PDA

View Full Version : Any Spurs Fans That Live in Europe?

howbouthemspurs
04-09-2007, 11:48 AM
I was born in San Antonio and I grew up watching the Spurs. Ive lived in Dallas and in Houston for a while too. Now I live in Germany; I lived here for almost 2 years. I have traveled all over Europe! The only NBA fans that I see over here are Michael Jordan fans and Spurs fans! I went to Spain and saw a couple kids wearing Tony Parker jerseys in Lloret De Mar. In France I saw some more people wearing Tony Parker jerseys and a large billboard with Tony Parker wearing sunglassess near Paris. Here in Germany I saw a guy sporting a Tim Duncan jersey in Berlin and a dude wearing a David Robinson jersey in Frankfurt . In Italy I saw a girl wearing a Manu Ginobili T-shirt near Sicily. I was really suprised when I saw this since I dont see many people here wearing NBA gear just the ones that were wearing Spurs gear. I was happy to see that our fan base has reached all over. I wonder if ill see any spurs fans in England!.

Are there any spurs fans on this forum that live in Europe?

FromWayDowntown
04-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Nope. None. Particularly none from Slovenia. None at all.

Slomo
04-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Damn foreigners!

French Fan
04-09-2007, 12:29 PM
I live in france (obvious i know)
here people are spurs and suns fans because of tony and boris diaw.
here nba is on tv since 1991 (only the finals)
so most people are fan of jordan
jordan,iverson and kobe are the most popular

JPB
04-09-2007, 12:30 PM
Are there any US fans in this board ?
Tought there were just argentinians, frenchies and a bunch of slovenians.

Kori Ellis
04-09-2007, 12:41 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1436135&postcount=4

howbouthemspurs
04-09-2007, 12:53 PM
Wow Spurs fans are everywhere!... Ive been to Kuwait, Iraq and Afganistan, some of the places in these countries was complete hell but I did mangage to meet a guy wearing an old and torn up George Gervin 44 jersey. I asked him wear he got it. He said it was a gift from a charity in America along with a lot of other things, but didnt know which charity it was. I asked him if he was a Spurs fan, he said he liked David Robinson. I asked him if he knew who the rest of the spurs were and he didnt know!

Streakyshooter08
04-09-2007, 01:04 PM
:tu

alamo50
04-09-2007, 04:43 PM
I asked him if he was a Spurs fan, he said he liked David Robinson. I asked him if he knew who the rest of the spurs were and he didnt know!

:hat

naico
04-10-2007, 07:48 AM
I'm from Brussels,Belgium. Most nba fans here are rooting for the spurs because of their fundamental way of playing basketball. I'm a fan since David Robinson was drafted. After that i became a huge Duncan fan. Lots of love for TP here as well. Born in Bruges and parker senior used to play for belgian teams.

romain.star
04-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Some Europeans started being interested in the NBA in 1992 with the Golden Dream Team
But people are not rooting for any particular team. French fans root for Parker or Diaw, Germans for Dirk, Spaniards for Gasol, Argentinians for Manu (ok it's not Europe) etc etc...

BgT
04-10-2007, 09:15 AM
Most nba fans here are rooting for the spurs
Oh, come on. I have some friends from Charleroi and they say that's not true. You have any polls that actually show this result?

naico
04-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Some polls? WTF? I can only tell about my experiences..I know there are a lot of spurs fans in brussels..Charleroi is in the far south of Belgium..Was talking about Brussels..BTW European cup final tonight in Charleroi ;-)

polandprzem
04-10-2007, 09:38 AM
I doubt that there is one spurs fan in Europe

Do they have tv's there?

naico
04-10-2007, 09:51 AM
its all about cable man..We get summeries of nba games every saturday during a one hour show + 2 to 3 games a week..Iv got espn, TNT nd Nba tv on my computer and ofcourse theres the internet. Its about being pasionate about the game and the nba. Me, myself am a big follower of the nba. I can name you at least eight players on every team lol. Besides that we get coverages of ncaa games.

alamo50
04-10-2007, 11:45 AM
I'm from Brussels,Belgium

Welcome neighbour!

TDMVPDPOY
04-10-2007, 11:45 AM
and how many the responses here are from the same person....

naico
04-10-2007, 11:58 AM
Leuk te horen dat er ook hollandse fans aanwezig zijn op deze forum! :)
Van waar kom je precies?

SpurYank
04-10-2007, 12:07 PM
There are a lot of Spurs fans among the professionals in the Washington DC area because of TD's and DR's four year college careers. The die-hard NBA/Wizards fans hate them because of their winning ways. Eddie Jordan, coach of the Wizards, dreams of someday facing the Spurs in the NBA finals, not the Mavericks/Suns/Lakers. He has said so more than once.

The Spurs!