PDA

View Full Version : Vonage: Opinions

MrChug
04-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Does anyone have a true horror story about Vonage? How is their service? Anyone have a GOOD endorsement?

I've been told 3 separate times by unrelated acquaintances that the onion comes when you try to cancel. Anyone know about this?

Moving back to San Antonio (f'in excited)...HELP :spin

MrChug
04-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Does anyone have a true horror story about Vonage? How is their service? Anyone have a GOOD endorsement?

I've been told 3 separate times by unrelated acquaintances that the onion comes when you try to cancel. Anyone know about this?

Moving back to San Antonio (f'in excited)...HELP

MrChug
04-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Wait...sorry for the repost.

leemajors
04-11-2007, 10:08 PM
they'll bill you for at least one month after cancellation, guaranteed.

AlamoSpursFan
04-11-2007, 10:10 PM
I've heard if you try to cancel, they make you wear a lobster suit and walk through a revolving door.

MrChug
04-12-2007, 09:34 AM
I've heard if you try to cancel, they make you wear a lobster suit and walk through a revolving door.

Is that all? Well hell, I do that for fun anyway! :clap

u2sarajevo
04-12-2007, 09:51 AM
I've been using Vonage for almost 2 years now. I think you will be pleased. Some caveats are if you have an alarm on your house... but there are ways around that.

leemajors
04-12-2007, 09:58 AM
i had vonage, and the service wasn't bad. it was just cheaper to go bundled with time warner, saved me $15 a month. vonage does charge a termination fee in those cases, and continued to bill me for two months after both time warner and i contacted them to cancel. that part was awful.

nkdlunch
04-12-2007, 10:02 AM
I used it for years. At first I had bad problems cause my wireless router was interfeering w/my vonage line. I called them pissed off to cancel. They were pretty cool and hooked me up with their own type of wireless router and even gave me 4 free months after I bitched for a little.

Now my service is good.

Their customer service does not seem too bad in my opinion. If you try to cancel they will try to keep you by giving you free months, etc. But it's not that bad, if I really wanted to, I would have easily canceled.

CubanMustGo
04-12-2007, 10:22 AM
There is this little issue that they have a huge suit brought against them by someone (Verizon?) for copyright infringment and have been losing at every step. Last week they were actually barred from signing up new customers - got a restraining order, but be aware that if they continue to lose they will either go out of biz or have to pony up big bucks to Verizon ... in which case all those cheap rates won't be so cheap any more.

Congrats on returning to SA ... tho if you have been gone for more than a coupla years you are going to be amazed at some of the changes. 410 still sucks, that never changes. :lol

boutons_
04-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Not quite as convenient (but you can get a skype phone), but skype is great.

I pay a little over a $1/month to call anywhere in USA/Canada unlimited minutes to non-skype numbers, have free calling to skype users with optional video, and extremely cheap skype calling to foreign countries.