PDA

View Full Version : ABC says suspensions are indefinite

FromWayDowntown
11-20-2004, 02:30 PM
John Saunders just reported on ABC that Artest, O'Neal, Jackson, and Ben Wallace have all been suspended indefinitely.

That makes sense, given that Indy plays tonight -- rather than rush to reach an ultimate conclusion, suspend them indefinitely for now, think about it some more, then reach a final decision on an appropriate suspension for each player.

For once, a sensible move by the NBA.

missmyzte
11-20-2004, 02:34 PM
Yup, they just reported that on ESPN as well.

missmyzte
11-20-2004, 02:37 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZmFlcXBpBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=ap-pacers-pistonsbrawl&prov=ap&type=lgns

NBA indefinitely suspends Artest, O'Neal, Jackson, Wallace

November 20, 2004
NEW YORK (AP) -- The NBA suspended Ron Artest, Jermaine O'Neal and Stephen Jackson of Indiana and Ben Wallace of Detroit on Saturday for taking part in one of the ugliest brawls in U.S. sports history.

The suspensions were indefinite, and the league was still investigating Friday night's melee, which commissioner David Stern called ``shocking, repulsive and inexcusable -- a humiliation for everyone associated with the NBA.''

The league issued a statement saying it was reviewing rules and security procedures ``so that fans can continue to attend our games unthreatened by events such as the ones that occurred last night.''

boutons
11-20-2004, 02:53 PM
hmm, IND without JO, SJ, RT are .... schedule filler.

tsb2000
11-20-2004, 03:00 PM
I think Stern is going to do his best Trump imitation for Artest and tell him "you're fired!"

Kori Ellis
11-20-2004, 03:05 PM
David Stern's statement:

NEW YORK, Nov. 20 -- NBA Commissioner David Stern issued the following statement today:

“The events at last night’s game were shocking, repulsive and inexcusable -- a humiliation for everyone associated with the NBA. This demonstrates why our players must not enter the stands whatever the provocation or poisonous behavior of people attending the games. Our investigation is ongoing and I expect it to be completed by tomorrow evening.

The NBA has taken the following actions, effective immediately:

1. Indiana players Ron Artest, Stephen Jackson and Jermaine O’Neal are suspended indefinitely, the length to be determined upon completion of the investigation.

2. Detroit player Ben Wallace is suspended indefinitely, the length to be determined upon completion of the investigation.

3. Review of rules and procedures relating to altercations and security have been undertaken so that fans can continue to attend our games

Kori Ellis
11-20-2004, 03:07 PM
Our investigation is ongoing and I expect it to be completed by tomorrow evening.

I guess I can open the vBookie's on the subject for at least 24 hours more.

ducks
11-20-2004, 03:08 PM
so who wins the vbookie money? :spin

sounds like some harsh suspensions are coming

just think all this money the nba will be making :rolleyes

timvp
11-20-2004, 03:11 PM
This demonstrates why our players must not enter the stands whatever the provocation or poisonous behavior of people attending the games.

This means Ron Artest is going to be suspended for a LONG time. He might as well get ready for training camp next season.

ducks
11-20-2004, 03:13 PM
if pacers wins the first pick out of this that would be soooooooo wrong

only good news for pacer fans

I used to think pacers are ok
I actually am now thinking they are a complete disgrace to the nba

larry bird lies about firing thomas to oneal their star player
then they keep ron and not buyout his contract or trade him
and then stephen jackson and oneal do what they do

ducks
11-20-2004, 03:16 PM
it also means that stephen the great jackson will be GONE FOR A LONG TIME
I am actually thinking he might be gone as long as ron

Kori Ellis
11-20-2004, 03:21 PM
As far as I can tell, with Artest, JO and Jack out the Pacers will have only these players available:

Croshere
Edwards
Gill
Harrison
F. Jones
J. Jones
Tinsley

Because Bender, Foster, Johnson, Miller and Pollard all hurt.

FromWayDowntown
11-20-2004, 03:27 PM
Don't they have to dress 8 by rule?

The league may make them dress one of the injured players (or bring someone off of IL) for tonight's game. Whatever the case, they've got big problems if these suspensions are as long as they should be.

Kori Ellis
11-20-2004, 03:30 PM
I would think they'd just have one of their five injured players put on a warmup -- then they could play because eight would be dressed.

My point really is that they'll have a seven-man rotation for a while. They might as well shoot for the lottery if Artest/Jack get more than 20 games.

