PDA

View Full Version : GTG For Mavs on Sunday?

jn77
04-12-2007, 02:58 PM
I haven't seen anything on a GTG for this game. Is there going to be one? This game screams Spurstalk GTG dosen't it? Kori...anyone.... :toast

T Park
04-12-2007, 03:01 PM
if theres a game monday, id vote for that instead :lol

SpursDynasty
04-12-2007, 03:04 PM
I think this game will turn out to be a much bigger deal than most of you think. I'm willing to bet that Dirk will play.

Dirk IS playing against Utah tomorrow night. Why wouldn't he play vs SA?

mabber
04-12-2007, 03:15 PM
I think this game will turn out to be a much bigger deal than most of you think. I'm willing to bet that Dirk will play.

Avery wasn't exactly certain how he was going to play this game, but it sounded like everyone would play but no one would play a lot of minutes. Their "dress rehearsal" for the playoffs (play same minutes & rotations as playoffs) will be their last game on Wednesday night (vs. Sonics).

Kori Ellis
04-12-2007, 03:16 PM
The Spurs pretty much said that this game isn't going to be much of a playoff preview as both coaching staffs are just going to spend the game running super basic plays as not to disclose anything for the postseason.

The Mavs are not going to play their starters big minutes and if the Spurs can't catch Phoenix at that point, then San Antonio likely won't either.

That all being said, we might have a GTG Friday or Sunday. I have to check our schedules.

bulletedge
04-12-2007, 03:17 PM

Yeah, Dirk will probably play- at least for a little while. Of course, it is just another "meaningless" regular season game, right?

Oops...I forgot, it DOES mean something to the Spurs...trying to catch the Suns.

It doesn't mean shit to the Mavs...other than trying to avoid injuries. Just a tuneup for the playoffs. Kinda' like a scrimmage.

SpursDynasty
04-12-2007, 04:20 PM
If Mavs win with their bench players vs Spurs bench - Mavs fans rub it in Spurs fans faces.
If Spurs win - "So what, Mavs have the top seed locked up and its meaningless."

Trainwreck2100
04-12-2007, 04:22 PM
If Mavs win with their bench players vs Spurs bench - Mavs fans rub it in Spurs fans faces.
If Spurs win - "So what, Mavs have the top seed locked up and its meaningless."

Exactly, kinda like in 2003 where the last game the Spurs and Mavs played, and the Spurs already locked up HCA

SpursWoman
04-12-2007, 04:30 PM
That all being said, we might have a GTG Friday or Sunday. I have to check our schedules.

This Friday, like tomorrow, Friday?

LEONARD
04-12-2007, 04:35 PM

Barring a change in plans, the minutes for the big names will be low...this game means nothing to the Mavs.

Play all out and lose = unnecessary minutes, mental impact of the loss...too risky (mentally and physically)
Play all out and win = pointless, other than a small mental edge maybe
Play low min's and lose = who cares
Play low min's and win = :fro

Trainwreck2100
04-12-2007, 04:35 PM
The seson ends on wed, so prob

mabber
04-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Barring a chance in plans, the minutes for the big names will be low...this game means nothing to the Mavs.

Play all out and lose = unnecessary minutes, mental impact of the loss...too risky (mentally and physically)
Play all out and win = pointless, other than a small mental edge maybe
Play low min's and lose = who cares
Play low min's and win = :fro

Regardless of who's on the court, both teams will play hard and try to win. Both coaches wouldn't put with anything less.

LEONARD
04-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Regardless of who's on the court, both teams will play hard and try to win. Both coaches wouldn't put with anything less.

They can only play hard if they're on the court... ;)

I'm not saying it's look like the all-star game...they'll play hard when they're on the floor.

SequSpur
04-12-2007, 06:48 PM
This game is going to be worse than a summer league game.

texbound
04-12-2007, 07:10 PM
The game on Sunday against Dal could be meaningful to the Spurs if:

1.) PHX loses at home against LAL. Not a likely scenario, unless Kobe goes for 80. or
2.) they lose @Utah. The Jazz have beaten the Suns 3 times this year, but 2 of those games were very early in the season.

If PHX wins on Friday and Saturday, then it's a moot point to try and catch them with only 2 games left (@Hou & vs LAC) and Sundays game against Dal will be meaningless.

I know you're probably thinking, 'Thank you captain obvious', but I just wanted to point it out anyway :p:

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-12-2007, 09:48 PM
I actually hope this doesn't become a 'must win' for the Spurs.

DubMcDub
04-12-2007, 10:40 PM

If he plays (which there's a good chance he won't), it wont be for more than 20 minutes.

You really need to stop reiterating every other post about how "big" you think this game is going to be. It's not going to be big. It's going to be a shitty, meaningless game.

exstatic
04-12-2007, 11:51 PM
If he plays (which there's a good chance he won't), it wont be for more than 20 minutes.

You really need to stop reiterating every other post about how "big" you think this game is going to be. It's not going to be big. It's going to be a shitty, meaningless game.
It's JeffDrums. What were you expecting? MENSA class logic?

DubMcDub
04-13-2007, 01:19 AM
It's JeffDrums. What were you expecting? MENSA class logic?

I refuse to give up on anyone, no matter how inane their thoughts are. :toast