PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets Sign Wafer, More Help Coming?

JPB
04-13-2007, 07:30 AM
Nuggets Sign Wafer, More Help Coming?
12th April, 2007 - 11:51 pm
Rocky Mountain News -
Von Wafer’s new place of employment will be 15 miles down the road.

The Nuggets are expected to announce today the signing of the Colorado 14ers swingman for the rest of the season, and he will be a candidate to play tonight against the Hornets. They also may sign either point guard Anthony Carter or point Mateen Cleeves, with Carter sounding much more optimistic Thursday night about being selected.

The Nuggets flew Wafer, Carter and Cleeves to Oklahoma City on Thursday, and they worked out at the Ford Center.

"He’s so pumped, you’d have thought he signed a $90 million contract,’’ said Wafer’s agent, Raymond Brothers, who said his client signed Thursday

------

Seems like Denver is very active before entering the playoffs and are preparing to face the Spurs.

AFBlue
04-13-2007, 08:25 AM
Doesn't really affect the Spurs, because I doubt Wafer gets into a playoff game....

degenerate_gambler
04-13-2007, 09:29 AM
what's his nickname....nilly?

Darkwaters
04-13-2007, 09:40 AM
I remember when Von Wafer got dunked on last year by Kirk Snyder. He was completely eclipsed as Snyder flew over him, brushing his crotch across the top of Wafer's head.

That is my only memory of Von Wafer.

T Park
04-13-2007, 09:43 AM
I dont even think either one is able to even be on the playoff roster.

Dave McNulla
04-13-2007, 12:24 PM
i sure hope that denver gets more help!

Rynospursfan
04-13-2007, 12:29 PM
I thought I saw on the bottom line the other day that Von Wafer scored 40 something points in a WNBA oops I mean D league game. Kinda illustrates the disparity in talent between the two leagues.

AFBlue
04-13-2007, 12:34 PM
I dont even think either one is able to even be on the playoff roster.

As long as neither of them have played a regular season game or been signed to a contract this season, they are eligible to play.

Someone that was under contract earlier in the season and got cut would not be eligible...

LakerLanny
04-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Von Wafer couldn't even beat out the incredibly bad Sasha Vujacic for a roster spot on the talent-deprived Lakers.

Not a good sign.

Love,

LakerLanny

MajorMike
04-13-2007, 02:14 PM
I thought I saw on the bottom line the other day that Von Wafer scored 40 something points in a WNBA oops I mean D league game. Kinda illustrates the disparity in talent between the two leagues.

Melvin Sanders won the scoring title 2 years ago in the D League.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-13-2007, 02:20 PM
I think a name change is in order.

Darkwaters
04-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Melvin Sanders won the scoring title 2 years ago in the D League.

Melvin!

JPB
04-13-2007, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE=JPB] They also may sign either point guard Anthony Carter or point Mateen Cleeves, with Carter sounding much more optimistic Thursday night about being selected. QUOTE]

sure Wafer is not the move of the year.

But just seems like they're trying make some little adjustments like maybe signing a PG to "help" AI defend Tony.

Anyway, from what they say the last couple of days and what you can read, they really look like they're believing they can beat SA. :nope

Bruno
04-13-2007, 05:03 PM

It illustrates that being undersized really hurt you when you play in nba and less when you play in minor leagues like the NBDL or in europe.

The main reason why players like Von Wafer, Charles Smith or Melvin Sandersvili have sucked in nba is that they are undersized for their position.

Watch some european games and you will se a lot of talented 6'2" SG, 6'5" PF or 6'8" centers. Some nba players have few BB skills than them, they are just 3 inches bigger.

ChumpDumper
04-13-2007, 05:41 PM
All Von can really do is shoot the three, but that's all Denver needs him to do. Good luck trying to find a guy to match up with Tony, though.

exstatic
04-13-2007, 06:25 PM
The Nuggs couldn't come up with a better practice dummy PG than Anthony Carter? That's pretty fucking sad.

spurs1990
04-13-2007, 09:28 PM
8 str8 for the nuggs. Anyone else pissed we're about to face the hottest team in the 1st round, just like last year.

GD it!