PDA

View Full Version : Police, Protesters Clash at UTSA

01Snake
04-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Police, protesters clash at UTSA

Web Posted: 04/12/2007 12:47 AM CDT

Melissa Ludwig
Express-News

A simmering illegal-immigration debate at the University of Texas at San Antonio— where 45 percent of students are Hispanic — erupted into a heated protest Wednesday during an outdoor speech by Chris Simcox, founder of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, a group of volunteers who patrol the Mexican border to stop immigrants from entering the country illegally.

UTSA's chapter of the Young Conservatives of Texas invited Simcox to speak to draw attention to the lack of security on the border, said Laura Morales, the group's executive director.

Liberal groups descended on the Simcox talk, booing and chanting "Racist, fascist go away!" into bullhorns throughout the speech and clashing with university police, who were pushing them away from the stage. The spectacle drew a crowd of about 750 to the university's Sombrilla Plaza, making it perhaps the largest culture clash on campus to date.

Before the protest, school administrators asked protesters to allow Simcox to speak without interference, but they resisted.

"This guy represents hatred and murdering of immigrants on the border," said senior Jonathan Bryant. "We're not just going to sit back and let that happen."

Struggling to be heard amid the noise, Simcox scolded the audience for their behavior.

"Thank God I taught kindergarten for the past 13 years; it helped me prepare for this kind of crap," he said. "What you see here is a vigilante lynch mob."

Police pushed back the mass of angry students, and at least one protester fell , but no one was arrested. When Simcox left earlier than planned, the crowd cheered wildly.

In his speech, Simcox said he believed in immigrants' rights, and that his Minutemen stood watch on the border to rescue the families from dying in the desert. He also called the North American Free Trade Agreement an economic disaster and said Latin America needed to do more to help its citizens.

"We are not haters," Simcox said. "We are trying to solve a problem."

Though Simcox's platform sounded measured, protesters weren't buying it.

"He's racist," said Justin Felux, a member of the Student Worker Teacher Alliance, the group that organized the protest. "It's a continuation of the Ku Klux Klan border watch in the 1970s."

Fliers distributed by Felux's group claimed the Minutemen are linked with white supremacist organizations, a claim that Simcox denies.

"He's not racist, he cares about the border and he cares about America," said Morales, director of the conservative group. "It was the great philosopher John Locke who told us if the government is not providing for you, you have the right to do something for yourself."

Earlier this year, Morales' group gathered signatures to remove the so-called "border crossing statue," a bronze sculpture in the Sombrilla plaza on campus that depicts a family crossing the border. Like the Simcox event, the petition drew more protesters than supporters.

UTSA's isn't the only Young Conservatives chapter sparking controversy on campus. In 2005, members at the University of North Texas in Denton drew criticism for staging a mock roundup of undocumented immigrants. Passersby won a candy bar if they "caught" another student wearing a shirt marked "illegal immigrant."

Morales said she supported the Denton students' effort, but would not do the same at UTSA because it "would not come off as well."

Carla De Leon, a 23-year-old criminal justice major who stopped to read the anti-Simcox flier, said she didn't agree with the civilian border patrols. Her parents both crossed the border from Mexico and are now U.S. citizens, she said.

"I am surprised how they could do this at such a diverse university," De Leon said. "He's lucky that he was born here. Because otherwise he would be going through the same struggles" as immigrants.

Buddy Holly
04-12-2007, 09:21 AM
I watched a recap on the news (29) and the first thing I thought of is I wish I was there because I would have gotten myself and my friends to scream:

"WE HAVE NOTHING TO SAY! EXCEPT WE LOVE TO SHOUT!"

Over and over again.

AlamoSpursFan
04-12-2007, 09:42 AM
I saw this idiotic display on KSAT myself. There is nothing funnier than a bunch of misinformed or just plain ignorant buffoons trying their level best to drown out someone they THINK they don't agree with.

:lol

midgetonadonkey
04-12-2007, 10:40 AM
I watched 10 minutes of it and it was entertaining as hell.

degenerate_gambler
04-12-2007, 10:58 AM
Funny...utsa trying to act like a real university?

