PDA

View Full Version : Bonzi no-shows in SEA

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Wells tells team trainer he's disrupting chemistry
Associated Press

SEATTLE -- Bonzi Wells' trying first season with the Houston Rockets took a strange turn on Monday night when the veteran guard didn't join his team for their game against the Seattle SuperSonics.

Wells was not with the team during their walkthrough on Monday morning and wasn't in the arena before the game, coach Jeff Van Gundy said. Wells left a voice message for Rockets' athletic trainer Keith Jones saying he felt he was disrupting the chemistry of the team, and Van Gundy was unable to get in touch with Wells.

"He's not here tonight. I don't know where he's at. I haven't talked to him," Van Gundy said. "I want to make sure he's safe first."

Wells played 5 minutes in Sunday night's 112-106 win over Sacramento, but asked out of the game, Van Gundy said. He played 23 minutes in the Rockets' loss in Portland on Friday, the first time he was activated in 18 games.

Houston is a half-game behind Utah for fourth place in the Western Conference standings.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2831367

SAtown
04-09-2007, 08:54 PM
He's pulling this crap at the end of the season when Houston has the chance to get HCA in the 1st round? wtf Bonzi

Capt Bringdown
04-09-2007, 09:05 PM
It's a shame idiots like this are in the league. Getting paid millions of dollars to play a game, and they blow it.

"Bonzi, step into my office."
"Why?"
"Because you're f**king fired!"

Findog
04-09-2007, 09:20 PM
We don't know the whole story here. Maybe he's got mental problems...why else would he say he's disrupting the chemistry of the team and Van Gundy said his first priority is making sure he's "safe"?

trueD
04-09-2007, 09:24 PM
He's pulling this crap at the end of the season when Houston has the chance to get HCA in the 1st round? wtf Bonzi

It's not like he's a major contributor to Rockets ballclub. If it weren't for Sura he wouldn't even make the PO roster. Can't help it, I feel a little sorry for his ass for what happened with his contract, coming back to Arco yesterday was probably difficult. I saw him jesting with some of the Kings' players at the key while FT's were being shot, don't think he even made the trip with the Rockets to Arco the last time.

Paranoia sucks, maybe he ought to lay off the gonge :lol

trueD
04-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Wells was not with the team during their walkthrough

Is a "walkthrough" the term for preparing defensively for the upcoming team, handing out assignments, etc.?

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-09-2007, 11:28 PM
Is a "walkthrough" the term for preparing defensively for the upcoming team, handing out assignments, etc.?

Final preparations, yes.

trueD
04-09-2007, 11:34 PM
Final preparations, yes.Thank ya. :)

StylisticS
04-09-2007, 11:42 PM
"Bonzi, step into my office."
"Why?"
"Because you're f**king fired!"
:lol :lol

Fillmoe
04-10-2007, 12:01 AM
dude was a model citizen in sac.......... he even got a pretty nice ovation his first time back in sac, when he got on the court on sunday........

ploto
04-10-2007, 06:57 AM
Just to clarify the story some, Keith Jones is more than the trainer. He is VP of basketball operations and has handled player personnel.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Just to clarify the story some, Keith Jones is more than the trainer. He is VP of basketball operations and has handled player personnel.

:lol

That's kind of a big jump the AP missed out on.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-10-2007, 11:17 AM
What a damn fool. I really thought that he'd be smart enough to be a professional this year. Given his performance against the Spurs last year I thought he had it in him to be a real X-factor for the Rockets to make a good playoff run. If nothing else I thought he'd be smart enough to play for a contract.

Flopper
04-10-2007, 12:27 PM
yeah...I'm disappointed...

Roxsfan
04-10-2007, 12:28 PM
What a damn fool. I really thought that he'd be smart enough to be a professional this year. Given his performance against the Spurs last year I thought he had it in him to be a real X-factor for the Rockets to make a good playoff run. If nothing else I thought he'd be smart enough to play for a contract.

Bouncy Whales WILL play for:

http://home.comcast.net/~osoono/ethnicdoughs/doughnut/donuts.jpg

As long as the Roxs stock up this^^, he will be our x factor.

Well, extreme waste of talent if he does not contribute even just a few key mins. in the Playoffs.

ploto
04-10-2007, 12:39 PM
:lol

That's kind of a big jump the AP missed out on.
Keith is from San Antonio. :)

http://www.nba.com/coachfile/keith_jones/index.html?nav=page

kingsfan
04-10-2007, 02:50 PM
dude was a model citizen in sac.......... he even got a pretty nice ovation his first time back in sac, when he got on the court on sunday........You know as well as I do that Sac is the rehab city, well it was with Rick. Artest is a totally different story. They come to Sac. to get cured but it doesn't always last.

mardigan
04-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Ha, nevermind, the Rockets are putting him on the inactive list for the rest of the season

trueD
04-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Bouncy Whales WILL play for:
Well, extreme waste of talent if he does not contribute even just a few key mins. in the Playoffs.

Seriously. However, you gotta know Rockets got him on the cheap, relatively speaking. He may not be worth it now, but according to Geoff Fukking Petrie he was worth 38 mil/5 years. And honestly, I believe he would have risen to the occassion for at least two years after the terriffic season, when he played, that he had with Kings. Whoever thought Bonzi Wells was going to perform for 5.whatever for two years after being offered 38 for five forgot who they were dealing with.

Thank. You. B-ball. Gawd.

:: still bitter ::

boutons_
04-11-2007, 04:56 AM
What a huge mistake Bonzi made turning down the Sac contract last summer.

Will any other GM take chance on this head case?

Flopper
04-11-2007, 12:37 PM

he's a fatass.

mardigan
04-11-2007, 12:39 PM

They said on NBA fastbreak that the Kings pulled the contract before Bonzi could sign

Taco
04-11-2007, 01:02 PM
DONE FOR THE YEAR

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/6666632
Bonzi Wells' season is coming to a premature end.

A day after Wells skipped the team's game in Seattle, the Rockets decided the guard will not play again in 2007, according to a report in the Houston Chronicle.
The report, citing "a person with knowledge of the Rockets' decision-making," said Wells will be fined for the game he missed but nothing further.

Wells' agent, Bill Duffy, confirmed to the paper that Wells left the team and will speak with Rockets general manager Carroll Dawson.

"He felt he was hurting the team," Duffy said, according to the report. "He did not want to be a distraction with his play. It was not his actions. He was frustrated with his play and did not want to hurt the team. His methodology was wrong, but that's what he was trying to do."

Wells played just five minutes in his last game action — in Sacramento on Sunday — before, head coach Jeff Van Gundy said, he asked out of the game.

MajorMike
04-11-2007, 01:55 PM
What a Dumas.

JamStone
04-11-2007, 04:42 PM

Isiah, McHale ... that's probably it.

Isiah, because he doesn't care about character as much as talent, and unless Bonzi is John Goodman out of shape, he still has talent. And, McHale because he's just desperate AND stupid enough to do it.

trueD
04-11-2007, 07:07 PM
They said on NBA fastbreak that the Kings pulled the contract before Bonzi could sign
This is true. The contract was on the table more than three weeks, and Kings needed to use their MLE before all the FA's were swooped up.