PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M is official!

Doug Collins
04-12-2007, 03:18 PM
NCAA Announces Certification Decisions
from www.ncaa.org
Thursday, April 12, 2007 Toolbox
INDIANAPOLS- The NCAA Division I Committee on Athletics Certification announced decisions today concerning the certification status of 46 Division I member institutions that have undergone the Association’s second cycle of athletics certification.

The purpose of athletics certification is to ensure integrity in the institution’s athletics program and to assist institutions in improving their athletics departments. NCAA legislation mandating athletics certification was adopted in 1993.

The certification process, which involves a self-study led by an institution’s president or chancellor, includes a review of these primary components: governance and commitment to rules compliance; academic integrity; equity; and student-athlete well-being.

A designation of certified means that an institution operates its athletics program in substantial conformity with operating principles adopted by the Division I membership.

The following 41 institutions were certified:

Auburn University
Brown University
University of California, Berkeley
California Polytechnic State University
California State University, Fullerton
California State University, Sacramento
Central Michigan University
University of Cincinnati
Colgate University
University of Detroit Mercy
Drake University
Fairfield University
University of Florida
Florida State University
Furman University
Gardner-Webb University
University of Hartford
Harvard University
University of Iowa
Jackson State University
Jacksonville University
Lehigh University
Liberty University
University of Maine, Orono
Marshall University
University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Mount St. Mary’s University
University of Nebraska, Lincoln
University of New Hampshire
University of North Texas
Oral Roberts University
University of Oregon
University of the Pacific
University of Pittsburgh
University of Portland
Quinnipiac University
Syracuse University
Texas A&M University, College Station
University of Tulsa
University of Vermont
Youngstown State University
In addition, five Division I institutions have been certified with conditions:

University of Houston
James Madison University
New Mexico State University
Robert Morris University
St. Peter’s College
This classification means that the institution is considered to be operating its athletics program in substantial conformity with operating principles adopted by the NCAA's Division I membership. However, problems identified during the course of the institution's self-study and the peer-review team's evaluation were considered serious enough by the Committee on Athletics Certification to cause it to withhold full certification until those problems have been corrected. The NCAA does not divulge specific information related to an institution’s self-study or peer-review visit or specific information concerning the conditions set forth for certification.

The second round of athletics certifications is being completed on a 10-year cycle rather than the five-year cycle used during the initial certification process. All 326 active Division I members participate in the certification process.

The Division I Committee on Athletics Certification preliminarily reviews an institution’s certification materials and provides a list of issues identified during the evaluation. The university then hosts a visit by peer reviewers who file a report regarding the institution’s resolution of those issues before a final certification decision is rendered. An institution’s failure to satisfactorily respond to the committee may negatively impact certification status.

The certification process is separate from the NCAA’s enforcement program, which investigates allegations of rules violations by NCAA member institutions. A decision of certified does not exempt an institution from concurrent or subsequent enforcement proceedings.

The NCAA Committee on Infractions may ask the Committee on Athletics Certification to review an institution’s certification status as a result of the completed infractions case.

The members of the Committee on Athletics Certification are: McKinley Boston Jr., New Mexico State University; Shonna Brown, Mid-American Conference; Rita Hartung Cheng, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee; Beatrice Crane Banford, Marshall University; Rich Ensor, Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference; Kevin Hatcher, Colgate University; Gerald M. Lage, Oklahoma State University; Leo Lambert (chair), Elon University; M. Dianne Murphy, Columbia University-Barnard College; Gloria Nevarez, West Coast Conference; Donald Pope-Davis, University of Notre Dame; Allison Rich, California State University, Fullerton; Mary Ann Rohleder, Indiana University, Bloomington; Greg Sankey, Southeastern Conference; and Jon Steinbrecher, Ohio Valley Conference.

Looks like we're big time now!!!! :drunk

degenerate_gambler
04-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Doug, I think congratulations are in order.

I know the corps is pretty pumped...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/dgnerate_gamblr/aggy.jpg

Doug Collins
04-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Doug, I think congratulations are in order.