T Park
04-12-2007, 11:23 AM
The idiots shouting compared him to a nazi.

Do people have a fucking brain anymore?

Christ.

dougp
04-12-2007, 11:29 AM

Christ.
Obviously not - they see an outward appearance and don't facilitate their position by providing themselves with evidence on someone's stance.

They think he wants to shoot and rape all people crossing the border.

Jekka
04-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Funny...utsa trying to act like a real university?
:lol the first thing that came to mind with the thread title was, "What the shit? They actually managed something resembling a protest?"

Seriously, I didn't think there was any part of UTSA organized enough to pull something like that off.

METALMiKE
04-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Only in SA I guess.:)

CharlieMac
04-12-2007, 05:03 PM

Christ.

Yeah, I was there, it was fucking ridiculous. People see cameras and they act like retards. Plus, they were shouuting at the UTSA police like the police are supposed to let them approach the Simcox dude to his face.

Buddy Holly
04-12-2007, 05:05 PM
I heard Don Imus called them all nappy headed ho's.

T Park
04-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Well they are ripping the guy to death and they call him a nazi and its farthest from the truth.

All they do is prevent illegals from crossing the border and send them back.

I mean, gosh darn when the heck did protecting your property become a horrible thing?

Buddy Holly
04-12-2007, 05:40 PM
Well they are ripping the guy to death and they call him a nazi and its farthest from the truth.

All they do is prevent illegals from crossing the border and send them back.

I mean, gosh darn when the heck did protecting your property become a horrible thing?

The property that belonged to them before or the property that belonged to the Native Americans?

I know, I know. They're taking jobs away from Americans. Yes, those obese and lazy Americans are so trying to finish high school and get into college so one day they can do manual labor or work in the shit filled service industry.

Oh but they cheat us out of taxes. THEY DON'T PAY THEM! Argh! Well neither do most multi millionaires esp. those CEO's. I don't see those Minutemen outside their homes or skyscrapers keeping shit legit.

T Park
04-12-2007, 05:41 PM
:rolleyes

dougp
04-12-2007, 05:41 PM
The property that belonged to them before or the property that belonged to the Native Americans?
You'd be smart to watch where you're coming from, as a developer.

T Park
04-12-2007, 05:43 PM
If your so ridden with guilt buddy about your property, give it up and move to another country then.

FlyHigh07
04-12-2007, 05:44 PM
If your so ridden with guilt buddy about your property, give it up and move to another country then.

Well, you know, I hate gay people. I let it be known I don't like gay people. I don't like to be around gay people. I'm homophobic. It shouldn't be in the world, in the United States, I don't like it. :smokin

Buddy Holly
04-12-2007, 05:46 PM

Wow, such a well thought out response.

"Get da hell out my country boy!"

Wanna start putting some tanning lotion on the back of your neck?

Buddy Holly
04-12-2007, 05:48 PM
If your so ridden with guilt buddy about your property.

I'm not, but I don't go around like some arrangant jackass and tell people all those Minutemen are doing is protecting our property.

But basically you mean the Governments property. Not yours, mine, or ours.

Buddy Holly
04-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Here's a novel idea. Why not spend our time and resources trying to better America, its peoplem its quailty of life. Instead of spending god knows how much on a worthless war, on a state-of-the-art 300 mile privacy fence. Insane public works projects (the bridge that leads to nowhere a quick example) Just you know, thinking outloud here.

T Park
04-12-2007, 05:52 PM

whatever.

Wow, such a well thought out response.

"Get da hell out my country boy!"

Wanna start putting some tanning lotion on the back of your neck?

Yes, and the native american comment was soooo well thought out.

stuff it.

T Park
04-12-2007, 05:53 PM
Why not spend our time and resources trying to better America, its people. Instead spending god knows how much on a worthless war, on a state-of-the-art 300 mile privacy fence. Just you know, thinking outloud here.

Yeah keeping illegals out that could harm our country and currently run up our health care costs, thats not bettering america.

