoes.

Fillmoe
04-10-2007, 12:36 PM
yall some crazy ass crackers up in here.......

Buddy Holly
04-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Chill, before I go Bruce Lee on you foo'ewz.

Fillmoe
04-10-2007, 12:39 PM
bruce wee?

lebomb
04-10-2007, 12:43 PM
Personally I just think Imus comment was of ill taste and even though he thought it was comedy, it wasnt to the Rutgers team. It must have really hurt those girls to be thought of as ugly, ghetto, frizzy haired darkies. It was just a hurtful comment.....and to say it publicly on air just made it awful.

Think about this......what if there was a special olympics event on TV and Imus said......"look at those freakin tards running like lil monkeys"!!..................? Well? He would have gotten hammered the same......somethings are of ill taste and you just cant say it out loud or on air period. If you feel a certain way about someone.....keep that shit to yourself.

.................*jumps down off of soapbox*

Bob Lanier
04-10-2007, 12:52 PM
That yet another entertainer makes public his view that all women are "whores" is somewhat more disconcerting than his pseudo-racial criticism of their hairstyle.

mFFL03
04-10-2007, 01:19 PM
If you have kept up with this story...the new angle is Imus defending himself on Sharpton show, calling them "you people"

Al Sharpton replied "what do you mean by 'you people'?"

Imus basically replied with "you and her sitting in front of me". Instead it's turned into "you people" as in "you black people"

ludicris.

but then Imus did say something around the lines of "this is jive."

to which sharpton said "what is jive"

OH Stewardess...I speak Jive.....

this is beginning to get dragged out more than it should...they are realizing they are getting a lot of attention and it will hopefully translate into bigger audiences and ratings...screw that

Howard Stern said..."He's apologizing like a guy who got his first broadcasting job," Stern said. "He should have said, '(expletive) you, it's a joke.'"

SAtown
04-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Bet you have called the Spurs worst than that when they
lost a close one....... :lol

Haha, I also might have thought much worse things. The point is that I don't have access to such publicity nor do I have a huge following listening and clinging to my every word. If I did (and If I was an old honky tonk), I'd have a better selection of words, especially when 'attacking' two of the more sensitive issues in this country (racism, sexism).

johngateswhiteley
04-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Howard Stern said..."He's apologizing like a guy who got his first broadcasting job," Stern said. "He should have said, '(expletive) you, it's a joke.'"

exactly.

MoSpur
04-10-2007, 03:56 PM
Just because he is a "shock jock" doesn't him give a right to say whatever the heck he wants. Calling a team of female athletes hoes is wrong. I don't care what anyone says. If he were to single out your mom, wife, sister, or daughter and call her a ho, you all would be very upset. I don't think comedians have a free pass by the way just because they're comedians.

johngateswhiteley
04-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Just because he is a "shock jock" doesn't him give a right to say whatever the heck he wants. Calling a team of female athletes hoes is wrong. I don't care what anyone says. If he were to single out your mom, wife, sister, or daughter and call her a ho, you all would be very upset. I don't think comedians have a free pass by the way just because they're comedians.

the silver stars are a bunch of nappy headed hoes.

leemajors
04-10-2007, 04:22 PM
the silver stars are a bunch of nappy headed hoes.

it's not too shocking when coming from a knuckle dragger who doesn't have tv time.

nsrammstein
04-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Don Imus is getting a lot of heat from this. He was just stating the facts.

ggoose25
04-10-2007, 04:33 PM
i think the heat on imus is deserved.

had he said "dirty redneck sluts", which is = "nappy headed hos", everyone would've and shouldve been upset as well.

but the chances that he wouldve said that about a rough looking mostly white basketball team is slim to none.

johngateswhiteley
04-10-2007, 04:34 PM
i think the heat on imus is deserved.

had he said "dirty redneck sluts", which is = "nappy headed hos", everyone would've and shouldve been upset as well.

but the chances that he wouldve said that about a rough looking mostly white basketball team is slim to none.

i think you're a nappy headed loser.

ggoose25
04-10-2007, 04:36 PM
i think you're a nappy headed loser.

i think you like to put dirty redneck men in your sig and avatar

nsrammstein
04-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Blacks call white folks "crackers" and no one gives a shit when they say it. But when a white persons calls somebody of another race everyone is on their ass you got al sharpton wanting them hanged, Jesse Jackson is leading marches like if it were another civil rights movement. Give Don Imus a second chance.

leemajors
04-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Blacks call white folks "crackers" and no one gives a shit when they say it. But when a white persons calls somebody of another race everyone is on their ass you got al sharpton wanting them hanged, Jesse Jackson is leading marches like if it were another civil rights movement. Give Don Imus a second chance.

i don't know a white person who considers cracker a derogatory term. Imus has had plenty of second chances already.

jaespur21
04-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Give him another chance

Nappy Headed Ho
04-10-2007, 05:03 PM
Well, now it appears our African-American citizens have found something new to be pissed about.

A black congresswoman has reportedly complained that the names of hurricanes are all Caucasian sounding names. She would prefer some names that reflect African-American culture such as Chaniqua, Tanisha, Woeisha, Shaqueal, and Jamal.

She would also like the weather reports to be broadcast in language that
"street people" can understand.

I can hear it now: A weatherman in Houston says...

"Wazzup, Mutha-fukkas! Hehr-i-cane Chaniqua be headin' fo yo asss like
Leroy on a crotch rocket! This bitch be a category fo'! So grab yo'
chirren...& yo' Ho...leave yo crib and head fo' de nearest guv'ment
office fo yo FREE shit!"

degenerate_gambler
04-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Well, now it appears our African-American citizens have found something new to be pissed about.

A black congresswoman has reportedly complained that the names of hurricanes are all Caucasian sounding names. She would prefer some names that reflect African-American culture such as Chaniqua, Tanisha, Woeisha, Shaqueal, and Jamal.

office fo yo FREE shit!"

:drunk :spin

mikejones99
04-10-2007, 05:24 PM
hoes are only legal in Nevada so most women should be arrested.

CuckingFunt
04-10-2007, 05:49 PM
I am not afraid of homos......so why do people keep using this word.

call me an ANTI-FAG. or better yet, call me the unmolested-by-the same-sex-dude.Yes, yes. We've all read the karate joke a thousand times.

Protest all you like, you're clearly threatened by the very idea of homosexuality.

johngateswhiteley
04-10-2007, 05:53 PM

office fo yo FREE shit!"

classic.

01Snake
04-10-2007, 06:00 PM
I'd have told Sharpton to go fuck himself. Imus said he was sorry. Get over it. What he said was nothing like using the N-word or some other derogatory names.

JoeChalupa
04-10-2007, 06:34 PM
I was listening to WOAI and the Thompson brothers both agree Imus should be fired. I can see why they feel that way.

There are somethings about racism that some will never get.

mikejones99
04-10-2007, 07:08 PM
NOt many west of the mississippi give a shit about Imus or them hos. Next.

jochhejaam
04-10-2007, 07:08 PM
I'd have told Sharpton to go fuck himself. Imus said he was sorry. Get over it. What he said was nothing like using the N-word or some other derogatory names.
Unless you are a member of the Rutgers Women's Basketball team, then saying "get over it" carries absolutely no weight, and you have no right to suggest that anyone do so.

If someone of national prominence said something similarly derisive to the entire literate world about some female you cared a great deal about, and this right after she had achieved a substantial measure of success, would you feel the same way?

Trainwreck2100
04-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Anybody see the team's response? The team captain gave a speech that hopefully was written by her, but she spent the whole time reading off of it. She needs public speaking lessons

Extra Stout
04-10-2007, 07:50 PM
I was listening to WOAI and the Thompson brothers both agree Imus should be fired. I can see why they feel that way.

There are somethings about racism that some will never get.
The Thompson Brothers are jumping on the bandwagon.

There is a reeason I don't listen to Don Imus. The raison d'etre of Imus in the Morning is racist, sexist, homphobic, anti-Semitic, xenophobic humor. That has been Imus' schtick for nearly 40 years.

But now he should be fired? The only difference between what he said this time and what he said a couple thousand other times is that this time the wrong person was listening, and the hubbub hooked onto the news cycle. The mob mentality kicks in.

Howard Stern says more offensive things than that several times a day. Where is the outrage against him?

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-10-2007, 07:58 PM
“ Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances"

so fuck all you bastards.............IMUS IN THE MORNING.

I fail to see where Congress (or the government) has restricted Imus' show.

Could you please point that out to me? Oh, that right, you can't, because they're not doing so.

AlamoSpursFan
04-10-2007, 08:02 PM
I was driving across New Mexico a few years ago and the only thing I could find on the radio (I would have killed for my Sirius tuner then) was Imus on some station out of Albuquerque.

The fact that he made a racist statement offends me, not because of the statement, but because his suck ass excuse for a snooze-fest of a radio show is still on the air.

:lol

leemajors
04-10-2007, 08:10 PM
The Thompson Brothers are jumping on the bandwagon.

There is a reeason I don't listen to Don Imus. The raison d'etre of Imus in the Morning is racist, sexist, homphobic, anti-Semitic, xenophobic humor. That has been Imus' schtick for nearly 40 years.

But now he should be fired? The only difference between what he said this time and what he said a couple thousand other times is that this time the wrong person was listening, and the hubbub hooked onto the news cycle. The mob mentality kicks in.

Howard Stern says more offensive things than that several times a day. Where is the outrage against him?

i think stern sucks ass!

01Snake
04-10-2007, 08:16 PM
The Political Correctness is getting ridiculous in this country.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-10-2007, 08:24 PM
He shouldn't be fired, this story should already be fading away, sounds like some groups of people want to drag it on and on....and on...

mardigan
04-10-2007, 08:26 PM
He shouldn't be fired, this story should already be fading away, sounds like some groups of people want to drag it on and on....and on...
It would have already gone away if the media wasnt so late to it

leemajors
04-10-2007, 09:12 PM
I am not afraid of homos......so why do people keep using this word.

call me an ANTI-FAG. or better yet, call me the unmolested-by-the same-sex-dude.

so if every gay person was molested by someone of the same sex, would that mean homosexuality was part of original sin? who is the culprit, adam or eve?

