PDA

View Full Version : Families get pwned at the theater

Trainwreck2100
04-10-2007, 11:22 AM
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-movie040707_wr,1,5366151.story?track=rss&ctrack=1&cset=true

HOLTSVILLE, N.Y. -- An audience expecting to watch a family film was stunned to get an glimpse of a horror movie, which left some parents shaken and the theater chain apologizing for the movie mix-up.

The moviegoers were expecting to see "The Last Mimzy," the PG-rated tale of a brother and sister who discover a mysterious box of toys and become endowed with superhuman powers to help preserve humanity's future.

Instead, the crowd saw the opening scene of "The Hills Have Eyes 2," the R-rated sequel to a recent remake of a 1977 horror classic by the genre's renowned director, Wes Craven. The film centers on National Guard troops who stumble on a clan of mutant cannibals and starts with a chained woman giving birth to a mutant.

"There were kids that were crying, there were people trying to cover the kids' eyes, they were caught off guard," said Anthony Rasco, who was in the audience when the scene was unexpectedly shown Thursday in one of the theaters at the Island 16 multiplex.

Another patron said the episode had left his 3-year-old son with lingering, and unsettling, questions.

"My wife is eight months pregnant, and he's been asking, 'Is that what mommy's going to have?"' said Frank Doll, 31, of Mastic.

Theater staffers soon stopped the movie, gave the patrons free ticket vouchers, and started "The Last Mimzy" about a half-hour late, according to parents.

National Amusements Inc., which operates the Island 16 and about 1,500 other movie screens in the United States and elsewhere, expressed "deepest apologies" in a statement Friday.

"We are working with our theater's managers to correct this situation and ensure that it does not happen again," said the statement from the company, based in Dedham, Mass.

Trainwreck2100
04-10-2007, 11:22 AM
"My wife is eight months pregnant, and he's been asking, 'Is that what mommy's going to have?"' said Frank Doll, 31, of Mastic.

:lmao

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-10-2007, 11:31 AM
As the parent of a 3 year old I can see how this would be pretty awful. Chopper Jr and I were watching TV the other day and flipped to the Discovery Health channel accidently and he saw an infant right after it was born put on his mom's tummy before they cleaned him off.

So for the last few nights when I've put him to bed he tells me this story about how he came out of mommy's tummy when he was a baby and he was "all covered with yucky stuff" and we had to clean him off. :lol It's amazing what kids can absorb and how they internalize things they see.

Trainwreck2100
04-10-2007, 11:33 AM
As the parent of a 3 year old I can see how this would be pretty awful. Chopper Jr and I were watching TV the other day and flipped to the Discovery Health channel accidently and he saw an infant right after it was born put on his mom's tummy before they cleaned him off.

So for the last few nights when I've put him to bed he tells me this story about how he came out of mommy's tummy when he was a baby and he was "all covered with yucky stuff" and we had to clean him off. :lol It's amazing what kids can absorb and how they internalize things they see.

Whould you take said three year old to a movie titled "the last mimzy"?

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Whould you take said three year old to a movie titled "the last mimzy"?

:lol I have no plans to, thank you very much. :lol

phyzik
04-10-2007, 12:15 PM
the sadistic side of me is laughing like a madman at this story. That story almost makes up for the people that bring their shitty brats into my movies and ruin it.

mardigan
04-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Thats some funny shiit

Mixability
04-10-2007, 12:24 PM
:rolleyes

It's kinda fucked up, but cmon, just leave the theatre and wait for the problem to be corrected.

desflood
04-10-2007, 12:49 PM
the sadistic side of me is laughing like a madman at this story. That story almost makes up for the people that bring their shitty brats into my movies and ruin it.
As an adult and mom of three brats myself, I have to absolutely agree with you. Nothing worse than people who bring their four-year-old to see a grownup movie and let their bored/tired/scared kid scream bloody murder through the whole thing.

Pugglekicker_21
04-10-2007, 06:23 PM
i smell aprils fools joke.