PDA

View Full Version : The starting SG?

djohn14
04-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Come playoff time who do you think will be the starting SG? Manu is the best, but will he continue the 6th man role? Will Barry get another shot? Will Finley's great play as of late earn him the job? Or will they all die and us have to use James White? I had to put him in somehow.

Leetonidas
04-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Finley, definitely.

powerpower
04-11-2007, 09:14 PM
manulito

Darkwaters
04-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Finley.

Although, depending on matchups I think Manu could start from time to time. But, mostly Finley.

John Patrick
04-11-2007, 09:44 PM
i only voted the James White one as a dumb joke.

finley, becauswe its proven you dont move the hot hand at the moment, and i like Barry and Manu coming off the bench. Barry's 3 and Manu slash are what I'd want to back up Fin's strong play.

Pugglekicker_21
04-11-2007, 09:55 PM
I like Manu as the starter, but the way Fin's been playing I'd rather want him in there.

But it sucks that Manu probaly wont win sixth Man..

rocyaice
04-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Finley is beasting right now. He hasn't looked this good in years. Well maybe I shouldn't say years. He was great in the post season last year.

jaespur21
04-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Id have to go with Finley because hes playing so well with the starters and it sucks that manu doesnt start. bcuz for whatever reason the big 3 dont jump out to a good lead

Taking it to the Hole
04-11-2007, 10:48 PM
I think Finley deserves to start because he seems to settle in a quicker rhythm as a starter. Quicker than Barry for sure. I think bringing Manu off the bench should be something that should stay throughout the playoffs. We really need to use Manu's energy as a "trump" card to counter matchup problems. I like what Bonner has been doing off the bench seeing as he is being more effective than Horry, but really Horry suprises people come playoff time. Wouldn't be suprised if he has one big series.

lefty
04-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Beno :lol

I love Tony Parker
04-11-2007, 11:05 PM
Finley because he has been awsome I just hope Manu dosent get inpatient and want to leave for a team that will make him a starter! Brent Barry has not really showed me anything!! Bowen sure as hell hasnt! HE CANT FUCKIN BUY A DAMN BUCKET!!!! Hell if anything POP can pull Bowen out tha line up and have Finley and Manu in together!!!

TMTTRIO
04-11-2007, 11:39 PM
I would go with Finley since he's been playing awesome. At this point I'm just hoping Manu starts playing better than he has lately because we're still going to need him to show up in the playoffs.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Findog, because he has a more reliable mid range jumper AND

Barry's sharp shooting can help Manu out of the focused defenses.

Samr
04-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Finley. Get him going in the playoffs early, let him find his rhythm in the first round, when the games shouldn't be as tough. Barry is used to coming off the bench and producing, as opposed to finley who does need the adjustment period when he comes out cold.

Let Manu be Manu. You think the spark is effective now? Just wait until the playoffs, when other teams play their starters more minutes, and he gets to play against fatigued and, later in the series, desperate starters, as opposed to a fresh secondary unit. Fact of the matter is, the bench always gets trimmed in the post-season, despite a strategic advantage in doing the contrary, for the sake of immediate wins. There is no pacing in the playoffs. Manu MUST come off the bench for this very reason, because in the later rounds, he will tear it all up against the dead bodies.

milkyway21
04-12-2007, 03:45 AM
wow:wow with a lot of Finley haters here i never expected him getting a vote.

let me see what Finley thinks on starting folks,
-----------------------------

Michael Finley is on the verge of creating a bit of controversy, so he wants to make something perfectly clear: No matter how well he plays as a starter in Brent Barry's absence, he remains perfectly happy coming off the bench.

The former Mavericks star has relived his glory days in the past four games, starting all four and enjoying two strong games, including a 19-point, 10-rebound effort in Thursday's must-have win over Phoenix.

Those are better numbers than Barry has posted on most occasions as a starter this season. But like everyone else in the team-oriented Spurs organization, Finley looks forward to the day his teammate returns so the club can enter the playoffs at full strength.

"I just have to stay mentally focused coming off the bench," the veteran said after a 40-minute stint as a starter in Saturday's win over Golden State. "If I do that, I should be OK."

mathbzh
04-12-2007, 03:46 AM
Finley
If it is not broken don't fix it.

Rynospursfan
04-12-2007, 04:02 AM
Bones for sure. Fin and Manu off the bench.

Jimcs50
04-12-2007, 08:32 AM
Lets go back in time 2 months and make this poll.

There would have been another choice:

-Cut Finley

And this would have been the most popular choice, believe me.

:lol

Rynospursfan
04-13-2007, 01:43 AM
Lets go back in time 2 months and make this poll.

There would have been another choice:

-Cut Finley

And this would have been the most popular choice, believe me.

:lol

That is why Barry needs to start. Finley is playing great lately but he is a bench player. Barry helps spread the floor has better passing and better defense than Fin Dawg.

Horry For 3!
04-13-2007, 04:02 AM
Finley should be the starting SG while Manu comes off the bench. It has been working for awhile now.