PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets licking their chops to play the Spurs...

Voice of Truth
04-11-2007, 12:19 AM
I've just heard an interview where Carmelo Anthony said that he's really excited to play the Spurs and beating them, the revenge factor seems to be his motivation after the Spurs won the first round series in 2005.

He said the Nuggets will surprise the entire NBA and that the Nuggets will go deep into the postseason.

What do you guys think about this challenge?

Behrooz24
04-11-2007, 12:24 AM
Drug test STAT

T Park
04-11-2007, 12:25 AM
Spurs better fucking get ready.

A motivated Anthony along with AI and Camby?

Im fucking telling you, Spurs will be lucky to get out of the first round.

Trainwreck2100
04-11-2007, 12:27 AM
I've just heard an interview where Carmelo Anthony said that he's really excited to play the Spurs and beating them, the revenge factor seems to be his motivation after the Spurs won the first round series in 2005.

He said the Nuggets will surprise the entire NBA and that the Nuggets will go deep into the postseason.

That is a very good omen for a Spurs championship

ehz33satx
04-11-2007, 12:28 AM
Carmelo said the exact same thing last year.

Voice of Truth
04-11-2007, 12:29 AM

That will be a monumental UPSET something like the Nuggets of '94 (surprise surprise!... same team) pulling the upset on the Sonics

T Park
04-11-2007, 12:31 AM
No not as big.

If the Warriors beat the Mavericks, that would be monumental upset.

exstatic
04-11-2007, 12:32 AM
That will be a monumental UPSET something like the Nuggets of '94 (surprise surprise!... same team) pulling the upset on the Sonics
They don't play 5 game first round series anymore. Not fucking likely with best of 7.

lefty
04-11-2007, 12:34 AM
Yeah, they can be really dangerous ; that's good ; let them talk ; we have the best team, we know how to win , and now we'll be super motivated by their comments : I say BRING IT ON !!! :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

Please don't compare Spurs to these chokers

ChumpDumper
04-11-2007, 12:35 AM
He said the Nuggets will surprise the entire NBAI liked "shock the world" better.

Buddy Holly

If you're right about this as much as the time you quit on the team and said they were done, I guess it looks like a Spurs sweep.

ThomasGranger
That would be a monumental UPSET something like the Nuggets of '94 (surprise surprise!... same team) pulling the upset on the Sonics

fixed

ponky
04-11-2007, 12:36 AM
lol, did he really say this? what a dumbshit. i like 'melo and all but sometimes guys just need to learn how to keep their trap shut and put it all into their game.

T Park
04-11-2007, 12:37 AM
If you're right about this as much as the time you quit on the team and said they were done, I guess it looks like a Spurs sweep.

Okiedoke charles oakley.

Voice of Truth
04-11-2007, 12:37 AM
lol, did he really say this? what a dumbshit. i like 'melo and all but sometimes guys just need to learn how to keep their trap shut and put it all into their game.

I just heard it on Fox radio

lefty
04-11-2007, 12:38 AM

Melo is just motivating the Spurs

By the way : your sig tells the truth (except for the Homerism part)

Buddy Holly
04-11-2007, 12:38 AM
Okiedoke charles oakley.

What does he have to do with your history of sucking ass balls with your Spurs playoff predictions.

T Park
04-11-2007, 12:40 AM
I don't think anyone asked for your opinion Nynsync fan.

ponky
04-11-2007, 12:42 AM
Melo is just motivating the Spurs

By the way : your sig tells the truth (except for the Homerism part)

yup, kind of like how duncan motivated the mavs with his "we'll see who's glaring last" or whatever comment. hahahahaha, you just gave spursdynasty's idiocy a ringing endorsement...i'll be sure to get back to you when his prediction doesn't come true. not saying it's going to be a cakewalk for the mavs, but it isn't going to be any easier for the spurs or suns or any other team, thus the homer reference...anyway, stop trying to turn this into a mavs/spurs rant fest lefty, that's not why i came into this thread

lefty
04-11-2007, 12:43 AM
yup, kind of like how duncan motivated the mavs with his "we'll see who's glaring last" or whatever comment. hahahahaha, you just gave spursdynasty's idiocy a ringing endorsement...i'll be sure to get back to you when his prediction doesn't come true. not saying it's going to be a cakewalk for the mavs, but it isn't going to be any easier for the spurs or suns or any other team, thus the homer reference...anyway, stop trying to turn this into a mavs/spurs rant fest lefty, that's not why i came into this thread

I was just teasing you
:lol :lol

Buddy Holly
04-11-2007, 12:44 AM
I don't think anyone asked for your opinion Nynsync fan.

