PDA

View Full Version : Charles "Spider" Smith Finals MVP for ULEB Cup (Real Madrid)

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-12-2007, 04:27 PM
"The MVP belongs and goes out to the entire team"

Charles Smith doubled honours tonight. He was crowned the final's MVP. Real Madrid's number '7' netted nineteen points and pulled down three rebounds, earning him a 21 performance points this evening. With a record-setting performance, especially in the third and fourth quarters, ‘The Spider’ was instrumental and led Madrid to 2007 ULEB Cup glory.

“It was a true team effort, although we allowed them to bury 40 points in the first half.”
“I was the MVP, but the accolade belongs to all my teammates. We worked hard and we played the best basketball we could.”

“Personally, I was very anxious to win this title. I didn't sleep at all the night before the game. I missed some shots at the very beginning, but I was focused and continued to try my luck. The coach has always backed me up and I had to repay him for the confidence he has always shown in me.”

“I am very happy. This is the first title of my career. We have been preparing for this moment from the beginning of the season. We watched many videos of our opponents in the last few days. We have worked hard and improved our game to achieve this trophy.”

Report by Laura Osorio
Photos by Daniel Sastre
Special correspondents to Charleroi, Belgium
Translation by Luis Orueta

http://www.realmadrid.com/articulo/rma38669.htm

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-12-2007, 04:37 PM
http://www.realmadrid.com/addon/img/993a97288alegriap.jpg
The article loses some of its power without the crazy ass picture with it.

alamo50
04-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Unbelievable.

T Park
04-12-2007, 05:44 PM
:lol

another notch in the NBA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Europe ball arguement.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-12-2007, 09:11 PM

another notch in the NBA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Europe ball arguement.

I remember watching Spider drop 38 on the Kings one night. He could have been a good NBA player in the right situation.

T Park
04-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Steve Smith dropped 30 on the Blazers in 01 02, and we know how good he was at that time.

I was there the night he dropped 38. He couldn't miss a shot, and they let him drive with free will.

Once again, I take it with a grain of salt.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-12-2007, 09:20 PM
Steve Smith dropped 30 on the Blazers in 01 02, and we know how good he was at that time.

I was there the night he dropped 38. He couldn't miss a shot, and they let him drive with free will.

To be the top player in any pro league you have to be a pretty good player T. Just give the man his props.

timvp
04-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Props to him. I think he could have been a solid NBA player in the right system. Long arms and good all-around defender. Too bad more teams don't value defense as much as the Spurs do or he would have had a job somewhere.

timvp
04-12-2007, 09:22 PM
Just give the man his props.

Stop stealing my thunder :madrun

T Park
04-12-2007, 09:35 PM
To be the top player in any pro league you have to be a pretty good player T. Just give the man his props
No question hes a player.

But Oberto was considered the best bigman in Europe.

Come on....

Quasar
04-12-2007, 10:23 PM
I'm sure Oberto would find some use in some systems - every couple of games, his rebounds seem quite high for the number of minutes he plays...

He has high BB-IQ and uses it to hide his deficiencies... However its true he can't run. He seemed to be about as fast as Rasho when I saw him in Singapore against Spain...

Rynospursfan
04-13-2007, 01:29 AM

Points add up pretty quick when you can make 8 shots from downtown.

leemajors
04-13-2007, 10:42 AM
No question hes a player.

But Oberto was considered the best bigman in Europe.

Come on....

when was that?

phxspurfan
04-13-2007, 04:59 PM
Oberto was considered the best bigman in Europe.

wow rly? How friggin sad.