Slinkyman
04-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Has anyone actually seen the Rutgers team? At first i thought there was a mistake and i was looking at the mens team, they're that nappy.

johngateswhiteley
04-10-2007, 10:13 PM

he shouldn't even have been suspended, nothing should have happened to him. and if i were him and those cock smoking faggots sharpton and jackson came up to me...i'd tell those fuckers to go home to their nappy haired wife and children. when is America going to wake up and stop being a bunch of pussies. just b/c someone makes a stereotypical comment or a generalization, does not mean they are a racist. this whole thing is fucking ridiculous. i'd like to beat the fucking hell out of jesse jackson...that fucking nappy haired bitch.

leemajors
04-10-2007, 10:23 PM
where would you come to some dumb ass conclusion that homos are part of the original sin?.....queers come from queers and adam and eve weren't queers......the queers came later.

how would you come to the dumb ass conclusions you have come to? where did they come from then? they had to come from somewhere.

leemajors
04-10-2007, 10:24 PM
he shouldn't even have been suspended, nothing should have happened to him. and if i were him and those cock smoking faggots sharpton and jackson came up to me...i'd tell those fuckers to go home to their nappy haired wife and children. when is America going to wake up and stop being a bunch of pussies. just b/c someone makes a stereotypical comment or a generalization, does not mean they are a racist. this whole thing is fucking ridiculous. i'd like to beat the fucking hell out of jesse jackson...that fucking nappy haired bitch.

you might be the single stupidest person on the forum except for buck rogers.

Mavschick
04-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Didn't Jesse Jackson once refer to Jews as "hymies"? After an incident in which a Jewish man ran over a black youth, didn't Al Sharpton organize a protest in which he called Jews "diamond merchants" and challenged them to a fight saying "If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house."?

leemajors
04-10-2007, 10:47 PM
Didn't Jesse Jackson once refer to Jews as "hymies"? After an incident in which a Jewish man ran over a black youth, didn't Al Sharpton organize a protest in which he called Jews "diamond merchants" and challenged them to a fight saying "If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house."?

probably, but that shouldn't deflect the abject stupidity Imus has exhibited. however, if the Rutgers women accept his apology this becomes a non-issue. they have dealt with this whole situation quite gracefully.

johngateswhiteley
04-10-2007, 10:48 PM

...i am sorry intelligence is wasted on you.

Fillmoe
04-10-2007, 10:51 PM

i was thinking the same thing........ then after that he asked why its wrong to call a group of black women "nappy headed hos" :lol :lol

Trainwreck2100
04-10-2007, 10:53 PM
Also, all he said about black people was they had black people hair, I mean shouldn't the hos comment be taken with more anger.

leemajors
04-10-2007, 11:05 PM
...i am sorry intelligence is wasted on you.

nothing you have said in this thread has been remotely intelligent. your effort is what was wasted.

johngateswhiteley
04-10-2007, 11:20 PM
nothing you have said in this thread has been remotely intelligent.

incorrect. you just fail or are unable to follow.

efrem1
04-11-2007, 02:22 AM
Meanwhile across the sea in Africa:

"On Sunday, 11 March 2007 Mugabe's ZANU PF government attacked people who had gathered for a prayer meeting in Harare. Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) leader Morgan Tsvangirai was tortured. Credible sources claimed that police had taken turns to lift Tsvangirai and smash him against a wall. Tsvangirai had lost consciousness three times but they continued to assault him.
Beatrice Mutetwa, Tsvangirai's lawyer said, “I believe Morgan Tsvangirai is in a deplorable condition...” Another lawyer Innocent Chagonda who visited Tsvangirai said, “he was in bad state that you could not distinguish between the head and face and he could not see properly.”
Tsvangirai won the March 2002 presidential elections but the State and its media manipulated the results. Tsvangirai is the leader with legitimacy to rule Zimbabwe because he has the consent of the majority. He has survived many attempts to end his life."

Maybe Sharpton, Jackson and their ilk can help this man instead of parading around saying how righteous they are.

Bandwagon Bill
04-11-2007, 06:31 AM
i was thinking the same thing........ then after that he asked why its wrong to call a group of black women "nappy headed hos" :lol :lol

After some of the stupid, racist, ignorant shit you've spouted on this board I truly think you are one of the last people that should say anything. In fact, the number of people in this country who are in a position to say anything could probably fit in a phone booth.

Let he without sin cast the first stone.

Holt's Cat
04-11-2007, 06:44 AM
It's all over the fucking news in NY at the moment. Fairly lame controversy. If making derogatory comments about black women really mattered then the entire hip hop industry would be in trouble.

Anyways, the things this country pays attention to...

JoeChalupa
04-11-2007, 06:58 AM
The Political Correctness is getting ridiculous in this country.

It took many years just to get where we are now. It wasn't long ago when minorities could not vote or use the same damn bathrooms as others could. Not long ago at all.

Jimcs50
04-11-2007, 08:25 AM
It took many years just to get where we are now. It wasn't long ago when minorities could not vote or use the same damn bathrooms as others could. Not long ago at all.

Great point. If we have to over react for the next 20 yrs to help make up for the last 200 yrs of injustice, then so be it. There should be no place for hatred and bigotry in the media. Rush got away with it and he should have been fired. You have to know that you can not say hurtful things on the air against black people, if you don't by now, then you are an idiot and need to be taken off the air....at least for a year. The punishment should be more severe than 2 wks.....hell that is just a vacation.

leemajors
04-11-2007, 08:54 AM
Great point. If we have to over react for the next 20 yrs to help make up for the last 200 yrs of injustice, then so be it. There should be no place for hatred and bigotry in the media. Rush got away with it and he should have been fired. You have to know that you can not say hurtful things on the air against black people, if you don't by now, then you are an idiot and need to be taken off the air....at least for a year. The punishment should be more severe than 2 wks.....hell that is just a vacation.

he'll probably lose the MSNBC aired portion of his program i'd imagine. the radio show may stay.

01Snake
04-11-2007, 09:02 AM

Perhaps someone should relay this message to the Hip Hop/Rap industry. Why don't they step back and see what message they are sending. I guess its fine to disrespect your own race but not okay for others to? Blacks cry the most about racial injustice yet the young black generation seems to promote it.

Bandwagon Bill
04-11-2007, 09:08 AM

I don't think it was racist, it was sexist. Nappy headed is not a racial slur, but 'ho is a sexist remark. Women all over the US should be pissed, not the hypocrite twins Jackson and Sharpton. People just jump on the witch hunts these two idiots start without actually taking the time to think about what they are doing.

JoeChalupa
04-11-2007, 09:36 AM
Perhaps someone should relay this message to the Hip Hop/Rap industry. Why don't they step back and see what message they are sending. I guess its fine to disrespect your own race but not okay for others to? Blacks cry the most about racial injustice yet the young black generation seems to promote it.

I concur. But pointing the finger at others isn't an excuse.
It is NOT fine to disrespect your own race and I do think that the Hip Hop/Rap culture is partly responsible for some of the slang language being used today and the way women are portrayed.

I'm sure others would cry about racial injustice if it were against them.

mrsmaalox
04-11-2007, 09:42 AM
I don't think it was racist, it was sexist. Nappy headed is not a racial slur, but 'ho is a sexist remark. Women all over the US should be pissed, not the hypocrite twins Jackson and Sharpton. People just jump on the witch hunts these two idiots start without actually taking the time to think about what they are doing.
I agree. The most offensive part was the use of the term "ho". These young women are an intelligent, talented, hard working group in no way deserving of being called that. They are probably an example of the "ideal" that all women should strive to be. Women have struggled to overcome so many prejudices---and black women have had twice the battle. If I were the parent of one of these girls I would be absolutely distraught :madrun

nkdlunch
04-11-2007, 09:43 AM
that redneck was harsh, but this media scandal is way out of hand. Fucking stupid media.

I wonder what Kramer has to say about this?

BeerIsGood!
04-11-2007, 09:57 AM

:tu I too don't understand why the sexist part of this whole thing isn't being emphasized 1/2 as much as the racist angle. I guess sexist doesn't sell as news. They even showed a few of the Rutgers players on ESPN speaking of this, and they were vocal about the "ho" remark over anything else.

JoeChalupa
04-11-2007, 10:08 AM
I guess some don't consider it a racist remark. To me it is clear. But that is just me.

Ocotillo
04-11-2007, 10:16 AM
Man, the ignorance out there is just amazing.............

A lot of racists post here.

BeerIsGood!
04-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Man, the ignorance out there is just amazing.............

A lot of racists post here.

Anyone can have "nappy" hair. White, Black, Hispanic, etc. It seems you are ignorant of that fact and instead choose to brand people as racist. Oh well, so be it.

Spurminator
04-11-2007, 11:40 AM
It amazes me the lengths people will go to in order to defend OR condemn stupid comments.

This shit brings out the worst in everybody.

DarkReign
04-11-2007, 11:50 AM
I dont like Stern's show, but someone quoted him, and he said it best...

"Fuck you, it was a joke. Get over it."

I dont like the comment(s), but he doesnt hold public office. He wasnt elected. He pulls ratings.

Sorry, but thats all that matters. He'll serve his two week suspension, return, and pull bigger numbers. Congratulations on doing nothing at all.

CuckingFunt
04-11-2007, 11:55 AM
I just don't know how we can hope for some kind of change as long as "other people have done worse" continues to be seen as a legitimate excuse.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Didn't Jesse Jackson once refer to Jews as "hymies"? After an incident in which a Jewish man ran over a black youth, didn't Al Sharpton organize a protest in which he called Jews "diamond merchants" and challenged them to a fight saying "If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house."?Didn't the "Rev" jesse jackson cheat on his wife? to me that's a little worse than what Imus said

Fillmoe
04-11-2007, 12:13 PM
its clear to me racism ain't going away anytime soon.....

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-11-2007, 12:47 PM
It amazes me the lengths people will go to in order to defend OR condemn stupid comments.

This shit brings out the worst in everybody.

QFT.

Every time something like this happens there comes a point (which is about where this one is now) where the media and the talking heads that are throwing themselves in front of the cameras start saying that we can use this opportunity to start a "national dialogue" about this sort of thing. And it never fucking happens. The media gets distracted covering who is banging who in Hollywood and other less important crap, the talkers go and find a new issue that they can get on TV for, and the nation as a whole goes back to sleep until another jackass says something stupid in public.

monosylab1k
04-11-2007, 12:52 PM
Only one solution to this issue: All-Out Race War.

xrayzebra
04-11-2007, 12:57 PM
its clear to me racism ain't going away anytime soon.....

