PDA

View Full Version : pietrus rumor

fred33
04-10-2007, 12:18 PM
San Antonio: Pietrus et Parker ensemble au Texas?
10/04/2007 - 15:29
Mickaël Pietrus va-t-il rejoindre Tony Parker à San Antonio à la fin de la saison? C'est en tout cas une éventualité dans la mesure où son club actuel, les Golden State Warriors, ne semble pas en mesure de réajuster le salaire du Français à la hausse à cause du salary cap. A la recherche d'un ailier puissant, les Spurs se seraient de leur côté déjà positionnés vis-à-vis du joueur, en fin de contrat avec l'équipe californienne. Par ailleurs, en matière d'arrivée française, le jeune pivot de Pau Orthez Ian Mahinmi, 19 ans et déjà drafté par les Spurs, pourrait lui aussi rejoindre Parker à l'été prochain.

mardigan
04-10-2007, 12:18 PM
Dammit, you know I dont speak Spanish! :lol

Darkwaters
04-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Dammit, you know I dont speak Spanish! :lol

Spanish? What does that have to do with anything?

Kori Ellis
04-10-2007, 12:20 PM
fred, Bruno or someone else French, can you translate it please?

mardigan
04-10-2007, 12:20 PM
Spanish? What does that have to do with anything?
Nothing, it was a joke pendejo

Spurminator
04-10-2007, 12:23 PM
I believe they are talking about Mickael Pietrus' guest appearance on Tony's rap album.

fred33
04-10-2007, 12:24 PM
san antonio has taken info on pietrus because they are actively in search on a swingman

Darkwaters
04-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Nothing, it was a joke pendejo

Pendejo? You know I don't speak Czech.

ducks
le jeune pivot de Pau Orthez Ian Mahinmi, 19 ans et déjà drafté par les Spurs

what about the mahinmi part?

Bruno
I'm translating it.

ploto
04-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Pietrus rumors have been floating around for about 2 seasons, if I remember.

boutons_
04-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Warriors could let MP goes because of cap.
Spurs looking for (s)wingman.
IM is also another French possibility for Spurs.

==========

Nothing definitive here, just French speculation about more French on the Spurs.

Big P
04-10-2007, 12:28 PM
I like Pietrus, but he is a resrticted FA & I would think that GS would match an MLE offer. I don't know if GS would be interested in a S&T & I dont know if SA would be willing to give Pietrus more than the MLE, but I could see Pop & Nellie helping each other out when it comes to trades. Maybe GS is a possibility for Scola. Is Barry + Scola to much to give up for Pietrus? Barry & Beno and a pick?

Darkwaters
04-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Warriors could let MP goes because of cap.
Spurs looking for (s)wingman.
IM is also another French possibility for Spurs.

==========

Nothing definitive here, just French speculation about more French on the Spurs.

With Baron Davis always hurt do you think they might have a slight interest in Beno?

mardigan
04-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Pendejo? You know I don't speak Czech.
Exactly!

Bruno
04-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Pietrus and Parker playing together in Texas ?

Will Mickael Pietrus rejon Parker at San Antonio this summer ?
It's a possibility given than his actual team, GS, seems not to be ready to give him a new contract.
Seeking an athletic swingman, Spurs would have still contact Pietrus.
Mahinmi, the 19 years old center drafted by Spurs, could too rejoin parker this summer.

T Park
04-10-2007, 12:33 PM
I like Pietrus but two things IMO stand in his way.

1, the money the Spurs could offer.

2 the guy can't shoot a jump shot to save his life.

I take it back there are three.

Dudes never healthy.

Would I want him on the team? Darn right, good defender, rebounds decently, and if England could work his magic on him like Parker, then you've got your Bowen replacement.

Bruno
04-10-2007, 12:40 PM

3P% : .374 :rolleyes

Fillmoe
04-10-2007, 12:41 PM
My Cal!

AFBlue
04-10-2007, 12:44 PM
I like Pietrus, but he is a resrticted FA & I would think that GS would match an MLE offer. I don't know if GS would be interested in a S&T & I dont know if SA would be willing to give Pietrus more than the MLE, but I could see Pop & Nellie helping each other out when it comes to trades. Maybe GS is a possibility for Scola. Is Barry + Scola to much to give up for Pietrus? Barry & Beno and a pick?

Pre-SJax trade, I would've said you're right about Pietrus garnering MLE-type money, but he has been largely removed from the rotation after Jackson and Harrington came over and is splitting 15 minutes a game with Barnes.

I'm sure the Warriors like his ability, but with SJax on a multi-year deal and Jason Richardson locked up long term, I don't know if he has a future in Golden State. S&T is probably their best option, so they don't give him up for nothing....but if he gets a multi-year offer for somewhere around the MLE, it will be tough for the Warriors to match.

T Park
04-10-2007, 12:45 PM
3P% : .374

when did 37 percent shooting become good?