Worthless war :rolleyes

I guess my cousin thats over that believes in the cause, is worthless as well is he?

More genius insight from lance bass

Buddy Holly
04-12-2007, 05:54 PM

whatever.

Who says genius can't start twice... in a row.

Yes, and the native american comment was soooo well thought out.

stuff it.

It wasn't well thought out, simply because I didn't need much thought input to come up with something I learned in history class 15 years ago. Now, are you smarter than a fifth grader?

T Park
but I don't go around like some arrangant jackass and tell people all those Minutemen are doing is protecting our property.

So what exactly is the evil that they are doing?

T Park
It wasn't well thought out, simply because I didn't need much thought input to come up with something I learned in history class. Now, are you smarter than a fifth grader?

What the fuck?

Buddy Holly
04-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Yeah keeping illegals out that could harm our country and currently run up our health care costs, thats not bettering america.

So how many terrorist attacks did those Mejicans throw down on America in the last I don't know, 50, 60, 70 years?

Do you honestly believe American lives are at risk because Paco and Jaun and Rosa swam the River? Really? But then you have them Canadian borders where there manned by some jerk off in a some shack who's broadcasting his image from hundreds of miles away. Yeah, that's totally safer.

Worthless war :rolleyes

Well that emoticon sure changed my opinion. Never mind, it hasn't been worthless. Parents of the dead soliders from both America and Iraq, fear not your children died not in vein for the rolling of the eyes emoticon says it has not been a worthless war!

I guess my cousin thats over that believes in the cause, is worthless as well is he?

I said your cousin is worthless? Where? Did I say two of my friends are worthless? My cousins girlfriend as well. When did I call them worthless?

Buddy Holly
04-12-2007, 06:02 PM
So what exactly is the evil that they are doing?

When did I say what they're doing is evil?

Jesus, either you can't read or you just like to make shit up. I can't tell.

Buddy Holly
04-12-2007, 06:05 PM
What the fuck?

So you are not smarter than a fifth grader.

Bigzax
04-12-2007, 06:12 PM
damn illegals are taking mouses jobs.

01Snake
04-12-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm not, but I don't go around like some arrangant jackass and tell people all those Minutemen are doing is protecting our property.

What else are they doing?

Buddy Holly
04-12-2007, 06:15 PM
What else are they doing?

They're stopping Mexicans from crossing the border. Pretty damn simple to figure out. What there motives are, I don't know. Whether it's personal or social. I don't know. Whether it's genuine or fullfilling an agenda. I don't know.

But if you ask me what they're doing out there, well the answer like I said before is very easy.

Bigzax
04-12-2007, 06:17 PM
They're stopping Mexicans from crossing the border.

only the ones that run in a straight line of sight.

01Snake
04-12-2007, 06:21 PM
So the Minutemen are bad because they are trying to slow the flow of illegal immigrants into this country. Sounds logical to me.

T Park
04-12-2007, 06:25 PM
o1

i gave up, don't try :lol

Buddy Holly
04-12-2007, 06:37 PM
So the Minutemen are bad because they are trying to slow the flow of illegal immigrants into this country. Sounds logical to me.

I said they're bad? Damn, the O'Reilly twin dimwits don't stop. :dramaquee

I say something about land and you jackasses get "evil" and "bad."

01Snake
04-12-2007, 06:49 PM
So how many terrorist attacks did those Mejicans throw down on America in the last I don't know, 50, 60, 70 years?

So as long as they are not coming into the country to commit acts of terrorism, they should be free to come and go as they please?

Do you honestly believe American lives are at risk because Paco and Jaun and Rosa swam the River? Really? But then you have them Canadian borders where there manned by some jerk off in a some shack who's broadcasting his image from hundreds of miles away. Yeah, that's totally safer.

Do you honestly think the only reason border-enforcement is needed is to prevent terrorists from entering the country? Every year, 500,000 additional illegal aliens enter the United States. While not all pose threats to American lives, they sure as fuck pose a threat to our wallets. Hell, illegal aliens cost the federal government $10 billion more annually than they pay in taxes in addition to another $750 million annually to house the 18,000 illegal aliens in California prisons alone. So please don't act like illegal immigrants do not pose a threat to this country.

