PDA

View Full Version : Sources say Oden, Conley and Dunbar's Cook will declare for the NBA draft

ducks
04-12-2007, 01:15 PM
Sources say Oden, Conley and Dunbar's Cook will declare for the NBA draft.

By Mark Gokavi

COLUMBUS — The crowd chanted "One more year" Wednesday night for Greg Oden and fellow Ohio State basketball freshmen Mike Conley Jr. and Daequan Cook.

It's more likely those Buckeyes were "one and done" in college.

Sources say all three likely will make themselves eligible for the NBA draft. Albert Powell's opinion is a "90 to 95 percent" chance the trio will ultimately decide to enter the draft.

Cook said that he is leaning toward staying in school, but he says he doesn't have all the information he wants yet.

Powell was an assistant on that group's AAU team (coached by Mike Conley Sr.), a member of Dunbar's coaching staff and close friend to all three families.

"If it's one," Powell said. "It's all of them."

Ohio State held a celebration complete with the band, the mayor, cheerleaders, a highlight video and 4,000 fans at the Schottenstein Center. Ohio State (35-4) was the Big Ten regular-season and tourney champions and NCAA runner-up to Florida.

It also may have been a farewell for three freshmen and AAU teammates who have had NBA dreams since grade school. Players can withdraw from the draft until June 18.

The players' families — including Conley Sr., now an NBA agent — plan to meet Sunday in Indianapolis. Ohio State coach Thad Matta hopes to talk with the players next week, armed with NBA information.

"If guys go, I'm going to be happy for them," said Matta, later adding: "Money's one thing. Memories are another. A lot of people would rather have great memories."

AFBlue
04-12-2007, 04:07 PM
I'll wait until Monday to believe this story....

JMarkJohns
04-12-2007, 05:57 PM
I think it's true. I think Oden is in, Conley could be if he gets some top-20 promises and Cook is guaging his stock and getting input from the scouts for next year.

FlyHigh07
04-12-2007, 05:58 PM
I think it's true. I think Oden is in, Conley could be if he gets some top-20 promises and Cook is gauging his stock and getting input from the scouts for next year.

JMarkJohns
04-12-2007, 06:05 PM
I think it's true. I think Oden is in, Conley could be if he gets some top-20 promises and Cook is gauging his stock and getting input from the scouts for next year.

Yeah... Me too! (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1566958&postcount=3) :rolleyes :lol