PDA

View Full Version : Is Timmy a legitimate MVP candidate?

lefty
04-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Iyes, I admit that Dirk and Nash are having a great season, and I think one of them will be the MVP

But what about TD? Spurs are simply the best team since the All-Star break, and Timmy has been super consistant this season

What do u think?

ducks
04-12-2007, 05:49 PM
what about pop for mvp

AnkleBreaker21
04-12-2007, 05:53 PM
i think so, but the league wont do it. its all about the flashy superstar now,as much as i hate dirk i dont want fucking nash winning again, parker is way better then him, any day.

Trainwreck2100
04-12-2007, 05:54 PM
He'll probably get a vote from a couple journalists, but he won't win it.

Leetonidas
04-12-2007, 05:54 PM
Tim is always a legit candidate, but he won't, nor should he.

Dirk Nowitzki
04-12-2007, 05:56 PM
i think so, but the league wont do it. its all about the flashy superstar now,as much as i hate dirk i dont want fucking nash winning again, parker is way better then him, any day.

:rolleyes :rolleyes Replace Nash with Parker and the Suns become very average. Stop being blinded by your hate and pull your head out of your ass.

FlyHigh07
04-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Tim Duncan's aite but no mvp :wakeup

AnkleBreaker21
04-12-2007, 05:57 PM
well take away tim and parker would be a fucking superstar, who the hell would want nash over parker

lefty
04-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Well, if he doesn't get the MVP award, it would be great to get DPOY (along with a championship) ; that would be a great addition to his resume.
Plus, if we win win the title and if Timmy get Finals MVP (could be Manu, we never know), some people are gonna eat their hearts out

lefty
04-12-2007, 05:58 PM
well take away tim and parker would be a fucking superstar, who the hell would want nash over parker

I would

ducks
04-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Well, if he doesn't get the MVP award, it would be great to get DPOY (along with a championship) ; that would be a great addition to his resume.
Plus, if we win win the title and if Timmy get Finals MVP (could be Manu, we never know), some people are gonna eat their hearts out
he does not need a dpoy for his resume
I do not think he needs to look for a new job :p:

ducks
04-12-2007, 06:00 PM
I would
tp>nash because tp plays d

AnkleBreaker21
04-12-2007, 06:01 PM
yah of course u would, you were probably one of the guys who wanted kidd a couple years ago over parker. parker made nash his bitch the other night and he will again in the playoffs

lefty
04-12-2007, 06:02 PM
tp>nash because tp plays d

Yes, I admit he is a better defender ; and with Pop, if u don't play D, you don't play at all.
But man, on offense : Nash+Timmy+Manu, and 3 pt shooters like Brent..
:hungry: :hungry:

Dirk Nowitzki
04-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Parker on D> Nash on D. However Nash at elevating his teamates game>>>>>>> Parker. Nash is the best pg in the league so by claiming Parker is better, you are literally saying he is the best pg. :drunk :drunk :drunk

Leetonidas
04-12-2007, 06:03 PM
:rolleyes :rolleyes Replace Nash with Parker and the Suns become very average. Stop being blinded by your hate and pull your head out of your ass.
Probably because the Spurs and Suns run completely different systems. Tony is a scorer, and Nash is a passer. So it's only obvious that the Suns wouldn't be as good without Nash and with Parker instead. But at the same time, put Nash on the Spurs and our defense would go down considerably.

AnkleBreaker21
04-12-2007, 06:04 PM
well change your team to the suns then you nash ass kisser.

ducks
04-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Yes, I admit he is a better defender ; and with Pop, if u don't play D, you don't play at all.
But man, on offense : Nash+Timmy+Manu, and 3 pt shooters like Brent..
:hungry: :hungry:
nash and tp are the only players players in the nba to average 50% shooting and over 5 assist a game

Mavs<Spurs
04-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Tim Duncan is a terrific post defender.
Neither Nash nor Dirk are even close to being as good at defense.

So, even supposing that they are even on offense (they aren't, Tim is much better and only those ignorant of inside out offense and the effects of the presence of a dominant post player can't see this), Tim is so superior on defense that he deserves it more than they do, especially this year.

Those who voted for Nash for MVP and think of Dirk for MVP forget that defense is at least as important as offense.

However, Tim won't get it.

Dirk Nowitzki
04-12-2007, 06:06 PM
well change your team to the suns then you nash ass kisser.