As for the Canadian border...when was the last time you saw millions of Canadians trying to sneak into the US via the Canadian Border? How many of the 10.4 million illegal aliens in the United States are Canadians?

I have ZERO problem with people coming into the US, as long as they do it LEGALLY!

Buddy Holly
04-12-2007, 06:50 PM
o1

i gave up, don't try :lol

You gave up because all you seem to bring to the discussion is :rolleyes and variations on said :rolleyes as well as Lance Bass name drops and variations on that as well. You can only get so far with that material. Especially when your actual "intellictual" nuggets are underwhelming imbecilic.

Buddy Holly
04-12-2007, 07:02 PM
So as long as they are not coming into the country to commit acts of terrorism, they should be free to come and go as they please?

That's what you got from that? Tell me you left your reading comprehension in your other pants pocket.

Do you honestly think the only reason border-enforcement is needed is to prevent terrorists from entering the country? Every year, 500,000 additional illegal aliens enter the United States. While not all pose threats to American lives, they sure as fuck pose a threat to our wallets.

Hey genius, explain this one to me. How so, exactly. And please don't post some BS article from some BS right wing rag. In plain english, from your own brain, how are illegals (who have been entering the US since before Cheech and Chong were Cheech and Chong) now all of a sudden a threat to our wallets? Threat down!

Hell, illegal aliens cost the federal government $10 billion more annually than they pay in taxes in addition to another $750 million annually to house the 18,000 illegal aliens in California prisons alone. So please don't act like illegal immigrants do not pose a threat to this country.

That's a threat? The Government of the United States has to pony up 10,750,000,000 a year on the brownies? That's like asking Bill Gates to buy a 10 dollar candy bar every day for his entire life. I doubt he really gives a shit.

Do you know how much the Government spends on bullshit? Stuff you seem perfectly fine to pay for? But the guys crossing the border, that's the problem. That's going to be the end of the Grand Ol' United States of America?

As for the Canadian border...when was the last time you saw millions of Canadians trying to sneak into the US via the Canadian Border? How many of the 10.4 million illegal aliens in the United States are Canadians?

So its not about the safety of the people, you admit it. It's about brown people from a poor country coming over the river to make a better life for themselves as opposed to any number of middle eastern of hell, Korean terrorist who have hard ons for destroying this country you so proudly want to protect... from Mexicans.

And yeah, not too many Canucks sneaking into the US when they have universal health care, have leaders who don't think the invisible guy in the sky is leading through him (aka, you mention religion up there and your political career is basically over), fantastic gun control laws and lastly no need to compensate. Why the fuck would they want to illegal come here? Now Mexicans, they want to. And they have damn good reasons.

I have ZERO problem with people coming into the US, as long as they do it LEGALLY!

Like the people who founded, settled and built this country! The IRONY!

Buddy Holly
04-12-2007, 07:23 PM
I honestly don't care if Mexicans cross the border, I honestly don't care if middle age men with no social lives stand guard 24/7 to catch and return them. Why, because unless the Mexicans are bringing over drugs or guns or bombs or Anna Nicole clones and unless the middle age men are stabbing and killing then dumping the Mexicans in the rivers or desert graves I see neither as doing anything wrong. True, quite a contradictory. Fucking sue me. Life is a contradictory.

And illegal Mexicans are as much of a threat to Americans as your neighborhood white kid getting abducted. The news over sensationalizes almost everything and it's not my fault half of America is dumb enough to fall for it.

