PDA

View Full Version : Suns at Jazz game blog

CubanMustGo
04-14-2007, 08:04 PM
just in case anyone is interested ... both teams want to win to solidify playoff positioning tonight.

Horry For 3!
04-14-2007, 08:06 PM
I will be going for the Jazz.

CubanMustGo
04-14-2007, 08:08 PM
SUNS-JAZZ SERIES HISTORY: Phoenix will try to avoid being swept by Utah for the second time in series history (1999-2000, 0-4)… The Suns have lost all three meetings in 2006-07 by a combined 10 points… Phoenix has captured six of the last 11 contests, but the Jazz have won all three meetings in 2006-07 by a combined 10 points… Jazz Head Coach Jerry Sloan earned his 900th career coaching victory over Phoenix on Feb. 7, 2004… Utah has won 27 of the last 41 overall meetings in the series… The Suns lead the all-time series 75-65 including an impressive 50-20 mark in the Valley of the Sun… Utah has won five of the last eight meetings in the Valley of the Sun.

Shank
04-14-2007, 08:10 PM
That Boozer kid is pretty decent.

CubanMustGo
04-14-2007, 08:14 PM
Phoenix out to a quick 6-0 start, Sloan takes a TO before things get too bad.

CubanMustGo
04-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Didn't work. Now 13-1 as Okur, Fisher, Boozer are a combined 0-7. Yeesh.

Budkin
04-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Come on Jazz ya bastards!

CubanMustGo
04-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Like watching a pinball game ... 23-10, Amare with 7 and Bell wiith 6. The only Utah player to show up so far is Harpring (6). Boozer 0-4, Fisher 0-3.

CubanMustGo
04-14-2007, 08:28 PM
Boozer in a daze ... throwing up brick after brick, must have watched Kobe last night. Utah takes another timeout down 29-14, 2:14 left in the first.

efrem1
04-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Don't do this to us tonight Utah!!!! :madrun

http://www.chazhound.com/pictures/data/501/871codi_4months_rollover.jpg

SpursDynasty
04-14-2007, 08:34 PM
I think it's becoming increasingly obvious that all teams outside of Dallas, SA and Phoenix suck.

boutons_
04-14-2007, 08:35 PM
Jazz having one of their extremely cold shooting spells, 34%

CubanMustGo
04-14-2007, 08:36 PM
Well, Utah did manage to beat the Suns in their previous three meetings this year ... but doesn't look like it tonight. 32-19 Suns after one. 5 assists for Nash.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-14-2007, 08:44 PM
utah making a strong push

CubanMustGo
04-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Lots of turnovers by Amare and Diaw tonight are about the only things keeping Utah in it .. Amare travelled last possession, then lost it to Fisher and fouled him in the act. Jazz within 8 at 36-28 now, 8:30 left in 2nd.

boutons_
04-14-2007, 08:45 PM
Amare's a punk. Gets stripped by Fish, then pushes Fish in the back to the floor. chickenshit

Amarelooms
04-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Amare's a punk. Gets stripped by Fish, then pushes Fish in the back to the floor. chickenshit

Amare might be a punk but he also LOOMS

ducks
04-14-2007, 08:50 PM
amare has 3 fouls

CubanMustGo
04-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Amare picks up another offensive foul , that's three, and a tech for whining about it. Waaah. 43-34, 6:24.

ducks
6:24 PHO - Technical foul on A. Stoudemire

Findog
just in case anyone is interested ... both teams want to win to solidify playoff positioning tonight.

Go Suns, I think...Yeah, the sooner they clinch, then they'll have nuttin to play for against the Clippers. Warriors need help to get in, whereas LAC control their own destiny. Their game at Phoenix is the biggest roadblock to the playoffs.

ducks
04-14-2007, 08:53 PM
suns shooting 63% nice d jazz

CubanMustGo
04-14-2007, 08:57 PM
Crap, here comes Mr. Can't Shoot Straight (Boozer). Just what UTA needs trailing 48-37 ... and he immediately turns it over on an offensive foul. Is this guy TRYING to throw the game??

Sloan has to be besides himself. Jazz aren't playing worth crap tonight.