I know the corps is pretty pumped...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/dgnerate_gamblr/aggy.jpg

So pumped that their balls just dropped.

RonMexico
04-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Is Oklahoma State on there? I can't seem to find them, but according to CaptMike, I'm too dumb to read.

Such is the state of non-conformity.

degenerate_gambler
04-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Is that certification a one time deal on a voluntary basis or do you have to do it every XX years to stay in good standing?

Ron, I don't see alot of the heavyweights on there, not that okie st is one. But like TX, Mich, USC, etc...

Bandwagon Bill
04-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Is Oklahoma State on there? I can't seem to find them, but according to CaptMike, I'm too dumb to read.

Such is the state of non-conformity.

:lol Looks like you are continuing to prove what I said about you in the NBA forum.

RonMexico
04-12-2007, 03:44 PM
:lol Looks like you are continuing to prove what I said about you in the NBA forum.

What are you talking about? Everything negative I say from now until the beginning of the College B-ball season will be directed at/concerning 3 people: Sean Sutton, JamesOn Curry, CaptMike.

I feel I've made this very clear and I am a man of my word... like new Aggies Mark Turgeon and D'Andre Jordan.

Such is the state of you being a resurrected turd from CaptMike's septic tank.

Doug Collins
04-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Is that certification a one time deal on a voluntary basis or do you have to do it every XX years to stay in good standing?

Ron, I don't see alot of the heavyweights on there, not that okie st is one. But like TX, Mich, USC, etc...

We were just certified during this round it's possible those schools were certified in previous years. Of course I doubt OSU will ever be certified in anything except as being a "Best Buy of Oklahoma education."

RonMexico
04-12-2007, 03:47 PM

See above for part of my response.

Of course there are a lot of "universities" (I use that term loosely) not listed on there (any school that admits OJ Mayo is not an institution of higher learning, btw, so USC was automatically disqualified).

Some of them might have been certified in previous years, but I have actual work to do, so I can't look that up.

Or I could pull a CaptMike and put a fake numerical value on the board to bait Aggies into a joke I have with a co-worker so I can prove a "5% speaks for the 95%" solipsistic non-sequitor.

50 cent
04-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Why would you think any school with Oklahoma in it's name conforms to governance and commitment to rules compliance???

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Bandwagon Bill
04-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Everything negative I say from now until the beginning of the College B-ball season will be directed at/concerning 3 people: Sean Sutton, JamesOn Curry, CaptMike.

That is exactly why you are nothing more than a troll who is constantly on one poster's sack unless you decide to spout some ignorant meaningless bs about the aggies. I don't have any problem with the aggies, but you have surpassed JGW as the aggie rep. idiot troll

Bandwagon Bill
04-12-2007, 03:52 PM
Why would you think any school with Oklahoma in it's name conforms to governance and commitment to rules compliance???

:lmao :lmao :lmao

I have to agree with you there

degenerate_gambler
04-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Damn.

I'm envious of you guys.

If I thought okie lite was relevant in anything besides wearing a leotard and rolling around on the ground practicing their special holds on another male, I'd gladly pile on.

But their land-theiving cousins are more fun to kick around but I don't see any of those dirt burglars in these parts.

leemajors
04-12-2007, 03:59 PM
ok ron, you have definitely stepped it up again with the "such is the state" series of comments. i take it this week is going better than last.

MajorMike
04-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Damn.

I'm envious of you guys.

If I thought okie lite was relevant in anything besides wearing a leotard and rolling around on the ground practicing their special holds on another male, I'd gladly pile on.

But their land-theiving cousins are more fun to kick around but I don't see any of those dirt burglars in these parts.

And the last B12 team to participate in a Final Four is....

RonMexico
04-12-2007, 04:02 PM
That is exactly why you are nothing more than a troll who is constantly on one poster's sack unless you decide to spout some ignorant meaningless bs about the aggies. I don't have any problem with the aggies, but you have surpassed JGW as the aggie rep. idiot troll

Yeah - ok, pal. Take a look at the RPI history of CaptMike and then get back to me.

