PDA

View Full Version : Clippers @ Mavs GAME THREAD THE CLINCHER!!

Dirk Nowitzki
04-09-2007, 03:23 PM
MAV FANS!!....ARE YOU READY? I SAID ARE YOU READDYYYY!?! Tonight the Clippers enter into the house of the Mavericks called the AAC. Tonight is the night we clinch home court advantage throughout the playoffs and begin a long week and a half of watching Kevin Willis and Barerra(spelling?) doing pick and rolls ala Nash/Amare style!! Clippers are in for a serious beat down!! LET ME HERE YOU MAV FANS...... LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS!! :clap :clap :clap

SpursDynasty
04-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Mavs just lost to the Nuggets. Every game isn't a guaranteed win anymore, especially vs. the West.

Suprising statistic: Mavs vs. the West - 36-10, only one better than SA's 35-11 vs. the West.

By beating the Clippers tonight, Dallas will help GS get the 8 seed, possibly put them only 1/2 game out of the 8th seed. If Dallas wants a bye in the first round, GS is not the team for them to play. 1-5 vs GS in 2005-2006 and 2006-2007.

I'd wait before making any guarantees, the Mavs are slipping, even though very late in the season.

mardigan
04-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Mavs just lost to the Nuggets. Every game isn't a guaranteed win anymore, especially vs. the West.

Suprising statistic: Mavs vs. the West - 36-10, only one better than SA's 35-11 vs. the West.

By beating the Clippers tonight, Dallas will help GS get the 8 seed, possibly put them only 1/2 game out of the 8th seed. If Dallas wants a bye in the first round, GS is not the team for them to play. 1-5 vs GS in 2005-2006 and 2006-2007.

I'd wait before making any guarantees, the Mavs are slipping, even though very late in the season.
The Mavs just beat the T-Blazers too, whats your point. And guarantees? Like the Spurs will win 18 straight? Or how about those Warriors with that 8th spot officially?

ponky
04-09-2007, 03:46 PM
lol, spursdynasty thinks we give a shit about beating the clippers and OH MY!!!! HELPING THE WARRIORS. bitch, stfu already, your stuff is weak. the only one obsessed and constantly babbling on about the clippers/warriors race is you...worried much?

Chris Childs
04-09-2007, 03:46 PM
MAV FANS!!....ARE YOU READY? I SAID ARE YOU READDYYYY!?! Tonight the Clippers enter into the house of the Mavericks called the AAC. Tonight is the night we clinch home court advantage throughout the playoffs and begin a long week and a half of watching Kevin Willis and Barerra(spelling?) doing pick and rolls ala Nash/Amare style!! Clippers are in for a serious beat down!! LET ME HERE YOU MAV FANS...... LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS!! :clap :clap :clap

HOMO HOMER.

SpursDynasty
04-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Did I say anything that wasn't true?

Or do I just speak the truth instead of sugar-coated media-induced fluff that you all love to hear? If you don't think my 1-5 vs GS from '05-'07 or only 1 game better than SA vs the West is true, take that up with NBA stats guys, not me. :lol

I think the ones more worried about the Clippers/Warriors' race for 8th is Dallas and their fans. I'd like to see Dallas get solid competition in the 1st round this year.

ponky
04-09-2007, 03:53 PM

Or do I just speak the truth instead of sugar-coated media-induced fluff that you all love to hear?

yeah, you sugar-coated it, especially when you already stated that the mavericks have only two guys who carry the team, right? so you failed to mention that we won our last game without jho on the floor...and you also failed to mention that we won the game without dirk on the floor...these two games, incase your memory fails you again, sandwiched the one loss that we had without jho on the floor...you're the one who said the mavs only had two valuable guys on the team, so i guess you of all people should be impressed when we win with *one leg*

SpursDynasty
04-09-2007, 03:54 PM
yeah, you sugar-coated it, especially when you already stated that the mavericks have only two guys who carry the team, right? so you failed to mention that we won our last game without jho on the floor...and you also failed to mention that we won the game without dirk on the floor...these two games, incase your memory fails you again, sandwiched the one loss that we had without jho on the floor...you're the one who said the mavs only had two valuable guys on the team, so i guess you of all people should be impressed when we win with *one leg*

Oh ok let me fix my post. "The Mavericks are young and athletic, the best team in the NBA, and the NBA Champions in 2007".