SpursFanFirst
04-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Let's go Utah!!! Anyone see what's happening with that Denver game? Are they resting their players? How is Memphis able to keep up with them?

CubanMustGo
04-14-2007, 09:00 PM
Okur picks up two quick fouls and a tech, Boozer throws another one away ... geez,

54-39 with Marion to shoot two after a timeout.

ducks
04-14-2007, 09:03 PM
boozer has been playing well but is sucking today

ducks
04-14-2007, 09:06 PM
sloan needed to call more timeouts earlier
they were within 5

Findog
04-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Let's go Utah!!! Anyone see what's happening with that Denver game? Are they resting their players? How is Memphis able to keep up with them?

Denver has nothing to play for. They can't move up to #5 and they can't fall to #7. Locked in at 6.

boutons_
04-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Suns may get 70 for the half. Jazz really stinking on both ends.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-14-2007, 09:07 PM
WTF, suns blew this out in a hurry

they win tonight, i think the #2 seed for the spurs is done for

CubanMustGo
04-14-2007, 09:08 PM
This game is over - Jazz are playing like they got no sleep last night. 68-46 at the half and should have been 70 as Marion blew a layup.

Findog
I don't see why you Spurs fans are obsessed with catching the Suns for #2. You're gonna beat em in 6 anyway, HCA or not.

01Snake
Ass beating

SpursFanFirst
04-14-2007, 09:12 PM
Denver has nothing to play for. They can't move up to #5 and they can't fall to #7. Locked in at 6.

I agree, which is why I can't figure out why their starters are playing so many minutes...and then they're losing on top of it?

T Park
04-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Game over. Phoenix gets the number 2 seed.

Spurs vs Denver.

Start up the presses.

boutons_
04-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Now there is less motivation for the Spurs to play 100% vs Mavs.

A Jazz win would have kept the Spurs 2nd seed hopes in play.

ponky
04-14-2007, 09:42 PM

yup, and there is less motivation for the suns to play hard against the clippers

KEEP THOSE STARTERS IN THERE D'ANTONI....IT'S ONLY A 25 POINT LEAD!!!

ThomasGranger
04-14-2007, 09:44 PM

The third seed is starting to look like a lock for the Spurs right now, but the Suns could still lose to the Rockets and Clippers.

ponky
04-14-2007, 09:50 PM
The third seed is starting to look like a lock for the Spurs right now, but the Suns could still lose to the Rockets and Clippers.

highly doubtful

ThomasGranger
04-14-2007, 09:54 PM
highly doubtful

From "wouldn't matter" to "highly doubtful"?

Although I agree that it's unlikely the Suns would lose both, the Rockets aren't going to give up a chance to lock up HCA, so I wouldn't put that one in the W column for the Suns just yet.

And, if the Rockets get that win, you can bet the Suns are going to go all out against the Clips.

Amarelooms
04-14-2007, 09:59 PM

Although I agree that it's unlikely the Suns would lose both, the Rockets aren't going to give up a chance to lock up HCA, so I wouldn't put that one in the W column for the Suns just yet.

And, if the Rockets get that win, you can bet the Suns are going to go all out against the Clips.

Rockets have NO...NONE...ZERO chance against the Suns. Have you ever seen these teams play eachother? Yao is worthless against them...he gets run out the gym. Suns win by 20+ easily :elephant

ponky
04-14-2007, 10:05 PM

i'm not afraid to admit when i made a mistake...i thought it wouldn't matter but then remembered that they weren't in the same division. i guess we'll have to wait and see what happens tomorrow, either way i want the suns and spurs to play long and hard!

:lol

ponky
04-14-2007, 10:09 PM
NASH with 39 min and there's still 6 min left in the game, Marion with 40 min...23 point suns lead....AWESOME D'ANTONI, GET THOSE PLAYERS READY FOR THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Amarelooms
04-14-2007, 10:13 PM
NASH with 39 min and there's still 6 min left in the game, Marion with 40 min...23 point suns lead....AWESOME D'ANTONI, GET THOSE PLAYERS READY FOR THE PLAYOFFS!!!

Your outfit tonight? :elephant

da_suns_fan__
04-14-2007, 10:22 PM
yup, and there is less motivation for the suns to play hard against the clippers

KEEP THOSE STARTERS IN THERE D'ANTONI....IT'S ONLY A 25 POINT LEAD!!!

