PDA

View Full Version : This sucks

Jimcs50
11-20-2004, 01:12 AM
I was in Conroe so missed the Spurs game, and now I can not get any highlights of their win...every highlight is of the fight in Detroit.

IceColdBrewski
11-20-2004, 01:22 AM
It was typical of every Spurs game up to this point. Duncan leading the way. Manu proving that he's our second best player. And Parker trying like hell to prove he's worth the money that Manu should have received.

Jimcs50
11-20-2004, 02:00 AM
The Spurs were 11 pts down when I got in my car to come home, and I listened to it on the radio and was impressed that they came back on the road after playing the night before...that was awesome and now nobody will ever know about it.

smeagol
11-20-2004, 02:04 AM
SPurs were unimpressive during three quarters and played very well in the fourth.

SequSpur
11-20-2004, 02:08 AM
I was very proud of the Spurs tonight. They weathered the Pierce storm and pulled out the victory.

Nice.

samikeyp
11-20-2004, 02:41 AM
another strong 4th...starting to be a trend.

toosmallshoes
11-20-2004, 06:16 AM
totally opposite of a typical spurs team from the past that would have lost a big lead in the fourth.

Solid D
11-20-2004, 10:12 AM
The energy was similar to that of the Seattle game. Boston owned the paint. Not a typical game at all.

The bench (Barry, Devin, Malik, Horry) + Parker caught fire, played great D and took the deficit from 11 to actually leading by 1 before turning the game over to the starters (except Rose for Rasho). Rose really played well and you can't tell that by perusing the box score. Rose really changed the entire tone in the paint. (I think I could actually see the color change from green to black for a moment there)

Manu and Timmah then basically came in and took over at the offensive end and Bowen looked like one of the Incredibles (the bubble one) surrounding Paul Pierce. There was no way he was lettin' a ball get up to the hoop from Paul's hands.

Is that descriptive enough for you Jim?

boutons
11-20-2004, 10:52 AM
Spurs outscored BOS in the paint, but extremely unusually, starting from the horrendous first quarter, BOS destroyed Spurs 44 - 29 RBs, and esp offensive 12 - 4 (at one point, the Spurs were outshooting BOS, but still losing, thanks to BOS off. rebounds). The rebounding defecit was a good indication of how little fire the Spurs had last night for 2.5 quarters.

I think BOS's kid Jefferson is kinda like Scola. Not much athleticism, but he knows how to play basketball, esp around the basket, rebounding and scoring.

Marcus Bryant
11-20-2004, 11:02 AM
Well the "Malik sucks" dual thread spam from Walton and AHF didn't show up last night so obviously Malik had a solid game.