Don't give me this illegal shit either, because you want to get technical with the illegal rule. Let's do so. Next time you drive past the speed limit, a middle age man will pull you over and take your car away. Next time you download copyrighted material without paying for it. A middle age man will come over to your home or office and pull your heart out Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom style. It's illegal to steal bread or milk but if you had no money and your family was starving to death, you'd steal it. That's life, the survival of the fittest and Mexicans know this, nature selects the strong and discards the weak. That's why they come here, for a better life. I choose not to loom down on them because I'm an American or because I'm not poor. If they want to come here and do there damn hardest to raise their family so that they have a chance or just come here to make 5 bucks an hour so they can send it back to their family in Mexico or any other country. Who the fuck am I to tell them 'sorry, get the fuck out of my country' because they crossed some bullshit invisible line.

While this country has an Administration in office that committ treason, we're balls to the wall too damn concerned about illegals, Imus and his black people insult, Anna and her shit, Sanjaya and whatever the fuck he's on the news none stop for. We have a war we're losing, a war that we went into because of lies after lies. An administration so corrupt they fire 8 U.S. lawyers because they didn't kiss Bush ass enough.

But fuck all that. Who's the Daddy?

mookie2001
04-12-2007, 07:36 PM
I agree with AGsnake, and somewhat with tpark

we shouldnt be rounding up people and sending them back, but we need to shut the border down like no other, its a security risk, much much more than extremist muslims

Its a fact that immigration is bringing down wages

not one person should ever cross that border illegally, its a shame to this country that we cant solve this problem

whats even more shameful is that President George W. Bush promised to solve this problem when elected

the problem got worse

Rick Perry did the same

the problem got worse

since the neocons took this state over- the problem has gotten worse

the fact is neoconservative globalists like Bush and Perry NEED illegals for cheap labor, they need clear social classes, separation between the rich and the poor to be more neocon

its obvious that the goal is a north american union, and people that call themselves "conservative" totally look the other way, blaming Mexicans, mexicans and hispanics

01Snake
04-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Hey genius, explain this one to me. How so, exactly. And please don't post some BS article from some BS right wing rag. In plain english, from your own brain, how are illegals (who have been entering the US since before Cheech and Chong were Cheech and Chong) now all of a sudden a threat to our wallets? Threat down!

Who said anything about "all of the sudden"? This has been a problem since before Cheech and Chong. Don't act like this is something new.

That's a threat? The Government of the United States has to pony up 10,750,000,000 a year on the brownies? That's like asking Bill Gates to buy a 10 dollar candy bar every day for his entire life. I doubt he really gives a shit.

So, your saying that since the US has so much money, its okay for us to spend almost $11B a year on ILLEGALS? Thats a wonderful way of looking at it. Where do you think all the money the US Gov has comes from? Do you really think people want there hard-earned cash used to support the millions of people who bypassed the process of coming to this country legally? I know I don't.

Do you know how much the Government spends on bullshit? Stuff you seem perfectly fine to pay for? But the guys crossing the border, that's the problem. That's going to be the end of the Grand Ol' United States of America?

Sure the Government spends a shitload of money on stupid shit but that sure as hell doesn't mean its okay to drop billions on supporting illegal immigrants now does it? Is it our Government's job to not only support our poor citizens but those of other countries as well? Uncle Sam isn't running an orphanage.

So its not about the safety of the people, you admit it. It's about brown people from a poor country coming over the river to make a better life for themselves as opposed to any number of middle eastern of hell, Korean terrorist who have hard ons for destroying this country you so proudly want to protect... from Mexicans.

Lets not try and make this out to be a racist thing because it's not. I welcome ANYONE into this country to pursue the American Dream. But God damn can you at least sign the guest registry on the way in? Get in line like the rest of the immigrants and wait your damn turn to get in. This goes for white, black, brown, yellow and even purple people. Just go through the proper channels and enter this country LEGALLY.

And yeah, not too many Canucks sneaking into the US when they have universal health care, have leaders who don't think the invisible guy in the sky is leading through him (aka, you mention religion up there and your political career is basically over), fantastic gun control laws and lastly no need to compensate. Why the fuck would they want to illegal come here? Now Mexicans, they want to. And they have damn good reasons.

Canada is such a wonderful place that Americans are pulling up stakes and moving there in record numbers aren't they?

