PDA

View Full Version : Is Dwight Howard a "Fluke Player"???

LEONARD
04-11-2007, 08:31 AM
The Orlando loss was a fluke loss on a fluke dunk by a fluke player.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks Dwight Howard is overhyped

:dizzy

BeerIsGood!
04-11-2007, 09:41 AM
Dwight Howard is a rebounder and decent defender. His offense is attrocious most of the time. I'd say he has underachieved to this point due to his complete lack of offensive performance.

Flight3107
04-11-2007, 09:50 AM
I'd say he has underachieved to this point due to his complete lack of offensive performance.

:drunk

BeerIsGood!
04-11-2007, 10:01 AM
:drunk

You think his offensive game is where it should be given his talent level and physical attributes? If so, you have a very low image of Dwight Howard's potential. To say he underacheived doesn't mean he "sucks", just that he isn't playing to potential.

Flight3107
04-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Your right

17.6 PPG on 60% shooting IS "attrocious", I can see the light now.

mabber
04-11-2007, 10:16 AM
You think his offensive game is where it should be given his talent level and physical attributes? If so, you have a very low image of Dwight Howard's potential. To say he underacheived doesn't mean he "sucks", just that he isn't playing to potential.

Do you realize how young he is? Give him a chance. KG didn't come into the league dominating from the start.

BeerIsGood!
04-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Your right

17.6 PPG on 60% shooting IS "attrocious", I can see the light now.

Once again someone who's blinders lead them only to stats. His game is putbacks and dunks in close to the basket. He's not a go-to guy in the post. He lacks the post moves, footwork, and shooting touch to be a real impact player in the league. He may get that at some point in the future with the right coaching.

And yes, Mabber, I did forget for a second just how young the guy is. He has time to develop.

SpursDynasty
04-11-2007, 02:51 PM
His team is 8th place in the EAST. That's equivalent to about being the 15th best team in the NBA. The only East teams on the same level as any top 8 West team are Detroit and Miami.

Like I said, I don't care about individual stats. If your team's not winning, then stats don't mean anything but All-Star selections.

The fact that you need to PROVE I'm wrong shows much my statements might have a bit of truth to them that makes people uncomfortable. It's getting old.

I still say Dwight Howard is average. But who cares, the rest of you all are easily impressed by an 8th place Eastern Conference player and team.

monosylab1k
04-11-2007, 02:58 PM
His team is 8th place in the EAST. That's equivalent to about being the 15th best team in the NBA.

:lol :lol :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

OH MY GOD i will fully admit that when I read this part, I laughed so hard that I nearly shit myself.

SpursDynasty
04-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Yep, you guys are defending a player who's in the easier conference to begin with. And still only 8th best in the East.

You all are only doing to oppose my statement.

If I say Michael Finley will be key in the playoffs, you all would find a way to oppose it.

monosylab1k
04-11-2007, 03:01 PM
Yep, you guys are defending a player who's in the easier conference to begin with. And still only 8th best in the East.

If I say Michael Finley will be key in the playoffs, you all would find a way to oppose it.

Do you seriously not realize the incredible stupidity of what you wrote? That HAD to be one of those "purposely stupid" lines...

LEONARD
04-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Do you seriously not realize the incredible stupidity of what you wrote? That HAD to be one of those "purposely stupid" lines...

I don't think he does :lol :lol :lol

Poor Jeff...

monosylab1k
04-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Hey guys, BREAKING NEWS the San Antonio Spurs are THIRD in the WEST. That's equivalent to them being one of the top 5 teams in the NBA.

mardigan
04-11-2007, 03:04 PM

No, because you rarely say anything that has any merit. So what they are in the easier conference, doesnt take away from is individual talent.

SAtown
04-11-2007, 03:07 PM
:clap So SpursDynasty is officially the most popular poster on ST. Never have I seen so many threads (much less POLLS) on one poster.

monosylab1k
04-11-2007, 03:08 PM
LOL here's SpursDynasty thinking hard figuring it out before posting...

"hmmmm, there's 8 playoff teams from the West.....8 playoff teams from the East....8+8=16.......and if Orlando is 8th in the East, then THAT means..."

*light bulb goes on and SpursDynasty posts this gem of no-shit humor*

His team is 8th place in the EAST. That's equivalent to about being the 15th best team in the NBA.

Bandwagon Bill
04-11-2007, 03:21 PM
LOL here's SpursDynasty thinking hard figuring it out before posting...

"hmmmm, there's 8 playoff teams from the West.....8 playoff teams from the East....8+8=16.......and if Orlando is 8th in the East, then THAT means..."

*light bulb goes on and SpursDynasty posts this gem of no-shit humor*

If you look at records, Orlando may very well be behind non-playoff teams in the west. I'd take NO, GS, and the Clips all over Orlando. So your logic isn't completely koshier. Not to say Spurs Dynasty is smart enough to have thought of that - in another thread I tried to suggest that he's yanking people's chain because no one can be that stupid, and he promptly came in and declared that he is indeed - that stupid.

SpursDynasty
04-11-2007, 03:38 PM
Ok.....they're about the 15th best team in the east....that doesn't say "they are the 15th best"....read the damn post carefully before you make yourself look like an ass. I said "about" for the fact that some West teams suck too....Either way, the top 10 records in the West alone are better than seeds 5-8 in the East, so they're even lower than 15th.

I still don't see what's so damn funny.

And you guys are officially opposing everything I say simply to oppose everything I say. It's been that way all along.