Ponky, I think you are becoming too serious with this stuff.

ThomasGranger
04-14-2007, 10:23 PM
D'Antoni is an idiot.

da_suns_fan__
04-14-2007, 10:24 PM

What boxscore are YOU looking at?

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270414026

I see Nash and Marion both at 34 min each with 1:34 left to go in the game.

Nashfan
04-14-2007, 10:47 PM

What boxscore are you looking at? Yahoo has Nash at 35 minutes. At least we blew them out and the Mavs lost with Dirk playing either 29 or 30 minutes, and I'm not sure on Howards minutes but they weren't light. They were not exactly hard minutes for Nash either. Coach basically used our whole bench except for Marks I think. Couldn't watch this game live since I'm visiting in another state. I think you are a bit obsessed with the Suns actually.

Findog
04-14-2007, 10:52 PM
What boxscore are you looking at? Yahoo has Nash at 35 minutes. At least we blew them out and the Mavs lost with Dirk playing either 29 or 30 minutes, and I'm not sure on Howards minutes but they weren't light. They were not exactly hard minutes for Nash either. Coach basically used our whole bench except for Marks I think. Couldn't watch this game live since I'm visiting in another state. I think you are a bit obsessed with the Suns actually.

Give me a fucking break -- I think J-Ho logged 32, Dirk had 31. Stack, Terry and Damp sat. It was a close game until early in the fourth -- when the Jazz pulled away, we had Barea, Mensa-Bonsu, Willis, Ager and Buck out there.

ponky
04-14-2007, 10:56 PM
What boxscore are YOU looking at?

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270414026

I see Nash and Marion both at 34 min each with 1:34 left to go in the game.

fuck nba.com, i absolutely cannot understand why they can't keep their realtime scores REAL and accurate...my bad, anyway, i'm just bored and biding time until the playoffs, don't pay me any mind.

ponky
04-14-2007, 10:58 PM

lol, i can understand as a suns fan, that this would be a big deal if it were nash since the team relies on him so much, but look at the big picture and stop posting like you don't know how to read a boxscore...do not make me lay it out for you, that would be pretty pathetic on your part

Nashfan
04-14-2007, 11:04 PM
lol, i can understand as a suns fan, that this would be a big deal if it were nash since the team relies on him so much, but look at the big picture and stop posting like you don't know how to read a boxscore...do not make me lay it out for you, that would be pretty pathetic on your part

Calm down!
All I am saying is 30 minutes or 35 minutes isn't that big a difference in the long run. Our guy's have not been playing well lately and I think coach wants them to start getting their heads into the games to get ready for the playoffs.

Roxsfan
04-14-2007, 11:06 PM

Yep. First time this season that we don't play them(suns) on the 2nd night of a b2b. Playing at home, with everyone healthy, 3-s raining, rested, and a chance to lock HCA. I like our chances. Plus it would help if the Mavs beat the Spurs..as much as that would suck...it would mean the Suns won't go as full-on-out.

:nope

Rockets have NO...NONE...ZERO chance against the Suns. Have you ever seen these teams play eachother? Yao is worthless against them...he gets run out the gym. Suns win by 20+ easily :elephant

Ordinarily I would agree its a loss, but due to the above in blue...Roxs have a decent chance for a W.

ponky
04-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Calm down!
All I am saying is 30 minutes or 35 minutes isn't that big a difference in the long run. Our guy's have not been playing well lately and I think coach wants them to start getting their heads into the games to get ready for the playoffs.

lol, you calm down, i'm just talking smack for the sake of talking smack, nothing too serious right now, suns are doing just fine

Nashfan
04-14-2007, 11:08 PM
Give me a fucking break -- I think J-Ho logged 32, Dirk had 31. Stack, Terry and Damp sat. It was a close game until early in the fourth -- when the Jazz pulled away, we had Barea, Mensa-Bonsu, Willis, Ager and Buck out there.

