PDA

View Full Version : Woai

td4mvp21
04-10-2007, 09:01 PM
I know Kori works there, and maybe Timvp?, but anyways do they have a summer internship program or anything of that sort? Anyone know?

AlamoSpursFan
04-10-2007, 09:07 PM
I know Nate Lundy doesn't work there anymore...

:lol

Kori Ellis
04-10-2007, 09:09 PM
timvp doesn't work there. I'm an independent contractor for them.

Are you looking for an internship at WOAI TV? Yes, they have interns. Send an email to [email protected] and find out information. Tell him that I told you to ask him.

AlamoSpursFan
04-10-2007, 09:12 PM
And while you've got him on the horn, ask him to tell Jennifer Broome to PLEASE learn how to say "Meteorologist".

td4mvp21
04-10-2007, 09:13 PM
timvp doesn't work there. I'm an independent contractor for them.

Are you looking for an internship at WOAI TV? Yes, they have interns. Send an email to [email protected] and find out information. Tell him that I told you to ask him.

Ok thanks, the only thing is would they let a teenager do it? I'm only 17, I just want some experience in that area. I'm really into newspaper/journalism stuff.

AlamoSpursFan
04-10-2007, 09:23 PM
E-mail the man. What's the worst that can happen? They can say no. And even if they do, keep trying. Persistence pays off.

T Park
04-10-2007, 09:27 PM
I bet they would let him intern.

At the very least a gopher.

Spurfect
04-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Kori, WOAI is a news source right? I'm trying to find something, maybe you can help me. a co-worker of mine's wife got into a bad accident earlier today and their 10 month old baby died. She is in critical condition, i can't find anything on the news about this at all. have you heard something like that? more in the seguin area. thanks

tlongII
04-10-2007, 09:30 PM
I think interns usually have to be in college.

td4mvp21
04-10-2007, 09:32 PM
I think interns usually have to be in college.

Usually, but I've seen some for juniors/seniors in high school.

ashbeeigh
04-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Just a word of encouragement.

WOAI has an awesome internship program. There's always a bunch of Communication majors doing internships from TLU over there. I can even give you some of their names if you're interested. It shouldn't be too hard to get one, if you have the right contact. Which you do. Good luck!

Kori Ellis
04-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Kori, WOAI is a news source right? I'm trying to find something, maybe you can help me. a co-worker of mine's wife got into a bad accident earlier today and their 10 month old baby died. She is in critical condition, i can't find anything on the news about this at all. have you heard something like that? more in the seguin area. thanks

Can you give me the last name? (either here on in a PM)

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Ok thanks, the only thing is would they let a teenager do it? I'm only 17, I just want some experience in that area. I'm really into newspaper/journalism stuff.

I was an intern at KENS-TV in their sports and news depts. when I was 15. Usually, they'll ask you to receive course credit (so see if your school has an Independent Study class). I learned a ton from doing all that work. By the time I left, I was producing sportscasts and their short-lived Saturday evening 30-minute show.

When you get wherever you are, soak it up. You'll learn a truckload more doing than you will reading about it.

Kori Ellis
04-10-2007, 09:37 PM

Email and ask. I believe I have seen highschool interns there, but I'm not positive.

=RTM=
04-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Where are the round table shows?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Misc/rtm-head.gif

td4mvp21
04-10-2007, 09:43 PM
I was an intern at KENS-TV in their sports and news depts. when I was 15. Usually, they'll ask you to receive course credit (so see if your school has an Independent Study class). I learned a ton from doing all that work. By the time I left, I was producing sportscasts and their short-lived Saturday evening 30-minute show.

When you get wherever you are, soak it up. You'll learn a truckload more doing than you will reading about it.

Well I don't really know what an Independent Study class is, but my school does offer Newspaper and I'm in the class.

Email and ask. I believe I have seen highschool interns there, but I'm not positive.

Alright, I emailed him. Thanks for the info and for letting me mention your name, I appreciate it.

AlamoSpursFan
04-10-2007, 09:44 PM
I was an intern at KENS-TV in their sports and news depts. when I was 15.