Racism has existed from time immoral and will continue
to the end of time. Prejudice is a ditto.

Race whores will always be there to take advantage of it.

The difference between some years back and now is that
people in yesteryear knew it existed and made fun of it.
Indeed some comedians made a career of it.
And now it is offensive, like it hasn't always, and we can
wipe it out. Not possible. Why? because people are people
and us folks in the US aren't the only people in the world
that displays these traits. I mean have you noticed the
Muslim terrorist lately. Racism exist in all races. That
is a fact, whether you want to admit it or not.

Everyone displays prejudice, not because of race, but
because they just plain don't like some people regardless
of their race.

They are two different issues. But people want to keep
grouping the two into "hate". It is not possible.

monosylab1k
04-11-2007, 12:59 PM
And I guess once white people in the U.S. have been thrown into slavery, treated like animals, been used as props for politicians seeking votes, been hanged and dragged by pickup trucks, had firehoses sprayed at them and police dogs attack them, and been told that the only reason they get jobs isn't cuz they're intelligent or qualified enough but rather because of affirmative action, maybe after all that they'll see what the "big deal" is.

Please none of the "were you a slave??!?!" dumbshit reasoning. First off, i'm white. Second off, the reason shit like this is a big deal is because it's an extension of the same attitude of the general white public that existed in slavery days and Jim Crow days - that white people are somehow superior to blacks. So if you've got issues with what I have to say, shove it up your ass.

xrayzebra
04-11-2007, 01:12 PM
And I guess once white people in the U.S. have been thrown into slavery, treated like animals, been used as props for politicians seeking votes, been hanged and dragged by pickup trucks, had firehoses sprayed at them and police dogs attack them, and been told that the only reason they get jobs isn't cuz they're intelligent or qualified enough but rather because of affirmative action, maybe after all that they'll see what the "big deal" is.

Please none of the "were you a slave??!?!" dumbshit reasoning. First off, i'm white. Second off, the reason shit like this is a big deal is because it's an extension of the same attitude of the general white public that existed in slavery days and Jim Crow days - that white people are somehow superior to blacks. So if you've got issues with what I have to say, shove it up your ass.

Now this is an example of "prejudice". This is not
racism.

Thank you for the post.

monosylab1k
04-11-2007, 01:17 PM
http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/racism

Main Entry: rac·ism
Function: noun
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 : racial prejudice or discrimination

Bandwagon Bill
04-11-2007, 01:18 PM

I know a group of white people that were baked alive in ovens, starved to death, and marked for extermination. People have been persecuted for far more things than race, but yet this is the thing society harps on to an obnoxious level.

The racial aspect is just a rouse - a ploy by the Jacksons and Sharptons of the world to once again get themselves in the limelight. At the core of the matter, this is a sexist issue and not a racial one.

monosylab1k
04-11-2007, 01:20 PM
I know a group of white people that were baked alive in ovens, starved to death, and marked for extermination.

Where in American History did that happen? And since when have Jews had a "whites only" policy in their religion?

monosylab1k
04-11-2007, 01:20 PM
a ploy by the Jacksons and Sharptons of the world to once again get themselves in the limelight.

definitely alot of truth to this.

AFBlue
04-11-2007, 01:21 PM
My biggest problem with the media coverage and the petitions for his firing is that it's disproportionate to other scandals that have taken place on radio/tv.

For example, Rush Limbaugh went on the air accusing Michael J. Fox of playing up his Parkinson's disease for political reasons...even including a nice little demonstration. He made fun of a man's terminal disease! Yes, he was lambasted in the media, and yes he had to make several apologies and concessions, but he's still on the air today. I'm not saying it's right, but a precedent for overstepping the line has been set, so why should Imus get fired because the topic happened to be racial and gender sensitive? I'll tell you why, because the African American community has a stronger pull in the media and politics through activists like Shartpon, Jackson, and the powerful NAACP. If Imus had joked about nearly any other subject, the calls for his firing and the media backlash wouldn't be nearly as severe....and that's wrong.

I don't excuse what Imus did, but why should there be a double-standard when it comes to racially motivated issues?

Bandwagon Bill
04-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Where in American History did that happen? And since when have Jews had a "whites only" policy in their religion?

1) Where in American History? SEE... World War II

The Jews are not "whites only", but the vast majority of the German Jews that were slaughtered by the SS pre-WWII were white. Hell, the vast majority of European Jews who were persecuted were white, and the majority of American Jews who fought the Nazis were white. You are actually making my point. People are persecuted for far more things besides race, and IMO some relic saying the words "nappy headed" doesn't constitute a criminal act akin to slavery or the holocaust. The drama queen syndrome is in full effect.

monosylab1k
04-11-2007, 01:34 PM
I'll tell you why, because the African American community has a stronger pull in the media and politics through activists like Shartpon, Jackson, and the powerful NAACP.

There's definitely alot of truth to this, and there's also a big double-standard even in racial issues. Native Americans have been fucked over just as much as blacks in this country, but somehow the only thing they get offered is "hey we'll advise high schools to stop using stereotypical images for their sports mascots"...but whatever.

I don't know if what Imus said is really all that horrible...it was stupid and racist for sure, and he definitely deserves the hell he's catching for it...and maybe it's being blown out of proportion but whatever. What shocks me is just how many people think he didn't do anything wrong or that this is simply a "PC" issue.

xrayzebra
04-11-2007, 01:35 PM
http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/racism

Main Entry: rac·ism
Function: noun
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2 : racial prejudice or discrimination

Please read your post. Especially 2. racial prejudice.

Your contention is that that is the only way you can have
a prejudice. Hmmmmm, very strange. You look up
racism to find the definition of prejudice. You mean
you only dislike people because of their race?

Do you like all foods?
Do you like everyone you work with?
Do you like all shows on TV?
Do you like all movies produced?
Do you like everywhere you visit?

No, then maybe you display a prejudice. Or dislike for
some things or people based on personal taste or traits.

monosylab1k
04-11-2007, 01:37 PM
1) Where in American History? SEE... World War II.

Where in America do these places where Jews were baked in ovens exist? We're talking American history and American issues here...I really don't care what Germany is doing.

People are persecuted for far more things besides race, and IMO some relic saying the words "nappy headed" doesn't constitute a criminal act akin to slavery or the holocaust.

Again, in my opinion race relations in other countries doesn't apply to what's going on in the U.S. What happened in other countries, whether more or less atrocious than what went on in the States, is their own issue to deal with. This issue here is something exclusive to White Americans and Black Americans and the history between those two groups.

And yeah, it's no criminal act, and there's been far more racist things said in the media (by black and white both)...but he's still definitely wrong for what he said.

monosylab1k
04-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Please read your post. Especially 2. racial prejudice.

Your contention is that that is the only way you can have
a prejudice. Hmmmmm, very strange. You look up
racism to find the definition of prejudice. You mean
you only dislike people because of their race?

Do you like all foods?
Do you like everyone you work with?
Do you like all shows on TV?
Do you like all movies produced?
Do you like everywhere you visit?

No, then maybe you display a prejudice. Or dislike for
some things or people based on personal taste or traits.

what the fuck are you talking about? Prejudice and racism are not synonymous, I don't see where I ever claimed that they were. maybe you're the one that needs to read posts a little more carefully.

xrayzebra
04-11-2007, 01:40 PM
There's definitely alot of truth to this, and there's also a big double-standard even in racial issues. Native Americans have been fucked over just as much as blacks in this country, but somehow the only thing they get offered is "hey we'll advise high schools to stop using stereotypical images for their sports mascots"...but whatever.

I don't know if what Imus said is really all that horrible...it was stupid and racist for sure, and he definitely deserves the hell he's catching for it...and maybe it's being blown out of proportion but whatever. What shocks me is just how many people think he didn't do anything wrong or that this is simply a "PC" issue.

He made stupid statements, but what's new. He said no
more than what all the rapers say in damn near every
rap CD they put out. And they are revered. Hey, you
put this stuff out in the public for public consumption and
this is what comes back. I don't approve of it for anyone
rapper or Imus, it is wrong.

I am just listening the announcement that the cases
against three "rich" white guys at Duke are being
dismissed. How do they get their reputation back and
the wealth they have expended.

Where the hell was the press in this case. Would you
call this racism or prejudice.

Bandwagon Bill
04-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Where in America do these places where Jews were baked in ovens exist? We're talking American history and American issues here...I really don't care what Germany is doing.

Again, in my opinion race relations in other countries doesn't apply to what's going on in the U.S. What happened in other countries, whether more or less atrocious than what went on in the States, is their own issue to deal with. This issue here is something exclusive to White Americans and Black Americans and the history between those two groups.

You don't see instances from other parts of the world as evidence of human nature that permeates our society as well? That's strange, especially since Imperialism has been thrown out the window for about, well, 100 years or so. I hate to break it to you, but our major problems in this country are with matters pertaining to the rest of the world, not Don Imus.

Bandwagon Bill
04-11-2007, 01:49 PM
The fact of the matter is that these issues will never go away. We are a petty race (i.e. human race), as a whole we are selfish and self-serving with not much regard for our surroundings. Our governments are corrupt and people in a position of power will continously oppress those without power. It's been going on for thousands of years, and will until the last human stands on earth. That said, to think Don Imus calling some college kids nappy headed is some kind of huge injustice while the same people crying wolf are perpetrating corruption and falsehood is as ridiculous as it gets. Sure, he shouldn't have said it, but it really isn't that big of a deal.

monosylab1k
04-11-2007, 01:51 PM
You don't see instances from other parts of the world as evidence of human nature that permeates our society as well? That's strange, especially since Imperialism has been thrown out the window for about, well, 100 years or so. I hate to break it to you, but our major problems in this country are with matters pertaining to the rest of the world, not Don Imus.