Hey, I'm fine being the guy who falsely advertised Oakley in 2002, who posted on a subforum for a boy band board. I'll happily be that person because its better than being the dick who "quit" during the middle of a playoff series and vowed to never post again if they won the series and then renegged on said promise.

ponky
04-11-2007, 12:45 AM
I was just teasing you

i know...btw, spursdynasty thinks dwight howard is overrated hyped up crap, remove that avatar if you are going to continue giving his stupidity endorsements!!! :lol :lol :lol

just kidding, it's all good, playoffs are right around the corner and everyone is getting into smack mode, yay!!! :clap :clap :clap

T Park
04-11-2007, 12:48 AM
I'll happily be that person because its better than being the dick who "quit" during the middle of a playoff series and vowed to never post again if they won the series and then renegged on said promise

Uh, no you've still got me beat there lance bass.

lefty
04-11-2007, 12:48 AM
i know...btw, spursdynasty thinks dwight howard is overrated hyped up crap, remove that avatar if you are going to continue giving his stupidity endorsements!!! :lol :lol :lol

just kidding, it's all good, playoffs are right around the corner and everyone is getting into smack mode, yay!!! :clap :clap :clap

I like this avatar, what can I do? too funny

Damn ! can u believe this ??? playoffs are coming up !!! :hungry: :hungry:

Regular season is just too long, especially for fans of favorite teams :sleep :sleep :sleep

Buddy Holly
04-11-2007, 12:50 AM
Uh, no you've still got me beat there lance bass.

Great stuff, really. You impress me, I've never seen 7th grade smack done so well.

itzsoweezee
04-11-2007, 12:53 AM
what did you expect him to say? yeah, hopefully we can win a game?

T Park
04-11-2007, 12:53 AM
Your the one who started smack and wanted to change the subject, so go have your own circle jerk fest somewhere else.

BACK ON TOPIC.

Anthony is just saying the obvious.

They are out for revenge, and they can do it.

The Spurs better be ready to rebound, make shots, and defend like crazy.

Cause AI and Anthony, JR Smith, Nene, Kleiza, are all gonna be ready to play and will play damn hard.

lefty
04-11-2007, 12:54 AM

Voice of Truth
04-11-2007, 12:57 AM

You expect him to say that this will be a great series but not that they will knock out the Spurs from contention..that's disrespecting your team...

THE SIXTH MAN
04-11-2007, 01:01 AM
..that's disrespecting your team...
And. :lol

Buddy Holly
04-11-2007, 01:02 AM
Was it Flip Saunder approved? It's not a guarantee unless it has Flip's stamp on it.

trueD
04-11-2007, 01:04 AM
Dayum, you post crap in HERE too?

The thread title amused me, that's why I'm here.

But I'm going now....

lefty
04-11-2007, 01:04 AM
You expect him to say that this will be a great series but not that they will knock out the Spurs from contention..that's disrespecting your team...

Yeah, true ; but we don't mind; that adds motivation :hungry: :hungry:

ponky
04-11-2007, 01:06 AM
I like this avatar, what can I do? too funny

Damn ! can u believe this ??? playoffs are coming up !!! :hungry: :hungry:

Regular season is just too long, especially for fans of favorite teams :sleep :sleep :sleep

i love that avatar. what's weird is that sometimes when i see an avatar of a person i imagine that person to be typing. like not dwight howard, i just imagine a guy named *lefty* who looks like a guy named dwight howard typing. anyway, weird.

YAY, PLAYOFFS START IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!!!

rayray2k8
04-11-2007, 01:07 AM
Can't wait for the playoffs!! :D

THE SIXTH MAN
04-11-2007, 01:08 AM
i love that avatar. what's weird is that sometimes when i see an avatar of a person i imagine that person to be typing. like not dwight howard, i just imagine a guy named *lefty* who looks like a guy named dwight howard typing. anyway, weird.