FromWayDowntown
11-20-2004, 03:32 PM
My point really is that they'll have a seven-man rotation for a while.

Point taken. I'd be shocked if the league decided to stagger these suspensions, too.

Marcus Bryant
11-20-2004, 03:33 PM
Who cares? Make 'em forfeit. What a sorry ass franchise. They've enabled Artest's behavior during his time with the Pacers and now look what happened.

I feel bad for Jack because prior to this he didn't have a rep for anything like this at all.

But O'Neal deserves a special fine for being so fucking stupid as to even get involved and especially to do what he did. You can understand that a player who originally went up into the stands to break up a fight ends up getting mixed up in something, but O'Neal's suckerpunch was totally uncalled for.

Kori Ellis
11-20-2004, 03:33 PM
I think the Big Three will have to be suspended at the same time. Then they'll stagger the suspension of Tinsley and F Jones (who may get 2-3 games) and the other players that left the bench who might get one.

ducks
11-20-2004, 03:34 PM
They might as well shoot for the lottery if Artest/Jack get more than 20 games.

I think the nba should not give them a lottery pick out of this

THAT WOULD BE SO WRONG

you reward a organization for being total classless and get them a chance for the number one draft pick

timvp
11-20-2004, 03:35 PM
Tinsley should get at least five games for getting the dustpan or whatever.

Kori Ellis
11-20-2004, 03:36 PM
I feel bad for Jack because prior to this he didn't have a rep for anything like this at all.

I stopped feeling bad for Jack last night. I have defend him as much as Ghost has in the past. But he tried to fight Lindsay Hunter when the chaos was already simmering down, then when he went into the stands -- he had no intention at all of just pulling out Artest. He went in to fight and only to fight. So I put him on the punk list and wrote him off.

I really thought that he wasn't a punk. He had his third baby and got married this summer and wanted long-term security and a clean organization. And last night, he was nothing but a ghetto thug.

:flipoff Jack

I cried when he didn't re-sign in S.A.

Wasted tears.

Useruser666
11-20-2004, 03:39 PM
They should get matching time in jail for however many games they are suspended.

IcemanCometh
11-20-2004, 03:39 PM
lots of 10 day contact times for the pacers

Marcus Bryant
11-20-2004, 03:40 PM
Jack done F'ed up. No doubt about it. But why was anyone in the seats in the first place? Ron Artest. Jack has never done anything remotely like that before in the league.

The Pacers have not dealt with Artest as they needed to. Instead of him improving his behavior he's simply continued to fuck up.

Kori Ellis
11-20-2004, 03:40 PM
They have 15 roster spots filled. They can't sign anyone to 10-day contract without cutting people.

Kori Ellis
11-20-2004, 03:41 PM
The Pacers have not dealt with Artest as they needed to. Instead of him improving his behavior he's simply continued to fuck up.

I agree. I went off about this same thing last night.

IcemanCometh
11-20-2004, 03:42 PM
this is all isaih thomas' fault

ducks
11-20-2004, 03:42 PM
spurs tried to tell him but you could not teach him so
he pays big bucks

timvp
11-20-2004, 03:43 PM
Artest should be suspended for the season and put in counseling. Jack and JO deserve 10-15 games.

I'm not sure about Ben Wallace. If Artest doesn't go in the crowd, Wallace probably only gets suspended for one game. Should he be to blame for Artest going crazy?

TheWriter
11-20-2004, 04:29 PM
Tinsley should get at least five games for getting the dustpan or whatever.

Did you not see the mess the fans made? Popcorn here, nacho chips there, beer splattered everywhere, trash covering the floor corner to corner. The guy was simply trying to clean up the place.

TheWriter
11-20-2004, 04:30 PM
Artest should be suspended for the season and put in counseling. Jack and JO deserve 10-15 games.

I'm not sure about Ben Wallace. If Artest doesn't go in the crowd, Wallace probably only gets suspended for one game. Should he be to blame for Artest going crazy?

Who do you blame for his smashing the tv? For fighting with Pat Riley? For his countless dirty plays?

His short tempered hotheaded mind sets itself off.

boutons
11-20-2004, 04:37 PM
Artest is psychotic. I was amazed in the EC championship game how he committed that flagrant, series-blowing flagrant foul while perfectly stone-cold stone-faced. At least, you can see the high emotion in a Rasheed or any normal persoon. Artest is abnormal. A certifiable sicko.

nzkickass
11-20-2004, 04:57 PM
Thoes Detriot fans are a disgrace, they should be punished big time aswell as the players. I couldn't belive fans would do such a thing, like when the Pacers were leaving the court so much beer was thrown at them. DISCRACE

TheWriter
11-20-2004, 04:59 PM
It's beer, come on. It was a bad thing to watch but quit making it out like they were throwing acid.