The only one I can understand opposing from is saying the Spurs are the best team. PHX, DAL, or SA have arguments (though very weak for some of those teams) for being the best.

But you oppose me for saying Orlando sucks, that Houston is mediocre, and SA-DAL could've been a big game if scheduled earlier, and the sky is blue.

Get lives, fast.

stretch
04-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Ok.....they're about the 15th best team in the east....that doesn't say "they are the 15th best"....read the damn post carefully before you make yourself look like an ass. I said "about" for the fact that some West teams suck too....Either way, the top 10 records in the West alone are better than seeds 5-8 in the East, so they're even lower than 15th.

I still don't see what's so damn funny.

And you guys are officially opposing everything I say simply to oppose everything I say. It's been that way all along.

The only one I can understand opposing from is saying the Spurs are the best team. PHX, DAL, or SA have arguments (though very weak for some of those teams) for being the best.

But you oppose me for saying Orlando sucks, that Houston is mediocre, and SA-DAL could've been a big game if scheduled earlier, and the sky is blue.

Get lives, fast.
Grasp your ears firmly, and pull your head out of your ass.

monosylab1k
04-11-2007, 03:50 PM
the latest jeffdrums post was almost too confusing to respond to.

Ok.....they're about the 15th best team in the east....

But they're 8th in the East, remember? I didn't laugh at that part of it...they really ARE 8th in the East. LOL goodness gracious SpursDynasty has gone from delusional to just flat-out insane!

that doesn't say "they are the 15th best".

it doesn't? cuz you just fuckin' said that exact thing...

That's equivalent to about being the 15th best team in the NBA.

so you said it but you didn't?

....read the damn post carefully before you make yourself look like an ass.

i assume you forgot to write "Note To Self" before writing that.

mabber
04-11-2007, 03:51 PM
I really hope he's just having some fun and isn't this ridiculous.

SpursDynasty
04-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Here's what my last post comes down to (for those with no reading comprehension): The guy is laughing because I said since Orlando is 8th in the east, it makes them about the 15th best in the NBA. He didn't see the word "ABOUT" so laughed. Ha ha ha, funny. Now will you all end this thread and STFU already.

Nothing anyone says on here will get me to post on this thread again. Won't even be read. Later bitches.

monosylab1k
04-11-2007, 04:05 PM
The guy is laughing because I said since Orlando is 8th in the east, it makes them about the 15th best in the NBA.

No, what's hilarious is that all you did was a little simple arithmetic to decipher that Orlando was "about the 15th best team". But you realized that adding 8+8 and then calling them "16th best" would expose your lack of any coherent analysis, so you just put "about 15th best" to make it look like you put a minute level of real thought into it.

v2freak
04-11-2007, 04:15 PM
I wouldn't say he's anywhere near "great" right now, because I definitely agree with other posters - he hasn't reached his full potential. It's hard to slap a grade on him at the moment

cornbread
04-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Nothing anyone says on here will get me to post on this thread again. Won't even be read. Later bitches.
Sure Jeff. Just like when you told us you would never post on Spurstalk again. You'll probably just reply under a new screen name.

Leetonidas
04-11-2007, 09:43 PM
No, he is the truth, and he will be a monster in a few years. He needs to get some better post moves and better foot work because right now he is relying on freakish athleticism.

Kobulingam
04-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Dwight had a monster rebounding game tonight against the Pistons, but he sucked in every way else.

Yes he will improve. Should a GM offer him max money right now? Hell no.

Pugglekicker_21
04-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Tim Duncan says he is glad he'll be out of the NBA when Dwight howard is speaking. That shows that he thinks that Dwight isnt where he can be yet, but he will be dominat when he reachs full potential. I think Dwight will end up being one of the greats when his career is done, and I'd rather have him on my team than Emeka Okafor. With some good coaching, hard practice, this kid will be sick. Anybody who scares Tim is someone I'd want on my squad. Someone who scares Ron Artest, even more.

Oh, and to SpursDynasty...

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u235/pugglekicker_21/shut20the20fuck20up.gif

and..

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u235/pugglekicker_21/bbc5d8429a3a0268f463910013e06c17.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u235/pugglekicker_21/thupass.jpg

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-12-2007, 05:00 AM
Tim also said Amare scared him 2005. Tim's a cool cat who gives his props.

But I think Howard has a lot of upside. He's gotten his rebounding down.. How many 20 plus rebound games has he had this season? He's definitely an athletic freak of nature. Now all he has to do is work on his offensive game. Polish his defensive presence. He'll be a great center/big man, the league has sorely been lacking, they've been few and far between, after Timmy/Shaq...Yao .

That's why Timmy is so great (though he had college) he already was pretty complete his rookie year.

Now this Spursdynasty Jeff guy? is he for fucking real? I usually ignore the inane posts. But mann...he's giving me a headache this week. :dizzy

LEONARD
04-12-2007, 08:11 AM
Now this Spursdynasty Jeff guy? is he for fucking real? I usually ignore the inane posts. But mann...he's giving me a headache this week. :dizzy

Jeff is the real deal... :hat

HeyIt'sMe
04-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Dwight plays with the worst group of passing PGs in the league, while having to depend on the oft-injured Grant Hill and streaky Hedo Turkoglu for secondary scoring. Not to mention, Brian Hill is the worst coach in the league and flat out blows at developing players.

The Magic, without Dwight Howard, would be lucky to have 15 wins. They have terrible talent around Dwight.

Kobe'smyhomie
04-12-2007, 02:04 PM
What kind of idiot would say that??

:smokin

dallaskd
04-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Gerald Wallace.