I am no Suns fan but I give Nash his well deserved props. I respect the hell out of him and love to watch him play (when they arent playing the mavs). BTW nice comeback homer. :clap

ducks
04-12-2007, 06:07 PM
Parker on D> Nash on D. However Nash at elevating his teamates game>>>>>>> Parker. Nash is the best pg in the league so by claiming Parker is better, you are literally saying he is the best pg. :drunk :drunk :drunk

duncan makes his teamates better

the suns coach makes their players better because he gives them so many possesions
he tells tells them to shot with 20 seconds left oon the shot clock all the time

FlyHigh07
04-12-2007, 06:09 PM

Pull your head out of Dirk's ass then get back to me :wakeup Thanks come again.

Dirk Nowitzki
04-12-2007, 06:10 PM
duncan makes his teamates better

the suns coach makes their players better because he gives them so many possesions
he tells tells them to shot with 20 seconds left oon the shot clock all the time

So then how come they cant win while Nash is hurt? The guy instantly alone turned that team around from average to elite. He makes such a huge impact and makes his teamates so much better. You cant deny that. If you do, then you are blinded by hate.

AnkleBreaker21
04-12-2007, 06:11 PM
:lmao

Dirk Nowitzki
04-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Pull your head out of Dirk's ass then get back to me :wakeup Thanks come again.

How is that 8th seed working out in the east? Man it has got to really suck ass that you havent won a damn playoff series in the post Shaq era.

ducks
04-12-2007, 06:12 PM
So then how come they cant win while Nash is hurt? The guy instantly alone turned that team around from average to elite. He makes such a huge impact and makes his teamates so much better. You cant deny that. If you do, then you are blinded by hate.

suns run their o thru steve nash

spurs run their o alot thru duncan

you subtract either player they lose most of the time

nash is very good
I just think at the age of both nash and tp
you have to go with tp

romain.star
04-12-2007, 06:13 PM
2006-07 Nash >>>>> 2006-07 Parker

But 2007-08 Parker = 2007-08 Nash

And finally 2008-09 Parker>>>>>> 2008-09 Nash

Dirk Nowitzki
04-12-2007, 06:13 PM
suns run their o thru steve nash

spurs run their o alot thru duncan

you subtract either player they lose most of the time

Duncan is the spurs superstar while Parker and Ginobili are allstars. Nash is a superstar while Amare and Marion are allstars.

FlyHigh07
04-12-2007, 06:14 PM
How is that 8th seed working out in the east? Man it has got to really suck ass that you havent won a damn playoff series in the post Shaq era.

It's cool :fro Don't fucking act all cool untiL you guys actually win the title. And your dick gets out of Dirk's mouth. Thanks lozeR

AnkleBreaker21
04-12-2007, 06:14 PM
shit at least they didnt make it the finals, go up 2-0 and choke it all away. damn thats gotta suck big balls:lmao

Dirk Nowitzki
04-12-2007, 06:16 PM
It's cool :fro Don't fucking act all cool untiL you guys actually win the title. And your dick gets out of Dirk's mouth. Thanks lozeR

At least my boys have a better chance then yours will anytime soon. Maybe one of these days you will finally win a playoff series without shaq.

ducks
04-12-2007, 06:16 PM
nash is only a superstar to people who care only about o

Kori Ellis
04-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Legit candidate? Sure.

Real chance to win? Doubtful.

romain.star
04-12-2007, 06:17 PM
beno is a superstar to himself

AnkleBreaker21
04-12-2007, 06:18 PM
nash=old man with back problems, and the only reason he gets so much attention is cause, hes the leagues only great white hope they have

FlyHigh07
04-12-2007, 06:20 PM
At least my boys have a better chance then yours will anytime soon. Maybe one of these days you will finally win a playoff series without shaq.

Shaq was gone a long time ago. We got a new team, aite. And again, don't fucking say shit until you win that bling. No, go suck Dick's pussy, it'll get him ready for the game. :hungry:

FlyHigh07
04-12-2007, 06:20 PM
beno is a superstar to himself

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

FlyHigh07
04-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Shaq was gone a long time ago. We got a new team, aite. And again, don't fucking say shit until you win that bling. No, go suck Dick's pussy, it'll get him ready for the game. :hungry:

Shut The Fuck Up

Flight3107
04-12-2007, 06:21 PM

Yeah, Dirk is definitely a "flashy superstar".

:dramaquee

Dirk Nowitzki
04-12-2007, 06:23 PM

yep that is how long it has been since you won a damn playoff series. Your new team might be lucky to get that 8th seed then get swept by the Pistons. You shouldnt say shit until you win another playoff series.

Kori Ellis
04-12-2007, 06:23 PM

Stop posting like a frickin imbecile. Your act appeals to no one.