And don't soccor games get as bad or worse?

ShoogarBear
11-20-2004, 05:04 PM
this is all isaih thomas' fault

LOL, I was about to bring up this exact point.

If Isiah was still with the Pacers, everyone wouldn't be able to wait to lay this at his feet and his lack of "discipline".

But now that the sainted Larry Bird and Rick Carlisle are in charge, nobody even mentions their culpability.

timvp
11-20-2004, 05:05 PM
LOL, I was about to bring up this exact point.

If Isiah was still with the Pacers, everyone wouldn't be able to wait to lay this at his feet and his lack of "discipline".

But now that the sainted Larry Bird and Rick Carlisle are in charge, nobody even mentions their culpability.

Exactly.

If Thomas was still in charge, everyone would be pointing at him.

Carlisle has befriended everyone in the media, so now they all commend him on his willingness to go into the stands to stop the fight.

:jack

SequSpur
11-20-2004, 05:13 PM
Oneal punched a fan half his size, haymaker and he should only get 10 games?

Yeah right.

Jackson looked like a tiger searching for meat in the mountains and he should get only 10 games?

yeah right.

Those fucks should be locked up in jail and suspended for at least one season.

ShoogarBear
11-20-2004, 05:16 PM
Oneal punched a fan half his size

No doubt causing personal flashbacks to all that throwing down on the South Side.

:lol

Das Texan
11-20-2004, 05:18 PM
riduclious shit.

artest is a fucking psychopath.....why the pacers continue to cover up his shit previously is beyond me.

jack can fucking goto hell now...after last night he is nothing more than a fucking thug. he should face jail time for hte shit he did last night.any respect i had for him is now gone. period.

oneal is just fucking stupid.

jones should face some lenghty suspension also.

Shaolin-Style
11-20-2004, 05:18 PM
Was the guy Oneal hit still concious after that shot?

Indefinite suspension for Ben Wallace seems wrong to me, that seems like more of a 5-10 game thing, the others had it coming easy being in the stands fighting.

Kori Ellis
11-20-2004, 05:20 PM
Was the guy Oneal hit still concious after that shot?

He was carried off on a stretcher. I think he was conscious at that point.

Das Texan
11-20-2004, 05:23 PM
i think big ben's is just cause they havent looked at that footage much yet.

i expect his definite suspension announced monday.

Kori Ellis
11-20-2004, 05:24 PM
Indefinite suspension for Ben Wallace seems wrong to me, that seems like more of a 5-10 game thing, the others had it coming easy being in the stands fighting.

They are all just indefinite until they decide on the number. They said they should have the decisions by tomorrow night.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-20-2004, 05:25 PM
I think if anything should be open to outright criminal prosecution it's O'Neal's swing for the fences on that guy's face. Artest was jacked up on adrenaline and provoked, Jackson was just backing his man's play-now I DO NOT believe those excuses in the least, but they at least have some shred of validity. O'Neal threw a punch at someone half his size in a prone position with absolutely no provocation. He could have killed the poor bastard.

Marcus Bryant
11-20-2004, 05:27 PM

I see MB's axiom that "Larry Bird can get away with anything" continues to hold.

Supergirl
11-20-2004, 05:37 PM
From what I read in the paper today, Ben Wallace actually started the violence. He "overreacted", according to a sports writer in the Boston Globe, to what was decribed as a "hard, but not flagrant foul" by punching Artest in the head. No doubt the punch had all the shit Artest has pulled in the past behind it, but you still can't do that. Wallace should get as long as the other three.

Incidentally, from what I read Artest was actually trying to walk off when Wallace came after him, but it's after the teams had gone to their huddles and one fan threw stuff on the Pacers' huddle that Artest leaped in the stands and went psychotic.

An interesting sidenote is that Rasheed Wallace, who of course used to be known as a bad boy, was (along with Reggie Miller in street clothes) one of the players trying to stop the fights.

ZStomp
11-20-2004, 05:38 PM
I stopped feeling bad for Jack last night. I have defend him as much as Ghost has in the past. But he tried to fight Lindsay Hunter when the chaos was already simmering down, then when he went into the stands -- he had no intention at all of just pulling out Artest. He went in to fight and only to fight. So I put him on the punk list and wrote him off.

