View Full Version : Blaze of Glory
milkyway21
04-14-2007, 01:08 AM
anybody here have plans of watching the Blaze of Glory bout at Alamodome on Saturday?
finally i saw the insides and some of the important places of San Antonio esp the Alamodome Arena, the former home of my favorite sports team San Antonio Spurs. We are so happy that the Pacquiao/Solis fight will be held there.
Hopefully he'll win again(won against Barrera).
maldita21
04-14-2007, 11:27 PM
Pacman Won!!! :toast
Solis went down twice in the 8th round! :p:
8th round knock out! :elephant
thanks to sopcast! Hehe! :smokin
Go Pacman! :ihit
ang galing-galing!
maldita21
04-14-2007, 11:41 PM
http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/8/4/14/f_r3718395915m_a46b077.jpg
... solis goes down... :dizzy
http://img03.picoodle.com/img/img03/8/4/14/f_r669872834m_63741d1.jpg
manny won! :ihit
maldita21
04-14-2007, 11:51 PM
http://img03.picoodle.com/img/img03/8/4/14/f_mannysombrem_0916d41.jpg
San Antonio seems to be a lucky city for Manny, first Barrera... :toast
and now, the "undefeated" Solis! Well now, he's no longer undefeated! :rolleyes
redskinfan
04-15-2007, 12:32 AM
I wonder how well it was attended, I wish i could have gone but had other plans.
KFRebel
04-15-2007, 01:06 AM
Galing ni Manny. Wala yan sa "age" o "reach", nasa ekspiryensa yan.
KFRebel
04-15-2007, 01:16 AM
Oh yeah! Remember that Thai boxer who was also undefeated? "Yanig Sa Taguig"?
milkyway21
04-16-2007, 10:14 PM
http://img03.picoodle.com/img/img03/8/4/14/f_mannysombrem_0916d41.jpg
San Antonio seems to be a lucky city for Manny, first Barrera... :toast
and now, the "undefeated" Solis! Well now, he's no longer undefeated! :rolleyes
whoa! what a nice pic . Thanks, Maldita! BTW, who' is that guy he's with in the picture?
Pacman sure thinks The Alamodome is one of his favorite arena. He's undefeated here.
:tu for beating Solis, Manny!!!!
LEONARD
04-17-2007, 11:29 AM
Boxing???
tlongII
04-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Boxing???
Yes, boxing Leonard. I love MMA, but I love boxing too. My guess is that top level boxers would beat the shit out of MMA dudes if they were just striking.
2centsworth
04-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Yes, boxing Leonard. I love MMA, but I love boxing too. My guess is that top level boxers would beat the shit out of MMA dudes if they were just striking.
:tu
LEONARD
04-17-2007, 01:30 PM
Yes, boxing Leonard. I love MMA, but I love boxing too. My guess is that top level boxers would beat the shit out of MMA dudes if they were just striking.
sorry, I was going to type more after "boxing" but fell asleep just thinking about it ;) j/k I used to like boxing but it's just boring to me now...
Striking to include kicks? Or just "boxing?" Boxing...absolutely...the boxer will take it almost every time. Probably not as dominantly as boxers would lose to MMA fighters in an MMA match though (MMA fighters train some boxing but boxers train nothing on the ground). Striking (ie, 4 pt strikes)...probably a mixture, depending on the ability of the MMA fighter to throw kicks to outweight their boxing disadvantage. For example, Crocop would probably destroy just about any boxer in a striking match because of his kicks...he has boxing experience too though.
By the way, Dana White upped his anty for Floyd Mayweather Jr to fight Sean Sherk in the UFC...$2 million now. It was $1M initially after Mayweather said that the "UFC ain't shit...anybody can put a tattoo on their head and get in a street fight" :dizzy If it's that easy you'd think he'd take the easy $2M, right? ;)
and add James Toney to the list of boxers that are talking trash about the UFC...
http://www.boxingconfidential.com/articles.php?id=1256
The fact that they're talking about it means they're taking notice. At least Toney admits that most boxers wouldn't hang in an MMA match.
Jeremy Williams is the biggest name boxer to make the transition and he's been pretty good so far...
I think we're going to see more guys making the transition in the next few years...
2centsworth
04-17-2007, 04:00 PM
sorry, I was going to type more after "boxing" but fell asleep just thinking about it ;) j/k I used to like boxing but it's just boring to me now...
Striking to include kicks? Or just "boxing?" Boxing...absolutely...the boxer will take it almost every time. Probably not as dominantly as boxers would lose to MMA fighters in an MMA match though (MMA fighters train some boxing but boxers train nothing on the ground). Striking (ie, 4 pt strikes)...probably a mixture, depending on the ability of the MMA fighter to throw kicks to outweight their boxing disadvantage. For example, Crocop would probably destroy just about any boxer in a striking match because of his kicks...he has boxing experience too though.
By the way, Dana White upped his anty for Floyd Mayweather Jr to fight Sean Sherk in the UFC...$2 million now. It was $1M initially after Mayweather said that the "UFC ain't shit...anybody can put a tattoo on their head and get in a street fight" :dizzy If it's that easy you'd think he'd take the easy $2M, right? ;)
and add James Toney to the list of boxers that are talking trash about the UFC...
http://www.boxingconfidential.com/articles.php?id=1256
The fact that they're talking about it means they're taking notice. At least Toney admits that most boxers wouldn't hang in an MMA match.
Jeremy Williams is the biggest name boxer to make the transition and he's been pretty good so far...
I think we're going to see more guys making the transition in the next few years...
$2 mil is not nearly enough to get floyd in the ring. Make it $15 mil and I think you would see floyd do it. I agree that boxers talking smack about the MMA is dumb.
LEONARD
04-17-2007, 04:41 PM
$2 mil is not nearly enough to get floyd in the ring. Make it $15 mil and I think you would see floyd do it. I agree that boxers talking smack about the MMA is dumb.
I know $2M is a fraction of his typical payday, but it's easy money according to him...
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.5 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions Inc. All rights reserved.