YAY, PLAYOFFS START IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!!!
:lol Me too.

ponky
04-11-2007, 01:09 AM
Your the one who started smack and wanted to change the subject, so go have your own circle jerk fest somewhere else.

BACK ON TOPIC.

Anthony is just saying the obvious.

They are out for revenge, and they can do it.

The Spurs better be ready to rebound, make shots, and defend like crazy.

Cause AI and Anthony, JR Smith, Nene, Kleiza, are all gonna be ready to play and will play damn hard.

:lol at your sig!

ponky
04-11-2007, 01:11 AM
:lol Me too.

so....when you see my avatar and a post of mine you think this?

http://img01.picoodle.com/img/img01/7/4/11/f_4404268705dm_0f72a7b.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

THE SIXTH MAN
04-11-2007, 01:14 AM
so....when you see my avatar and a post of mine you think this?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/202/440426870_5d0b4e7cd4.jpg?v=0

:lol :lol :lol
Somewhat yeah. :lol

Manudona
04-11-2007, 01:23 AM
I remember last year the same challenge was uttered by Artest, so it does not impress me much, although the Nuggets have a much better team.

spursfan09
04-11-2007, 01:25 AM
The tougher the road the sweeter it will be.

milkyway21
04-11-2007, 01:49 AM
Carmelo said the exact same thing last year....and before the World Championships...:lol

or was it before the start of the Olympics?

I'm scared already :p:

dbreiden83080
04-11-2007, 01:53 AM

Oh no i am so scared of the Denver we traded for AI and still play no D Nuggets. This Denver team is worse than the one we beat in 5 games in 05. As long as the Spurs are focused, they have ZERO shot at beating them in the playoffs.

ponky
04-11-2007, 01:53 AM
...and before the World Championships...:lol

or was it before the start of the Olympics?

I'm scared already :p:

to be fair though, 'Melo played great during the FIBA World Championships, it wasn't his fault they lost

mavsfan1000
04-11-2007, 01:58 AM
The spurs will make it a half court game which will spell doom for the nuggets who need to run. Spurs in 5 or 6.

dbreiden83080
04-11-2007, 02:00 AM
The spurs will make it a half court game which will spell doom for the nuggets who need to run. Spurs in 5 or 6.

You guys can beat us in the WEST no other team in a 7 game series including the Suns in my opinion CAN.

Borosai
04-11-2007, 02:36 AM
Carmelo "Hit-N-Run" Anthony has no idea what he's talking about. Next.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-11-2007, 02:38 AM
wasn't it nene or someone who recently said they would much rather play the suns than the spurs in rd 1? i think it was reported on cbssportsline or something

J.T.
04-11-2007, 03:35 AM
Yeah, the Nuggets were all jazzed up and talking about how the league should look out when they pulled that Game 1 "shocker" out of their asses in 2005, and then were promptly handed one-way tickets back to Denver four games later. Aside from an uncharacteristic, Sunday afternoon, we-didn't-come-to-play loss last season, the Spurs have owned the Nuggets pretty consistently over the last two season.

I wouldn't put any stock in what Melo says.

Holt's Cat
04-11-2007, 05:59 AM
Cawrmewwo says what?

Texas_Ranger
04-11-2007, 07:47 AM
Melo-:lol.

conversekid
04-11-2007, 08:00 AM
Are the nuggets in the playoffs? :yawn

FromWayDowntown
04-11-2007, 08:21 AM

Yes, because just as was true in 1994, a 6 seed has never, ever beaten a 3 seed in the NBA playoffs. I can definitely see where such an upset would be a monumental occurrence in NBA history.

And I can definitely see the comparison between one of the 2 times in history that an 8 has beaten a 1 and an outcome (6 beating 3) that has occurred in 3 of the last 4 playoff seasons.

nkdlunch
04-11-2007, 08:52 AM
this is great. He also predicted a gold medal for team USA.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

SPURS in 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

da_suns_fan__
04-11-2007, 10:36 AM

SPURS in 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twice actually ;)

cambrad
04-11-2007, 11:04 AM

This is false. It's the general consensus in the Nugget community that we want the Suns.