Satisfied?

ponky
04-09-2007, 03:55 PM

Or do I just speak the truth instead of sugar-coated media-induced fluff that you all love to hear? If you don't think my 1-5 vs GS from '05-'07 or only 1 game better than SA vs the West is true, take that up with NBA stats guys, not me. :lol

I think the ones more worried about the Clippers/Warriors' race for 8th is Dallas and their fans. I'd like to see Dallas get solid competition in the 1st round this year.

This makes about as much sense as saying that the Spurs are scared of the Bucks and Cavs because they got their asses handed to them four times this year by these two teams. We lost two of those Warriors games with main guys out, lost the first game during our 0-4 start but if it the prospect of the Spurs not having to meet the mavs in the WCF makes you sleep better at night, continue dreaming about a Warriors trouncing of the Mavs in the first round.

mabber

"Every game isn't a guaranteed win anymore"

When was every game a guaranteed win? I don't recall that time.

Suprising statistic: Mavs vs. the West - 36-10, only one better than SA's 35-11 vs. the West

Why is that stat surprising? Everyone knows the Mavs have the better record because they beat the crap out of the weaker eastern conference.

Also, Clippers/Warriors...in a playoff series it won't matter which team the Mavs play.

ponky
Oh ok let me fix my post. "The Mavericks are young and athletic, the best team in the NBA, and the NBA Champions in 2007".

Satisfied?

i would never say this, i'm not a homer like you...i'm very proud of my team and i will root for them all the time but i'm not going to be a blind fool such as yourself and say stupid things like "we might as well give the rings to the spurs now" when there are several great teams that stand a chance of winning this year

Fillmoe
04-09-2007, 03:56 PM
mavs need to win today

mabber
04-09-2007, 04:00 PM

Satisfied?

You just don't get it do ya? It's not the point you're trying to make...it's some of your logic/reasoning that's incredibly ridiculous. Example from above...it's not that you don't think the Mavs are the best team, etc., it's the really lame reasons you give (all teams just play poorly vs. the Mavs :lol )

Do you really think Mav fans care or don't understand that you think the Spurs are better? :lol Just back it up with some intelligent facts, reasoning like some of the other Spurs posters on here.

mardigan
04-09-2007, 04:00 PM

Satisfied?
You just dont get it do you? If the Spurs win it all, you will say I told you I told you. If the Mavs win, you will find some other excuse for why the Spurs are better and the Mavs arent. No matter what, its impossible to try and make sense out of anything you say.

mardigan
04-09-2007, 04:01 PM
You just don't get it do ya? It's not the point you're trying to make...it's some of your logic/reasoning that's incredibly ridiculous. Example from above...it's not that you don't think the Mavs are the best team, etc., it's the really lame reasons you give (all teams just play poorly vs. the Mavs :lol )

Do you really think Mav fans care or don't understand that you think the Spurs are better? :lol Just back it up with some intelligent facts, reasoning like some of the other Spurs posters on here.
Wow, thats funny, we made almost the same post

mavs>spurs2
04-09-2007, 04:03 PM
We need to blowout the Clippers and make sure we clench 1st seed tonight, BRING ON THE WARRIORS.

ponky
04-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Wow, thats funny, we made almost the same post

:lol i did a double-take there for a sec! anyway, spursdynasty is just being a prick and saying stuff to be inflammatory on purpose, time to put him on the ignore list for me

SpursDynasty
04-09-2007, 04:06 PM
All teams play poorly vs. the Mavs. It's a fact. They don't go out and own teams the way the Shaq/Kobe/Phil Lakers did. They're not in that league. Most teams that the Mavs beat, those teams beat themselves. How many wide open missed looks have you seen vs the Mavs? I've seen a lot. That is my reasoning behind not thinking the Mavs are the best team in the NBA. It's a psychological advantage they have, not a talent advantage over the league. Outside of Dirk, there are no brilliant players in Dallas. It's a damn fact. How many were *voted* by the league for the All-Star game? One. I didn't make that up, it happened on its own.

