PDA

View Full Version : Beat LA!

SpursDynasty
04-12-2007, 01:39 PM
This is for the Lakers. Just go out there and do your thing...beat a Clippers team you're supposed to beat, so GS can maintain hold on the 8 seed. We'd much rather see DAL vs GS than DAL vs LAC in Round 1. Much more entertaining series.

Before you all jump on my back, I said it before that I'm not saying GS would win the series (though anything is possible in the current NBA), just would be a more entertaining series than DAL vs LAC.

Anyone else want to see DAL vs GS?

Or am I "talking out of my ass" again?

Meanwhile, SA has "quietly won 24 of 27 games". What other team can do that? I think SA loves it that they're not the center of media attention. Perfect way to set up trophy #4 in their trophy case at AT&T Center.

rayray2k8
04-12-2007, 01:42 PM
If you're going by season record, then you believe that the warriors have a chance of beating the mavs.
Can I ask you something?
How long have you been a spurs fan??
:lol
Just wondering.

mavsfan1000
04-12-2007, 01:44 PM
You're going to be really disappointed when the Warriors get schooled by the mavs.

SpursDynasty
04-12-2007, 01:46 PM
I said I would like to see DAL vs GS, not that GS would win.

But for a GS team thats 5-1 over last 6 against DAL, we know they can push it to at least a 6 game series.

I haven't been a fan my whole life or anything, just since 1994-1995 season. Your point?

rayray2k8
04-12-2007, 01:51 PM
My point is that most of the people here might believe that you're woodshop spurs fan just by first impression.
Do you have to be this vocal all the time?? Thats my question.
Yes I know your a spurs fan but you dont make your point across all time.
In other words, dont point out the obvious. :toast

Kobe'smyhomie
04-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Supposed to beat..

that usually translates into losing for the Lakers.

Flight3107
04-12-2007, 02:07 PM
SpursDynasty sure does make a lot of post with the Mavs on his mind

SpursDynasty
04-12-2007, 03:02 PM

Or with the Spurs.

In case you haven't figured out by now, Dallas and SA is the NBA Finals, and talk about any other teams is really a waste of time at this point in the season.

cornbread
04-12-2007, 03:03 PM
In case you haven't figured out by now, Dallas and SA is the NBA Finals, and talk about any other teams is really a waste of time at this point in the season.
How many times did we hear this exact statement last season?

SpursDynasty
04-12-2007, 03:24 PM
How many times did we hear this exact statement last season?

Many times before the truth was told in the Finals about media favorites. I would say that the Finals will be between SA and Miami/Detroit, but then threads/polls would show up about why SpursDynasty is a dumbass.

cornbread
04-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Many times before the truth was told in the Finals about media favorites. I would say that the Finals will be between SA and Miami/Detroit, but then threads/polls would show up about why SpursDynasty is a dumbass.

I'm not just talking about media favorites. My point is that most of the media AND fans didn't give the Heat a chance and crowned the eventual winner of the Spurs/Mavericks series as the eventual champions.

I know that you've heard the saying that, "those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it". Many of us looked like dumbasses last year when we "didn't waste our time talking about other teams" besides the Mavs and Spurs. It doesn't make you any less of a fan to talk about other teams dude. Being a passionate fan and objectivity aren't mutually exclusive.

LEONARD
04-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Before you all jump on my back, I said it before that I'm not saying GS would win the series (though anything is possible in the current NBA), just would be a more entertaining series than DAL vs LAC.

I said I would like to see DAL vs GS, not that GS would win. But for a GS team thats 5-1 over last 6 against DAL, we know they can push it to at least a 6 game series.

Really? You've been saying for weeks that GS is the better team...

Golden State just went out and beat a team they were supposed to beat.

The Mavs lost to the Warriors simply because when it's a game between those two, the Warriors are the better team.

:dizzy :dizzy :wtf :wtf :drunk :hat :smokin

stretch
04-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Or am I "talking out of my ass" again?

Yes. Now quit posting stupid threads.

Flight3107
04-12-2007, 05:07 PM
SpursDynasty is a dumbass.

:clap

J.T.
04-12-2007, 05:38 PM
mavs in 5

FlyHigh07
04-12-2007, 05:41 PM

Dude get off his ass he's cool :lmao

Next Superstar
04-12-2007, 06:59 PM
I would just be happy to end our embarassing 13 year playoff droute. Anything the warriors did in the playoffs would be gravy. I think all the pressure would be on the mavs and the warriors would just playing free and easy but the lack of playoff experience for the dubz will probably hurt us. I can tell you that oracle arena will be freakin rockin for the games though.

SpursDynasty
04-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Ah well. Looks like 8 seed for GS isn't a lock yet. Clippers own tiebreaker, so here's what it will come down to:

Clippers have a game vs Phoenix, GS has a game vs Dallas....GS has to win the rest of theirs, so do the Clippers. I don't see the Clippers beating Phoenix, I can see GS beating Dallas (based on their recent play vs DAL - again, don't jump on my back).

GS could still get in.

If not, Dallas has an easy 1st and 2nd round, vs Clippers and Houston...both are 5 game series at the most.

monosylab1k
04-13-2007, 10:28 AM
I don't see the Clippers beating Phoenix, I can see GS beating Dallas (based on their recent play vs DAL - again, don't jump on my back).

why one and not the other? the Clippers have beaten Phoenix this year.

LEONARD
04-13-2007, 10:32 AM
If not, Dallas has an easy 1st and 2nd round, vs Clippers and Houston...both are 5 game series at the most.

You're sticking your guns that Houston is not very good huh? :lol You've been on Utah's jock all year as one of your elite teams w/Dal, SA, and Pho), but not Houston. Houston has a better record now and Utah is 4-6 in their last 10...

I don't see how anybody can say that Houston is an "easy matchup"... :dizzy :donkey

Mr. Body
04-13-2007, 10:46 AM
I predict if GSW beats Dallas, Mark Cuban sells the team in a snit and goes and buys the Cubs, in a league where spending more money actually helps a great deal.

SpursDynasty
04-13-2007, 10:51 AM
Utah has fallen off the elite group. Especially if Houston surpassed them. So they both suck now.

LEONARD
04-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Utah has fallen off the elite group. Especially if Houston surpassed them. So they both suck now.

Thanks for today's bit of genius, Jeff...