So family 1 has a husband, wife, and two children. family 2 also has a husband, wife, and two children. therefore, every issue that occurs within family 1 can be resolved in the exact same fashion that issues are resolved within 2.....right?

it doesn't matter that family 1 is upper-class and from upstate New York and family 2 lives in a trailer park in Alabama....because they both have a husband, wife, and 2 children, they're equal and all problems that exist in one family surely exist exactly the same in the other family, and all problems should be resolved in the exact same manner.....right?

sure, there's some "human nature" involved in this. And there's racism all around the world. But the situation and circumstances between White Americans and Black Americans cannot be looked at or resolved in the same manner as issues between Black Canadians and White Canadians, or Jews and Germans, or Muslims and Hindus, or anything else.

monosylab1k
04-11-2007, 01:53 PM
That said, to think Don Imus calling some college kids nappy headed is some kind of huge injustice while the same people crying wolf are perpetrating corruption and falsehood is as ridiculous as it gets. Sure, he shouldn't have said it, but it really isn't that big of a deal.

And I agree with you here. This shouldn't be made into a huge issue, and it's stupid that it's turned into one. The thing that shocks me is simply that people want to treat this like he did nothing wrong and that the only problem going on here is that America is "too P.C."

Chris Childs
04-11-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm Chris Childs and I thought the "nappy headed hoes" thing was funny. So funny, I added this;
See those nappy headed hoes
Throwing elbows
Running, shooting hoops
Out there on the flo.
Yes they kinda dark
Look like they should bark
If I was rating ugly
They would be way off the chart
I think they like each other
So they will never be a mother
They just mad cause they lost
And they go to school at rutgers.

Bandwagon Bill
04-11-2007, 02:04 PM
So family 1 has a husband, wife, and two children. family 2 also has a husband, wife, and two children. therefore, every issue that occurs within family 1 can be resolved in the exact same fashion that issues are resolved within 2.....right?

it doesn't matter that family 1 is upper-class and from upstate New York and family 2 lives in a trailer park in Alabama....because they both have a husband, wife, and 2 children, they're equal and all problems that exist in one family surely exist exactly the same in the other family, and all problems should be resolved in the exact same manner.....right?

sure, there's some "human nature" involved in this. And there's racism all around the world. But the situation and circumstances between White Americans and Black Americans cannot be looked at or resolved in the same manner as issues between Black Canadians and White Canadians, or Jews and Germans, or Muslims and Hindus, or anything else.

That wasn't really what I was alluding to, mainly I brought up the holocaust to give a real world example of persecution that isn't racial to show that it's not always about race. Either way, we're probably saying much of the same thing.

Bandwagon Bill
04-11-2007, 02:05 PM
I think they like each other
So they will never be a mother

Wrong school. That's LSU

monosylab1k
04-11-2007, 02:05 PM
That wasn't really what I was alluding to, mainly I brought up the holocaust to give a real world example of persecution that isn't racial to show that it's not always about race. Either way, we're probably saying much of the same thing.

haha yeah i think we kinda are.

monosylab1k
04-11-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm Chris Childs and I am a crackhead.

fixed :lol

mikejones99
04-11-2007, 02:17 PM
HO is not offensive at all cuz most american women are not talented but are undercover prostitutes. So by calling them hos is just telling the truth. wnba is a sham.

Chris Childs
04-11-2007, 02:19 PM
HO is not offensive at all cuz most american women are not talented but are undercover prostitutes. So by calling them hos is just telling the truth. wnba is a sham.

Preach Brother. :toast

Chris Childs
04-11-2007, 02:21 PM
fixed :lol

Can we just squash whatever we have between each other?
Seriously, because your insults are just lame and I don't want any part of it.

monosylab1k
04-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Can we just squash whatever we have between each other?
Seriously, because your insults are just lame and I don't want any part of it.

Awwwww does the little troll not like that he got outed as a crackhead?

Chris Childs
04-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Awwwww does the little troll not like that he got outed as a crackhead?

I don't have anything against you monosylab1k. I just want you to stop responding like a 10 year old to my posts. My bad If i pissed you off the other day but let's face it, you're a mavs fan so I think I have a right to piss mavs fans off. That's just a fact and you're going to have to deal with it.

monosylab1k
04-11-2007, 02:32 PM
I don't have anything against you monosylab1k. I just want you to stop responding like a 10 year old to my posts. My bad If i pissed you off the other day but let's face it, you're a mavs fan so I think I have a right to piss mavs fans off. That's just a fact and you're going to have to deal with it.

spoken like a true troll. fine, i'm done with you as well Chris Childs....but for old time's sake, remind us all again of which teams have a choice to lose and which teams HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO WIN IT ALL.

nkdlunch
04-11-2007, 03:47 PM
OMG I am getting tired of this bitching. I think the ppl complaining about the bitching are on to something.

They just showed some random lady on the TV crying "...why did he have to do this? why did he have to chose 10 innocent girls? bhuaaauaaahhh!!"

goddam STFU! who knows if they are innocent? at the very least they commited the crime of being too nappy headed

AFBlue
04-11-2007, 04:09 PM
I guess I'm to the point where he might as well be fired, I mean look at it like this....

1. Major corporations (American Express, Staples, etc.) have indefinitely pulled their ad campaigns from his radio show.

2. He has alienated many African Americans and Women that listened to his radio show.

3. There's no way that he gets any Presidential Candidates, or any high-level celebrity for that matter, on his show as they will probably will not want to be identified with supporting him.

Shit, he's outta the job already, might as well make it official....that's just sad. Yes, what he said was wrong, but I don't believe he should be fired, let alone be crucified like he is.

Kevin Blackistone
04-11-2007, 04:12 PM
I guess I'm to the point where he might as well be fired, I mean look at it like this....

1. Major corporations (American Express, Staples, etc.) have indefinitely pulled their ad campaigns from his radio show.

2. He has alienated many African Americans and Women that listened to his radio show.

3. There's no way that he gets any Presidential Candidates, or any high-level celebrity for that matter, on his show as they will probably will not want to be identified with supporting him.

Shit, he's outta the job already, might as well make it official....that's just sad. Yes, what he said was wrong, but I don't believe he should be fired, let alone be crucified like he is.

I don't think many African Americans or women listen to his show anyway. His target audience is mostly white male, and a lot of them probably agree with him. As for the other stuff, after the two weeks it'll be a non-issue

Extra Stout
04-11-2007, 04:15 PM
The fact of the matter is that these issues will never go away. We are a petty race (i.e. human race), as a whole we are selfish and self-serving with not much regard for our surroundings. Our governments are corrupt and people in a position of power will continously oppress those without power. It's been going on for thousands of years, and will until the last human stands on earth. That said, to think Don Imus calling some college kids nappy headed is some kind of huge injustice while the same people crying wolf are perpetrating corruption and falsehood is as ridiculous as it gets. Sure, he shouldn't have said it, but it really isn't that big of a deal.
Periodically we offer up a token sacrifice so that we don't have to address underlying race issues.

The same power brokers who are destroying Don Imus right now underwrote his lowbrow act with their sponsorship dollars for decades.

AFBlue
04-11-2007, 04:21 PM
I don't think many African Americans or women listen to his show anyway. His target audience is mostly white male, and a lot of them probably agree with him. As for the other stuff, after the two weeks it'll be a non-issue

His audience isn't as targeted as you think. He's fairly liberal and speaks to alot of different issues/people.

Actually, that fact hurts his standing very much. Unlike Rush, Imus can't fall back on a strong base of blindly loyal listeners who think he can do no wrong.

Another thing going against Imus is that he happened to delve into the Sports arena, thus gaining the coverage of ESPN....and THAT is a powerful influence.

I would like to believe that this situation goes away after a month of a million apologies, which is how I felt at first, but I'm beginning to think the ending will be different.

And I don't think many would say that what he said was smart or agree with him....I think there are those who feel this is getting undeserved attention however.

BIG IRISH
04-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Periodically we offer up a token sacrifice so that we don't have to address underlying race issues.

The same power brokers who are destroying Don Imus right now underwrote his lowbrow act with their sponsorship dollars for decades.

:clap :clap :clap AND THAT'S THE TRUTH.

nkdlunch
04-11-2007, 06:10 PM
might as well make it official....

they just did. that poor bastard will be seen in a downtown near you, with a sign reading "I need a beer"

ggoose25
04-11-2007, 06:13 PM
regardless of whether Imus deserved to be fired. Im glad they're taking him off... hes boring as hell

JoeChalupa
04-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Let us pray.

mikejones99
04-11-2007, 06:20 PM
He is so rich he can buy 100 nappy headed hos and feel much better for life.

nappy head ho
04-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Thank you all for the attention

Ocotillo
04-11-2007, 08:22 PM
First of all, Imus is not a liberal. He said he was supporting McCain in '08. He is very complimentary of Cheney and Lieberman. He never had anything good to say about Clinton or Obama. He did support Kerry. Actually, he was supportive of whoever would give him an interview and insulting to whoever would not.

I actually had the MSNBC simulcast on most mornings I get ready for work because I wanted the type of topics he brought to the morning show for the most part, politics, some humor and sports. I didn't particularly like him or his schtick but I find the Today Show, GMA, CNN, Fox & Fiends and CBS Early Show boring.

I hope MSNBC continues to go for something different and doesn't go with a formula male/female host, fat weatherman, cute newscaster, etc... If they want to go for "balance", why not have an hour and half of "the Young Turks" from Air America and an hour and half of the Mike Gallagher Show in the morning?

JoeChalupa
04-11-2007, 08:33 PM
I concur.

Holt's Cat
04-11-2007, 10:07 PM
So is there a real systematic racial problem in our society after Imus is dropped by NBC and a variety of Fortune 50 sponsors? Maybe characterizing minority women as bitches and hos in hip hop will be taken on next. Oh wait, there's a black face on that so it's ok....

SequSpur
04-11-2007, 10:10 PM
I don't see a problem with this at all.

AlamoSpursFan
04-11-2007, 10:11 PM
First of all, Imus is not a liberal. He said he was supporting McCain in '08.

:lmao

There's all the proof I need...

midgetonadonkey
04-11-2007, 10:17 PM
I don't see a problem with this at all.

You are short. Your opinion doesn't matter.

sabar
04-12-2007, 02:28 AM
So is there a real systematic racial problem in our society after Imus is dropped by NBC and a variety of Fortune 50 sponsors? Maybe characterizing minority women as bitches and hos in hip hop will be taken on next. Oh wait, there's a black face on that so it's ok....
You know the demographics of the majority of hip-hop listeners?
15-22 year old white males.

I've never befriended a black that called women hos or even listened to that kind of music. That assumption in itself is stereotypical. The whole hip-hop lyric "controversy" is just some blacks selling out their self-image and dignity to semi-racist white consumer listeners. The thug culture is embraced by white youth more than black youth.