FlyHigh07
04-12-2007, 06:25 PM
yep that is how long it has been since you won a damn playoff series. Your new team might be lucky to get that 8th seed then get swept by the Pistons. You shouldnt say shit until you win another playoff series.

It's a messageboard, I can say what I want to say. :ihit

Kori Ellis
It's a messageboard, I can say what I want to say. :ihit

Really? Is that how it works?

FlyHigh07
Stop posting like a frickin imbecile. Your act appeals to no one.

I am not trying to be appealing, just letting my opinions be known :wakeup

FlyHigh07
04-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Really? Is that how it works?

Please don't ban me!

AnkleBreaker21
04-12-2007, 06:27 PM
:lmao

lefty
04-12-2007, 06:28 PM
I've created a mess :fight

AnkleBreaker21
04-12-2007, 06:28 PM
yep u sure did

romain.star
04-12-2007, 06:33 PM
peace and love suckers

Kori Ellis
04-12-2007, 06:33 PM

:lol

I'll unban him in a little while.

He just needs to simmer down.

ducks
04-12-2007, 06:34 PM
:nope :nope

AnkleBreaker21
04-12-2007, 06:35 PM
damn kori do u have no mercy:lmao

Kori Ellis

Good emoticon use by the way. That emoticon is not used that often.

SequSpur
hell no... timmy is overrrated.

td4mvp21
04-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Yes he is, his numbers are down but he plays less minutes and the offense doesn't even run through him the whole game anymore yet he still averages 20 and 11. Not bad, and our record is good as always, especially in the second half of the season.

lefty
04-12-2007, 07:16 PM
Good emoticon use by the way. That emoticon is not used that often.

Thanks

5ToolMan
04-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Iyes, I admit that Dirk and Nash are having a great season, and I think one of them will be the MVP

But what about TD? Spurs are simply the best team since the All-Star break, and Timmy has been super consistant this season

What do u think?

Tim is a true MVP but won't sniff the award that will be given to either Nash for a continuation of his excellence or to Dirk for great contribution to a record setting first half and a very decent second half.

Tim will have to settle for his fourth Finals MVP AND fourth ring. Not a bad consulation in Tim's and Spurs fans' views.

Leetonidas
04-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Please don't ban me!
What about him? :lol

aaronstampler
04-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Absolutely Timmy is an MVP candidate. I think he should win it. His +/- is far and away the best in the league, 130 better than the second highest guy, Dirk. And Dirk has played more mins.

Fernando TD21
04-13-2007, 12:32 AM
I don't think that Duncan should win the MVP, he is my favorite player, but I don't think he is the Most Valuable Player in the league. And I don't want Nash to win again, so I believe Dirk will get it, maybe Kobe.

smrattler
04-13-2007, 12:33 AM
TD should be a legit candidate. He should be every year actually. Usually, people define MVP different ways, and he is one of the few that would be an MVP regardless of how you define it.

Take Nash's first one. He was seen as the primary reason the Suns turned into contenders overnight. In the playoffs, he had a PF that was outscoring TD and Nash still couldn't get his team over the hump. And TD on two broken ankles willed his team to a title. The real MVP holding the Finals MVP that year.

Last year on one foot took us to the #1 record in the NBA (if you define regular season success as the MVP winner) and a game 7 OT loss from a repeat.

This year, healthy, playing at his usual high level again, team in the top 3 again... why do people say "Nash is the most important player on any team..."? What are the Spurs without TD? Nash is on a team with 3 all-NBA players and a 6th man award winner (06-07 prediction). Please.

But TD is just underappreciated. He's overlooked. And the media I guess will keep giving Nash MVPs until he can prove to be good enough to take his team to one Finals appearance at least. If TD gets another Finals MVP this year, it will be that much sweeter.

dbreiden83080
04-13-2007, 12:49 AM
Timmy has his 2 mvp's. He is still the same player but does not play the same minutes anymore for that kind of award.

kskonn
04-13-2007, 12:58 AM
nash=old man with back problems, and the only reason he gets so much attention is cause, hes the leagues only great white hope they have

what about BONNER???!!!!!!!!!!

or you know to a lesser extent Dirk?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-13-2007, 01:42 AM
Timmy will always be in contention because Tim is still one of the three-five best players in the league. but I think the Spurs have to have a phenomenal season for him to be in real talks, I think he has a chance of getting a 3rd MVP some time, if the FO plays it's cards right for the remainder of Timmy's career.