So quit your bitchin.

ponky
04-09-2007, 04:10 PM
All teams play poorly vs. the Mavs. It's a fact. They don't go out and own teams the way the Shaq/Kobe/Phil Lakers did. They're not in that league. Most teams that the Mavs beat, those teams beat themselves. How many wide open missed looks have you seen vs the Mavs? I've seen a lot. That is my reasoning behind not thinking the Mavs are the best team in the NBA. It's a psychological advantage they have, not a talent advantage over the league. Outside of Dirk, there are no brilliant players in Dallas. It's a damn fact. How many were *voted* by the league for the All-Star game? One. I didn't make that up, it happened on its own.

So quit your bitchin.

Dirk Nowitzki has superpowers that enable him to shoot that three pointer using just his mind, he really has his arms folded while doing so...Harris doesn't drive to the lane using his legs, he uses his mind to make you think he does, smoke and mirrors...clear the fog and you will see that Damp's blocks are all just in your mind, he's not really standing there swatting those balls away! Ok, I'm done, ignore list for you!

How many Spurs were voted by the league to the All-Star game this year? That's what I thought dumbass!

mabber
04-09-2007, 04:11 PM

So quit your bitchin.

You just proved my point...thanks.

SpursDynasty
04-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Dirk Nowitzki has superpowers that enable him to shoot that three pointer using just his mind, he really has his arms folded while doing so...Harris doesn't drive to the lane using his legs, he uses his mind to make you think he does, smoke and mirrors...clear the fog and you will see that Damp's blocks are all just in your mind, he's not really standing there swatting those balls away! Ok, I'm done, ignore list for you!

How many Spurs were voted by the league to the All-Star game this year? That's what I thought dumbass!

Tim Duncan and Tony Parker makes two. Did you forget that two is more than one?

mabber
04-09-2007, 04:14 PM

It just keeps getting better :lol

mardigan
04-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Didnt Howard make the AS team? And you really dont think that teams arent trying to beat the Mavs? They are the hunted this year, hunter no more. Every team that plays the Mavs wants to beat them badly, they just cant. The Mavs are a great, great team this year, Im sorry you cant deal with it

ponky
04-09-2007, 04:18 PM
i just can't bring myself to puts spursdynasty on my ignore list, he makes me laugh like no other poster

mabber
04-09-2007, 04:21 PM
i just can't bring myself to puts spursdynasty on my ignore list, he makes me laugh like no other poster

I'm right there with you. He will not go on my ignore list as he's funny. Plus, even though he says ridiculous things...at least he isn't a prick (like some posters can be).

SpursDynasty
04-09-2007, 04:22 PM
Didnt Howard make the AS team? And you really dont think that teams arent trying to beat the Mavs? They are the hunted this year, hunter no more. Every team that plays the Mavs wants to beat them badly, they just cant. The Mavs are a great, great team this year, Im sorry you cant deal with it

Howard was selected as a replacement for an injured player. I said VOTED to the team. Seriously, WTF am I saying that is false in ANY of my posts.

Screw it, I am done with this smack talk and my points have been made. I won't be replying to any more BS posts.

mardigan
04-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Howard was selected as a replacement for an injured player. I said VOTED to the team. Seriously, WTF am I saying that is false in ANY of my posts.