How the hell can you be expected to buy beer for Joe Reinagel at 15?

Spurfect
04-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Can you give me the last name? (either here on in a PM)

I PMed you Kori
Thank you Johnny Blaze for the article. Today was a very sad day at work as you can imagine :(

=RTM=
04-10-2007, 09:49 PM
How the hell can you be expected to buy beer for Joe Reinagel at 15?

David Chancelore does sports on TV and he is only 19.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Misc/spear.gif

Kori Ellis
04-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Where are the round table shows?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Misc/rtm-head.gif

http://www.woai.com/content/podcasts/rt/default.aspx

Kori Ellis
04-10-2007, 09:50 PM
I PMed you Kori
Thank you Johnny Blaze for the article. Today was a very sad day at work as you can imagine :(

I didn't see anything else besides what Blaze gave you. How sad!

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Well I don't really know what an Independent Study class is, but my school does offer Newspaper and I'm in the class.

Alright, I emailed him. Thanks for the info and for letting me mention your name, I appreciate it.

It was a class where I chose a mentor and ended up working with them and learning on-the-job (ask your counselor). It was only supposed to be a semester, but I ended up staying for two years.

ashbeeigh
04-10-2007, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE=td4mvp21]Well I don't really know what an Independent Study class is, but my school does offer Newspaper and I'm in the class.

An Independent Study is where you sign up for a class with a teacher and you two discuss what you're going to do for the semester/year. Then you go off during the year, during designated periods of time to explore the job.intership/whatever y'all decided on. At my high school the students had a mentor and did a presentation at the end of the school year about what they did throughout the year. At my high school it was called ISM and only a select few students got to participate. If I remember correctly, some did their studies with doctors and other professionals.

=RTM=
04-10-2007, 09:56 PM
http://www.woai.com/content/podcasts/rt/default.aspx

Thanks for the link, I like when Tpark is on the show he has a talent for entertaining the listeners. Will he ever be on again?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/Misc/rtm-head-spin.gif

johngateswhiteley
04-10-2007, 09:58 PM
sucks.

td4mvp21
04-10-2007, 09:59 PM
[QUOTE=td4mvp21]Well I don't really know what an Independent Study class is, but my school does offer Newspaper and I'm in the class.

An Independent Study is where you sign up for a class with a teacher and you two discuss what you're going to do for the semester/year. Then you go off during the year, during designated periods of time to explore the job.intership/whatever y'all decided on. At my high school the students had a mentor and did a presentation at the end of the school year about what they did throughout the year. At my high school it was called ISM and only a select few students got to participate. If I remember correctly, some did their studies with doctors and other professionals.

Ok, I doubt my school has that but I'll check with my counselor. Thanks for the info.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Ashbeeigh explained it much better than I did.

ashbeeigh
04-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Ok, I doubt my school has that but I'll check with my counselor. Thanks for the info.

No problem. It was a northside school, if it helps any.

Howard K Stern
04-10-2007, 10:19 PM
I wonder what WOAI can do for me?

AlamoSpursFan
04-10-2007, 10:23 PM
I wonder what WOAI can do for me?

Looking for gainful employment now, are we, Howie?

:lmao

spursincharge
04-10-2007, 10:31 PM
I interned at WOAI under Don and Dave in the summer of 2005....you do need to get college credit...at least that's how I had to have it. It's great times. Don is a really fun guy to work for. And they let me interview Big Shot Rob

Any other questions? E-Mail me [email protected]

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-10-2007, 10:38 PM
I interned at WOAI under Don and Dave in the summer of 2005....you do need to get college credit...at least that's how I had to have it. It's great times. Don is a really fun guy to work for. And they let me interview Big Shot Rob

Any other questions? E-Mail me [email protected]

Enjoying your Tuesday night without chasing box scores? :lol

spursincharge
04-11-2007, 12:55 AM
Enjoying your Tuesday night without chasing box scores? :lol

Yeah man...I'm just trying to enjoy my life as much as I can before I graduate college in a month. Partying it up