Pretty sad really, the whole system is self-defeating.
Anyways, laters Imus, no one will miss you. And I think Imus supporting McCain pretty much confirms his liberalism.

Buddy Holly
04-12-2007, 02:31 AM
If you shoot yourself in the foot, you have to bleed.

mikejones99
04-12-2007, 04:41 AM
mccain says he will still go on the imus show, obama says he will not il>az

Holt's Cat
04-12-2007, 06:51 AM
You know the demographics of the majority of hip-hop listeners?
15-22 year old white males.

I've never befriended a black that called women hos or even listened to that kind of music. That assumption in itself is stereotypical. The whole hip-hop lyric "controversy" is just some blacks selling out their self-image and dignity to semi-racist white consumer listeners. The thug culture is embraced by white youth more than black youth.

Pretty sad really, the whole system is self-defeating.
Anyways, laters Imus, no one will miss you. And I think Imus supporting McCain pretty much confirms his liberalism.

Of course the racist and sexist undertones of hip hop are the white man's fault.

01Snake
04-12-2007, 09:09 AM
Of course the racist and sexist undertones of hip hop are the white man's fault.

Kill Da White Man!

desflood
04-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Maybe characterizing minority women as bitches and hos in hip hop will be taken on next. Oh wait, there's a black face on that so it's ok....
I don't know if anybody else caught this or not: Snoop Dogg's reaction to Imus's comments and why it's okay for black rappers to say such things, but not "old white men" (his words):

"It's a completely different scenario," said Snoop, barking over the phone from a hotel room in L.A. "[Rappers] are not talking about no collegiate basketball girls who have made it to the next level in education and sports. We're talking about ho's that's in the 'hood that ain't doing sh--, that's trying to get a n---a for his money. These are two separate things.

:lol :lol :lol

phyzik
04-12-2007, 12:11 PM
in other news those Lacrosse players where exonerated.... where are the reverand jackson and al Sharpton, 2 supposed men of justice, praising the judicial system about that?

Oh, wait, the ones affected where white.... nevermind.

nsrammstein
04-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Don Imus has just been fired from CBS Radio. I am outraged over this, I demand equal treatment to everyone if I hear the word ''hoe'' or ''nigga'' one more time on the radio or from a black rapper on BET I am contacting the FCC.

Spam
04-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Imus sucks ass!

Spurminator
04-12-2007, 04:01 PM
Don Imus has just been fired from CBS Radio. I am outraged over this, I demand equal treatment to everyone if I hear the word ''hoe'' or ''nigga'' one more time on the radio or from a black rapper on BET I am contacting the FCC.

At what point did the federal government have any involvement in this?

nsrammstein
04-12-2007, 04:03 PM
If someone has been fired over saying ''nappy headed hoes'' it should be illegal and banned from every kind of communications TV,RADIO etc..

Bandwagon Bill
04-12-2007, 04:06 PM
BOYCOTT CBS!!! At least until the next big sporting event.

Spurminator
04-12-2007, 04:07 PM
If someone has been fired over saying ''nappy headed hoes'' it should be illegal and banned from every kind of communications TV,RADIO etc..

Why?

AFBlue
04-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Queue the timer for how long it takes South Park to air an episode that uses the word "ho" as many times as humanly possible. Look for the ticker, and look for a Don Imus character to be featured.....

AFBlue
04-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Sadly, this guy would still have his job if he had made fun of handicapped old people....their activist group isn't nearly as powerful.

johngateswhiteley
04-12-2007, 04:17 PM

ha ha.

leemajors
04-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Sadly, this guy would still have his job if he had made fun of handicapped old people....their activist group isn't nearly as powerful.

i'll go ahead and quote wilbon here:

If this was the first time, or second, or 10th, probably Imus wouldn't have been suspended for two weeks from his syndicated radio show, which is simulcast on MSNBC.

the article is good:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/10/AR2007041001891.html

this one is good, but a much different perspective:

http://www.kansascity.com/182/story/66339.html

both were in the sports guy's blog today.

monosylab1k
04-12-2007, 04:22 PM
him getting fired is absolutely ridiculous, that's for sure.

but it doesn't change the fact that he was still wrong.

monosylab1k
04-12-2007, 04:29 PM
in a country run almost exclusively by old white men, it's hilarious to see people thinking that somehow black people are the ones in control of everything.

AFBlue
04-12-2007, 04:34 PM
i'll go ahead and quote wilbon here:

the article is good:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/10/AR2007041001891.html

this one is good, but a much different perspective:

http://www.kansascity.com/182/story/66339.html

both were in the sports guy's blog today.

I guarantee that no one knew about those comments or placed emphasis on those comments until this got put in front of every American's face on mainstream media outlets and ESPN.

Imus is getting the ouster because the NAACP, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and many other outspoken organizations/individuals made it their top priority, and unfortunately Don Imus doesn't have a huge following of blindly loyal supporters (a la Rush Limbaugh) to sustain the impact.

I guarantee that the lobbying for his ouster wouldn't have been NEARLY as loud if it hadn't come from such a powerful group of organizations/individuals on such a hypercharged issue.

leemajors
04-12-2007, 04:57 PM
I guarantee that no one knew about those comments or placed emphasis on those comments until this got put in front of every American's face on mainstream media outlets and ESPN.

Imus is getting the ouster because the NAACP, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and many other outspoken organizations/individuals made it their top priority, and unfortunately Don Imus doesn't have a huge following of blindly loyal supporters (a la Rush Limbaugh) to sustain the impact.

I guarantee that the lobbying for his ouster wouldn't have been NEARLY as loud if it hadn't come from such a powerful group of organizations/individuals on such a hypercharged issue.

well, one of the CBS execs is a former NAACP chair as well. i think he was pushing to oust dude immediately. imus will probably end up running to sirius i guess. what's funny is stern called into his show in 05 demanding an apology for a skit he aired mocking or criticizing stern and imus hung up on him.

mFFL03
04-12-2007, 05:03 PM
it's pretty much official....no advertisers, no tv show, no radio show for Don Imus

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-12-2007, 05:08 PM
CBS radio announced about an hour ago that he's fired from his radio show.

Spurminator
04-12-2007, 05:13 PM
If there's any demand for him he'll find another job on some other medium.

No doubt all the people who think he's a martyr will be rushing to tune in.

It's like the Dixie Chicks in reverse.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-12-2007, 05:27 PM
CBS radio announced about an hour ago that he's fired from his radio show. what a double standard used against him to lose his job. a witch hunt led by a "reverend" that cheated on his wife and a man that called jews "diamond merchants" and said “If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house.". where's the outrage in that? mel gibson said anti-semitic slurs when he was drunk. al sharpton wasn't. i could care less about imus, but what happened to him was waaaaaaaaaaaay uncalled for. i'm sure harsher words than "nappy headed hoes" are found on 99% of every rap album that has been released in the past 5 years. should their record companies suspend or void their contracts? no. this country is going to hell folks.

johngateswhiteley
04-12-2007, 05:29 PM
this country is going to hell folks.

sometimes, it seems that way.

ididnotnothat
04-12-2007, 05:30 PM
Why does everyone keep throwing the "well rappers....." card all the time. This was NOT about what rappers are singing or talking about it was what came out of Imus's hole...period.

T Park
04-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Funny had this been a black man saying "crackers" or the "white bread honkeys" you wouldn't have heard one word.

Thats a fact.

FlyHigh07
04-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Well, you know, I hate gay people. I let it be known I don't like gay people. I don't like to be around gay people. I'm homophobic. It shouldn't be in the world, in the United States, I don't like it.

T Park
04-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Why does everyone keep throwing the "well rappers....." card all the time. This was NOT about what rappers are singing or talking about it was what came out of Imus's hole...period.

They talk about it, cause thats what they bring up and say quite a bit in their music.

Period, fact, end of discussion.

Its the same old double standard bullshit.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Why does everyone keep throwing the "well rappers....." card all the time. This was NOT about what rappers are singing or talking about it was what came out of Imus's hole...period.how do they differ?

j-6
04-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Imus raised over $10M for a private rehab center for veterans right in the middle of the Walter Reed scandal and gets no media attention besides his own. Then he makes a throwaway statement about the finalists in the women's basketball tourney (remember, he thought the Tennessee team was cute) and he loses his job.

He's not going to Sirius - remember, Stern hates Imus. He's going to that ranch in New Mexico he always talks about and will fade into eventual obscurity.

ididnotnothat
04-12-2007, 06:14 PM
They talk about it, cause thats what they bring up and say quite a bit in their music.

Period, fact, end of discussion.

Its the same old double standard bullshit.

You mean like the double standard that existed for minoriites for many, many years? It is bullshit.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
04-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Jason Whitlock:

We have allowed our youths to buy into a culture (hip hop) that has been perverted, corrupted and overtaken by prison culture. The music, attitude and behavior expressed in this culture is anti-black, anti-education, demeaning, self-destructive, pro-drug dealing and violent.

Rather than confront this heinous enemy from within, we sit back and wait for someone like Imus to have a slip of the tongue and make the mistake of repeating the things we say about ourselves.

It’s embarrassing. Dave Chappelle was offered $50 million to make racially insensitive jokes about black and white people on TV. He was hailed as a genius. Black comedians routinely crack jokes and we all laugh out loud.

I’m no Don Imus apologist. He and his tiny companion Mike Lupica blasted me after I fell out with ESPN. Imus is a hack.

But, in my view, he didn’t do anything outside the norm for shock jocks and comedians. He also offered an apology. That should’ve been the end of this whole affair. Instead, it’s only the beginning. It’s an opportunity for Stringer, Jackson and Sharpton to step on victim platforms and elevate themselves and their agenda$.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1815474/posts

ididnotnothat
04-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Funny had this been a black man saying "crackers" or the "white bread honkeys" you wouldn't have heard one word.

Thats a fact.

It wasn't too long ago that a black man would be lynched for saying it either and thats a fact.

Bigzax
04-12-2007, 06:21 PM
just laugh at it and move on.

people that take this shit seriously don't have enough to worry about.

FlyHigh07
04-12-2007, 06:21 PM
just laugh at it and move on.

people that take this shit seriously don't have enough to worry about.