Universal Healthcare isn't all its cracked up to be. Health Care in Ontario is free, but the quality of health care provided in most areas is second rate at best. Any decent doctors Canada produces end up going to the US or abroad where they can make more money and pay less taxes. They have have a few world class facilities in the big cities, but for the most part the care you receive sucks ass. And you spend 2-3 hours in the waiting room every time you make an appointment because our doctors are all overbooked with patients. Mind you this is from a buddy of mine living in Canada.

T Park
04-12-2007, 08:08 PM
Bravo snake, bravo.

01Snake
04-12-2007, 08:18 PM
If all else fails...attack the president. :rolleyes

mookie2001
04-12-2007, 08:24 PM
if by "attack" you mean point out that he and his cronies have done absolutly NOTHING about this problem for 15 years, in fact they made it much much worse

01Snake
04-12-2007, 08:28 PM
if by "attack" you mean point out that he and his cronies have done absolutly NOTHING about this problem for 15 years, in fact they made it much much worse

Wasn't directed at you really. I was more commenting on the "Bouton-Like" response from BH.

I agree that the Bush Administration has done nothing to help resolve the problem. They basically did what every other administration has done before it..NOTHING!! The Repugs and Dems will not address the issue due to the HUGE Hispanic voting population. Unfortunately both parties care more about votes than doing whats right for this country.

mookie2001
04-12-2007, 08:30 PM
why don't you stand with a true conservative like Dr. Ron Paul?

mookie2001
04-12-2007, 08:38 PM
http://blogs.chron.com/whitehouse/archives/RonPaul_flag.jpg2008

Buddy Holly
04-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Who said anything about "all of the sudden"? This has been a problem since before Cheech and Chong. Don't act like this is something new.

Really. So building the 300 mile wall, illegals being a threat, making english the offical langauge, minute men, cities with hundred of thousands of marchers has been an issue and has been happening since before C&C? No. Yes, illegal immagration has been an issue for years, no one has denied that. But to the extent it is now, bullshit. It's the little croc that is nice and cute for the first few years and then it grows to be a pain and SOMETHING must be down! Get rid of it, kill it, whatever.

So, your saying that since the US has so much money, its okay for us to spend almost $11B a year on ILLEGALS? Thats a wonderful way of looking at it. Where do you think all the money the US Gov has comes from? Do you really think people want there hard-earned cash used to support the millions of people who bypassed the process of coming to this country legally? I know I don't.

Yeah, they want $463 billion a year spent by the Pentagon bureaucracy. Yay!

Sure the Government spends a shitload of money on stupid shit but that sure as hell doesn't mean its okay to drop billions on supporting illegal immigrants now does it?

Why not? It's ok to spend 100 times as much on a war based on lies that in itself is illegal. That's fine and dandy but the illegals, not so much. Fuck human life, who needs to help it when we can spend money to end it.

Is it our Government's job to not only support our poor citizens but those of other countries as well? Uncle Sam isn't running an orphanage.

So it's our Government's job to police and protect our country but those of other countries as well? Uncle Sma isn't running a police acadmeny., Well, yes he is.

Lets not try and make this out to be a racist thing because it's not. I welcome ANYONE into this country to pursue the American Dream. But God damn can you at least sign the guest registry on the way in?

Mexicans make up only 57 percent of the illegal immigrants with another 24 percent coming from Central American and South American countries, approximately 9 percent from Asia, 6 percent from Europe and Canada, with the remaining 4 percent from the rest of the world. It's not a racial thing? Give me a break.

Get in line like the rest of the immigrants and wait your damn turn to get in. This goes for white, black, brown, yellow and even purple people. Just go through the proper channels and enter this country LEGALLY.

Yes and lets now change the laws so that even if you enter this country illegal and have a child, that child will not be counted as an American. Yes, brillant stuff. And I'm not making that up, there is seriously a proposal for that. A country that was founded by illegal immigrants is now trying to outlaw the entire fucking thing.

Canada is such a wonderful place that Americans are pulling up stakes and moving there in record numbers aren't they?

Considering 2/3's of Canada's annual population is from immigrantion outside of its country while a fraction of the growth is native, I'd say somebody is. While the opposite is true for the US.