If you are saying Howard played 32 and Dirk 31, there isn't much difference between some of our guy's minutes played. We for once actually played our whole bench, which is nice. I just like the fact that we finally showed up against Utah and blew them out. Some of you Mav fans get your panties in a bunch!! :lol

Nashfan
04-14-2007, 11:10 PM
lol, you calm down, i'm just talking smack for the sake of talking smack, nothing too serious right now, suns are doing just fine

Nothing for me to calm down about. I'm not upset at all. :lol

Nashfan
04-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Yep. First time this season that we don't play them(suns) on the 2nd night of a b2b. Playing at home, with everyone healthy, 3-s raining, rested, and a chance to lock HCA. I like our chances. Plus it would help if the Mavs beat the Spurs..as much as that would suck...it would mean the Suns won't go as full-on-out.

:nope

Ordinarily I would agree its a loss, but due to the above in blue...Roxs have a decent chance for a W.

Don't get your hopes up too high. :)

Roxsfan
04-14-2007, 11:12 PM
Nothing for me to calm down about. I'm not upset at all. :lol

So whats the talk in Phoenix.....Suns are going to come to H-town with guaranteed Rocket-ownage and get the W?

Roxsfan
04-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Don't get your hopes up too high. :)

the nba is the league of "On Any Given Night", right :wtf :ihit

Don't get your hopes for a W too high :p:

Nashfan
04-14-2007, 11:17 PM
So whats the talk in Phoenix.....Suns are going to come to H-town with guaranteed Rocket-ownage and get the W?

I don't know, I don't live in Phoenix anymore and I'm out of town right now anyway. We don't seem to have much trouble against your team with our speed we seem to tire out Yao a lot. There is always a first time though! :)

Roxsfan
04-14-2007, 11:19 PM
I don't know, I don't live in Phoenix anymore and I'm out of town right now anyway. We don't seem to have much trouble against your team with our speed we seem to tire out Yao a lot. There is always a first time though! :)

Well, if it doesn't happen Monday, it never will......our boys need to run the court like this :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun to keep up with the suns.

:)

Nashfan
04-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Well, if it doesn't happen Monday, it never will......our boys need to run the court like this :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun to keep up with the suns.

:)

Your funny! :lmao

Xylus
04-15-2007, 04:02 AM
don't pay me any mind.
Don't worry, we don't. :blah

ponky
04-15-2007, 07:34 AM
Don't worry, we don't. :blah

me worry about anything suns related?

:lmao

Nashfan
04-15-2007, 11:59 AM
me worry about anything suns related?

:lmao

LOL, then why do you always stick your nose into anything to do with the Suns?

da_suns_fan__
04-15-2007, 12:04 PM
LOL, then why do you always stick your nose into anything to do with the Suns?

Co-Sign.

trueD
04-15-2007, 01:16 PM
~*~Further posting adventures of ponky from this lone thread~*~

ThomasGranger: "the Rockets aren't going to give up a chance to lock up HCA, so I wouldn't put that one in the W column for the Suns just yet. "

ponky: "i thought it wouldn't matter but then remembered that they weren't in the same division."

ponky: "NASH with 39 min and there's still 6 min left in the game, Marion with 40 min...23 point suns lead....AWESOME D'ANTONI, GET THOSE PLAYERS READY FOR THE PLAYOFFS!!!"

Nashfan: "What boxscore are you looking at? Yahoo has Nash at 35 minutes."

ponky: "fuck nba.com, i absolutely cannot understand why they can't keep their realtime scores REAL and accurate...my bad"

(Question: If the realtime scores were misread by ponky wouldn't the stats be LOWER and not HIGHER?)

ponky to Nashfan: "stop posting like you don't know how to read a boxscore...do not make me lay it out for you, that would be pretty pathetic on your part"

ponky: "KEEP THOSE STARTERS IN THERE D'ANTONI....IT'S ONLY A 25 POINT LEAD!!!"

ponky: "i'm just talking smack for the sake of talking smack .... suns are doing just fine"

Girl .... put a sock in it! Nothing you type has credibility. What you say is copied from what others say AND from what others say to you. Your plagiarism has no bounds!

Have I laid it all out for your pathetic ass?