T Park
04-12-2007, 06:24 PM
It wasn't too long ago that a black man would be lynched for saying it either and thats a fact.
so that makes it ok?

Great logic.

Pistons < Spurs
04-12-2007, 06:28 PM
But, in my view, he didn’t do anything outside the norm for shock jocks and comedians. He also offered an apology. That should’ve been the end of this whole affair. Instead, it’s only the beginning. It’s an opportunity for Stringer, Jackson and Sharpton to step on victim platforms and elevate themselves and their agenda$.
:clap :clap :clap :clap

T Park
04-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Damn, I agree with Jason Whitlock.

stop the damn presses.

ididnotnothat
04-12-2007, 08:25 PM
so that makes it ok?

Great logic.

Yeah. Like the logic about rappers makes it okay for Imus?

Great logic. :rolleyes

T Park
04-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Doesn't make it ok.

No one said that.

They are saying, wheres the similar outrage for them as there is Imus?

CharlieMac
04-12-2007, 09:23 PM
I finally read that Whitlock article. That was great.

leemajors
04-12-2007, 10:37 PM
richard justice's take from his blog:

I doubt we'll ever have a reasonable discussion of Don Imus. Everyone comes into the room looking for a fight. I speak as having been an regular listener for more than a decade. I'm not arguing against his firing. I support it. As someone at Indiana told me of Bob Knight, ''Just because you do some good things doesn't give you the right to do all the bad you want.''

It's important to note that Imus didn't limit his withering, coarse humor to African-Americans. Ted Kennedy, Bill and Hillary, Democrats, Republicans, Gays and a long list of others were constant targets. It was sometimes funny and almost always brutal. He referred to George W. Bush as ''a war criminal'' and railed about the mishandling of the war in Iraq, the mess at Walter Reed and the slow response to Katrina. His interviews with Michael Beschloss, Frank Rich and others shed more light on issues than you can get on most of the morning talk shows in a month.

He attempted to have an honest discussion of race relations when one of his regulars, Harold Ford, who is black, was beaten in a Tennessee Senate race. And there's the Imus Ranch for Kids with Cancer. That's why I'm writing about Don Imus one more time.

If you think Imus was cantankeous on the air, you should have heard the stories about the way he treated those sick kids. He made them shovel and sweep and cut and mow and and do a dozen other chores. When they got thrown from a horse, he made them get back on.

He didn't treat them like sick kids. He seemed to pretend they weren't sick, that they weren't any different from other kids and they were at the ranch to work. When they left the Imus Ranch, they had more self-esteem than they'd had in years. Ask any parent who sent a sick kid there. As some of the kids died over the years, Imus occasionally attempted to talk about them on the air--and broke up.

This is in no way a defense of his racist comments. Racist is racist whether it's supposed to be funny or not. As these shock jocks pushed the envelope on sexual, racial and crude humor, it's not surprising that a few of them have gone down. One of Washington's highest paid radio personalities--The Greaseman--got his about a decade ago. And there was the guy who phoned Air Florida on the air the day after a horrific crash and asked about the one-way fare from National Airport to the 14th Street Bridge. If you can tell me what happened to that guy, you win? Hint: you've heard of him.

Are Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton shameless opportunists? Of course, they are. Allowing shameless opportunists to shine a light on an issue like this means America is a better place because once upon a time, minorities had no voice.

Thanks to Imus, we also know what a remarkable story that Rutgers women's basketball team is. I imagine he'll find another gig. I hope those sponsors who dropped Imus don't drop the kids. I hope he can keep bringing them to the ranch.

T Park
04-12-2007, 10:43 PM
Nice article by justice.

efrem1
04-12-2007, 11:23 PM
To all that in the Spurs nation that are frequent posters from here and across the sea:

I have not seen such hypocrisy in my life. Let me be frank. What Imus said was offensive, but I tell what really offends me. I am a Christian man who acknowledges the majesty and soverignty of God. It just goads me when someone says "g-- d---" or "Jesus Chirst" or talking with the "Man Upstairs." It seems that we cannot get away with blasphemy against a particular section of the human race, but we can against the creator of the worlds.

Racism to some here in the US seems to take place just here, but in realty, it is around all parts of the earth. To you posters from overseas, you know what I mean. In Mexico, no foriegner can purchase land within 50 km of the coast or 100 km of the border. In article 32 of the Mexican Constitution, it states that Mexicans shall have priority over foreigners under equality of circumstances for all classes of concessions and for all employment, positions, or commissions of the Government in which the status of citizenship is not indispensable.

In Zimbabwe, the dictator Mugabe mobilzed mobs to seize and loot 5,000 farms that were owned by white people. In Burma, the Burmese launch vicious attacks on the Karen peoples along the Burmese-Thai border.

In concluding my vent, I ask you folks. Where are Sharpton and Jackson when black people in the south of Sudan and Mauretania (sic) are sold into slavery TODAY? Where are they where the people in Zimbabwe are crying for freedom from the oppression of Mugabe? Where are they when over 1,000 Christians murdered by rampaging Muslim mobs in Borno State in Nigeria? Oh, I guess they before the microphone protesting the words of some washed-up talk show host.

That is all for now.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-13-2007, 02:22 AM
CBS's decision to fire Imus was logical from a business standpoint, but they shouldn;t have had to feel like they needed to do it in the first place. It was a bonehead comment no doubt, but why the hell do black people, like sharpton and jackson, feel like they have to attack Imus for saying the things he did when the notion of the hoe as something particularly black is constantly being promoted every day on the radio by their own people? It's double standard. It's sickening because hardly ever do ou hear about members of the black population, scuh as Jackson and Sharpton, ever being so concerned about what should be and shoud not be said about black women when black men say it. Are comments like the ones Imus said only innapropriate when there is racial disparity? If Sharpton claims that it is an attack on BLACK WOMEN than he needs to have every single rapper on his show apologizing for things they have said about black women. All party's need to be treated the same for their comments about women, otherwise it is only a matter of one person crossing the line not because of what he said, but because who was saying it.

If it is really an issue about black women, Hip hop artists and entertainers who say this stuff need to suck sharptons ass

phyzik
04-13-2007, 10:01 AM
CBS's decision to fire Imus was logical from a business standpoint, but they shouldn;t have had to feel like they needed to do it in the first place. It was a bonehead comment no doubt, but why the hell do black people, like sharpton and jackson, feel like they have to attack Imus for saying the things he did when the notion of the hoe as something particularly black is constantly being promoted every day on the radio by their own people? It's double standard. It's sickening because hardly ever do ou hear about members of the black population, scuh as Jackson and Sharpton, ever being so concerned about what should be and shoud not be said about black women when black men say it. Are comments like the ones Imus said only innapropriate when there is racial disparity? If Sharpton claims that it is an attack on BLACK WOMEN than he needs to have every single rapper on his show apologizing for things they have said about black women. All party's need to be treated the same for their comments about women, otherwise it is only a matter of one person crossing the line not because of what he said, but because who was saying it.

If it is really an issue about black women, Hip hop artists and entertainers who say this stuff need to suck sharptons ass

exactly

04-13-2007, 10:38 AM
What AOL Sports Jason Whitlock's Take Is (http://sports.aol.com/whitlock/_a/time-for-jackson-sharpton-to-step-down/20070411111509990001)

I’m calling for Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, the president and vice president of Black America, to step down.

Their leadership is stale. Their ideas are outdated. And they don’t give a damn about us.

We need to take a cue from White America and re-elect our leadership every four years. White folks realize that power corrupts. That’s why they placed term limits on the presidency. They know if you leave a man in power too long he quits looking out for the interest of his constituency and starts looking out for his own best interest.

We’ve turned Jesse and Al into Supreme Court justices. They get to speak for us for a lifetime.

Why?

If judged by the results they’ve produced the last 20 years, you’d have to regard their administration as a total failure. Seriously, compared to Martin and Malcolm and the freedoms and progress their leadership produced, Jesse and Al are an embarrassment.

Their job the last two decades was to show black people how to take advantage of the opportunities Martin and Malcolm won.

Have we at the level we should have? No.

Rather than inspire us to seize hard-earned opportunities, Jesse and Al have specialized in blackmailing white folks for profit and attention. They were at it again last week, helping to turn radio shock jock Don Imus’ stupidity into a world-wide crisis that reached its crescendo Tuesday afternoon when Rutgers women’s basketball coach C. Vivian Stringer led a massive pity party/recruiting rally.

Hey, what Imus said, calling the Rutgers players "nappy-headed hos," was ignorant, insensitive and offensive. But so are many of the words that come out of the mouths of radio shock jocks/comedians.

Imus’ words did no real damage. Let me tell you what damaged us this week: the sports cover of Tuesday’s USA Today. This country’s newspaper of record published a story about the NFL and crime and ran a picture of 41 NFL players who were arrested in 2006. By my count, 39 of those players were black.

You want to talk about a damaging, powerful image, an image that went out across the globe?

We’re holding news conferences about Imus when the behavior of NFL players is painting us as lawless and immoral. Come on. We can do better than that. Jesse and Al are smarter than that.

Had Imus’ predictably poor attempt at humor not been turned into an international incident by the deluge of media coverage, 97 percent of America would’ve never known what Imus said. His platform isn’t that large and it has zero penetration into the sports world.

Imus certainly doesn’t resonate in the world frequented by college women. The insistence by these young women that they have been emotionally scarred by an old white man with no currency in their world is laughably dishonest.

The Rutgers players are nothing more than pawns in a game being played by Jackson, Sharpton and Stringer.

Jesse and Al are flexing their muscle and setting up their next sting. Bringing down Imus, despite his sincere attempts at apologizing, would serve notice to their next potential victim that it is far better to pay up than stand up to Jesse and Al James.

Stringer just wanted her 15 minutes to make the case that she’s every bit as important as Pat Summitt and Geno Auriemma. By the time Stringer’s rambling, rapping and rhyming 30-minute speech was over, you’d forgotten that Tennessee won the national championship and just assumed a racist plot had been hatched to deny the Scarlet Knights credit for winning it all.

Maybe that’s the real crime. Imus’ ignorance has taken attention away from Candace Parker’s and Summitt’s incredible accomplishment. Or maybe it was Sharpton’s, Stringer’s and Jackson’s grandstanding that moved the spotlight from Tennessee to New Jersey?

