PDA

View Full Version : tlong free throw rant thread

ShoogarBear
04-09-2007, 09:24 PM
:hungry:

ShoogarBear
04-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Portland Trail Blazers: 96 points per 48 minutes.

Jackie Butler: 96 points per 48 minutes.

Samr
04-09-2007, 09:35 PM
And the funny thing is that now, only one of them is still fat and lethargic.

tlongII
04-09-2007, 09:43 PM
What are you gonna do? This is just typical of the bullshit NBA refereeing. Young teams don't get any calls when they play a team like the Spurs. It's bullshit, but it's the way it is. I really don't care though, because it's really in our best interest to lose games right now. The team has been playing harder than I want them to even though they're short-handed. We'll be in the playoffs next year and we will get at least one win versus the Spurs during the regular season as well.

picnroll
04-09-2007, 09:52 PM
I really don't care though, because it's really in our best interest to lose games right now.

I really don't care though, because it's really in our best interest to lose games right now.

exstatic
04-09-2007, 10:11 PM
:lmao

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-09-2007, 10:12 PM
:lmao @ picnroll.

Samr
04-09-2007, 10:18 PM
We'll be in the playoffs next year and we will get at least one win versus the Spurs during the regular season as well.

To play the devil's advocate for a second here, it's statements like these that remind me how lucky Spurs fans really are. We have been able to talk about titles for years now, whereas most of the NBA fans are just happy when they can make a realistic prediction for the playoffs. One day, a time like this will come for the Spurs as well. It wasn't too long ago that Boston was winning championships and living the life of a dynasty. Now, they are arguably tanking games just so they can get a player who may or may not get them back into the playoffs.

Happy to be a Spurs fan? Good. Let's just try not to rub it in all the way. One more bounce of a ping pong ball in 1997 and Spurs fans might be in the exact same position.

ShoogarBear
04-09-2007, 10:20 PM
Nah, let's rub it in on tlong.

Samr
04-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Well who am I to stop a good time?

We'll be in the playoffs next year

That alone is laughable.

CubanMustGo
04-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Well who am I to stop a good time?

We'll be in the playoffs next year

That alone is laughable.

No, didn't you hear? The NBA is putting the TrailBlazers into the EC next season ... hell if Toronto can win their division you know Portland could be a threat!

ShoogarBear
04-09-2007, 10:28 PM
Serioulsy, Portland has stockpiled a lot of excellent talent thanks to CIA Kevin Pritchard.

It's good to know that the next generation of Spur stars are developing in good hands.

Samr
04-09-2007, 10:37 PM
No, didn't you hear? The NBA is putting the TrailBlazers into the EC next season ... hell if Toronto can win their division you know Portland could be a threat!

Well the key to the Eastern conference is to not have a bench, and work with only one star at a time, with another one being either injured or emotionally unavailable.

So, who wants Aldridge, Fred Jones, Jarret Jack, Ime Udoka, and Brandon Roy? If Portland goes east, they can keep Randolph and have Darius Miles as that guy who is "really good, I promise, he just has to not be injured."

SAtown
04-09-2007, 10:45 PM

Are they moving them to Portland, Maine also?

exstatic
04-09-2007, 11:12 PM
Seriously, tlong. I saw something tonight I thought I might never see: an NBA team play worse defense than Phoenix. Tony parker just ass-raped your guards tonight. No one could keep him out of the lane. When the defense breaks down that completely, fouls will result, with players in bad positions.

tlongII
04-09-2007, 11:29 PM
A BIG :flipoff TO EVERYONE HERE!

v2freak
04-09-2007, 11:50 PM
I think he may have a point; the Spurs get 20 more FTAs.