Universal Healthcare isn't all its cracked up to be. Health Care in Ontario is free, but the quality of health care provided in most areas is second rate at best. Any decent doctors Canada produces end up going to the US or abroad where they can make more money and pay less taxes. They have have a few world class facilities in the big cities, but for the most part the care you receive sucks ass. And you spend 2-3 hours in the waiting room every time you make an appointment because our doctors are all overbooked with patients. Mind you this is from a buddy of mine living in Canada.

Yeah, sucks so much all these tiny countries in blue have it and the tiny countries in green are trying to implament it.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/94/Health.png

For fucks sake, Mexico is trying to get it going.
:dizzy

And next time you get your buddy to write you something, you might want to edit it a bit.

CharlieMac
04-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Hey, who remembers that one time in the 70's when Cesar Chavez and the United Farm Workers set up on the border and tried to prevent undocumented illegals from crossing into the United States. Oooh man, what a redneck that dude was.

T Park
04-12-2007, 09:08 PM

shocker buddy holly is for universal health care.

Call it what it is. Socialist health care.

Britain has it and it sucks.

BUT LESS BEAURACRACY!! :lmao

T Park
04-12-2007, 09:09 PM
So Buddy is telling me, my tax dollars should go to pay for health care, for the same guy that wont go to work, and just depends on the govt as much as he already does.

Fuck that shit.

01Snake
04-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Really. So building the 300 mile wall, illegals being a threat, making english the offical langauge, minute men, cities with hundred of thousands of marchers has been an issue and has been happening since before C&C? No. Yes, illegal immagration has been an issue for years, no one has denied that. But to the extent it is now, bullshit. It's the little croc that is nice and cute for the first few years and then it grows to be a pain and SOMETHING must be down! Get rid of it, kill it, whatever.

Illegal "immagration" has been a problem for decades! It simply got to a point where people are finally realizing its a growing problem. How many illegals were in the country late 70's and how many are in the country today? My guess there would be a HUGE difference. Take a look at any of the States bordering Mexico and tell me whats happened to their populations over the past few decades. The massive influx of illegals has simply reached its boiling point and people want something done about it.

Why not? It's ok to spend 100 times as much on a war based on lies that in itself is illegal. That's fine and dandy but the illegals, not so much. Fuck human life, who needs to help it when we can spend money to end it.

Again, you honestly think that just because we spend money a war you don't agree, it means thats is okay for the US to simply keep on supporting citizens of other countries? I don't see any reasonable person following your logic.

So it's our Government's job to police and protect our country but those of other countries as well? Uncle Sma isn't running a police acadmeny., Well, yes he is.

We don't want to be the Worlds Police but hell, who else is is gonna do it? People attack the US for going into Iraq and say we have no business meddling in their affairs. Yet, at the same time we have the entire world pleading for us to go into Dafur to stop the genocide. "Hey now! Stop trying to run the world! But we really need you over in Country X!"

Mexicans make up only 57 percent of the illegal immigrants with another 24 percent coming from Central American and South American countries, approximately 9 percent from Asia, 6 percent from Europe and Canada, with the remaining 4 percent from the rest of the world. It's not a racial thing? Give me a break.

I'm not good at math or geography but last time I checked, 57% is over half and Mexico does border the US. Would you rather we tackle that 4% first or go for the bigger fish? The US/Mexican border is the hotspot for illegal entry into this country. I'd say thats a great place to focus our efforts on.

If trying to slow the flow of illegal immigrants into this country makes me a racist in your eyes, so be it. A good portion of the country feels the same way. Get in line like everyone else and wait your turn.

Yes and lets now change the laws so that even if you enter this country illegal and have a child, that child will not be counted as an American. Yes, brillant stuff. And I'm not making that up, there is seriously a proposal for that. A country that was founded by illegal immigrants is now trying to outlaw the entire fucking thing.

Things are a HELL OF A LOT different now than they were in 200 years ago. Wooden teeth and wigs were popular then but I don't think they would be too cool today.