None of this over-the-top grandstanding does Black America any good.

We can’t win the war over verbal disrespect and racism when we have so obviously and blatantly surrendered the moral high ground on the issue. Jesse and Al might win the battle with Imus and get him fired or severely neutered. But the war? We don’t stand a chance in the war. Not when everybody knows “nappy-headed ho’s” is a compliment compared to what we allow black rap artists to say about black women on a daily basis.

We look foolish and cruel for kicking a man who went on Sharpton’s radio show and apologized. Imus didn’t pull a Michael Richards and schedule an interview on Letterman. Imus went to the Black vice president’s house, acknowledged his mistake and asked for forgiveness.

Let it go and let God.

We have more important issues to deal with than Imus. If we are unwilling to clean up the filth and disrespect we heap on each other, nothing will change with our condition. You can fire every Don Imus in the country, and our incarceration rate, fatherless-child rate, illiteracy rate and murder rate will still continue to skyrocket.

A man who doesn’t respect himself wastes his breath demanding that others respect him.

We don’t respect ourselves right now. If we did, we wouldn’t call each other the N-word. If we did, we wouldn’t let people with prison values define who we are in music and videos. If we did, we wouldn’t call black women bitches and hos and abandon them when they have our babies.

If we had the proper level of self-respect, we wouldn’t act like it’s only a crime when a white man disrespects us. We hold Imus to a higher standard than we hold ourselves. That’s a (freaking) shame.

We need leadership that is interested in fixing the culture we’ve adopted. We need leadership that makes all of us take tremendous pride in educating ourselves. We need leadership that can reach professional athletes and entertainers and get them to understand that they’re ambassadors and play an important role in defining who we are and what values our culture will embrace.

It’s time for Jesse and Al to step down. They’ve had 25 years to lead us. Other than their accountants, I’d be hard pressed to find someone who has benefited from their administration.

E20
04-13-2007, 11:12 AM
Stuart Scott returned to ESPN Radio's Mike & Mike in the Morning Show this morning to revisit his previous comments that rappers and comedians who use the "n-word," the "b-word," and "ho" are different from Don Imus because they're using it in an affectionate way.

Scott originally said that in a Wednesday appearance on Mike & Mike, and it was re-broadcast on Thursday. This morning, hosts Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic noted that Scott's comments caused a controversy and invited Scott to return to the show and explain himself. Today Scott said,

"I didn't say that it's a good thing that these words are used in endearing expressions, and it's usually, it's mostly the n-word and the b-word, not so much the h-word. I didn't say that it's a good thing, but you can't disagree that it happens....

"They are used like that by some people because they are taking a word, as I said, and they are taking the negative, ugly power out of that word, and they are making it something different."

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/04/13/stuart-scott-on-ho-im-not-saying-this-is-a-good-thing

It makes me mad when the double standard gets played. What is affectionate? I scoff and laugh at that BS and anytime when a double standard gets played it makes me furious -- that's why I side with Don Imus on this one. And there are LOTS of people with the same mentality as Stuart Scott on the above subject matter. It grinds my shit and makes my piss boil.

monosylab1k
04-13-2007, 11:19 AM
i think there's plenty of bullshit injustice that occurs against black people that white people shouldn't get so pissed that one of theirs got fired. Imus publicly embarrassed a group of undeserving girls, and now he's getting his come-uppance. Maybe it's getting taken too far, but tough shit. It's not like he's not still a rich white man. He's not magically turning into a black kid in the hood as punishment, he's losing his cushy job. It's so fucking unfair that a rich white man lose his job even though he's basically all but got a big ass satellite radio gig awaiting him now. I really feel for the injustice he's been dealt here. :rolleyes

to quote chris rock

"white people are waaaaaaaaay too mad about this, black people are waaaaaaay too happy"

Spurminator
04-13-2007, 11:22 AM
It makes me mad when the double standard gets played. What is affectionate? I scoff and laugh at that BS and anytime when a double standard gets played it makes me furious -- that's why I side with Don Imus on this one. And there are LOTS of people with the same mentality as Stuart Scott on the above subject matter. It grinds my shit and makes my piss boil.

So you side with Don Imus but you still think calling a woman a "ho" is wrong?

You sound confused.

And that's the problem. So many people are making Imus a friggin martyr for some stupid cause because they can't stand Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Stuart Scott, or maybe just all black people.

Like I said before, this shit brings out the worst in people.

Why are we so determined to take sides when both sides are so full of shit???

E20
04-13-2007, 11:24 AM
So you side with Don Imus but you still think calling a woman a "ho" is wrong?

You sound confused.

And that's the problem. So many people are making Imus a friggin martyr for some stupid cause because they can't stand Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Stuart Scott, or maybe just all black people.

Like I said before, this shit brings out the worst in people.

Why are we so determined to take sides when both sides are so full of shit???
Calling anybody something deragatory is wrong, but what makes me mad is why is it okay for Group A to say it and nobody gets in trouble, but when Group B does it in the same context it's wrong and repercussions follow. That makes me mad.

Spurminator
04-13-2007, 11:32 AM
It would only make me mad if I felt like I should be able to call people nappy headed hoes without losing my job.

Yeah, for now some people have license to spew ignorant crap, but it doesn't mean we should accept it from everybody until people of influence choose to address that. Maybe the one good thing that could come of this media circus is people will direct their attention to the way women are treated in the settings that influence hip hop.

monosylab1k
04-13-2007, 11:44 AM
for anyone bitching about why 50 cent is allow to say nappy headed ho but Don Imus isn't, I offer this which I found on another forum. I think this guy makes pretty good sense.

"First, rap music merely reflects what's really going on in poorer neighborhoods - right or wrong.

Second, rap music doesn't single out 10 young girls and call them hoes...in other words, it's not personal.

Third, and this is debatable, but IMUS had a following and was seen as a political platform for many. Rap music is pure entertainment - debased in some cases, but it's not generally seen as a credible source of news, information and politics.

So, while I agree that rap music has warts and should change, it's not the artists who benefit. It's the white music execs, in most cases. Even if it's not, you can't equate rap music with IMUS.

My point is that a WHITE person should be offended by his remarks. People want to make this into a white/black issue. So, in order to temper the argument they mention rap music. If a black announcer referred to these young women as nappy headed hoes, would it have been any less offensive? any more acceptable? NO.

And by the way, listen to metal and other forms of music, it's not just in rap. It's how women are objectified on MTV. On soaps, reality shows, etc.

So, while I agree that rap music should hold to a standard, it's clear that IMUS should be held to a higher one. Now when Jay-Z starts getting interviews with Tim Russert , McCain and Biden, then let's talk."

AFBlue
04-13-2007, 12:25 PM
for anyone bitching about why 50 cent is allow to say nappy headed ho but Don Imus isn't, I offer this which I found on another forum. I think this guy makes pretty good sense.

"First, rap music merely reflects what's really going on in poorer neighborhoods - right or wrong.

Second, rap music doesn't single out 10 young girls and call them hoes...in other words, it's not personal.

Third, and this is debatable, but IMUS had a following and was seen as a political platform for many. Rap music is pure entertainment - debased in some cases, but it's not generally seen as a credible source of news, information and politics.

So, while I agree that rap music has warts and should change, it's not the artists who benefit. It's the white music execs, in most cases. Even if it's not, you can't equate rap music with IMUS.

My point is that a WHITE person should be offended by his remarks. People want to make this into a white/black issue. So, in order to temper the argument they mention rap music. If a black announcer referred to these young women as nappy headed hoes, would it have been any less offensive? any more acceptable? NO.

And by the way, listen to metal and other forms of music, it's not just in rap. It's how women are objectified on MTV. On soaps, reality shows, etc.

So, while I agree that rap music should hold to a standard, it's clear that IMUS should be held to a higher one. Now when Jay-Z starts getting interviews with Tim Russert , McCain and Biden, then let's talk."

Snoop Dogg said the same things this guy said, but in less eloquent wording....it doesn't make his point valid.

What he's saying is that it's okay for rappers to levy insults on young black women, because those young black women are deserving of the term, and those rappers are exempt from punishment because they do it for entertainment and are not respected.

That's a load of shit. I'm sure plenty of America's youth (black and white, male and female) look up to and respect the 50 Cent's, Jay-Zs, Ludacris's, and Rob Zombie's (so you don't think I'm just targeting African American Rappers) WAY MORE than they look up to or respect a guy like Don Imus.

I also disagree with one of the last statement this person in another forum said (underlined and bolded). If this was a prominent African-American radio figure, yes they would have been burned in the media, but I can guarantee they wouldn't have been fired. Two reasons why:

1. The inevitable double-standard of, "well I am one, so I can say things like that".

2. Because Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and to some extent the NAACP need the causes they support to have African American victims and NOT HAVE African Americans that are part of the problem.

MannyIsGod
04-13-2007, 12:45 PM
This country is fucking retarded. With wars going on and real news out there what leads the news? Either some old white guy sticking his foot in his mouth about some nappy headed hos who hold press confrences to tell us they are in the process of forgiving Imus (whatever the fuck that means) or who the father is of some dead white glorified stripper.

Fucking idiots.

01Snake
04-13-2007, 12:49 PM
This country is fucking retarded. With wars going on and real news out there what leads the news? Either some old white guy sticking his foot in his mouth about some nappy headed hos who hold press confrences to tell us they are in the process of forgiving Imus (whatever the fuck that means) or who the father is of some dead white glorified stripper.

Fucking idiots.

:clap Just when the hoopla surrounding Anna Nichole died down we are now blasted with this Imus shit. Aren't there bigger concerns in the US (and the world for that matter) that we can turn out attention too?

AFBlue
04-13-2007, 12:50 PM
:clap Just when the hoopla surrounding Anna Nichole died down we are now blasted with this Imus shit. Aren't there bigger concerns in the US (and the world for that matter) that we can turn out attention too?

I hear the Rosie-Donald Fued ratcheted up a notch... :lol

j-6
04-13-2007, 12:52 PM

Fucking idiots.

You're right. If there was a cute blonde girl missing in Aruba or a runaway bride to talk about this Imus / Rutgers story might have never seen the light of day.

MannyIsGod
04-13-2007, 12:52 PM
:clap Just when the hoopla surrounding Anna Nichole died down we are now blasted with this Imus shit. Aren't there bigger concerns in the US (and the world for that matter) that we can turn out attention too?This coming from the guy who called OJ a pimp. You're just as bad if not worse dipshit.

