PDA

View Full Version : Darkest day ever in NBA history?

Rummpd
11-20-2004, 07:14 AM
I believe that this very sad event ,that could have resulted in very serious injury for either a fan or player will be another reason for some not to watch the NBA (except perhaps it could draw some of the idle hockey crowd) = it is hard to defend my favorite sport when fights between players seem to be getting out of hand. Dark, dark day for the NBA; perhaps, the darkest ever.

This was Luke Witte (believe his spelling at OSU and Minnessota who got his face stomped on years ago), Rudy T, Malone to Robinson, etc. rolled into one ugly event that could have stopped on the court with control by referrees and coaches.

This is nothing fun about this - took the entire damper off a great Spurs win on the road etc, just thank God no one was badly hurt and I hope justice is served with some serious fines, suspensions on both sides and to the identifiable responsible jerks in the stands.

MadDoc SADFACE TODAY

whottt
11-20-2004, 07:32 AM
Nah it's not the darkest day in NBA history...it's going to be good for publicity. It's probably the best basketball fight I have seen and I've watched the video about 20 times. No one got hurt...just hand out the suspensions...bust out the lawsuits...for the deserving fans as well as the players...chalk it up to a crazy night.

Stuff like this has always happened in sports, honestly, I don't think it's as bad as it used to be...always has happened and it always will happen. Just punish everyone involved so it will be awhile before it happens again.

I'm sorry but that shot J O'Neal put on that guy was satisfying...in hindsight, he had it coming...and it was a sweet fucking punch.

Rummpd
11-20-2004, 08:49 AM
Your post above that is not defensible.

A player, a fan, or even a cop/ref could have been killed easily last night. NBA does not need or want this kind of publicity.

MadDoc

whottt
11-20-2004, 09:00 AM
It may not want it, but it's got it and it will be publicity...I mean look at the length of the thread and look at how heavy this event is being covered. It is publicity...You are talking about it.

And if death or serious injury is such a concern to you I would think those types of events in NBA history, that have happened, would be the ones you consider the darkest days....not this one...

and nothing can be done to change it now, it happened. If someone had been killed or seriously injured I would have a different outlook...but since no one was killed or seriously injured I don't have the outlook I would have if someone had.

mouse
11-20-2004, 09:03 AM
WE live in a world where WWF and WCW make all the money why would a fight during a basketball game not be good? After all how many times are we still talking about a Pacers game the day after? For every 10 year old kid that was offended there are 1000 adults scrambling to get there VCRs out to record the fight,

Was it wrong? Yes, But was it a bad thing for the NBA? I think not, your average NBA fan is not going to turn in their Season tickets because of a fight, Or change the channel. Heck I am scanning the sports shows as we speak so I can see the dam thing. How can that be bad? Try getting a commercial spot on the next Pacers game,

This has got people talking and any one in radio/Tv/or movies will tell you Bad press is better than no press, just ask Mike Tyson. ask yourselves this? If it is so bad? Why is it the hottest topic on TV as we speak? So to answer your question..Darkest day ever in NBA history? That is hard to say when they are shinning the spotlight on the subject. ask yourselves one thing, When was the last time a Spurs forum had over 5 topics all about another team? The only loser in all this was POOH He finaly goes to a GTG and misses the best pacer game of the year :lmao

whottt
11-20-2004, 09:05 AM
WCW went out of business mouse...which incidentally, was the darkest day in it's history.

mouse
11-20-2004, 09:10 AM
WCW went out of business mouse...which incidentally, was the darkest day in it's history.

^RACK^ But if you really want to be Politically Correct? The darkest day was when G.L.O.W Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling went out of buissness :lmao

Marcus Bryant
11-20-2004, 09:12 AM
Do some remember here what used to go down in Hemisfair? Granted, not any player-fan fights that I can recall, but Puro San Antonio used to throw shit at the opposition.

mouse
11-20-2004, 09:40 AM
That was back in the day, in fact the baseLine Bums used to pelt the NBA players with beers as they left and entered the arena, How soon folks forget.

Aunt Jemima
11-20-2004, 09:59 AM
the darkest day was when the white folks took the picture of my black ass off the pancake box