Screw it, I am done with this smack talk and my points have been made. I won't be replying to any more BS posts.
Nice points you made. The Spurs are better than the Mavs because we had a guy voted to the AS game and the Mavs had one injury replacement for the AS game. Bang up job on you points

Islymore
04-09-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm right there with you. He will not go on my ignore list as he's funny. Plus, even though he says ridiculous things...at least he isn't a prick (like some posters can be).

I agree with you both... i can't ignore the guy either.
He's funny... and does say some ridiculous things, but he's not the worst.
It's entertaining to me, makes me laugh...

SpursDynasty
04-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Nice points you made. The Spurs are better than the Mavs because we had a guy voted to the AS game and the Mavs had one injury replacement for the AS game. Bang up job on you points

The team selected originally, not the team after certain players were injured and picked by David Stern.

That makes Tim Duncan and Tony Parker. I can understand why technicalities are now being used as defenses, sometimes they're the last resort to true statements that people don't like.

mardigan
04-09-2007, 04:31 PM
The team selected originally, not the team after certain players were injured and picked by David Stern.

That makes Tim Duncan and Tony Parker. I can understand why technicalities are now being used as defenses, sometimes they're the last resort to true statements that people don't like.
So fucking what? We had an extra AS voted in so that makes us better than the Mavs? Is that what you are trying to say?

Findog
04-09-2007, 04:32 PM
This makes about as much sense as saying that the Spurs are scared of the Bucks and Cavs because they got their asses handed to them four times this year by these two teams. We lost two of those Warriors games with main guys out, lost the first game during our 0-4 start but if it the prospect of the Spurs not having to meet the mavs in the WCF makes you sleep better at night, continue dreaming about a Warriors trouncing of the Mavs in the first round.

Bobcats beat the Miami Sterns yesterday...but would you take them over the Sterns in a 7-game series? The Celtics and the Bobcats also beat the Spurs in the River City, but who would take them over San Antonio in the playoffs?

Golden State is better than their record because of injuries and a major mid-season trade, and they'd give us fits for sure because we can't outquick them and Nellie knows our personnel so well. But if you're a title team, you don't care who you play. If you execute the way you're supposed to, it doesn't matter who the opponent is or what they do.

Dirk Nowitzki
04-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Bobcats beat the Miami Sterns yesterday...but would you take them over the Sterns in a 7-game series? The Celtics and the Bobcats also beat the Spurs in the River City, but who would take them over San Antonio in the playoffs?

Golden State is better than their record because of injuries and a major mid-season trade, and they'd give us fits for sure because we can't outquick them and Nellie knows our personnel so well. But if you're a title team, you don't care who you play. If you execute the way you're supposed to, it doesn't matter who the opponent is or what they do.

:clap :clap :clap Amen brother!!

Dirk Nowitzki
04-09-2007, 05:34 PM

So quit your bitchin.

:drunk :drunk :drunk So that is why the Mavs are good. Teams just play poorly against us. Damn! I thought we were actually a good team. :depressed I thought our defensive intensity and our deadly offense was why teams would struggle against us. I thought being well coached also helped but nope.

mabber
04-09-2007, 05:42 PM
:drunk :drunk :drunk So that is why the Mavs are good. Teams just play poorly against us. Damn! I thought we were actually a good team. :depressed I thought our defensive intensity and our deadly offense was why teams would struggle against us. I thought being well coached also helped but nope.

Nope, we've just been really lucky 63 out of the 76 games we've played thus far this year. I guess we were lucky to make the finals last year as well. The Heat were the only team that actually played well against us during the playoffs last year:lol

G-Money
04-09-2007, 06:28 PM
Seems like anyone can beat the mavs these days, Clippers by 15.

clambake
04-09-2007, 07:10 PM
Winning is the only thing that can remove the "choker" tag.

