PDA

View Full Version : Falcons sign Harrington

mardigan
04-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Updated: April 9, 2007, 1:13 PM ET
Former No. 1 pick Harrington agrees to Falcons dealESPN.com news services

The Atlanta Falcons have agreed to terms with free agent quarterback Joey Harrington on a two-year contract, ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting.

Joey Harrington
Quarterback
Atlanta Falcons

2006 SEASON STATISTICS
Att Comp Yds TD Int Rat
388 223 2120 12 15 68.2

Financial terms of the deal were not available.

Harrington will replace Matt Schaub as Michael Vick's backup in Atlanta. Schaub signed a six-year, $48 million deal with the Houston Texans last month.

Last season, Harrington played in 11 games for the Miami Dolphins. He passed for 2,236 yards along with 12 touchdowns and 15 interceptions.

Before joining Miami, Harrington played four seasons with Detroit. The former University of Oregon standout was the third overall pick of the Lions in the 2002 NFL draft.

Chris Mortensen covers the NFL for ESPN.

djohn14
04-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Hmmmm. Good signing. If Vick goes down, at least they have a former starter with potential.

Vizzini
04-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Hmmmm. Good signing. If Vick goes down, at least they have a former starter with potential.

:lol :lol :lol

You sure as hell are not a Lions fan are you? Joey Blue Skies is helluva nice guy, but a real shitty quarterback. You better hope Mexico doesn't get hurt. And if you don't believe me, ask a Dolphins fan.

djohn14
04-09-2007, 03:11 PM

You sure as hell are not a Lions fan are you? Joey Blue Skies is helluva nice guy, but a real shitty quarterback. You better hope Mexico doesn't get hurt. And if you don't believe me, ask a Dolphins fan.

Nope, not a Lions fan. I'm just saying he should be a decent backup. I know he can play the piano. Also, I'm not sure I get the Mexico part.

kingsfan
04-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Damn that means DJ Shockley goes back down to #3. He needs a chance somewhere, he's going to be good, given the opportunity.

mardigan
04-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Damn that means DJ Shockley goes back down to #3. He needs a chance somewhere, he's going to be good, given the opportunity.
Yea, I kike Shockley a lot as well, think he is a better version of Seneca Wallace.

sa_butta
04-09-2007, 05:42 PM

You sure as hell are not a Lions fan are you? Joey Blue Skies is helluva nice guy, but a real shitty quarterback. You better hope Mexico doesn't get hurt. And if you don't believe me, ask a Dolphins fan.He was not as horrible as a thought, but I dont think he is worthy of a starting position in the NFL, he is an OK back-up. That is about all. Too bad about losing Matt Schaub and now being downgraded to Harrington. Could be worse at least the Falcons have a starting QB.

timvp
04-09-2007, 06:05 PM
This is the ultimate vote of confidence for Michael Vick. He has to know that the coaches and management are behind him 100%.

NBA Junkie
04-09-2007, 06:24 PM
This is the ultimate vote of confidence for Michael Vick. He has to know that the coaches and management are behind him 100%.

Of course it is. That's why Jim Mora Jr. was shown the door instead of Vick with the differences they had.

I'm surprised that there aren't any Harrington > Vick posts yet. That's not my opinion, but some of the guys I speak with think that Vick is the most overrated QB in the history of football.

mardigan
04-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Of course it is. That's why Jim Mora Jr. was shown the door instead of Vick with the differences they had.

I'm surprised that there aren't any Harrington > Vick posts yet. That's not my opinion, but some of the guys I speak with think that Vick is the most overrated QB in the history of football.
Its easy to say that. Personally I think that he has never had a steady #1 reciever in his career, but, thats just opinion. It would be hard for me to call him overated though while rushing for 1000 yards last year

DNS Error
04-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Well as a Fin fan i was (slightly) happy that Joey left, but not happy that he was able to leave behind our QB situation, which is absolute shit. What if we trade for Green, and he returns to form like in 2005 and 04? then we have Daunte return to somewhat like his old self, and we have one too many good QB's. Personally i dont see the old Daunte appearing, and i am happy for joey.