T Park
04-10-2007, 12:46 PM
too bad you could't swing Beno for him.

AFBlue
04-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Pietrus is a fluid athlete and a good defender, but he's picked up some bad habits in Golden State. They pay no attention to defensive principles and the guys he's emulating, Richardson and Davis, are shot-happy guards that don't slash to the basket enough. For Pietrus' development, it's probably best if he gets out of town....though I'm not sure how he ends up here.

It should also be noted that he plays the same positions as James White, who is the much cheaper option.

Bruno
04-10-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm not a big fan of Pietrus. He hasn't a lot of BB skills and is quite dumb. He is too often injured.
However, he could be a good fit in SA as a role player where he wouldn't have to create something for his teammates. He is a good defender and isn't a bad finisher on the offensive end.

Mr. Body
I'd take him for $3.5m/per, which is his qualifying offer for next year (hoopshype), but he's plateaued as a player somewhat and I'm not sure he's a full-time starter. He's also shorter than what the Spurs need at the SF and is already 25.

I was much more into him last summer but now think there are better prospects to go after, especially in this draft. And he is definitely not worth giving up Scola.

Kori Ellis

Well your assessment of "can't hit a jumpshot to save his life" is far from accurate. For his career, Manu shoots .375 from 3. Do you think Manu can't shoot?

Not among the best in the league, but not horrible.

Mr. Body
It should also be noted that he plays the same positions as James White, who is the much cheaper option.

Exactly. They both are bench SGs.

Bruno
04-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Exactly. They both are bench SGs.

Pietrus is more a SF than a SG.

ChumpDumper
04-10-2007, 12:58 PM
So Sam Smith is bilingual.

Spurminator
04-10-2007, 01:00 PM

NBA Rank - Player - 3pt%

39. Michael Redd - .382
42. Joe Johnson - .381
43. Andres Nocioni - .380
46. Mehmet Okur - .376
50. Mickael Pietrus - .374

And if you assume it would improve as a result of the Duncan Effect, I think his shooting is of very little concern.

mardigan
04-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Except that he is a career 65% ft shooter. Besides that he looks pretty nice, almost a block a game, 5 boards and shoots 48% from the field

Samr
04-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Pietrus is a defensive player and Nelson coaches with a 6'9" guy as the starting center? Unless he is trying to go for irony, I doubt they'll give Pietrus any serious consideration in the off-season. Issue is, a lot of other teams, most of whom can offer much more than the Spurs, will give him serious consideration.

Mr. Body
04-10-2007, 01:05 PM
All else equal, I'd go for Outlaw before Pietrus. Both in similar salary situations but Pietrus likely more unwanted. Outlaw is closer to the size we need.

T Park
04-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Pietrus would fit better due to he can play defense well, and would fit in quick.

I say can't hit a jumper only because last night hes the first player I've ever seen air ball a wide open three by 3 feet.

AFBlue
04-10-2007, 01:27 PM
All else equal, I'd go for Outlaw before Pietrus. Both in similar salary situations but Pietrus likely more unwanted. Outlaw is closer to the size we need.

Agreed here based on team need, not necessarily on talent. Outlaw is a monster blocker, but Pietrus is an all-around better defender. Outlaw also has to work on his shot. Still....the Spurs need a 3/4 type and Outlaw fits that bill much better.

AFBlue
04-10-2007, 01:30 PM
Pietrus is more a SF than a SG.

Pietrus is whatever the team that picks him up says he is. Bruce Bowen plays the 3, but if the Spurs had Josh Smith instead of Manu, Bowen would play the 2.

Point is, Pietrus is quick/big enough to play the 2 or the 3...

yavozerb
04-10-2007, 01:35 PM
I'm not a big fan of Pietrus. He hasn't a lot of BB skills and is quite dumb. He is too often injured.
However, he could be a good fit in SA as a role player where he wouldn't have to create something for his teammates. He is a good defender and isn't a bad finisher on the offensive end.

I would love for this guy to take Barry's spot in the rotation. Very athletic and great defender. The guy is 6'6 and not to short as I keep reading. He would also probably be cheaper than barry as well. As far as being dumb, well I guess we can group him with vince young (stupid stmt Bruno).

Bruno
04-10-2007, 01:50 PM
As far as being dumb, well I guess we can group him with vince young (stupid stmt Bruno).

When I say dumb, it's dumb on the court : Pietrus has a low BBIQ. I agree with you, it's quite stupid to blame a player for having a bad result at an IQ test

AFBlue
04-10-2007, 02:08 PM
I would love for this guy to take Barry's spot in the rotation. Very athletic and great defender. The guy is 6'6 and not to short as I keep reading. He would also probably be cheaper than barry as well. As far as being dumb, well I guess we can group him with vince young (stupid stmt Bruno).

