04-13-2007, 07:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=espnmag/marion

Good article on Marion.

lefty
04-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Who?

lurker
04-13-2007, 08:39 PM
He seems to whine a lot about not being appreciated.

Kobulingam
04-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Great for team chemistry going into playoffs.

lefty
04-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Who ??? :wtf

Kobulingam
04-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Who ??? :wtf

ur uncle

lefty
04-13-2007, 09:45 PM
ur uncle
:wtf

Kobulingam
04-13-2007, 10:36 PM
:wtf

on your dad's side. the one with the lazy eye.

nkdlunch
04-13-2007, 10:39 PM
he's as sensitive as a girl on PMS

T Park
04-13-2007, 10:54 PM
Are they reffering to how he plays in the playoffs?

The invisible man?

Kobulingam
04-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Are they reffering to how he plays in the playoffs?

The invisible man?

Haha.
I remember how Bowen made him disappear in 05 playoffs.

Ronaldo McDonald
04-13-2007, 11:18 PM
The guy is as invisible as he is useless in the playoffs. That's not just a coincidence. What a whiner. The Suns ARE doing something right, otherwise they'd be a pretty shitty, and only then could marion complain.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-13-2007, 11:28 PM
Marion is a pouter.

trueD
04-14-2007, 12:27 AM
I've always admired Marion's game, who in the league can be compared to him? <<< serious question

I didn't know he was the highest paid Suns player, it doesn't make sense for him to be so discontent. A relevant player who entertains thoughts of alienating a great team/situation to be numero uno needs a labotemy.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-14-2007, 12:43 AM
I've always admired Marion's game, who in the league can be compared to him? <<< serious question

yeah, I always thought Marion was a bit of a hybrid position type player.

I think Lebron and Odom are kind of like him, but Marion's got more ups than Odom, and Lebron is just a very loose comparison since he's obviously a superstar, and Marion's just really good.

Marion's defense is pretty good though.

dallaskd
04-14-2007, 12:47 AM
gay.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-14-2007, 12:50 AM
gay.

This definitely was:

Why's he called Matrix? 'Cause his game has special effects.

and this :

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0411/nba_marion_195.jpg

dallaskd
04-14-2007, 12:51 AM
1,300. good night.

ponky
04-14-2007, 12:53 AM
"So what about it, Shawn? Would you rather be a 30-point scorer and an MVP candidate on a lesser team, say, one only flirting with the postseason, than the sidekick to the sidekick in Phoenix? "Wow, that's interesting," he says thoughtfully, as if he's never entertained the prospect before."

Uh yeah, you had your chance in that short stretch when Nash was out and it wasn't interesting...it was hilarious.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-14-2007, 12:55 AM
"I want the recognition. I feel I've done what it takes to get it, but for some reason it hasn't happened. "
-- Shawn Marion

I'm glad none of our big three pout like little sissy girls.

trueD
04-14-2007, 01:03 AM
Uh yeah, you had your chance in that short stretch when Nash was out and it wasn't interesting...it was hilarious.

What happened? I'm intersted to understand how Marion (PF) was expected to cover for Nash (PG).

dallaskd
04-14-2007, 01:08 AM
Marion is no PF.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-14-2007, 01:16 AM
What happened? I'm intersted to understand how Marion (PF) was expected to cover for Nash (PG).

Marion is useless without nash and more importanly is a complete bust when it comes to the playoffs. he's as good as antawn jamison. he's got just as enough recognition as his play warrants. He rebounds well for someone his height, but will always be nothing more than a solid roleplayer. even on a lottery team he wouldn't be even close to a solid #1 option as he dreams himself to be. He's not a guy you would put your franchise's life in.

trueD
04-14-2007, 01:41 AM
He rebounds #9 in the league for his height, #6 steals in steals, #7 in efficiency. He's nearly a 20/10 guy, 4 time all-star....highest paid player on the 2nd best team in the league. He should be happy being a role player, and frankly that's part of his appeal, he's like a plodder, just keeps moving and doing the dirty work.

romad_20
04-14-2007, 01:42 AM
One of the gayest article's I've read about a player. What does he want from people?? He gets the respect that he deserves, but he's not a superstar.