But seeing how you guys regard the rest of the league, someone needs to bloody your lip, and it might as well be us.

FromWayDowntown
04-11-2007, 11:21 AM
But seeing how you guys regard the rest of the league, someone needs to bloody your lip, and it might as well be us.

Anyone who's dippy enough to think that the Spurs are just going to waltz through anyone during the playoffs should be disregarded.

T Park
04-11-2007, 11:35 AM
But seeing how you guys regard the rest of the league, someone needs to bloody your lip, and it might as well be us

grrrr im nuggets troll, here me roar!!!

christ go back to class and get off the library computer.

BeerIsGood!
04-11-2007, 11:39 AM
This is false. It's the general consensus in the Nugget community that we want the Suns.

Well, if the nuggets become the thuggets like they were in '05, I'm sure one of them will take a cheap shot or two at some point.

What's with the Spurs getting the cheap shot thugs in the 1st round of the playoffs over the last three years?

JamStone
04-11-2007, 12:06 PM
If Reggie Evans gets any minutes at all, you can guarantee that he'll be trying to grab all the loose balls. Spurs better watch out.

Islymore
04-11-2007, 12:15 PM
If Reggie Evans gets any minutes at all, you can guarantee that he'll be trying to grab all the loose balls. Spurs better watch out.

Reggie E grabbing all the loose balls... :clap :clap

but Melo smokes that green stuff *we know*, so maybe he was a little high when he said that? or hey he could believe it.

but I still doubt the Spurs will let the Nuggets send them home...

The_Worlds_finest
04-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Why is it always the trash players that run thier mouth...not calling out his bball skills but as a human... Denver is not going to make it out, spurs are built to level with a team that runs denver style of ball but much better at it...dallas.

Im gonna say Spurs in 5, with a game six highly unlikely. :wakeup

ploto
04-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Spurs fans will finally miss Rasho when they need someone to hit Reggie in the mouth! :lol

Hillcrest
04-11-2007, 01:41 PM
They lick alright...

ShoogarBear
04-11-2007, 01:48 PM

What do you guys think about this challenge?Did he say they were going to "Shock the World"? That usually works.

ShoogarBear
04-11-2007, 01:49 PM
I liked "shock the world" better.:pctoss

judaspriestess
04-11-2007, 02:10 PM

exactly you beat me to it. DUH!! :rolleyes

td4mvp21
04-11-2007, 02:10 PM
Good for them, I hope we play them and send their thug asses home in 5 easy games.

Budkin
04-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Nuggets don't have a fucking prayer of beating the Spurs in 4 of 7.

NugzFan
04-11-2007, 05:31 PM

well said.

NugzFan
04-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Oh no i am so scared of the Denver we traded for AI and still play no D Nuggets. This Denver team is worse than the one we beat in 5 games in 05. As long as the Spurs are focused, they have ZERO shot at beating them in the playoffs.

:rolleyes

NugzFan
04-11-2007, 05:33 PM

SPURS in 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he did his part - many of his teammates on that team did not.

NugzFan
04-11-2007, 05:33 PM

:toast

NugzFan
04-11-2007, 05:34 PM
are we playing football?..........have some class thuggets.

manu and bowen havent hurt players before?

mavsfan1000
04-11-2007, 05:38 PM
He was a ballhog during the Olympics.

T Park
04-11-2007, 05:41 PM
great now we have more nuggets trolls cheering on thuggery.

Typical.

NugzFan
04-11-2007, 05:41 PM
He was a ballhog during the Olympics.

uh, no. he played DAMN well.

NugzFan
04-11-2007, 05:42 PM
great now we have more nuggets trolls cheering on thuggery.

Typical.

im not trolling. but you guys clearly havent watched much of the nuggets this year. (which isnt a bad thing...just pointing it out)

T Park
04-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Whats that got to due with condoning giving the other team's bloody lips.

mardigan
04-11-2007, 05:51 PM
The Nuggets have zero chance, zip, nada, none. They will be lucky if they win one game and dont get swept

NugzFan
04-11-2007, 05:55 PM
The Nuggets have zero chance, zip, nada, none. They will be lucky if they win one game and dont get swept

thats the attitude i hope the spurs have!