Be afraid. If we don't win it all, the tag will live on.

dallaskd
04-09-2007, 07:34 PM
The clippers really need this one. we better come to play. i hope we can close out and sit our starters and play pops and barea a little more.

dallaskd
04-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Told ya clippers would play tough. Its gonna happen, but id like to clinch as soon as possible.

pussyface
04-09-2007, 09:14 PM
anyone got an update on how this one's going?
im out of market

ThomasGranger
04-09-2007, 09:40 PM
Mavs up 14 with about 5 to play. This is pretty much a done deal. Nice to see Dirk and Josh get some much needed playing time.

Dirk Nowitzki
04-09-2007, 10:11 PM
MAVS WIN! MAVS WIN!!! MAVS WIN!!! I FUCKING LOVE THESE GUYS. JOSH HOWARD IS MY FUCKING BOY AS IS DIRK!! GOD I FUCKING LOVE THIS TEAM AND NOW WE CLINCHED IT BABY!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS!!! THE ROAD TO THE FRANCHISES FIRST CHAMPIONSHIP IS GOING TO BE FUCKING AMAZING!! GOD IM EXCITED!!!! :clap :clap :clap :clap

mabber
04-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Mavs were really lucky again as the Clippers (just like in the other 63 games the Mavs won) played poorly and missed lots of wide open shots. I think SpursDynasty might be on to something.

Fillmoe
04-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Cmon Gsw Lets Go!!!!!!!!!!

Extra Stout
04-09-2007, 10:17 PM
There should be a special thread where only SpursDynasty/jeffdrums22 and Dirk Nowitzki can post. That would be awesome. By the end of that thread, we all would finally understand the rationale for invading Iraq.

schadenfreude52
04-09-2007, 10:19 PM
There should be a special thread where only SpursDynasty/jeffdrums22 and Dirk Nowitzki can post. That would be awesome. By the end of that thread, we all would finally understand the rationale for invading Iraq.

:tu

Findog
04-09-2007, 10:38 PM

:lol

Thanks for the laugh.

LEONARD
04-10-2007, 09:20 AM

So quit your bitchin.

Thanks for proving once again that you're a delusional fucking moron... :lol

Findog
04-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Thanks for proving once again that you're a delusional fucking moron... :lol

No, he's just a troll trying to elicit a response. See Childs, Chris.

LEONARD
04-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Seriously, WTF am I saying that is false in ANY of my posts.

OK, I'll play...

You said Dwight Howard is a "fluke player" actually...to be exact: "fluke loss on a fluke dunk by a fluke player"

You said Josh Howard and Jason Terry were "unheard of" players prior to the Spurs series last year: "Just ask the unheard of players before the Spurs series such as Josh Howard and Jason Terry. Who really even knew who those guys were before the Spurs series last year?"

You say that Dirk only shoots jumpshots...

You also said that "Matt Bonner has more basketball moves than Dirk"...

You've said many times that GS is a better team than Dallas. GS has gotten a few bounces and had their way over the past 6 games with the Mavs, but they would NOT with a 7 game series.

You've said that the Mavs can't beat the Spurs in a 7 game series. But why can't they? To flat out say they CAN'T is ridiculous. The series is a coin flip...

You've said over and over that the Mavs aren't that good, it's just that teams don't play well against them... :dizzy

LEONARD
04-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Mavs were really lucky again as the Clippers (just like in the other 63 games the Mavs won) played poorly and missed lots of wide open shots. I think SpursDynasty might be on to something.

:lol

stretch
04-10-2007, 09:54 AM

I'd be more concerned about the Spurs being shitty against the shitty eastern conference, than the Mavs only having one or two more victories against the West than the Spurs do. And take into consideration that 4 of those losses came in the 0-4 start. A lot has changed since then.

Viva Las Espuelas
04-10-2007, 10:27 AM
THE ROAD TO THE FRANCHISES FIRST CHAMPIONSHIP Couldn't you think of a better slogan and not use last year's slogan?

Viva Las Espuelas
04-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Quit picking on the Mavtalk refugees. They have feelings.