Considering 2/3's of Canada's annual population is from immigrantion outside of its country while a fraction of the growth is native, I'd say somebody is. While the opposite is true for the US.

Perhaps it's because we are full! We can only support so many people. Especially when we are supporting over 10 million illegals and counting. :lol

Canada sounds so great I wonder why illegals aren't flocking up there. Hell, they got universal health care. My bad, they get the same deal here too. :lol

01Snake
04-12-2007, 09:30 PM
So Buddy is telling me, my tax dollars should go to pay for health care, for the same guy that wont go to work, and just depends on the govt as much as he already does.

Fuck that shit.

You mean you don't like working to support your family along with (in my case) about 4 others?

T Park
04-12-2007, 10:00 PM
I can barely afford to support me and friends, let alone millions of illegals.

I pay taxes also in california, and man thats a fucking pisser when you write that check and hear in the background of LA tv, about all the money going to illegal's health care, public school.

But, were evil for saying hte child of an illegal is illegal!!

DEAR ME!!!

Right on also about Iraq and darfur :lol

mookie2001
04-12-2007, 10:09 PM
the children of illegals should be legal if theyre born in america, to me if youve made it here, congrats, become an american, start listening to tejano, youre going to either become a citizen or die an illegal

its shortsighted to worry about the people here already when the borders are wide open, theyve got thousands coming as we speak

it would be amazing to see what could be done on the border with the money we spend in one day in iraq

jaespur21
04-12-2007, 10:14 PM
I think our country would not be the same if we had a huge fence along the border. We already have hundreds and hundreds of people guarding the border trying to keep illegals out of this country with all kinds of new high tech gadgetry. It is a problem but i just wished the Indians had a fence built to keep white ppl from slaughtering their way onto this land.
The mexican war would have never started if White men didnt trespass onto mexican land and got themselves killed.
Building a fence is idiotic

mookie2001
04-12-2007, 10:17 PM
there can never be justice on stolen land is a given

T Park
04-12-2007, 10:19 PM
:rolleyes

td4mvp21
04-12-2007, 10:23 PM

I pay taxes also in california, and man thats a fucking pisser when you write that check and hear in the background of LA tv, about all the money going to illegal's health care, public school.

Dude, amen. I think it's bullshit that American tax dollars support illegal immigrants who either a) take other jobs that could be had by LEGAL tax paying citizens b) send their revenue back to Mexico or c) use the money for "diseases" such as drug addictions and alcoholism. Not to mention that so many identity theft cases occurr from illegal immigrants. Healthcare and social security take the biggest hit from illegal immigration IMO.

La Migra
04-12-2007, 10:26 PM

DEAR ME!!!

Right on also about Iraq and darfur :lol

Your taxes also pay my salary and those of other law enforcement officials, and for roads, schools, our military and our wars. Thank you!!!

jaespur21
04-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Well i pay taxes also as well as property taxes as well as my father and grandfather. its not so bad that a peice of this goes towards illegals. They go towards all kinds of bullshit helping less fortunate is just another slice

T Park
04-13-2007, 12:41 AM
its not so bad that a peice of this goes towards illegals. They go towards all kinds of bullshit helping less fortunate is just another slice

see but i DONT want it.

you want to support people that are here ILLEGALLY

btw, you guys dont understand that, ILLEGAL, means breaking the law.

But you wanna support em? You give em money.

I dont want MY money going to the them. PERIOD.

mullet
04-13-2007, 12:47 AM
see but i DONT want it.

you want to support people that are here ILLEGALLY

btw, you guys dont understand that, ILLEGAL, means breaking the law.

But you wanna support em? You give em money.

I dont want MY money going to the them. PERIOD.

:clap

i figure we could spend all that extra money on a new NASCAR track

jaespur21
04-13-2007, 02:45 AM
^haha but you dont have a choice Tpark.....mayb youll learn to love Mexicans especially illegals.....well indians have learned to put up with you

Nbadan
04-13-2007, 02:56 AM
...ethnic cleansing deniers...