NugzFan
04-11-2007, 05:55 PM
Whats that got to due with condoning giving the other team's bloody lips.

the spurs arent exactly the cleanest team either. gotta be fair on both ends.

mardigan
04-11-2007, 05:56 PM
thats the attitude i hope the spurs have!
Its the attitude we've had every time we beat their asses in the playoffs

mardigan
04-11-2007, 05:57 PM
Spurs arent dirty, Im not saying per say that the Nuggs are either, ut the Spurs are definately not.

nkdlunch
04-11-2007, 06:06 PM

that does not take away from the fact that only a dumb retard would guarantee a gold medal on live TV. then look like an idiot receiving his bronze :lol

SequSpur
04-11-2007, 06:11 PM
The Spurs will Sweep those motherfuckers.....

STFU already...

Got damn.

mavsfan1000
04-11-2007, 07:48 PM
uh, no. he played DAMN well.
If Melo could actually pass or hit a 3 than USA probably would've won.

Samr
04-11-2007, 08:07 PM
A motivated Melo, AI, Camby does not necessarily equate to a COHESIVE Melo, AI, Camby.

AI wants to win it all to prove that he really is a championship player and that everyone in Phili was just holding him back. Melo wants to win a championship just to show that he really is the "franchise player" he sells himself as. The problem is, neither of these two players allow room for another star to share the limelight. They both want to do it themselves.

Who will beat the Nuggets? The Nuggets.

They'll get down 0-2 and then melo and iverson will both independently name themselves as the key to success. It'll be funny as hell, but it won't equal a playoff run for Denver.

mavs>spurs2
04-11-2007, 08:15 PM
The Spurs will Sweep those motherfuckers.....

STFU already...

Got damn.

No way in hell. It will go 5-6 games.

mardigan
04-11-2007, 08:15 PM
No way in hell. It will go 5-6 games.
Just like the Warrior series or what?

mavs>spurs2
04-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Just like the Warrior series or what?

If the Mavs and Warriors meet first round, I could see it going 5 or 6 games as well.

mardigan
04-11-2007, 08:21 PM
If the Mavs and Warriors meet first round, I could see it going 5 or 6 games as well.
Well Im glad to hear from a sensible Mav fan

mavs>spurs2
04-11-2007, 08:23 PM
This years playoffs aren't going to be a cakewalk for anybody. And Houston might pose more of a threat in round 2 than most people seem to realize.

mardigan
04-11-2007, 08:25 PM
This years playoffs aren't going to be a cakewalk for anybody. And Houston might pose more of a threat in round 2 than most people seem to realize.
Yea, I feel the same way, Im just glad that my boys dont have to plat the Jazz, I think that either team out of that series could give yall fits. And I am not lookin forward to having to deal with the Suns myself, but, 10 days away, cant wait!

aaronstampler
04-11-2007, 09:26 PM
I think there is a much bigger chance of Melo taking a cheap shot on Bruce or Manu than of us being upset. We're a horrible match-up for them.

Budkin
04-11-2007, 09:34 PM
A team with two ball hogs is destined to fail.

John Patrick
04-11-2007, 09:51 PM
i fear Melo, AI as individuals, as asuo, with CAmby, not in the Nuggets offense, which can score, but not if thier shut down.

SPURS BREAD AND BUTTER-DEFENSE- will be what wins this series.

phyzik
04-11-2007, 10:06 PM
i fear Melo, AI as individuals, as asuo, with CAmby, not in the Nuggets offense, which can score, but not if thier shut down.

SPURS BREAD AND BUTTER-DEFENSE- will be what wins this series.

I had to read that like 3 times to understand it :spin

I think the asuo part through me off heh, did you mean a duo?

SequSpur
04-11-2007, 10:08 PM
you can blow me, cuz if the nuggets play the spurs, there is going to be alot of fuckin sweepin goin on in dis bitch.

you can take that back to those nappy headed hoes....

Borosai
04-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Imus in da House!