I really thought that he wasn't a punk. He had his third baby and got married this summer and wanted long-term security and a clean organization. And last night, he was nothing but a ghetto thug.

:flipoff Jack

I cried when he didn't re-sign in S.A.

Wasted tears.

That's a strong post Kori. Strong indeed and means something.

Props for writing that.

Kori Ellis
11-20-2004, 05:39 PM
by punching Artest in the head

He didn't punch him. Haven't you seen the video?

it's after the teams had gone to their huddles and one fan threw stuff on the Pacers' huddle

The teams weren't in huddles. Artest was laying on the scorers table and SJackson was trying to get Lindsay Hunter to fight at the time when the fan threw beer on Artest.

TheWriter
11-20-2004, 05:40 PM
From what I read in the paper today, Ben Wallace actually started the violence. He "overreacted", according to a sports writer in the Boston Globe, to what was decribed as a "hard, but not flagrant foul" by punching Artest in the head. No doubt the punch had all the shit Artest has pulled in the past behind it, but you still can't do that. Wallace should get as long as the other three.

Incidentally, from what I read Artest was actually trying to walk off when Wallace came after him, but it's after the teams had gone to their huddles and one fan threw stuff on the Pacers' huddle that Artest leaped in the stands and went psychotic.

An interesting sidenote is that Rasheed Wallace, who of course used to be known as a bad boy, was (along with Reggie Miller in street clothes) one of the players trying to stop the fights.

You should watch the video and quite reading different view points.

TheWriter
11-20-2004, 05:41 PM
and SJackson was trying to get Lindsay Hunter to fight at the time when the fan threw beer on Artest.

Did you see him pull out his jersey and tell Rip "let's go!" and Rip stepped up but they were both kinda held back.

Jax went after Hunter and Rip.

texbound
11-20-2004, 05:42 PM
I think if anything should be open to outright criminal prosecution it's O'Neal's swing for the fences on that guy's face. Artest was jacked up on adrenaline and provoked, Jackson was just backing his man's play-now I DO NOT believe those excuses in the least, but they at least have some shred of validity. O'Neal threw a punch at someone half his size in a prone position with absolutely no provocation. He could have killed the poor bastard.

SJAX showed his true side and should be punished to the extent. He went directly at fans and started to swing away. IMO, his actions are on par with Artests' and his punishment should be the same.

Artest and Jackson should be suspended W/O pay for the remainder of the year and both should be given a hefty fine.

Also, the fans who were attacked by Artest and Jackson will probably file a lawsuit against those players. I believe it was reported that the person who Artest attacked wasn't even the one who threw the drink. This is gonna cost both players millions of dollars. This is the only way to get a message to players. HIT THEM IN THE POCKETBOOK.

The fans are also at fault here, but the players are the ones expected to show restraint and they didn't.

Slomo
11-20-2004, 05:43 PM
Thoes Detriot fans are a disgrace, they should be punished big time aswell as the players. I couldn't belive fans would do such a thing, like when the Pacers were leaving the court so much beer was thrown at them. DISCRACE You're complaining about the spilled beer, right?
:spin

Supergirl
11-20-2004, 05:43 PM
No, I haven't seen the video, except briefly in the 11:00 news last night. Not enough to see the details. But the Globe gave a blow by blow accounting of what they saw, and they reported that after Artest was on the scorers' table, there was a brief lull when the teams went to their huddles, and then the violence started up again when a fan dumped stuff on the Pacers' huddle.

Regarding Wallace, the same article may not have said punched but definitely indicated that Wallace was out of line in coming after Artest after the foul.

I'm trying to find a link to the article I read.

Marcus Bryant
11-20-2004, 05:44 PM
My take on Artest's foul is that it was unnecessary. The game was decided. He was beat by Wallace to the basket. Given Artest's history it is not surprising that Wallace thought it was intentionally meant to hurt him.

Kori Ellis
11-20-2004, 05:44 PM
I believe it was reported that the person who Artest attacked wasn't even the one who threw the drink.

That's true. And while Artest was pummeling him, he was asking him "Was it you?"

:wtf Artest wasn't even sure at the time that he had the right guy.

Kori Ellis
11-20-2004, 05:45 PM
No, I haven't seen the video, except briefly in the 11:00 news last night. Not enough to see the details. But the Globe gave a blow by blow accounting of what they saw, and they reported that after Artest was on the scorers' table, there was a brief lull when the teams went to their huddles, and then the violence started up again when a fan dumped stuff on the Pacers' huddle.