He's an intriguing prospect for sure, but I just don't see it happening logistically. He'll probably want more money than the Spurs (or most other organizations for that matter) will be willing to give him. My guess is that he takes the one-year qualifying offer with Golden State and looks to cash in on FA in Summer of 08.

judaspriestess
04-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Here is the translation according to a French to English translator on the internets:

Mickaël Pietrus will it rejoin Tony Parker to San Antonio at the end of the season? This is in any case an eventuality in the measure where his current club, the Golden State Warriors, does not seem some measures to readjust the salary of the French to the increase because of the salary cape. To the research of a powerful winger, the Spurs are themselves of their already positioned sides with respect to the player, in contract end with the Californian team. Besides, in the matter of French arrival, the young pivot of Pau Orthez Ian Mahinmi, 19 years and already drafté by the Spurs, also could rejoin him Parker to the next summer.

Mr. Body
04-10-2007, 02:18 PM
If the Spurs make it through another off-season without acquiring a good young SF prospect, I'll laugh until I puke.

Extra Stout
04-10-2007, 03:20 PM
San Antonio: Pietrus et Parker ensemble au Texas?
10/04/2007 - 15:29
Mickaël Pietrus va-t-il rejoindre Tony Parker à San Antonio à la fin de la saison? C'est en tout cas une éventualité dans la mesure où son club actuel, les Golden State Warriors, ne semble pas en mesure de réajuster le salaire du Français à la hausse à cause du salary cap. A la recherche d'un ailier puissant, les Spurs se seraient de leur côté déjà positionnés vis-à-vis du joueur, en fin de contrat avec l'équipe californienne. Par ailleurs, en matière d'arrivée française, le jeune pivot de Pau Orthez Ian Mahinmi, 19 ans et déjà drafté par les Spurs, pourrait lui aussi rejoindre Parker à l'été prochain.
Translation:

Shall Mickael Pietrus rejoin Tony Parker in San Antonio at the end of the season? It is almost an inevitability, inasmuch as his current club, the Golden State Warriors, afflicted with the insular ignorance not uncommon in that land, do not understand the inherent worth of a Frenchman, instead refusing to readjust his salary to a more suitable level in order to stay below the "salary cap."

Apparently, the Spurs alone among the barbarians have done their research. Accordingly, they have manuevered themselves into a position vis-a-vis the player, to acquire him upon the completion of his California contract. In addition, exemplifying their acute and wise appreciation of that which is French, they appear poised to add the young center of Pau Orthez, Ian Mahmini, whom they drafted at the age of 19, to rejoin Tony Parker and present an insurmountable lineup.

itzsoweezee
04-10-2007, 04:58 PM
please let this happen. he'd be perfect.

Bruno
04-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Full article :
http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/09042007/29/nba-pietrus-avec-parker.html

I have now idea how legit is this report, I even don't know if it's written by french journalist of if it's a translation of an article written by an american journalist.

Anyway, this article sum up other articles (Warriors luxury tax troubles, Nelson feeling about Pietrus...) . The only thing that is new is that Spurs could been interested in Pietrus.

The part about Mahinmi is that he could sign with Spurs this summer. Nothing new and a lot of conditional. Don't forget too that Ludden has said one month ago "The Spurs likely will bring over Ian Mahinmi".

Next Superstar
04-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Pietrus has a ton of athletic ability but his basketball IQ is very bad. He will have flashes of brilliance and is a pretty good defender but i doubt with the warriors cap situation they will resign him. He would probbably be a good fit with the spurs cuz he would get a lot of open looks from his favorite spot on the floor the corner 3.

Samr
04-10-2007, 07:01 PM
So many potential Bowen replacements..... and unfortunately the Spurs will acquire none of them.

Hey come on! You know it's going to happen.

Kori Ellis
04-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Well Pietrus isn't that coveted "long" small forward that the Spurs should be looking for, more so just another 6'5/6'6 SG. But he's a good defender. I agree with the thoughts that Outlaw might be a better choice and the Spurs tried to trade for him this year (reportedly).

aaronstampler
04-10-2007, 07:08 PM
I liked him a lot more before this year. His +/- is by far the worst on the Warriors. He's having a shitty year.

exstatic
04-10-2007, 07:18 PM
I like Pietrus but two things IMO stand in his way.

1, the money the Spurs could offer.

I take it back there are three.

Dudes never healthy.

Would I want him on the team? Darn right, good defender, rebounds decently, and if England could work his magic on him like Parker, then you've got your Bowen replacement.
Pietrus is shooting 37.4% from downtown this year, and his career mark is almost 35. That's playing without a post threat. As for the money, GS will have to tender him a year 5 Q.O. to retain restriction. It is sounding like they might not, so then money isn't necessarily an issue.

Mike Pietrus is the closest thing out there to a Bowen replacement. If he's available, you get him.

exstatic
04-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Translation:

Shall Mickael Pietrus rejoin Tony Parker in San Antonio at the end of the season? It is almost an inevitability, inasmuch as his current club, the Golden State Warriors, afflicted with the insular ignorance not uncommon in that land, do not understand the inherent worth of a Frenchman, instead refusing to readjust his salary to a more suitable level in order to stay below the "salary cap."

