PDA

View Full Version : Oden will enter NBA draft

Pistons < Spurs
04-13-2007, 11:58 PM
Ohio State star Greg Oden will enter the NBA draft, his father told The Indianapolis Star in a story on its Web site Friday night.

The 7-foot center is widely considered a possible No. 1 draft pick, and Greg Oden Sr. said he was he was comfortable with his son's decision.

"He's the kind of kid that, even though he'll have a lot of money, he needs to do more than just basketball," Greg Oden Sr. said. "They had an exciting season, but why take the chance on him getting hurt?"

Oden and Buckeyes point guard Mike Conley Jr. led Lawrence North of Indianapolis to three straight Indiana high school basketball titles. As freshmen, they led Ohio State to a No. 1 ranking and the NCAA championship game.

Oden's mother, Zoe, told the Star, "Greg told me he wasn't ready to talk about it just yet."

The elder Oden said Conley and fellow Ohio State freshman Daequan Cook also were expected to put their names in the draft.

The players have until midnight on April 29 to declare whether they intend to make themselves available for the NBA draft.

Mike Conley Sr., the former director of elite athlete services for USA Track and Field, has been certified as an NBA agent and is opening a representation firm. The elder Oden said Conley Sr. would represent his son.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2007/news/story?id=2837151

dallaskd
04-13-2007, 11:58 PM
durant>oden

Pugglekicker_21
04-14-2007, 12:02 AM
damn. 4 minutes too slow.

happy days in Memphis and boston..

dallaskd
04-14-2007, 12:10 AM
This years draft is packed. Mavs got 3 second round picks, but no first rounders. Hopefully they can trade up.

DNS Error
04-14-2007, 12:21 AM
All of Memphis has officially gone to happy hour...

People are collapsing on the streets with joy...

now we'll get raped in the lotto I bet.. :depressed

kingsfan
04-14-2007, 09:51 AM
Fill's gonna be a happy camper now, like Kings can get him anyway.

loveThe23
04-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Fill's gonna be a happy camper now, like Kings can get him anyway.

:lol He's not the only one, well maybe CM and him were really looking forward to this, but it looks like we're not getting durant or oden.. well not getting Oden doesn't hurt me anyways. it's called a draft for a reason, we suck really bad and we'll obviously get one of the top picks./

DNS Error
04-14-2007, 12:23 PM
knowing the lotto, you'll end up getting the top pick anyways, and we'll end up ith the 9th pick...

ducks
04-14-2007, 12:27 PM
lakers will get the number one pick if they do not make playoffs

bdictjames
04-14-2007, 12:38 PM
lakers will get the number one pick if they do not make playoffs
If they do get Oden, Phil's gonna build a dynasty around him, Odom and Bryant again. :dizzy

John Patrick
04-15-2007, 01:50 PM
^^^ And I suppose they would trade Bynum?

one too many good young center prospects for the Lakers..

kingsfan
04-15-2007, 02:10 PM
knowing the lotto, you'll end up getting the top pick anyways, and we'll end up ith the 9th pick...Trust me with our luck if there's a 1:1000000000 chance of picking #30 we'll get it.

confined
04-15-2007, 09:14 PM
sportscenter says he's still not sure if he'll enter or not....come on greg think of the $$$$$$$ :drunk