Amarelooms
04-15-2007, 01:18 PM

ThomasGranger: "the Rockets aren't going to give up a chance to lock up HCA, so I wouldn't put that one in the W column for the Suns just yet. "

ponky: "i thought it wouldn't matter but then remembered that they weren't in the same division."

ponky: "NASH with 39 min and there's still 6 min left in the game, Marion with 40 min...23 point suns lead....AWESOME D'ANTONI, GET THOSE PLAYERS READY FOR THE PLAYOFFS!!!"

ponky: "fuck nba.com, i absolutely cannot understand why they can't keep their realtime scores REAL and accurate...my bad"

*Question: If the realtime scores were misread by ponky wouldn't the stats be LOWER and not HIGHER?

ponky to Nashfan: "stop posting like you don't know how to read a boxscore...do not make me lay it out for you, that would be pretty pathetic on your part"

ponky: "i'm just talking smack for the sake of talking smack .... suns are doing just fine"

Girl .... put a sock in it! Nothing you type has credibility. What you say is copied from what others say AND from what others say to you. Your plagiarism has no bounds!

Her ass is not pathetic I hear...hope to see it one day for myself :elephant

trueD
04-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Her ass is not pathetic I hear...hope to see it one day for myself :elephant
You're getting closer! "Addidas running clothes...like to be cool", etc.

She's oblivious. :lol

Amarelooms
04-15-2007, 01:30 PM
You're getting closer! "Addidas running clothes...like to be cool", etc.

She's oblivious. :lol

How dare you...stop being rude and learn to treat people with respect. She has a right to her opinions. Stop being a douche bag :elephant

trueD
04-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Opinions? Okay.

Facts? How do you KNOW she has Addidas running clothes...can you look it up?

pwnd. :lol

Nashfan
04-15-2007, 01:45 PM

(Question: If the realtime scores were misread by ponky wouldn't the stats be LOWER and not HIGHER?)

:tu :lmao

RonMexico
04-15-2007, 05:41 PM
Good game - very surprising and enjoyable output by the team.

ponky
04-15-2007, 08:20 PM
:tu :lmao

i hate it when lesbos follow me around...hey trueD, just say no to stalking, you can do it *girl*

ponky
04-15-2007, 08:23 PM
How dare you...stop being rude and learn to treat people with respect. She has a right to her opinions. Stop being a douche bag :elephant

lol, it's alright amarelooms, i didn't answer your question the other night and she thought she was being cheeky. i obviously meant *cool* as in their coolmax products that wick sweat away from your body and help you stay cool as in body temperature. i don't care about some hip brand when i go jogging, it's not about that when working out, save that silly stuff for the people who frequent 24 hour fitness or whatever, i work out on the running trail

Roxsfan
04-16-2007, 11:23 PM

you were saying :smokin :nope

do you have any stock tips, you are good at prognosticating. :dizzy

Yao had a worthless 34 points and nine rebounds and 1 block, 1 asst
Yao was 14-of-20 and 6-for-6 from the free throw line.

T-Mac, nearly triple double combining for for 73 pts...mac and ming.

Roxsfan
04-16-2007, 11:24 PM
Your funny! :lmao

and they DID run like this :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun

Man the Suns are pesky!

ratm1221
04-16-2007, 11:28 PM
you were saying :smokin :nope

do you have any stock tips, you are good at prognosticating. :dizzy

Yao had a worthless 34 points and nine rebounds and 1 block
Yao was 14-of-20 and 6-for-6 from the free throw line.

T-Mac, nearly triple double combining for for 73 pts...mac and ming.

I wish I could have seen the game. I told the wife that we are getting league pass next year. I've had to miss too many good games.

Roxsfan
04-17-2007, 12:22 AM
I wish I could have seen the game. I told the wife that we are getting league pass next year. I've had to miss too many good games.

I love to see the key mav,spurs, and suns games too... But I only can rely on espn, tnt, abc, and nba tv...ohh, and I have seen some while in Dallas on business.

ponky
04-17-2007, 12:40 AM

make sure you get tivo with that league pass, it makes all the difference in the world...that is, if you don't already have tivo

Nashfan
04-17-2007, 03:16 PM
and they DID run like this :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun

Man the Suns are pesky!

Congrats on the win. I wish I could have seen the game but I am out of town. Good luck in the playoffs.