PDA

View Full Version : timvp: I've lost that Knick-lovin' feelin'

Solid D
04-13-2007, 01:34 PM
timvp Looks To Injuries As Knicks Look To Offseason

13th April, 2007 - 1:18 pm
Newsday -
Like many teams, the Knicks have had their fair share of injuries. timvp believes their record would be very different had they been healthy.

"I predicted early-on with the mind-set that the Knicks were going to try to make the playoffs and try to improve from last year," timvp said after perhaps the team's last practice before a meaningful game this season. "Unfortunately, the injuries and things like that kind of hampered them all season and we find ourselves in the position that we're in now, sort of licking our prediction wounds... if you will. Kori tells me not to say "we" when I'm talking about me...but it helps me feel better to say "we" when I'm... er "we're" wrong.

"You can't help but look back and wonder what would have happened if they'd won some of those games that I thought they were supposed to win," timvp said. "Now, I'm settling in with my focus moved to Rasho's Raptors coming out of the East against the Spurs in the West. I just hope that angel luv won't be seeing red and punch me out for jumping on Rasho's bandwagon so late in the game."

http://www.spurstalk.com/slomo06.jpg

timvp
04-13-2007, 01:37 PM
:lol

But to be fair to timvp, he said that the Knicks would be in the playoff race. And to that, he was right.

:smokin

LakerLanny
04-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Compared to the job Larry Brown did in NY last season, Isaiah is looking like a modern day John Wooden.

Love,
LakerLanny

Mr. Body
04-13-2007, 02:09 PM
timvp was right. If Jamal Crawford and David Lee hadn't gone down to injuries, they'd be in the playoffs right now. Those two are the major engines for that team.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-13-2007, 02:13 PM

Nice, D!

ploto
04-13-2007, 02:40 PM
timvp was right. If Jamal Crawford and David Lee hadn't gone down to injuries, they'd be in the playoffs right now. Those two are the major engines for that team.
But almost every team in the East has lost important players this year.

ShoogarBear
04-13-2007, 02:49 PM
When has timvp ever referred to himself as "I"?

T Park
04-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Who did the raptors lose?

Who did the Pistons lose?

Who did the Cavaliers lose?

ShoogarBear
04-13-2007, 02:50 PM
But to be fair to timvp, he said that the Knicks would be in the playoff race. And to that, he was right.

T Park
When has timvp ever referred to himself as "I"?

"I was right :smokin"

ShoogarBear
Who did the raptors lose?

Who did the Pistons lose?

Who did the Cavaliers lose?Are you writing poetry?

ShoogarBear
"I was right :smokin":lmao

mardigan
04-13-2007, 02:52 PM
Didnt they lose Quentin Richardson as well? Thats three important pieces. They would have made the playoffs if not for those losses

angel_luv
04-13-2007, 02:52 PM

Mr. Body
04-13-2007, 02:53 PM
But almost every team in the East has lost important players this year.

That's true, but Wizards lost theirs once their slot was secure. Toronto kept plugging on despite losing Garbajosa, etc., which was a testament to their coaching and chemistry. Same with Miami.

But Knicks literally lost the two guys they couldn't lose. I'm not making excuses for them, but I think it is utterly true: if they had those two guys in the stretch run, they would've stayed in the playoffs. Crawford is very important for improving Curry and is clutch himself, and Lee is the motor that drives all the intangible elements of the team.

Mr. Body
04-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Didnt they lose Quentin Richardson as well? Thats three important pieces. They would have made the playoffs if not for those losses

Yes, thank you. Along with being a nice outside threat, Q is a great rebounder at his position and plays good D.

ata
04-13-2007, 03:05 PM

Aren't all teams in the race at beginning of the season?

1Parker1
04-14-2007, 08:40 AM
:lmao :tu

Soooo, I guess Timvp and I have a different definition of being in the "playoff race." Aside from like one week the Knicks spent in the 8th spot when the Pacers and Nets were in a downward spiral, I don't think anyone really thought they were "in the playoff race" or close to it.

Just admit it, Timvp. You were wrong, I was right. :angel

timvp
04-14-2007, 01:49 PM
:lmao :tu

Soooo, I guess Timvp and I have a different definition of being in the "playoff race." Aside from like one week the Knicks spent in the 8th spot when the Pacers and Nets were in a downward spiral, I don't think anyone really thought they were "in the playoff race" or close to it.

So actually being in the playoffs in April isn't being "in the playoff race"? Before literally half their team went down injured, they were in. And they were still alive until yesterday. Getting eliminated with less than a week to go in the regular season isn't in the race?

Interesting.

Just admit it, Timvp. You were wrong, I was right. :angel

Okay, I admit it. You were right. Knicks had no shot. They weren't in a race and never had hope.

Stupid timvp thinking that being in the playoffs with a couple weeks to go means being in the playoff race.

T Park
04-14-2007, 01:55 PM

I don't get the Knicks hate myself.

whottt
04-14-2007, 02:12 PM
The Knicks just didn't have the health down the stretch.

RC's Boss
04-14-2007, 02:18 PM
You get "red eye" in like 50-70% of the photos. Is it the alchohol?

Das Texan
04-14-2007, 04:26 PM

i get it in 80% of my photos at least.

someone once told me its contacts.

ShoogarBear
04-14-2007, 05:25 PM
I wear contacts and almost never get red eye.

It's a sign that you are possessed by Lucifer.

angel_luv
04-14-2007, 06:47 PM

It is because I have light eyes. :)

ata
04-15-2007, 04:59 AM
So actually being in the playoffs in April isn't being "in the playoff race"? Before literally half their team went down injured, they were in. And they were still alive until yesterday. Getting eliminated with less than a week to go in the regular season isn't in the race?

Interesting.

Okay, I admit it. You were right. Knicks had no shot. They weren't in a race and never had hope.

Stupid timvp thinking that being in the playoffs with a couple weeks to go means being in the playoff race.

So April is a new March, or what?

polandprzem
04-15-2007, 05:11 AM

Every team is in the playoff run till some moment :rolleyes