MannyIsGod
04-13-2007, 12:54 PM
No shit, where is my missing blonde chick update?

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Hope springs.

01Snake
04-13-2007, 02:08 PM
This coming from the guy who called OJ a pimp. You're just as bad if not worse dipshit.

You got the wrong guy. I've never said OJ was a pimp. A murderer yes...pimp, no.

T Park
04-13-2007, 03:07 PM
Where is the apology from Jesse and Sharpton for the Duke Lacross players?

QUESTION

Holt's Cat
04-13-2007, 04:35 PM

Fucking idiots.

:tu

mikejones99
04-13-2007, 04:50 PM
are they gonna go after the rest of the radio and tv and rappers, then internet people who say bad words? where does it all end? This is why womens basketball should not be on TV.

T Park
04-13-2007, 05:09 PM

ggoose25
04-13-2007, 05:21 PM
what im left scratching my head about is... al sharpton and jesse jackson are preachers, shouldnt they forgive him now? and they refuse! I think that just exposes them for the bullshit hypocrites they are. There are so many better spokespeople for black...I hate that the media has anointed them "the black voice."

mikejones99
04-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Chris Rock and Ray Taliaferro are the real black voices.

01Snake
04-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Good Ol' Al Sharpton:

TAX EVASION: In a 1988 interview, Sharpton said he saw no reason why blacks should pay taxes. “If we do not have a justice system that protects us, what are we paying for?” Sharpton has faced multiple charges—and one conviction—of tax evasion.

TAWANA BRAWLY: 1987. Al Sharpton, during the infamous Tawana Brawley case, falsely accused a former assistant district attorney of raping and sodomizing Ms. Brawley. Young Tawana stated that white racists abducted, raped, and sodomized her, scrawling the initials “KKK” on her in human feces. A grand jury later found the entire incident a complete hoax. Most likely, Ms. Brawley, afraid of punishment for staying out too late, fabricated the entire story. This did not stop Reverend Al Sharpton, who accused Pagones an assistant district attorney, of the crime. “We stated openly that Steven Pagones did it. If we’re lying, sue us, so we can go into court with you and prove you did it. Sue us—sue us right now.”

Pagones did. After receiving death threats, and threats against his child, Pagones sued Sharpton and two others for defamation. A jury unanimously concluded that Sharpton defamed Pagones, ordering Sharpton to pay $65,000 to Pagones. The Reverend promptly announced his intention not to pay. A couple years later, Sharpton’s buddies passed the hat and paid off Sharpton’s debt, which totaled $87,000 with interest and penalties. To this day, never having paid one penny of his own to Pagones, Sharpton refuses to apologize, “I did what I believed….They are asking me to grovel. They want black children to say they forced a black man coming out of the hard-core ghetto to his knees….Once you begin bending, it’s ‘did you bend today?’ or ‘I missed the apology, say it again.’ Once you start compromising, you lose respect for yourself.”

CENTRAL PARK JOGGER: In 1989 “the jogger,” a young white woman, was monstrously raped and nearly beaten to death in Central Park. Sharpton insisted—despite the defendants’ confessions—that her black attackers were innocent, modern-day Scottsboro Boys trapped in “a fit of racial hysteria.” Sharpton charged that the jogger’s boyfriend did it, and organized protests outside the courthouse, chanting, “The boyfriend did it!” and denouncing the victim as “Whore!” He brought Tawana Brawley to the trial, to show her “white justice” and arranged for her to meet the attackers. Sharpton appealed for a psychiatrist to examine the victim, generously saying, “It doesn’t even have to be a black psychiatrist….We’re not endorsing the damage to the girl—if there was this damage.” (While it doesn’t excuse his calling the victim a “whore” and denigrating any damage to her, or his accusations against the boyfriend, the convictions of the accused were eventually vacated, despite their taped confessions, after another man—whose DNA matched—confessed to the rape in 2002.)

CROWN HEIGHTS/ “DIAMOND MERCHANTS”: In 1991, Gavin Cato, a seven-year-old black child was killed in a traffic accident in Crown Heights (in Brooklyn), when a car driven by a Hasidic Jew went out of control. Sharpton turned it into a racial incident. Sharpton led 400 protesters through the Jewish section of Crown Heights, with one protester holding a sign that read, “The White Man Is the Devil.” There were four nights of rock- and bottle-throwing, and a young Talmudic scholar was surrounded by a mob shouting, “Kill the Jew” and stabbed to death. A hundred others were injured. Sharpton said, “The world will tell us that [Gavin Cato] was killed by accident….What type of city do we have that would allow politics to rise above the blood of innocent babies?…Talk about how Oppenheimer in South Africa sends diamonds straight to Tel Aviv and deals with the diamond merchants right here in Crown Heights….All we want to say is what Jesus said: If you offend one of these little ones, you got to pay for it. No compromise. Pay for your deeds.” Later Sharpton said, “If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house.”

ARAFAT: When Sharpton announced a 2001 trip to the Middle East, Rabbi Shmuley Boteach helped plan his itinerary. Sharpton, according to the Rabbi, promised not to meet with Yassir Arafat, yet only days later, Jewish New Yorkers opened the morning paper to see a smiling Arafat and Sharpton, meeting and shaking hands in Israel. Furious, Rabbi Boteach said, “Prior to our recent trip to Israel, U.S. black leader Reverend Al Sharpton and I discussed several times that there were to be no meetings with Arab or Palestinian leaders, not because I wished to set preconditions for our travel, but because the express objective of our mission was to show solidarity with Israeli victims of terror. The idea was to provide a magnanimous gesture of friendship and solidarity with the Jewish nation that would hopefully have strong reverberations for the relationship of the Jewish and black communities back home.”

FREDDY’S FASHION MART/”WHITE INTERLOPER”: 1995. A Jewish store owner in Harlem was accused of driving a black record store owner out of business, when the United House of Prayer, one of the largest black landlords on 125th Street, raised the rent on the Fashion Mart owned by a Jew, Freddy Harari, who then raised the rent on his subtenant, Sikhulu Shange, who ran a record store. At one of many rallies meant to scare the Jewish owner away, Sharpton said, “…There is a systematic and methodical strategy to eliminate our people from doing business off 125th Street. I want to make it clear…that we will not stand by and allow them to move this brother so that some white interloper can expand his business.” Following a demonstration three months later, one of the protestors, a black man, stormed Freddy’s Fashion Mart with a pistol, screaming, “It’s on now! All blacks out!” In addition to shooting, he set fire to the building, eventually killing himself and seven others. Initially, Sharpton denied having spoken at any rallies. When tapes surfaced, he said, “What’s wrong with denouncing white interlopers?” Eventually, he apologized—but only for saying “white,” not “interloper.”

OUT OF THE KING MOVEMENT: Although he was 14 when Martin Luther King was assassinated, Sharpton claims he “came out of the King movement.” Sharpton once explained, “I was on some show this week, and people said, ‘Why don’t you just let it go? Why don’t y’all just get over it?’ Get over what? Get over Dr. King dying? Get over Medger Evers dying? Get over Goodman, Chaney and Schwerner dying? Get over those four girls in Birmingham dying? We are never gonna get over it, and we are never gonna let you forget it!”

FBI TAPES/COCAINE: In 2002, HBO aired a 19-year-old FBI surveillance of Sharpton with self-described mobster Michael Franzese and an undercover FBI agent posing as a Latin American businessman. The three were discussing promoting boxing matches and musical events. HBO’s “Real Sports” got a hold of a hidden camera video that shows undercover agent Victor Quintana posing as a drug dealer trying to convince Sharpton to play a middleman in a big cocaine buy.

Sharpton asks the undercover agent, “What kind of time limit are we dealing with?”

“Coke?” the agent asks.

“Yeah.” Sharpton says.

The phony drug dealer says, “Could be about the same time we have 4 million coming to us.”

Sharpton: “End of April?”

“End of April. Six weeks from now. Is that a good time you think?” the agent asks.

“Probably,” Sharpton replies.

Later on, the undercover agent offers Sharpton a finder's fee for help with the drug deal and says to Sharpton, “I can get pure coke for about $35,000 a kilo ... Every kilogram we bring in, $3,500 to you. How does that sound?” Sharpton nods in response.

The deal never went down, and Sharpton has said he was just playing along because he was scared of the would-be kingpin. “And I'm in his office. I don't know whether this man is armed. I don't know what's going on. So I kind of say, ‘Yeah, yeah, yeah,’ to get out of there,” Sharpton claimed the tape was leaked by law enforcement officials to disrupt his 2004 presidential run, and he sued HBO, its parent company AOL Time Warner, and several individuals who worked on the story. No charges were ever brought against Sharpton because of the tape, which was allegedly made to get Sharpton to act as an informant for the feds into an investigation into corruption by Don King and the boxing industry. The HBO report featured former Mafia captain Michael Franzese saying that the FBI was on the right track when it targeted Sharpton in a sting back in 1983 to try and root out corruption in boxing.

Sharpton admitted in 1988 that he informed for the government in order “to get rid of drugs and election fraud” in black neighborhoods. He denied informing on civil rights leaders and organized crime figures.

FBI TAPES/DONATIONS: After Sharpton’s name surfaced on wiretaps in an unrelated Philadelphia City Hall corruption case, the FBI launched a probe into Sharpton’s fund-raising for his failed 2004 presidential run. The FBI secretly videotaped Sharpton on May 9, 2003, pocketing campaign donations from two “shady fund-raisers” in a NY City hotel room, and then demanding $25,000 more. The two fund-raisers were La-Van Hawkins and the late Ronald White. Hawkins is currently on trial in Philadelphia on corruption charges. White was going to be indicted, but died before charges were brought. A later wiretap recorded Hawkins telling White that they had raised more than $140,000 for Sharpton the previous quarter, but Hawkins was concerned that Sharpton had only reported about $50,000 to the Federal Election Commission, as required by law. Sharpton said the allegations were a “politically motivated smokescreen” to hide the fact the Justice Department is out to get him. He ripped the probe and the secret videotaping, saying, “Can you imagine what would happen if it was a white presidential candidate?”

mikejones99
04-13-2007, 05:55 PM
Sharpton must have some good lawyers and friends or else he be in jail like the poor peoples.