Apparently, the Spurs alone among the barbarians have done their research. Accordingly, they have manuevered themselves into a position vis-a-vis the player, to acquire him upon the completion of his California contract. In addition, exemplifying their acute and wise appreciation of that which is French, they appear poised to add the young center of Pau Orthez, Ian Mahmini, whom they drafted at the age of 19, to rejoin Tony Parker and present an insurmountable lineup.
Somebody needs to tell these fuckers that Napolean has been dead for almost 200 years.

yavozerb
04-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Well Pietrus isn't that coveted "long" small forward that the Spurs should be looking for, more so just another 6'5/6'6 SG. But he's a good defender. I agree with the thoughts that Outlaw might be a better choice and the Spurs tried to trade for him this year (reportedly).
I think Pietrus is as solid a defender as outlaw minus the blocks, better scorer and shooter, and unfortunatly for him he is -2 inches from what some people think we need.

Kori Ellis
04-10-2007, 07:41 PM
I think Pietrus is as solid a defender as outlaw minus the blocks, better scorer and shooter, and unfortunatly for him he is -2 inches from what some people think we need.

I am interested in the Spurs getting a guy who can swing from the 3 to the 4, not the 2 to the 3. That's why I prefer Outlaw or someone of that nature.

exstatic
04-10-2007, 08:30 PM
I am interested in the Spurs getting a guy who can swing from the 3 to the 4, not the 2 to the 3. That's why I prefer Outlaw or someone of that nature.
Well, in the next 2 years or so, we'll have to replace Bowen, Fin, and Barry. So far, we have White, who has hit exactly two jumpers...THIS YEAR. I think we'll need at least two young wings, if not three of them.

AFBlue
04-10-2007, 09:09 PM

Agree wholeheartedly with this post. The Spurs do have Barry, Finley, Bowen, and White to play the 2/3 spots until at least 2008....but the long 3/small ball 4 is something the Spurs are seriously lacking.

I suggested Outlaw a few months back and I guess Nocioni wouldn't be a bad option either....though he's not exactly athletic and the Spurs would have to S&T for him.

Mr. Body
04-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Travis Outlaw or Jeff Green. I will accept nothing less. You hearing me Pop, R.C., Sam?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Well, in the next 2 years or so, we'll have to replace Bowen, Fin, and Barry. So far, we have White, who has hit exactly two jumpers...THIS YEAR. I think we'll need at least two young wings, if not three of them.

EXACTLY. Pietrus is more athletic than anyone currently on the wing for us. Yeah, he's a 37% 3Pt shooter. Hello, Duncan effect...

It'd be nice to actually have a wing player besides Manu that doesn't wear adult diapers to start next season. And Pietrus >> White.

We need to bring in some youth on the wing. Sign Pietrus, AND get a long SF.

Do both of those and get rid of Beno (even if we have to bring Steve Smith out of retirement and trade for him, it would be an upgrade), and it's the perfect off-season.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Travis Outlaw or Jeff Green. I will accept nothing less. You hearing me Pop, R.C., Sam?

So, it's their fault if Portland won't part with Travis? Okay :rolleyes

Jeff Green? :lol Dude's a lotto pick. So who do you want to get rid of to get him? Manu, Tony, or Tim? :lmao

We've come a long way from Roberto Javtokas.

ducks
04-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Spurs Need Brewer

mathbzh
04-11-2007, 02:32 AM
Pietrus is a good defender and when he is focused he can become a lockdown defender. I believe playing with one of the worst defense in the league hurt his defensive mind. But with the spurs I am sure he would become a "French Bulldog" on defense. On the ofensive end I am not a big pietrus fan. His BB IQ is not very good. But if you give him some corner 3s he could be valuable. And finally he could challenge White in a dunk contest... Actually White would win but it could be fun.
IMO the big issue his that he can't stay healthy for long periods.

AFBlue
04-11-2007, 06:17 AM
EXACTLY. Pietrus is more athletic than anyone currently on the wing for us. Yeah, he's a 37% 3Pt shooter. Hello, Duncan effect...

It'd be nice to actually have a wing player besides Manu that doesn't wear adult diapers to start next season. And Pietrus >> White.

We need to bring in some youth on the wing. Sign Pietrus, AND get a long SF.

Do both of those and get rid of Beno (even if we have to bring Steve Smith out of retirement and trade for him, it would be an upgrade), and it's the perfect off-season.

Why sign a young developmental player that plays exactly the same position as one of the Spurs' two other young developmental players? The Spurs have limited roster space, limited $$ (MLE), and bigger holes than the swing position.

White may not be as good, but would come at 1/5 the price and be a short-term deal.

