PDA

View Full Version : Are the Bulls legitimate contenders?

z0sa
04-09-2007, 11:06 AM
The Bulls recently moved into the No. 2 spot, and this got me thinking about a possible Detroit vs. Bulls ECF. But the bulls would have to play Miami first... right? Could the Bulls beat Detroit and Miami, or either?

I think they could, but Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich would have to be good offensively.

bdictjames
04-09-2007, 11:11 AM
I think the Bulls are gonna be the EC champions. They've got a good scoring unit and a better defensive unit in their squad. And Thomas' play has upped as of late. But I still dont think they could handle either Spurs/Mavs in the Finals.

MrChug
04-09-2007, 11:12 AM
The Bulls recently moved into the No. 2 spot, and this got me thinking about a possible Detroit vs. Bulls ECF. But the bulls would have to play Miami first... right? Could the Bulls beat Detroit and Miami, or either?

I think they could, but Ben Gordon and Kirk Hinrich would have to be good offensively.

Well, I think they're showing the inconsistency that the Heat did last year and look what happened to the Heat. That's one way of looking at it.

...or I could give you my honest opinion and just say "No.".

MrChug
04-09-2007, 11:12 AM
I think the Bulls are gonna be the EC champions. They've got a good scoring unit and a better defensive unit in their squad. And Thomas' play has upped as of late. But I still dont think they could handle either Spurs/Mavs in the Finals.

I picked them at seasons commencement to do the same, but my faith has been rattled beyond my original prediction.

mabber
04-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Well, I think they're showing the inconsistency that the Heat did last year and look what happened to the Heat. That's one way of looking at it.

...or I could give you my honest opinion and just say "No.".

They're legitimate contenders in the east but I don't believe they could beat the Mavs, Spurs or Suns in the finals.

I do know several Heat fans fear the Bulls more than the Pistons as they seem to match up better with the Heat than the Pistons do.

monosylab1k
04-09-2007, 11:15 AM
I picked them in the preaseason, and I'm still sticking with them. I don't think Miami or Cleveland are good enough, and I just don't see a team coached by Flip Saunders ever going to the Finals. That leaves the Bulls.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-09-2007, 11:26 AM
I stand by my original prediction which was that their D is good enough to get them to the conference finals in the east, and if the right guys get hot at the right time they've got a chance at the finals, but barring any catastrophic injuries to the western conference champs (whoever they may be) the Bulls aren't a championship team yet.

ploto
04-09-2007, 11:29 AM
They didn't look so great against Toronto yesterday. :D

NBA Junkie
04-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Two reasons why they're not:

1) No go-to-guy offensively

2) They live and die by the jumpshot. No inside scoring theat.

That said, if they can get by Miami, they could come out of the east, but the above problems won't get them past anyone from the West in the finals.

Findog
04-09-2007, 11:51 AM

Bulls have some good, young pieces, and they're a good defensive team, but no. They'd put up a good fight against Dal/Sas/Phx, but I just don't see it.

Here's the list of teams with a legitimate shot at winning the title, in the following order of most to least likely:

1. Dallas
2. San Antonio
3. Phoenix
4. Miami
5. Detroit
6. Houston
7. Cleveland

Miami and Cleveland only appear on this list because we'll be treated to Bron-Bron and D-Pussy getting 30 FTA's per game.

td4mvp21
04-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Yes they are, I'm expecting them and Detroit to make the ECF's, and from there, it's a toss up. I could easily see them making the Finals. They have great defense, good scoring distribution, and they have a lot of players that can contribute in different ways. Their only weakness is low-post scoring, but with the NBA's guard/small forward-dominated offense that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

angel_luv
04-09-2007, 12:05 PM
They didn't look so great against Toronto yesterday. :D

Word. :)

Findog
04-09-2007, 12:07 PM
I don't think Miami or Cleveland are good enough

That's beside the point. I love LeBron. Please, please David Stern, don't give him a handicap the way you did with D-Pussy. Let the Cavs earn a ring.

and I just don't see a team coached by Flip Saunders ever going to the Finals.

Detroit seems to be the most well-rounded team in the Least. And I really think that their meltdown in the playoffs last year had more to do with shaky chemistry than any talent issues. Their lockerroom cancer took his afro, his 31% FT percentage and his dwindling defensive presence to Chicago. I think Detroit is better off without him, and as long as D-Pussy's FTAs are in the 10-15 range, they should get past Miami.

Cry Havoc
04-09-2007, 12:56 PM
I picked them in the preaseason, and I'm still sticking with them. I don't think Miami or Cleveland are good enough, and I just don't see a team coached by Flip Saunders ever going to the Finals. That leaves the Bulls.

Dude do you realize you have Leo DiCaprio in your sig :lol

;) :toast

kingsfan
04-09-2007, 02:06 PM
I'd love to say yes as I'm a big fan of da Bulls but they're too inconsistent. If i6t was best of 5 then possibly but in best of 7 they're screwed.

monosylab1k
04-09-2007, 02:10 PM
Dude do you realize you have Leo DiCaprio in your sig :lol

;) :toast

:lol

Chris Childs
04-09-2007, 02:15 PM
In all of the Leonardo DiCaprio movies, why does he always have to play the fag role?

StylisticS
04-09-2007, 06:52 PM
I don't have a lot of faith in teams that have the type of road record they do. They are good at home but lose their energy on the road for some reason. Chicago does match up well with both Detroit and Miami.

Rip-Hamilton32
04-09-2007, 07:51 PM
in the east right now anyone could be going to the finals but i don't think its gonna be the bulls

loveThe23
04-09-2007, 07:53 PM
I think that they could compete with Detroit, judging from the games this season. Miami, i'm not sure.... as Wade's gonna be back in the playoffs, i mean they're the 4th seed..not easy. They didn't play well yesterday, but, (this isn't an excuse) this IS the end of the season and alot of teams are saving their energy for the playoffs. that might or might not be the deal with them, not so sure, but they definitely got beat bad yesterday. So you never actually know what's going to happen in the playoffs. i think that there could be a preview of the Bulls vs Pistons, ECF. But if they want to get that far, they really have to watch themselves against Miami if they're going to play them. the Raptors are pretty tough, but I think that there's a rare chance that they'll play each other. :dizzy

Edit:: so my answer's yes.