Voice of Truth
04-12-2007, 01:35 AM

IMHO The Nuggets will once again pull an upset. This one being this year

Voice of Truth
04-12-2007, 01:35 AM
you can blow me, cuz if the nuggets play the spurs, there is going to be alot of fuckin sweepin goin on in dis bitch.

Shut up bandwagon!

anonymous coward
04-12-2007, 02:43 AM

:tu

Rynospursfan
04-12-2007, 04:12 AM

Tim Duncan thinks T Park is retarded.

JPB
04-12-2007, 04:43 AM
Kings were supposed to have the biggest chances of upset vs the Spurs last year.
It seems like every year Spurs opponents have the biggest chances of upset.

sure, Denver is hot but Spurs have the better record after the ASG.

Besides, Spurs playoffs experience >>>>> Denver (not as individuals players but as a team with this roster). It's good to have a litlte RS streak, but playoffs ball is a different story. How will they react in difficult times against Spur frustrating D ?

We'll see it soon.

germanwunderkind41
04-12-2007, 05:43 AM

:lol :elephant :clap

Dude - that vid is great - what a chicken!

can u give me a link for that? is it on youtube?

have to send it to a german comedy show called tv total - pretty sure they´ll show it

germanwunderkind41
04-12-2007, 05:54 AM
:lol :elephant :clap

Dude - that vid is great - what a chicken!

can u give me a link for that? is it on youtube?

have to send it to a german comedy show called tv total - pretty sure they´ll show it

btw - can´t believe i´ve just 2 posts

i read in here since last seasons dallas - spurs series (didn´t post at the time cause i didn´t want to jinx my team posting on a rivals board.

But i have to say this board is one of the best out there with a lot of cool people who of course support their spurs but are pretty fair to other teams fans - props for that (of course their are others too but not many)

pretty much posters of other teams here

enjoy it being able to find this site

and apart of a possible WCF against the spurs i´ll try to post some more (sometimes a bit lazy - besides of that i´m from germany so when i´m in here u guys are sleeping or at work i guess and the other way around)

johngateswhiteley
04-12-2007, 06:34 AM

you're a Spurs fan?

nkdlunch
04-12-2007, 09:46 AM
IMHO The Nuggets will once again pull an upset. This one being this year

IMO the heat will lose in the first round. DWHINE sucks now

mabber
04-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Yea, I feel the same way, Im just glad that my boys dont have to plat the Jazz, I think that either team out of that series could give yall fits. And I am not lookin forward to having to deal with the Suns myself, but, 10 days away, cant wait!

Rockets will beat the Jazz. Mavs/Rockets should be good series. I'll say Mavs win in 5 or 6 games.

nkdlunch
04-12-2007, 10:05 AM
IMO here are the most dangerous teams for us in the playoffs in order:

Dallas
Jazz
Houston
Suns
Denver

it's actually good that we would only face 1 out of mavs/jazz/rockets

Mr. Body
04-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Rockets will beat the Jazz. Mavs/Rockets should be good series. I'll say Mavs win in 5 or 6 games.

A motivated Dallas team should have no problems with Houston, but if I'm not mistaken Yao was available in only the first game of the season series, a Houston win.

mabber
04-12-2007, 10:13 AM
A motivated Dallas team should have no problems with Houston, but if I'm not mistaken Yao was available in only the first game of the season series, a Houston win.

Correct, and the Mavs have always had trouble with Yao.

41times
04-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Correct, and the Mavs have always had trouble with Yao.

You are correct, but mainly in the 1st half. He kills us until he starts getting winded (which is often) usually by the end of the 3rd quarter he is less of a factor.

DarrinS
04-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Nuggets licking chops before playing the Spurs....

Nuggets licking their wounds after playing the Spurs....

:fro

41times
04-12-2007, 11:08 AM
The Nuggets are stupid if they are wanting to play the Spurs. But i suppose their alternatives are the Suns and or Mavs.

They are playing well but either way they can't beat any of those 3 teams in a 7 game series.

Cry Havoc
04-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Actually, I see the Jazz beating the Rockets and then taking the Mavs to at least 6 games. If the Mavs have to play the Warriors, then the Jazz, then the Spurs, they will face the three teams in the West that are most capable of beating them in order (I still think Mavs fans would rather see Nash in the WCF than Duncan).