Cry Havoc
04-14-2007, 01:43 AM
Wow, awesome.

He has millions upon millions of dollars, and haggled with a guy to get him -down- to $2,100. Then he drops 15 thou into it.

What a classy guy. I wish I had that kind of money so I could grind someone down to their last dollar for a car I could buy stock/mint condition without blinking.

lefty
04-14-2007, 01:43 AM
on your dad's side. the one with the lazy eye.

Oh, you mean your Mom

Findog
04-14-2007, 01:46 AM
When the Suns have to trade Marion this summer because of salary-cap considerations, I hope he enjoys putting up 25 and 15 for a 35-win Charlotte team next year. Then he'll get the "recognition" he "deserves." Seriously, what a whiny bitch. Knowledgeable basketball fans know how good he is. Aside from the fact that the Spurs are their kryptonite, it doesn't seem like the Suns have the maturity to win a title. Amare and Nash are one-way players, and Marion whines about "getting tha love" while Amare dogged it in rehab last year.

trueD
04-14-2007, 02:01 AM
Wow, awesome.

He has millions upon millions of dollars, and haggled with a guy to get him -down- to $2,100. Then he drops 15 thou into it.

What a classy guy. I wish I had that kind of money so I could grind someone down to their last dollar for a car I could buy stock/mint condition without blinking.
:lol

I found that amusing too. Seems he's a little on the cheap side--goes to Hooter's for 1/2 priced wings, lives in a 3 bedroom condo? Funny.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-14-2007, 02:07 AM
:lol

I found that amusing too. Seems he's a little on the cheap side--goes to Hooter's for 1/2 priced wings, lives in a 3 bedroom condo? Funny.
Yeah, that's clear signs of a cheap bastard there.

I definitely wouldn't bother haggling for cars with that kind of scratch. Just give the guy their money man!

As for the townhouse. I think if I had that kind of money, that attitude's a bit refreshing from this alternative.

http://www.journal-news.com/s/content/oh/story/sports/pro/2007/03/28/ddn032807lebronweb.html (http://)

trueD
04-14-2007, 02:23 AM
http://www.journal-news.com/s/content/oh/story/sports/pro/2007/03/28/ddn032807lebronweb.html (http://)
:lol A barber shop?

I agree, the low-maintenance townhouse idea is a good one. Was listening to an interview with Harold Presley, Kings new Player Associate (or some such thing). He was describing how difficult the transition is for players when they retire, to find a new role in life and take care of their money. For instance, Shaq has plans, Corliss Williamson got an education in real estate, another historic player started buying Wendy's Restaurants, he now owns $300 million worth. Wayman Tisdale always played guitar, etc. and won a Grammy some time back.

Marion seems like a guy who will do well in the NBA after-life.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-14-2007, 08:12 AM
:lol A barber shop? :lol yeah, I think I started cracking up at the Huge Head sculpture complete with Headband.

I agree, the low-maintenance townhouse idea is a good one. Was listening to an interview with Harold Presley, Kings new Player Associate (or some such thing). He was describing how difficult the transition is for players when they retire, to find a new role in life and take care of their money. For instance, Shaq has plans, Corliss Williamson got an education in real estate, another historic player started buying Wendy's Restaurants, he now owns $300 million worth. Wayman Tisdale always played guitar, etc. and won a Grammy some time back.

Marion seems like a guy who will do well in the NBA after-life.
Definitely will be secured.

Interesting stuff. Some of the dumber ones probably go bankrupt despite having a milliondollar bankrolls. And they don't have to be necessarily dumb, just bad with money. But those with long-term approaches definitely are more admirable. I think some are fortunate enough to have jobs in the league waiting for them directly after retirement, however.

leemajors
04-14-2007, 08:38 AM
amare dogged it in rehab? are you on crack?