The Spurs also still have Barry and Finley at that position, so having two developmental G/F not playing probably wouldn't be smart. And you're solution to dump Beno has one main effect....it leaves JV (or other old vet) as the only insurance behind Tony, and that's not smart either. The Spurs will have 3 PGs on next year's roster...book it.

And lastly the point about bigger needs. The Spurs don't have an answer for the "other" big next to Tim Duncan, will need to replace Horry (if Bonner isn't that guy), will need to find a long-term solution to PG, and of course will need to find that long 3/small ball 4....the Spurs should look to these more immediate needs before addressing a problem that shouldn't hit until '08...when they have cap space to do so.

exstatic
04-11-2007, 07:29 AM
Phat - Fin and Barry will be here for exactly one more season, each, and Bowen is only signed for one more season. I think "swing" is our position of need, in a MAJOR way, especially if Pop brings them along slowly like he is wont to do with newbies. Think of Outlaw as an Horry or Eric Williams replacement (since Ely will be leaving), if you must, that combo forward type. He's 6'9".

Mr. Body
04-11-2007, 08:42 AM
So, it's their fault if Portland won't part with Travis? Okay :rolleyes

Jeff Green? :lol Dude's a lotto pick. So who do you want to get rid of to get him? Manu, Tony, or Tim? :lmao

We've come a long way from Roberto Javtokas.

Ah, sarcasm, my woefully inept friend. Wow, you really are an imbecile. I can't say I missed you.

AFBlue
04-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Phat - Fin and Barry will be here for exactly one more season, each, and Bowen is only signed for one more season. I think "swing" is our position of need, in a MAJOR way, especially if Pop brings them along slowly like he is wont to do with newbies. Think of Outlaw as an Horry or Eric Williams replacement (since Ely will be leaving), if you must, that combo forward type. He's 6'9".

Ex, I'm all about signing Outlaw because I think he fits the long 3/small ball 4 need. I'm also aware that the Spurs will have a need for G/F types in '08 and if the cap situation allowed for it, I would love to sign Pietrus....I just don't see it logistically happening because of lack of $$ and roster spots.

Still, I see that it could happen if the Spurs answer the Long 3/Small 4 question in the draft....then again, they could also answer the future swingman question in the draft (Fernandez, Belinelli, Stuckey, Rush, Almond, Byars).

I think it's possible that the Spurs get one or the other, just not plausible that they get them both....that was AHFs argument. And given a choice between the two, I would take the player that is a more immediate need.

xapatan2
04-11-2007, 11:02 AM
Somebody needs to tell these fuckers that Napolean has been dead for almost 200 years.

yeah and somebody should tell you that before to post, based on a famous translation by Extra-Stout ( clap clap, well done, at least someone has taken for granted your "asshole" translation ( if you excuse me to post so !),

you should be able, with you posting experience to verify the "SOURCE", and to realise, that some other poster have been before, correctly translating the thing !

come on, ARE YOU REALLY SERIOUS when you think french website would have written that ?

Xap, ( fucker )

MajorMike
04-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Pietrus and Parker playing together in Texas ?

Will Mickael Pietrus rejon Parker at San Antonio this summer ?
It's a possibility given than his actual team, GS, seems not to be ready to give him a new contract.
Seeking an athletic swingman, Spurs would have still contact Pietrus.
Mahinmi, the 19 years old center drafted by Spurs, could too rejoin parker this summer.

Dobri.

Rynospursfan
04-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Statistically speaking shooting 33.3% from downtown is like shooting 50% from 2 point range. Although 3 point shots sometimes ignite fast breaks so they would be slightly less valuable.

wildbill2u
04-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Why aren't some posters realistic about the possibilities? Reading some of their shit is like reading the infantile wailing of a three-year-old. I WANT (fill in blank here) and I want him now!

We CANT get a lottery pick guy and probably can't even get into the top 20 with what we could trade unless you want to get rid of Tim, Manu or Tony. But we can get a serviceable talent maybe, but don't be surprised if the #28 pick or one in the 2nd round turns out badly.

Because often their coveted draft picks don't really fill in the needs. It's like they think a good college player at 6'5" is going to be a great NBA player at the 3-4 because he has 'heart' or "a good basketball iq" or a "7' wingspan."

Mr. Body
04-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Nice rant, bill. Who are you talking to? I don't think anybody has overly unrealistic expectations. There aren't even people who pop up to say "Why don't we trade up to draft Kevin Durant?" Someone got upset because I posted Outlaw or Green or bust, but clearly I was joking. Proof? Read the general comments in the draft thread.

But you are wrong on some stuff. The Spurs clearly can trade up into the late teens or earlier in the 20s. The likelihood of doing so has been a topic of ongoing interest for months, often centered around one Luis Scola. You may have heard of him.

Nobody has any real illusions the Spurs can trade up to get Corey Brewer or someone like that. There is a lot of speculation about who may drop into a range where the Spurs might nab them. I'm not sure who would say those are worthless posts, but maybe you would. I suggest not reading them.

