PDA

View Full Version : What if: Kirilenko to the Suns?

ajh18
04-10-2007, 09:12 PM
"the Jazz (trivia alert!) have won six of nine in games that Kirilenko has missed thus far this season. He might be expendable, and if his versatility and youth could bring in a scoring option on the wing, the Jazz need to pull the trigger.

Would Phoenix be comfortable sending the 2007 lottery pick it acquired from the Hawks in 2005 (provided it doesn't fall in the top three, where Atlanta would be able to keep it), plus Kurt Thomas' and Eric Piatkowski's expiring contracts, to Utah for Kirilenko? The Suns hardly need another scorer -- even someone like Al Horford, Jeff Green or Corey Brewer -- and Kirilenko's outside shooting and defensive brilliance would work wonders in an up-tempo offense. Joakim Noah would seem like a lovely fit on the Suns, but with Steve Nash in his 30s, why not go for the more refined shot-blocker? Meanwhile, the Jazz could secure the rights to a young shooting guard or a more orthodox scoring small forward."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/kelly_dwyer/04/10/observation.deck/1.html

So what do you think? Would you do this trade if you were the Suns? If you were the Jazz? Maybe the Suns could unload Marion for another pick or another guard?

On the other hand, the Suns could trade Marion for Kirilenko straight up and keep their pick for someone like Brewer, Noah, or Horford. The Jazz would get better production and more scoring on their front line too.

ThomasGranger
04-10-2007, 09:36 PM
AK-47 would definitely benefit from a change of scenery and Phoenix could be just the place to rejuvenate his game. Seems like a bit of redundancy at that position though, unless they play Amare at center slide Marion over to the 4

Skip Bayless
04-10-2007, 10:07 PM
mediocre at best

OVER-RATED

TDMVPDPOY
04-10-2007, 10:10 PM
wouldnt make a difference it be like 1 on 5, with ak only play defense...

and yes the suns sucks shit

mavsfan1000
04-10-2007, 10:57 PM
AK would be the perfect fit because they need someone that causes havoc on the defensive end. AK will force many turnovers which turn into fastbreak points.

ducks
04-10-2007, 11:35 PM
AK would be the perfect fit because they need someone that causes havoc on the defensive end. AK will force many turnovers which turn into fastbreak points.
he can not stay in front of a guy he gets his blocks from behind ask sloan

T Park
04-11-2007, 12:19 AM
It would be nice if the Spurs could see if they could work a trade for him.

Axl Van Dam
04-12-2007, 08:43 AM
"the Jazz (trivia alert!) have won six of nine in games that Kirilenko has missed thus far this season. He might be expendable, and if his versatility and youth could bring in a scoring option on the wing, the Jazz need to pull the trigger.

Would Phoenix be comfortable sending the 2007 lottery pick it acquired from the Hawks in 2005 (provided it doesn't fall in the top three, where Atlanta would be able to keep it), plus Kurt Thomas' and Eric Piatkowski's expiring contracts, to Utah for Kirilenko? The Suns hardly need another scorer -- even someone like Al Horford, Jeff Green or Corey Brewer -- and Kirilenko's outside shooting and defensive brilliance would work wonders in an up-tempo offense. Joakim Noah would seem like a lovely fit on the Suns, but with Steve Nash in his 30s, why not go for the more refined shot-blocker? Meanwhile, the Jazz could secure the rights to a young shooting guard or a more orthodox scoring small forward."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/kelly_dwyer/04/10/observation.deck/1.html

So what do you think? Would you do this trade if you were the Suns? If you were the Jazz? Maybe the Suns could unload Marion for another pick or another guard?

On the other hand, the Suns could trade Marion for Kirilenko straight up and keep their pick for someone like Brewer, Noah, or Horford. The Jazz would get better production and more scoring on their front line too.

:wakeup The Suns won't sign anyone who has decent defensive skills. All they know is offense offense offense. Kirilenko would be better off with the Spurs. :hungry: Man I'd pay to see that. :hungry:

nkdlunch
04-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Kirilenko is finished.

monosylab1k
04-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Corey Brewer is the third best player in this draft, in my opinion. He won't get taken top-3, and if I was Phoenix I'd take him in a heartbeat if he is available. Forget Kirilenko.

JMarkJohns
04-12-2007, 05:45 PM
They lose their best box-out rebounder and post defender, trade a less expensive option via lottery pick while taking on a contract that's three years (at least) and 20 million (at least) more expensive than those traded?

If they want Kirilenko, they can draft him. His name is Joakim Noah. Maybe not four blocks per game, but I'd bet with consistant minutes 10-6-2 is doable by Noah as a rookie. That's probably all Kirilenko would get as Phoenix doesn't have the minutes to spread around that Utah does.

Cry Havoc
04-12-2007, 06:42 PM
Corey Brewer is the third best player in this draft, in my opinion. He won't get taken top-3, and if I was Phoenix I'd take him in a heartbeat if he is available. Forget Kirilenko.

Brewer is AWESOME and kind of reminds me of a smaller, better defender type T-mac player. He has a great all-around game and could develop into a real weapon on both ends of the floor. Not sure if he's the 3rd best player now but in 5 years time I bet he will be, if not better.

Mr. Body
04-12-2007, 08:09 PM
Phoenix is in salary cap hell as it is and will need to dump Marion, much less add another bad contract like AK's.