They'll face teams that play to their weaknesses, as few as they have. It should be interesting. If the Warriors push it to 6, it might mean the Jazz have a shot to make it a 7 game series.

I seriously think the Jazz beat the Rockets in 6 though.

SpursFanInCO
04-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Tell carmelo to quit being silly! The Nuggets dont plat defense nor are they smart enough or disciplined to beat the Spurs. Honestly they will be lucky to win 2.

boutons_
04-12-2007, 11:36 AM
The Jazz have slumped badly since the ASB.

35-17 at ASB, .673

13 - 13 since ASB, .500

and a horrible 4-6 in Last10.

If the Tracy and Yao stay healthy, I think the Rockets will take the Jazz.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-12-2007, 11:44 AM
:lol @ Spurs Homers who think it will be a cakewalk

The realists know that it isnt anything like '05.

Melo is a much better all round player.
AI is a HOF and is deferring to Melo
Camby is a beast
Nene is starting to get more low post moves and is getting better every day
Blake is the perfect pass first player and doesnt need shots
JR and LK can do damage off the bench

This team is nothing like the one from '05 and no way does it go less than 6 games (no matter who wins, it will be in 6).

I just cant stop laughing at some people in here who think its going to be over in 4 or 5.

They have the pieces to play half court (not as good as the Spurs or Mavs but they can still do it), and that is much different to the team from '05.

DarrinS
04-12-2007, 11:50 AM

Camby is a beast

This team is nothing like the one from '05 and no way does it go less than 6 games (no matter who wins, it will be in 6).

I just cant stop laughing at some people in here who think its going to be over in 4 or 5.

They have the pieces to play half court (not as good as the Spurs or Mavs but they can still do it), and that is much different to the team from '05.

No playoff series are cakewalks. But, of all the teams that the Spurs could play in the opening round, I'm happy that its the Nuggets. Read into that whatever you like.

mardigan
04-12-2007, 11:54 AM

Camby is a beast

And I cant believe all the Nuggets fans here that are going crazy over a 7 game winning streak. All of the sudden you guys can beat the Spurs because of this dominant streak, good luck with that

Trainwreck2100
04-12-2007, 11:59 AM

Camby is a beast

Does your team play defense yet?

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-12-2007, 12:03 PM

When they need to. Just ask the Mavs or Clips :smokin

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-12-2007, 12:05 PM
And I cant believe all the Nuggets fans here that are going crazy over a 7 game winning streak. All of the sudden you guys can beat the Spurs because of this dominant streak, good luck with that

of course they can beat the Spurs, who cant?

mardigan
04-12-2007, 12:07 PM
of course they can beat the Spurs, who cant?
Well, the Nuggets this year.....

Dirk Nowitzki
04-12-2007, 12:12 PM

Camby is a beast

These are the same Spurs fans who think the Suns are like 2005 as well. They say that series will hardly be dramatic and will end in 5 games. :rolleyes :rolleyes

td4mvp21
04-12-2007, 12:27 PM
When they need to. Just ask the Mavs or Clips :smokin
Apparently they don't need to often because they have 36 losses.

Kobe'smyhomie
04-12-2007, 02:11 PM
I think SA would sweep the Nuggets. They have a better chance against the Suns.

T Park
04-12-2007, 02:15 PM

If they try to play in the halfcourt, then the Spurs will rip em apart.

Duncan will get Camby and Nene in foul trouble and there goes your front court D.

SpursFanInCO
04-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Seriously the Nuggs will be lucky to get 2 games...

NugzFan
04-12-2007, 05:27 PM
that does not take away from the fact that only a dumb retard would guarantee a gold medal on live TV. then look like an idiot receiving his bronze :lol

he did his part. cant blame melo at all for the bronze no matter how hard you try.

NugzFan
04-12-2007, 05:28 PM
If Melo could actually pass or hit a 3 than USA probably would've won.

blaming melo for the losses only makes you look bad. find another player or players to blame. melo played damn well. its not his fault at all.

NugzFan
04-12-2007, 05:29 PM
I think there is a much bigger chance of Melo taking a cheap shot on Bruce or Manu than of us being upset. We're a horrible match-up for them.

i dont get how spurs fans can keep saying this when bowen and manu have hurt so many other players. if you want to talk about cheap shots you have to be fair on both ends.