As it stands, and the Spurs keep and use their picks, they are looking at players like Alando Tucker, possibly Derrick Byars, Nick Fazekas, Arron Afflalo, and some others. Pretty much everyone understands this.

Extra Stout
04-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Somebody needs to tell these fuckers that Napolean has been dead for almost 200 years. :sucker :fishing

Extra Stout
04-11-2007, 06:30 PM
yeah and somebody should tell you that before to post, based on a famous translation by Extra-Stout ( clap clap, well done, at least someone has taken for granted your "asshole" translation ( if you excuse me to post so !),

you should be able, with you posting experience to verify the "SOURCE", and to realise, that some other poster have been before, correctly translating the thing !

come on, ARE YOU REALLY SERIOUS when you think french website would have written that ?

Xap, ( fucker )
I don't even speak French. It's funny because somebody actually fell for it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Ah, sarcasm, my woefully inept friend. Wow, you really are an imbecile. I can't say I missed you.

Sorry, not all of us are stupid enough to be able to decipher your vagina monologues.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-11-2007, 08:57 PM
The Spurs also still have Barry and Finley at that position

At this moment our swing man rotation consists of:

Manu, age 30 in July
Bowen, 36 in June and only 1 year left on his deal
Finley, 34, probably here for only one more year
Barry, 35, only under contract for one more year

I guess the fact that our swing men are practically card carrying members of the AARP is lost on you. Maybe when the Mavs are blowing by those guys when they're playing at the offensive end it'll click for some of you.

We need some damn youth on the perimeter.

AFBlue
04-11-2007, 09:35 PM
At this moment our swing man rotation consists of:

Manu, age 30 in July
Bowen, 36 in June and only 1 year left on his deal
Finley, 34, probably here for only one more year
Barry, 35, only under contract for one more year

I guess the fact that our swing men are practically card carrying members of the AARP is lost on you. Maybe when the Mavs are blowing by those guys when they're playing at the offensive end it'll click for some of you.

We need some damn youth on the perimeter.

And how many long forwards do the Spurs have that are capable of playing the small ball 4? Try this formula...the number of players you mentioned above minus 4.

The age of Spurs guards is not lost on me, but what seems to be lost on you is the understanding that the Spurs have MORE IMMEDIATE needs and not all of their needs (to include "other" big to play alongside Duncan and future backup PG), can be solved in this off-season....not enough $$$ or roster spots.

AFBlue
04-11-2007, 09:58 PM
As it stands, and the Spurs keep and use their picks, they are looking at players like Alando Tucker, possibly Derrick Byars, Nick Fazekas, Arron Afflalo, and some others. Pretty much everyone understands this.

All three players mentioned should be available with the early second round pick....for the late first rounder, I think there will be better talent based on the number of players that have already declared and are likely to declare. A future starter and/or key reserve should be found with one or both of the picks in this upcoming draft for the Spurs.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-11-2007, 10:40 PM
And how many long forwards do the Spurs have that are capable of playing the small ball 4? Try this formula...the number of players you mentioned above minus 4.

The age of Spurs guards is not lost on me, but what seems to be lost on you is the understanding that the Spurs have MORE IMMEDIATE needs and not all of their needs (to include "other" big to play alongside Duncan and future backup PG), can be solved in this off-season....not enough $$$ or roster spots.

I think it's obvious we need a long SF, and that's priority one. That doesn't mean you can't pick up another wing along the way.

Mr. Body
04-12-2007, 12:30 AM
Sorry, not all of us are stupid enough to be able to decipher your vagina monologues.

I'm not even sure that makes sense. Man, weren't you gone for a while? The board discourse rose about twenty notches for a while there.

AFBlue
04-12-2007, 05:42 AM
I think it's obvious we need a long SF, and that's priority one. That doesn't mean you can't pick up another wing along the way.

I don't see why not, but because most of the roster spots are spoken for it would take a Barry trade or something of the sort to add one this year. One option is to draft a Euro SG and tell him to play overseas for one more year...then pick him up in 2008. Another option is to solve the long 3/small ball 4 via the draft with a guy like Dominic McGuire, who is a great rebounder and shot-blocker, then go after another need.

About Pietrus, I'm just guessing that he'll think he's worth more than the MLE and decide to sign the 1yr qualifying offer with the Warriors in order to hit the FA market in 08....he could be a target of the Spurs then for sure.

ducks
04-16-2007, 03:58 PM
in light of the tp show
BUMB

Holt's Cat
04-16-2007, 03:59 PM
BUMB

Mr. Body
04-16-2007, 04:15 PM
I wouldn't mind Pietrus if the price was right. We may get to see him in a playoff scenario this year, and against Dallas no less. He'd be paid out of the MLE, which adds fuel to the speculation that Scola, indeed, will not be a Spur.

aaronstampler
04-16-2007, 04:24 PM
Pietrus has been awful for GS this year. He's by far the worst +/- guy on the team. I liked him as a player a lot more before this season but he seems to have plateaud. He's not getting any better.

