PDA

View Full Version : SAS/DAL WCF's is HUGE

Brutalis
04-13-2007, 12:09 AM
All we have to do is get there, Dallas is pretty much a sure bet. Obviously we will have the tougher road on the way so I'm starting to wager my thoughts on a Spurs/Mavs WCF's and how it could rank with some of the best. I hope it's clean though, more fluid basketball instead of zebra's directing the traffic.

That kind of series means a lot for both sides. Either Dallas gets over the hump and proves they can be consistant and beat the good teams or the Spurs simply put down the Mavs like old times sake and establish yet again NBA supremacy.

However it happens if the series is to be I believe it will be one for the decade. No matter how anyone could look at it, there is bad blood. Duncan and company will mean business and so will Dallas. The tables will be turned, Mavs HCA, MVP, and #1 seed pressure.

Before all the ST playoff trends start I just wanna say HERE WE GO AGAIN!

SequSpur
04-13-2007, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the hump talk. Appreciate it. Go Spurs.

boutons_
04-13-2007, 12:43 AM
Spurs need to steal just one of the first two in Dallas, like Dallas did last year.
I'd love it to be the first one, really put a huge scare in the Mavs to start the series.

Of course, if the Spurs come back to SA 0 -2, could be over.

T Park
04-13-2007, 12:58 AM
of course it could be :rolleyes

just like you said it was over when the Spurs were down 1-3.

This talk is a little premature, lets just worry about Denver first.

Voice of Truth
04-13-2007, 01:35 AM
All we have to do is get there, Dallas is pretty much a sure bet. Obviously we will have the tougher road on the way so I'm starting to wager my thoughts on a Spurs/Mavs WCF's and how it could rank with some of the best. I hope it's clean though, more fluid basketball instead of zebra's directing the traffic.

That kind of series means a lot for both sides. Either Dallas gets over the hump and proves they can be consistant and beat the good teams or the Spurs simply put down the Mavs like old times sake and establish yet again NBA supremacy.

However it happens if the series is to be I believe it will be one for the decade. No matter how anyone could look at it, there is bad blood. Duncan and company will mean business and so will Dallas. The tables will be turned, Mavs HCA, MVP, and #1 seed pressure.

Before all the ST playoff trends start I just wanna say HERE WE GO AGAIN!

No, they won't make it that far...sorry homer

ponky
04-13-2007, 02:14 AM
Spurs need to steal just one of the first two in Dallas, like Dallas did last year.
I'd love it to be the first one, really put a huge scare in the Mavs to start the series.

ummmm....like last year?

nowhereman523
04-13-2007, 02:21 AM
i don't know how a series can be better than the one last year. i really don't comprehend it. i don't remember the last time the league saw 2 teams play each other at such an elite level for such an extended time.

i need to take some serious time off from the nba before the playoffs to prepare for such an eventuality of another grueling series between these two teams.

jaespur21
04-13-2007, 02:23 AM

A timless spurs started 0-2 and won 2 in houston

SAtown
04-13-2007, 02:28 AM
A timless spurs started 0-2 and won 2 in houston

...then lost in SA, and then got embarassed in HOU.

DarrinS
04-13-2007, 08:03 AM
Something tells me, when the Mavs get there (and I think they will), they'll be tired from the first two rounds like the Spurs were last year.

Hell, the Spurs had one night off after a hard fought Kings series and the Mavs still needed a Dork "and one" in a game seven to take it from the old, tired, worn out, Spurs. :king

SpursFanInAustin
04-13-2007, 09:10 AM
...then lost in SA, and then got embarassed in HOU.
Actually it was more like embarrassed in SA, and lost in Hou.....as Game 5 in SA, the Rockets won by 21, and Game 6 in Hou, Rockets won by only 5.

nkdlunch
04-13-2007, 09:12 AM
Dallas is pretty much a sure bet.

you sure about that? that's what ppl said when Dallas was in the finals.

Truth is those chokers could choke anytime, anywhere, vs. anyone.

boutons_
04-13-2007, 10:14 AM
"chokers could choke anytime"

Like the Spurs in the 04 playoffs?

td4mvp21
04-13-2007, 10:17 AM
ummmm....like last year?

:lol

td4mvp21
04-13-2007, 10:21 AM
We shouldn't overlook the Nuggets and particularly the Suns, as fans. Last year we overlooked the entire Western Conference and were talking about a SAS/DET Finals and look what happened. It's going to be hard to just make it to the WCF's. The Suns aren't going to be easy. Personally, I think we'll win in 6 or 7 just because of our defense, but if the Spurs fuck around and let Phoenix get on a roll, then the Spurs could definitely lose that series. Phoenix is a very very good team, despite the fact that they don't play defense. They make up for it with their amazing offense.

SpursDynasty
04-13-2007, 10:27 AM
Spurs are more prepared for Dallas this year..they know what to expect out of them.

Last year's Game 2 caught SA by suprise...they quickly adjusted and took the series 7 games with an OT in game 7, even in position to win at the end of regulation.

Game 2 was why SA lost last year.

monosylab1k
04-13-2007, 10:29 AM
Last year's Game 2 caught SA by suprise...they quickly adjusted.

and promptly lost games 3 and 4....way to go with that quick adjustment.

LEONARD
04-13-2007, 10:35 AM
and promptly lost games 3 and 4....way to go with that quick adjustment.

:lol

Poor SpursDynasty!!! :lol :lol :lol :donkey

leemajors
04-13-2007, 10:40 AM
ummmm....like last year?

reading, it's fundamental!

DubMcDub
04-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Spurs are more prepared for Dallas this year..they know what to expect out of them.

Last year's Game 2 caught SA by suprise...they quickly adjusted and took the series 7 games with an OT in game 7, even in position to win at the end of regulation.

Game 2 was why SA lost last year.

Promptly adjusted?!?! :lol :lol :lol