PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets in the FIrst round...

traitoravery
04-09-2007, 02:15 PM
1. y-Dallas --
2. y-Phoenix 5.5
3. x-San Antonio 8.0
4. y-Utah 15.0
5. x-Houston 15.5
6. Denver 23.0
7. LA Lakers 23.5
8. LA Clippers 25.5
9. Golden State 26.5

Looks Like Denver has taken the 6th spot from the Fakers....Which Team matches up more favorably for the Spurs?

ANd which Team would you rather play. Discuss

mabber
04-09-2007, 02:24 PM
If I were the Spurs, I'd rather face the Lakers instead of the Nuggets. Either way, the Spurs should win the series in 5-6 games.

Kori Ellis
Both teams are good. I'd rather play Denver I think, because Kobe can steal games on his own - plus the Spurs don't have someone that matches up well with Odom and he's been rebounding like a beast lately.

Either way - Spurs in 5 hard fought games.

Cry Havoc
Probably Denver, simply because with Kobe you have a hot-head who has a higher probability of hurting one of our key guys than the Nuggets.

Also, I'd like to see the Lakers go at Phoenix... although Denver would be an intruiging matchup as well... hmmm....

nkdlunch
04-09-2007, 02:29 PM
lakers are easier. Denver has been playing great and combination of Nene, Iverson + Melo is very tough. + Melo and Iverson are clutch, in a close game that would hurt.

Lakers are in a slump and most likely be in that slump into playoffs.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Nuggets. A healthy Odom is a mismatch nightmare for us. And I know that any nationally televised Lakers series will include a fair amount of commentators tossing Phil Jackson's salad at every turn no matter what the score or situation.

td4mvp21
04-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Nuggets, Phil Jackson and Kobe are a dangerous combination. Either way, the Spurs are going to have to be extrememly focused on the boards. Both teams are good rebounding teams.

SpursDynasty
04-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Who was the really annoying commentator who would ruin every Spurs-Lakers playoff game by yelling "GOT IT!" at EVERY damn Laker basket? I think it was in 2003.

Phenomanul
04-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Probably Denver, simply because with Kobe you have a hot-head who has a higher probability of hurting one of our key guys than the Nuggets.

Also, I'd like to see the Lakers go at Phoenix... although Denver would be an intruiging matchup as well... hmmm....

Don't forget the Nuggets (aka the Thuggets) gang-punched Ginobili during their series in '05....

I suppose George Karl will look for something else to gripe about seeing how Ginobili's hair is no longer long.

But let's not sleep on A.I. The Spurs have had problems containing him in the past.

PerforatedNeckline
04-09-2007, 02:47 PM
i want the nuggets to play the suns in the first round, ideally with the suns at the 3 and the nuggets at the 6. a few weeks ago, when the nuggets smashed the suns, iverson went nuts against nash's complete lack of defense. i think his numbers 44 points (on 16-22 shooting!), 15 assists, and one turnover. i want to see that happen repeatedly throughout the course of a series.

degenerate_gambler
04-09-2007, 02:59 PM
i think SA draws Denver in the first round and it takes six games to put them down.

AFBlue
04-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Denver has more talented players, but I don't think that translates into wins with their lack of chemistry. So the decision comes down to choosing between more talented players or the most talented player and great coach....tough.

I'll ride the fence on this one....

Just kidding, I'll say the Spurs should face the Nuggets...Bowen should bother Melo and Tony is quick enough for AI.

wildbill2u
04-09-2007, 03:10 PM
Watching Odom confidently knock down some 3s the other night gave me pause. If TD is on him and Odom can bring him out away from the basket, then we have a defensive rebounding problem. He is a premier quality player at both ends of the court and will be a difficult matchup for whoever.

Anybody want to put up the matchups for us with each team.

AFBlue
04-09-2007, 03:17 PM
Watching Odom confidently knock down some 3s the other night gave me pause. If TD is on him and Odom can bring him out away from the basket, then we have a defensive rebounding problem. He is a premier quality player at both ends of the court and will be a difficult matchup for whoever.

Anybody want to put up the matchups for us with each team.

I'm not sure Duncan would be on Odom, as I think Odom is far more likely to draw fouls than either Bynum or Turiaf. I honestly think Elson might have enough athleticism to at least stay in front of him....everyone else would be a mismatch on Odom.

Cry Havoc
04-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Gah, now I'm torn. I'd love to see a Suns - Nuggets first round. Two teams who do nothing but play offense. That might even go 6 or 7 games, which would be ideal for us.

boutons_
04-09-2007, 03:46 PM
The Nuggs schedule:

Mon 9 LA Lakers W
Wed 11 at Utah L
Fri 13 at NO/Oklahoma City W
Sat 14 at Memphis W
Mon 16 Minnesota W
Wed 18 at San Antonio L

Lakers schedule:

Mon 9 at Denver L
Thu 12 LA Clippers W
Fri 13 at Phoenix L
Sun 15 Seattle W
Wed 18 at Sacramento W

If they both lose 2 more games, Denver retains 6th seed.

If they tie (Den loses 1 more remaining game than Lakers), Denver is ahead 2-1 in the h2h series, going into tonight's game, but Lakers have the much better WC record as tie-breaker.

Very hard to say how it's going to play out.

The Spurs may hold the 6th seed decision with the Nuggs @ Spurs 18 April. If the Spurs rest and let Nuggs win, Spurs start with Nuggs.
If the Spurs win, the Spurs start with Lakers.

101A
04-09-2007, 03:54 PM
I don't like that the last game of the season is Denver in SA; then starting a playoff series the same way. Not easy to beat ANY NBA team 3 times in a row in the same building (nice that we have 7 game series now).

JamStone
04-09-2007, 04:29 PM
I think the Lakers can win a first round series against any of the top 3 teams in the WC.

FromWayDowntown
04-09-2007, 04:35 PM
I don't like that the last game of the season is Denver in SA; then starting a playoff series the same way. Not easy to beat ANY NBA team 3 times in a row in the same building (nice that we have 7 game series now).

I'm guessing that the final game of the regular season is likely to mean a whole lot more to Denver than it is to the Spurs. I'd expect that Pop would play that game much like he did the final game of the 2002-2003 regular season, when he sat Duncan and Stephen Jackson and gave big minutes to Steve Smith, Danny Ferry, Steve Kerr, and Speedy Claxton, and gave good minutes to both Kevin Willis and Bateer.

nkdlunch
04-09-2007, 04:45 PM
I think the Lakers can win a first round series against any of the top 3 teams in the WC.

wow, you obviously have not seen the lakers play recently.

Trifecta
04-09-2007, 04:57 PM
I'd call for the Nuggets!

They cannot play in the half court offense, other than Iverson trying to create a shot for himself!

On the other hand, I think the Lakers match up well with the Spurs and Kobe will be out to prove something in the playoffs!

Turiaf and Walton are hustle players that can present rebounding issues for the Spurs!

Jimcs50
04-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Bring on the Lakers.

No. 1 the Spurs would get the favorable tv schedule because of the ratings

No. 2 the Spurs will beat them in 5 and need 6 to eliminate Denver, I think.

mikejones99
04-09-2007, 05:49 PM
It could still be the Clippers or the Warriors too.

exstatic
04-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Nuggs. I'm sick of 9:30 tips on the West Coast games. With SA/DEN, we'd be the early Western game.