Bruno
04-16-2007, 04:24 PM
A transcription of what have been said :

Q : What is your wish for next year :

Pietrus : My wish is to win a nba title. Why not playing with Spurs.

Q : So a trade ? We have heard some rumors about it.

Pietrus : I don't know but it's my wish.

Q : Have you heard something ?

Pietrus : You had to ask to Spurs starting PG. :lol

Parker : We like to have him but it will depend on Mike.

Q : Mike is a kind of player that Pop can like.

Parker : He is a great fit with our system : great defender, shoot well the corner 3. He will be the perfect sucessor to Bruce. He is too more athletic, during fast break, I will do a lot of alley hoop (Pop will be happy :spin ) with Mike for easy basket. It's sure that when they asked me, I've said that I would like to play with Mike, another french. They are interested to get him, it will depend on other teams, how Mike will want, how Warriors wants to keep him.

Pietrus : You guarantee me two title and it's good.

Q : And you are cheap and you won't ask a lot of money to play with Spurs ?

Pietrus : It's not a money question, it's about of the qulity of basket played.

Parker : It will be sure that he will play with us. If he comes in SA, next year is Bruce last year and I know Spurs are looking for a successor. And after he will be a Starter. Pop will too be a good coach for Mike, he will learn a lot with him.

Q : GS have too much players with big contracts ?

Parker : they can't pay everybody, they had to pay Biedrins and Ellis. Davis and Richarson are too expensive. They won't be able to keep everybody.

Pietrus : They try to trade Foyle to Spurs.

Parker : Yeah, dream on. We don't want him. It's $6M per year, We don't want Foyle. :lmao

Mr. Body
04-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Mikhael didn't get any basketball coaching this year at all. No wonder he wants out.

ShoogarBear
04-16-2007, 04:31 PM
I don't even speak French. It's funny because somebody actually fell for it.Okay, ex, man, you gotta give it up for him. That was pretty funny.

ducks
04-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Bowen retiring after next year?

LilMissSPURfect
04-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Parker : Yeah, dream on. We don't want him. It's $6M per year, We don't want Foyle. :rofl

picnroll
04-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Parker : It will be sure that he will play with us. If he comes in SA, next year is Bruce last year and I know Spurs are looking for a successor. And after he will be a Starter. Pop will too be a good coach for Mike, he will learn a lot with him.

That's what struck me too.

Mr. Body
04-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Pietrus has been awful for GS this year. He's by far the worst +/- guy on the team. I liked him as a player a lot more before this season but he seems to have plateaud. He's not getting any better.

In terms of pure stats it was easily his best year as a pro -- shooting 48.6%, 38.4% threes, although those could all be outliers.

For the right money -- $3mm/per -- I'd take him. He needs a good coaching hand.

AFBlue
04-16-2007, 04:57 PM
That's what struck me too.

Contractually, next year is his last.

timvp
04-16-2007, 05:05 PM
I'm not that big of a Pietrus fan. He's pretty good offensively, but I've never seen anything out of him defensively that would suggest that he could be any sort of a stopper. James White is further along on D than Pietrus.

Plus, Pietrus is going to get a Max MLE contract. A lot of GMs like him, including Jerry West. Is he worth that much money? Don't really think so, but we'd have to see what other players are getting.

And you can throw the stats for him this year out the window because Nellie's system isn't transferable to any other team, especially the Spurs. 11 Nellie points per game translates to about 4 Pop points per game.

Extra Stout
04-16-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm not that big of a Pietrus fan. He's pretty good offensively, but I've never seen anything out of him defensively that would suggest that he could be any sort of a stopper. James White is further along on D than Pietrus.
Interesting, because some have the opposite opinion of him -- limited offense, good defense.

TDMVPDPOY
04-16-2007, 05:47 PM
his stats on the gsw team is not transferable on the spurs, cose we know his stats will decrease if played on the spurs...

maybe beno+oberto+filler or draft pick for him

Mr. Body
04-16-2007, 05:55 PM
All told, I'd rather spend that energy getting a similar guy in the draft. I'd far rather have Brandon Rush, for example.

pad300
04-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Plus, Pietrus is going to get a Max MLE contract. A lot of GMs like him, including Jerry West. Is he worth that much money? Don't really think so, but we'd have to see what other players are getting.

And there's the money shot. Unless he comes for much under market value (eg. what Malone, Payton, Finley did), it's not worth it. I'd rather try and trade for Outlaw or James Singleton, or some other semi-succesful SF/PF tweener, than pay a middling useful wing a full MLE, 4+ year contract.

AFBlue
04-16-2007, 09:54 PM
And there's the money shot. Unless he comes for much under market value (eg. what Malone, Payton, Finley did), it's not worth it. I'd rather try and trade for Outlaw or James Singleton, or some other semi-succesful SF/PF tweener, than pay a middling useful wing a full MLE, 4+ year contract.

