PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for choking, L.A. teams

Fabbs
04-09-2007, 10:42 PM
The Clips late giveaway vs Denver Sat night and now tonights Never the Best Player in the NBA Kobe and his Lakers losing at Denver means.......

Virtually no chance of seeing the San Antone Spurs in L.A. vs a 6th seed L.A. team for round 1.

Any chance the Kobester and co. can upset Phx and make it to Round 2?

trueD
04-09-2007, 10:45 PM
Any chance the Kobester and co. can upset Phx and make it to Round 2?
:lol You wish.

JMarkJohns
04-09-2007, 11:00 PM
I don't like the Lakers. They have a player who can go for 40 any night and take over close games, they have a versatile, inside-outside forward that gets Marion in foul trouble, the have a solid rebounding unit and they have a good in-game strategist, series-adjuster in Phil.

Suns are better, but I do not like D'Antoni come playoff time. He's a liability at best.

JamStone
04-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Lakers have a "chance" to upset any of the top 3 teams in the Western Conference in a playoff series. If Kobe gets on a tear and his teammates do their part, they could be very dangerous. Now, it probably won't happen. But, it wouldn't be a complete surprise if it happened.

Fabbs
04-09-2007, 11:16 PM
^^Phil thinks a key will be having Kwame Brown back healthy -along with the rest of the team. He thinks Brown has stopped other teams from having their way in the paint.

Bynum was doing very well tonight, got pulled for most of the 4th. Guess they don't want to overexpose a 19 year old and i can see the wisdom in that.

trueD
04-09-2007, 11:44 PM
^^Phil thinks a key will be having Kwame Brown back healthy -along with the rest of the team. He thinks Brown has stopped other teams from having their way in the paint.

Bynum was doing very well tonight, got pulled for most of the 4th. Guess they don't want to overexpose a 19 year old and i can see the wisdom in that.Bynum had five fouls on him going into the 4th quarter, and Phil went somewhat small for the final push at the end.

Even if Kwame is an inside defensive threat, he isn't much of a scorer outside the paint and he's only 44% from the stripe. Not a huge threat. At least Cook has 3 point skills and Bynum has a little jumper (emphasis on little :lol ) Turiaf is a hustler and works nice under the basket too.

Lakers could be a nice team if everybody could get healthy and learn Kobe's moodswings.