In the mean time they're just spreading the wealth to the new guys...Well actually they're not. If Steve Nash wins a third. :lol

nowhereman523
04-13-2007, 02:11 AM
duncan's been great for so long, and got his so early in his career, that it is easy to forget him. he should always be in the top 3 candidates in the league for as long as the spurs are one of the few teams that have a legit title shot.

duncan is an easy #2 on my ballot. last year, with his diminished minutes during the regular season, was the only year since drob left that he wasn't in my top 3.

nowhereman523
04-13-2007, 02:11 AM
and i mean, a VERY easy #2 on my ballot.

TDMVPDPOY
04-13-2007, 02:14 AM
i got him runners up though.....

steve nash 3rd at least

if nash wins his 3rd, im goin to stop following nba.

mathbzh
04-13-2007, 02:17 AM
Yes he is a legitimate MVP candidate. He will not be MVP but I don't care while he is the next final's MVP

Go spurs

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-13-2007, 02:28 AM
Yes he is a legitimate MVP candidate. He will not be MVP but I don't care while he is the next final's MVP

Go spurs
Actually I think Manu's gonna get that one, if we go all the way.

:smokin

mathbzh
04-13-2007, 02:34 AM
Actually I think Manu's gonna get that one, if we go all the way.

:smokin
I would be fine with that one :clap

THE SIXTH MAN
04-13-2007, 02:49 AM
I would be fine with that one :clap
Me too.

J.T.
04-13-2007, 03:59 AM
Tim Duncan is always going to be an MVP candidate, but he likely won't ever win again for one simple reason, and that is the talent he is surrounded with. There is so much talent on this team that anyone can have a huge night. We've seen it happen too many times when Manu blows up, and recently how Parker has had huge games. Sometimes Brent will hit five or more threes in a row and have a huge night. Even Jacque has had a few games where he necessarily wasn't lighting up the stats, but made the most of his minutes with big-time hustle plays.

That's not to say that this doesn't happen on teams like Dallas or Phoenix. But with Phoenix, everything goes thru Nash. So maybe someone else has a big night, but Nash racks up a ton of assists. Nowitzki is a great player and is usually a factor when they win games, but I think the Mavs can win without him. Phoenix usually falls on its face when Nash is out. The Lakeshow has some guys who can ball, but if Kobe has an off night they'll probably lose. Anyhow, I think the MVP goes to Dirk this year just because he has been a big part of the Mavs success this year and should be rewarded. Nash is having a better season than last year but I think MVP voters will lean more toward rewarding Dirk for his role in Dallas' monster season. Remember, if Dallas wins out they will have the 2nd best record in league history. I don't care how great Nash's stats are, the MVP should definitely come from that team and in my opinion it has to be Dirk.

Duncan deserves to be considered in the MVP race, but he won't come close to getting the consideration that Dirk and Nash get. IMO, Duncan will finish third in the voting, maybe fourth after Kobe.

Fernando TD21
04-13-2007, 04:41 AM
Tim Duncan is always going to be an MVP candidate, but he likely won't ever win again for one simple reason, and that is the talent he is surrounded with. There is so much talent on this team that anyone can have a huge night. We've seen it happen too many times when Manu blows up, and recently how Parker has had huge games. Sometimes Brent will hit five or more threes in a row and have a huge night. Even Jacque has had a few games where he necessarily wasn't lighting up the stats, but made the most of his minutes with big-time hustle plays.

That's not to say that this doesn't happen on teams like Dallas or Phoenix. But with Phoenix, everything goes thru Nash. So maybe someone else has a big night, but Nash racks up a ton of assists. Nowitzki is a great player and is usually a factor when they win games, but I think the Mavs can win without him. Phoenix usually falls on its face when Nash is out. The Lakeshow has some guys who can ball, but if Kobe has an off night they'll probably lose. Anyhow, I think the MVP goes to Dirk this year just because he has been a big part of the Mavs success this year and should be rewarded. Nash is having a better season than last year but I think MVP voters will lean more toward rewarding Dirk for his role in Dallas' monster season. Remember, if Dallas wins out they will have the 2nd best record in league history. I don't care how great Nash's stats are, the MVP should definitely come from that team and in my opinion it has to be Dirk.

Duncan deserves to be considered in the MVP race, but he won't come close to getting the consideration that Dirk and Nash get. IMO, Duncan will finish third in the voting, maybe fourth after Kobe.
I agree 100% :clap

spursfan09
04-13-2007, 07:58 AM
I think Nash or Dirk should get it, but all that matters is that if you had to pick one player to lead you to a championship during the playoffs, you would have to go with Tim Duncan.