PDA

View Full Version : SI: Spurs #1 in Power Rankings

peskypesky
04-10-2007, 07:41 PM
yes!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/marty_burns/04/10/power.rankings/index.html

didn't see this posted.... :downspin:

TheTruth
04-10-2007, 07:53 PM
how super duper exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

:rolleyes

SpursDynasty
04-10-2007, 08:13 PM
No suprises there. The Spurs have the best record since the All Star Break. Most people will act like it doesn't matter, but those are the ones who are still living in early February.

FromWayDowntown
04-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Power Rankings have never determined an NBA championship.

jaespur21
04-10-2007, 09:13 PM
Toronto numero seis.....officially on their bandwagon @least until spurs meet them in finals.... heck it seems like toronto beats us 1 a year when we play them on Sundays

wildbill2u
04-10-2007, 09:38 PM
No suprises there. The Spurs have the best record since the All Star Break. Most people will act like it doesn't matter, but those are the ones who are still living in early February.
Actually I was kinda surprised as I went down the list. Toronto in the top 10? Isn't that where Rashostein is?

And Go Bulls! Nail down that second round pick for the Spurs.

LEONARD
04-11-2007, 08:17 AM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :toast

Jimcs50
04-11-2007, 08:32 AM
Talk to me in June.

romain.star
04-11-2007, 09:01 AM
this is bullshit.... it doesn't mean shit

Tbiggums
04-11-2007, 09:28 AM
Power Rankings have never determined an NBA championship.
Agreed. But its nice to be noticed :clap

L.I.T
04-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Ohmigod ohmigod ohmigod!!!! I just wet my pants with glee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jebus, the only thing I want the Spurs to be first in is the race to 16.

peskypesky
04-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Ohmigod ohmigod ohmigod!!!! I just wet my pants with glee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No. That was me. Pissing on you and all the other f-wads who can't get a bit excited that their team is doing well and getting recognized for it.

Tbiggums
04-11-2007, 01:18 PM
No. That was me. Pissing on you and all the other f-wads who can't get a bit excited that their team is doing well and getting recognized for it.

FEEL YA! :madrun

ducks
04-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Talk to me in June.
no thank you

FromWayDowntown
04-11-2007, 02:10 PM

I'm excited that the Spurs are playing well -- better, at least, than they were earlier this year. But I don't need power rankings to tell me that, and I'm not going to get excited or upset based upon what some fat sportswriter sitting behind his computer thinks of my team at any given moment.

F-wad if you like, but it's not like this is my first rodeo.

Power rankings are absolutely meaningless to anything other than getting insecure fans delighted or upset about some totally irrelevant national perception of the team.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-11-2007, 10:36 PM
I'm excited that the Spurs are playing well -- better, at least, than they were earlier this year. But I don't need power rankings to tell me that, and I'm not going to get excited or upset based upon what some fat sportswriter sitting behind his computer thinks of my team at any given moment.

F-wad if you like, but it's not like this is my first rodeo.

Power rankings are absolutely meaningless to anything other than getting insecure fans delighted or upset about some totally irrelevant national perception of the team.

True. Last season everyone was saying that the playoffs weren't worth playing that all they needed to do was go straight to the Spurs/Pistons Finals.

We all know how that ended.

L.I.T
04-12-2007, 03:34 AM

Tsk tsk, now you had to go and escalate what was a perfectly witty response to your idiotic post.

Being excited and being a douche-bag fan are two very different things. Me: "Spurs are playing well, I am very excited about that. However, I want to see them win 16 games in the playoffs and win the championship, because, well, for this team and what it's trying to achieve that's all that really matters and it's what I really want to see, that's what I get excited about."

You: "I'm a douche-bag fan who crows about every little positive thing about our team and cries like a little whiny bitch whenever anyone comes in and interjects a modicum of reality to a discussion."

Curse all you want, it means about the same as the Spurs being number one in an arbitrary list...jack shit.

romain.star
04-12-2007, 08:10 AM
both of you guys are right
cheering and criticizing are what this board is all about

peskypesky
04-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Spurs still #1 in Power Rankings!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/marty_burns/04/10/power.rankings/index.html

And for all of you who don't understand power rankings, this means we are a lock to win the Championship. No matter what all the nay-sayers say. :hungry:

peskypesky
04-12-2007, 09:28 AM
and the Spurs are also #1 in ESPN power rankings:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerranking

sweet.

LEONARD
04-12-2007, 09:42 AM
Toronoto #6?

Spurs - 21-3 since All-Star break
Mavs - 21-4 since All-Star break...and they've played like $hit for a couple weeks now...

The playoffs should be good...