The assumption here is also that the Warriors wouldn't match a discount offer for Pietrus...which isn't likely even if they are overstocked at the position. I posed this question before, but here it is again:

Why would Pietrus take only a little more than $3M per year on a multi-year contract, even if the Warriors decide not to match, rather than signing the one-year $3M offer next year and taking his chances in the Summer of '08?

My guess is that he signs the one-year tender and that he's a serious option for the Spurs to replace Finley in 2008. There's no doubt that the interest is there, but the money has to be right as well...and it won't be right until 08.

lefty
04-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Can we trade Joe Crawford for a 1st round pick ??

silk
04-18-2007, 05:03 AM
16 april 2007 in the tp show in french mickael pietrus said he would like to play with tp in sa...he doesn't mind that much about money he wants to win and win titles....but he will only consider if golden state doesn't make him an offer..i think golden states could have interest in barry, i don't know if scola or beno interests them , but our mle could be sufficient...mickael would be superb in spurs system..imagine sort of bowen intensity on defense with manu like or better rebounding and athleticism and streacky but could develop into a solid corner 3..but i don't think he's our 3/4 kind of player...

silk
04-18-2007, 05:29 AM
but i'm not sure if mike was that serious it was in a discussion with tony so he maybe wanted to be nice ( beetween he seems like a genuine nice guy ) and all but tony said an interesting thing , next year could be bruce's last year and spurs are looking for a guy to replace him mike could be groom during this year and year after be directly the starter..it would be nice if we could have both outlaw and pietrus in our next small-ball line-up ..too bad it will probably be only fantasy... woooops all that have already been reported sorry.

JPB
04-18-2007, 07:09 AM
I didn't hear the show so I don't know if MP was serious or joking. But if serious, that would not be very smart even in a french show to say that.

He's still a warrior and his team has a realistic shot at making the PO. That's really not the right time to talk about where he would like to be next year.

Imagine (even if that's highly unlikely) GS and SA face in PO.
Be sure you would have journalists who would bring that thing back.

But again, that could just have been said on a humourous tone even if it really could be in his mind.

Bruno
04-18-2007, 07:40 AM
I didn't hear the show so I don't know if MP was serious or joking.

He was quite serious.

BTW, podcast of the show for people who understand french :
http://www.1001podcast.com/podcast/RMCInfo/channel46/20070416_tpshow.mp3

mathbzh
04-18-2007, 08:23 AM
Interesting, because some have the opposite opinion of him -- limited offense, good defense.

This is my opinion. I think his defense isn't as good lately probably because he plays for a team which make the Suns defense looks like fort knox. But when he is focused he is really a very good defender. I remember a couple of great defensive games he played with the French team, including a 2005 eurobasket game against Lithuania where he limited Siskauskas to 2 points (In other games Siskauskas scored from 12 to 20 points averaging 16 pts).

Is offensive game is limited. He has a no ball handling, not much IQ, can't pass very well. But I guess with the spurs he would probably just have to take open 3s and to make a couple of dunk in transition. Moreover he could help the team to grab a few more rebounds.

If he comes cheap he could be a nice addition (if he can stay healty) but there is a risk he becomes redondant with White.

AFBlue
04-18-2007, 09:40 AM
If he comes cheap he could be a nice addition (if he can stay healty) but there is a risk he becomes redondant with White.

I think this basically sums up why he won't be a Spur...at least not next year.

First, he won't come cheap because the Warriors will match anything cheap.

Second, he has a similar skill set and plays the same position(s) as James White, who will be struggling himself to steal on-court time away from Finley/ Barry/ Ginobili/ Bowen.

Mr. Body
04-18-2007, 09:54 AM
Yeah, I'd rather take James White, who hasn't (yet) flatlined in three to four seasons, shows ballhandling skills, has similar athleticism and committment to defense, and will be loads less expensive. Let's just draft Alando Tucker and forget Mikhael Pietrus.

Holt's Cat
04-18-2007, 09:59 AM
Why do Spurs fans assume that a young player like him should take a small deal? How about you go work for half of what you could get now? If you don't, then obviously you aren't committed to success in your chosen profession.

Hoy
04-18-2007, 10:09 AM
I think players like Darko and Pietrus are athlethics more than basketball players. Hence the hype is greater than their production and they'll disappoint their teams with low basketball IQ, ackward and inspid plays.
Guys with motors with better basketball aptitude can be had for cheap like Singleton, Justin Williams, those kind of guys are better reward per risk for our team.

mathbzh
04-18-2007, 10:09 AM
I don't assume anything. I just say that IF he takes a small deal, he is a nice addition.

romain.star
04-18-2007, 10:18 AM
pietrus claimed early on this season he wanted to be an allstar in the next 2-3 years...

mathbzh
04-18-2007, 10:55 AM
pietrus claimed early on this season he wanted to be an allstar in the next 2-3 years...
:lmao