NugzFan
04-12-2007, 05:29 PM
A team with two ball hogs is destined to fail.

yeah that would suck- fortunately we dont have. try watching teh games first instead of using month-old stereotypes which have been proven false time and time again.

NugzFan
04-12-2007, 05:30 PM

yikes - making yourself look really really bad. :nope

NugzFan
04-12-2007, 05:33 PM

the 7 game winning streak only gives us proof that this team can be really good when its clicking. doesnt mean much more than that.

also gives us some good momentum going into the postseason which can be a good thing.

however in no way does it guarantee us a series win over the spurs. not even close as the spurs will still be BIG favorites in the series. but we do have a shot and its nice to read when spurs fans look at the potential series with an unbiased eye from both ends. many fans here dont do that and i pray the spurs do the same.

itll be a good series and most likely better than 2 years ago. i can honestly say that the nuggets and most nugget fans have a ton of respect for the spurs team.

NugzFan
04-12-2007, 05:33 PM

another poor stereotype. our D isnt great but nowhere near as bad as peoepl assume. (our opponents ppg is a direct result of our uptempo play - per possession we are average)

ALVAREZ6
04-12-2007, 05:42 PM
:lmao

Just like the Nuggets of 05 said they were gonna win that one too. Confidence is good, you gotta admire that confidence, but damn is Melo wrong.

Spurs in 5 again

DarrinS
04-12-2007, 05:51 PM
i dont get how spurs fans can keep saying this when bowen and manu have hurt so many other players. if you want to talk about cheap shots you have to be fair on both ends.

Who has Manu ever hurt? And Bowen might land on your foot, but BFD.

Vingianx
04-12-2007, 06:01 PM
the 7 game winning streak only gives us proof that this team can be really good when its clicking. doesnt mean much more than that.

also gives us some good momentum going into the postseason which can be a good thing.

however in no way does it guarantee us a series win over the spurs. not even close as the spurs will still be BIG favorites in the series. but we do have a shot and its nice to read when spurs fans look at the potential series with an unbiased eye from both ends. many fans here dont do that and i pray the spurs do the same.

itll be a good series and most likely better than 2 years ago. i can honestly say that the nuggets and most nugget fans have a ton of respect for the spurs team.

didn't they go on a hot streak in 05' towards the end of the season as well?

SpursFanInAustin
04-12-2007, 06:07 PM
didn't they go on a hot streak in 05' towards the end of the season as well?

Yeah, and this year they don't have their best defender on Duncan....IMO, that's Kenyon Martin.

Mavs<Spurs
04-12-2007, 06:23 PM
Although Camby can be a good post defender, Tim has manhandled him in the past (e.g. 99). With the Spurs penetration (Parker and Ginobili), Camby and Nene will probably get in foul trouble anyways.

Nuggets can't shoot from outside and don't have a very good half court offense. Their defense is also suspect.

I would not expect a sweep, but it will probably go five or six games at the max.

Spurs 24-3 in their last 27 games and this is a team that has been there and done it and got the rings to show for it.

Nuggets are a good team. So, I want to give them credit and Bruce cannot guard Anthony in the post.

Only team that can beat us is the Mavs and that series will in all probability go 7.

I still don't feel that the Suns can beat us 4 games out of 7.

mavs>spurs2
04-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Although Camby can be a good post defender, Tim has manhandled him in the past (e.g. 99). With the Spurs penetration (Parker and Ginobili), Camby and Nene will probably get in foul trouble anyways.

Nuggets can't shoot from outside and don't have a very good half court offense. Their defense is also suspect.

I would not expect a sweep, but it will probably go five or six games at the max.

Spurs 24-3 in their last 27 games and this is a team that has been there and done it and got the rings to show for it.

Nuggets are a good team. So, I want to give them credit and Bruce cannot guard Anthony in the post.

Only team that can beat us is the Mavs and that series will in all probability go 7.

I still don't feel that the Suns can beat us 4 games out of 7.

Agreed.

SequSpur
04-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Sweep Forum

howbouthemspurs
04-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Hahahahahahahaha!