Pay close attention to the posts where CaptMike asked if A&M was 18 points better than OSU simply because A&M destroyed Auburn by 20 while OSU squeaked by with a 2 point victory. (P.S. A&M was actually better than OSU by 20 points... in Stillwater.)

Also, pay attention to where he scoffs at Winthrop (TAMU opponenet) being an NCAA tournament team (they went to the Sweet 16 in case you were too busy coming up with that witty and apropos nickname) and tell me who is the idiot troll.

Also, look for the CaptMike "I waited 2 days to say this... Scoreboard!" post after OSU won in the Big 12 Tourney.

Then feel free to remove your mouth from his penis.

Doug Collins
04-12-2007, 04:03 PM
And the last B12 team to participate in a Final Four is....

And the Big 12 team not to win a road game is....

Bandwagon Bill
04-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Yeah - ok, pal. Take a look at the RPI history of CaptMike and then get back to me.

Pay close attention to the posts where CaptMike asked if A&M was 18 points better than OSU simply because A&M destroyed Auburn by 20 while OSU squeaked by with a 2 point victory. (P.S. A&M was actually better than OSU by 20 points... in Stillwater.)

Also, pay attention to where he scoffs at Winthrop (TAMU opponenet) being an NCAA tournament team (they went to the Sweet 16 in case you were too busy coming up with that witty and apropos nickname) and tell me who is the idiot troll.

Also, look for the CaptMike "I waited 2 days to say this... Scoreboard!" post after OSU won in the Big 12 Tourney.

Then feel free to remove your mouth from his penis.

:lol You keep proving my point. I havent mentioned anything about CaptMike, you are the one who mentions him in every post. It appears your lips (or fingers) are wrapped firmly around his penis.

Things I have said:
1) You are a troll because you either:
a) Flame a poster over and over and over
or
b) Spout useless bs about the aggies

2) You keep proving my point by continuing to troll in the exact same manner in which I have described.

100% truth.

Look - I don't care if you talk bs, because if that's what you want to do then fine. I'm just calling it like I see it.

RonMexico
04-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Hmmm, you seem to have missed my main point: Mike starting the trolling back in November - I've simply emulated him as much as I could and this copycat routine I have mastered pissed him off/made him crazy enough to go on this "ignore" binge like a little bitch.

johngateswhiteley
04-12-2007, 04:39 PM
A&M is awesome. as for capt. mike, everyone knows he is a bitch...why do we keep talking about it.

RonMexico
04-12-2007, 04:44 PM
True... bandwagon bill has become the new CaptMike, so I'm happy to have found a new target. He must not be responding because he's sifting through the 1,000 CaptMike posts that include "RPI."

Every basketball take I've ever had is infinitely more intelligent and valuable because I didn't hide behind some kind of flawed mathematical calculation.

SrA Husker
04-12-2007, 04:56 PM
Take notice the sole representatives of the Big 12 are Nebraska and A&M.

johngateswhiteley
04-12-2007, 05:02 PM
why isn't SC on that list...:lol

RonMexico
04-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Take notice the sole representatives of the Big 12 are Nebraska and A&M.

Bill Byrne's current and previous universities.

Dollar Bill is growing on me.

Brutalis
04-13-2007, 12:00 AM
A&M will always be respected for being half decent cause of Texas but are nothing close to awesome and has experienced that trend remotely and rarely jgw

leemajors
04-13-2007, 01:00 AM
i can't decode that

RonMexico
04-13-2007, 08:40 AM
Brutalis has lost all touch with reality.

johngateswhiteley
04-13-2007, 08:45 AM
i can't decode that

nobody can.

degenerate_gambler
04-13-2007, 09:11 AM
Brutalis has lost all touch with reality.

that md 20/20 and boones farm will do that to ya.

Extra Stout
04-13-2007, 05:45 PM
A&M will always be respected for being half decent cause of Texas but are nothing close to awesome and has experienced that trend remotely and rarely jgw
ducks