PDA

View Full Version : Henson to start this weekend for the Cowboys

SequSpur
11-20-2004, 02:41 AM
Testaverde is sick.

:lol

SpursFanInAustin
11-20-2004, 09:24 AM
Vinny was sick on Thursday and Henson took all the snaps with the first team to fill in. The Next day, friday, Vinny was back to start with the first team. Henson's not gonna play. BP wont traumatize him by having his first start of his NFL career vs the Ravens defense.

rr2418
11-20-2004, 02:55 PM
Replaceing Vinnie is not the answer people! Vinnie, Henson, or the third string QB(I can't seem to remember his name),can not go and play DEFENSE, which is the Cowboys biggest problem! If the defense was playing like last year, the Cowboys might be 4-4 or 5-3.

scott
11-20-2004, 09:55 PM
No one has implied that starting Henson will fix the defense or win more games... the call for Henson is not because replacing Vinny is the "answer." The call for Henson is because we won't make the playoffs next year and we need to see what we have in Henson because Vinny is so old he owes Moses a dollar.

Louae
11-23-2004, 03:58 PM
it was nice to see Henson out there. We need to give him some reps and see what he has. Mind as well get him in there and give him some experience. I'd rather have him learn this year while the season is lost than next year.

rr2418
11-23-2004, 05:51 PM
My reply on 11-20-04 was in response to alot of people(outside this forum too) who think that replacing Vinnie was going to "suddenly" solve the teams problems. Right now outside of the injuries, the biggest problem is the defense. Vinnie has put up some numbers and yes, has thrown some INT's. But with Vinnie always having to play catch up, some forced throws are bound to happen. Now that the Cowboys are mathematically out of the playoffs, yes, it is a good idea to put in Henson. He was poised and directed the offense well. But Henson might experiance the same play(Vinnie), if the defense continues to play bad.