Regarding Wallace, the same article may not have said punched but definitely indicated that Wallace was out of line in coming after Artest after the foul.

I'm trying to find a link to the article I read.

We've all seen that article. It's posted here. We are just saying that you should maybe watch the tape and form your own opinion. The fans were out of line. But Jackson and Artest can't be defended.

Marcus Bryant
11-20-2004, 05:45 PM
Artest laid on the table for some time and it was when he was there that he was hit with the shit. Watch the tape.

Marcus Bryant
11-20-2004, 05:47 PM
That's true. And while Artest was pummeling him, he was asking him "Was it you?"

Artest wasn't even sure at the time that he had the right guy.

That kid just won the lottery.

TheWriter
11-20-2004, 05:50 PM
Here's the video:

http://mfile.akamai.com/12942/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2004/1120/3935750.200k.asx

TheWriter
11-20-2004, 05:52 PM
That kid just won the lottery.

His friend won more.

He got clocked by Jackson for throwing the liquid at Artest and trying to stop Artest from attacking his friend.

rl64tx
11-20-2004, 05:52 PM
I believe the guy that threw the drink was the one in the hat and wallace shirt, he was holdin Artest and jackin his jaw at the same time!!!! :lol While Artest was whalin on another dude......... You're right that dude jus hit the lottery!!!! :smokin

Kori Ellis
11-20-2004, 05:55 PM
What do you think about the two guys who came on to the floor and consequently got hit by Artest, Johnson and then O'Neal. Of course, they shouldn't have come on the floor, but they didn't attack the players. Do you think they'll cash in on big lawsuits too? Or because they went on the floor they do not have a good case?

The guy who got laid out by O'Neal should definitely have a case, I'd think.

Slomo
11-20-2004, 05:57 PM
Supergirl
JB posted this link (http://www.shockpoint.com/video.html) in another thread, it's very good quality DiVX video of the whole thing, jsut a bit big (80MB file).

rl64tx
11-20-2004, 05:57 PM
What do you think about the two guys who came on to the floor and consequently got hit by Artest, Johnson and then O'Neal. Of course, they shouldn't have come on the floor, but they didn't attack the players. Do you think they'll cash in on big lawsuits too? Or because they went on the floor they do not have a good case?

The guy who got laid out by O'Neal should definitely have a case, I'd think.

Ifeel if a fan comes out on the floor they are free game, they have no business being on the floor and where in the hell were the cops???

Is the Pacers asst coach being suspended (Brown)?

TheWriter
11-20-2004, 05:58 PM
That file is gone.

Did anyone save it?

timvp
11-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Those two fat guys didn't really do anything. They went on the court ... but when chaos is breaking out, one can argue that the court could be a safe haven. It wasn't like they went after Artest. Artest left the crowd and wandered over there and those two just happened to be there.

The guy didn't even put his fists up like he was going to fight, yet Artest punched him anyways. And then his friend tackled him to get Artest off him and then that's around the time that O'Neal decided to play Mike Tyson's Punchout on his azz.

Slomo
That file is gone.

Did anyone save it?
I did, hold on I'll put it on a server, just give me a few minutes.

Kori Ellis
Ifeel if a fan comes out on the floor they are free game, they have no business being on the floor and where in the hell were the cops???

Free game meaning someone can beat the fuck out of them without provocation?

If someone stands in my front yard, I can make them leave. But I don't think I beat them up just because they shouldn't be there.

Supergirl
11-20-2004, 06:00 PM
In no way was I defending Artest or Jackson. Personally I think all three Pacers should be suspended for the year, Wallace for at least a couple weeks, and the fans should have criminal charges filed against them. The fans who were assaulted should file criminal charges against some of the players, too.

It's bullshit. These guys make millions of dollars to play basketball. Get over your egos and your testosterone. The NBA has put up with players getting too rough for too many years.

While the riot was happening, I was listening to the Spurs-Celtics game, and the announcers were calling several fouls that were clearly flagrant against Duncan but that were not called at all by the refs. And Duncan still, like always, kept his composure.

rl64tx
11-20-2004, 06:00 PM
That file is gone.

Did anyone save it?http://mfile.akamai.com/12942/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2004/1120/3935750.200k.asx

Supergirl
11-20-2004, 06:01 PM
FYI the article I was referring (I haven't seen it here yet) was by Peter May:

http://www.boston.com/sports/articles/2004/11/20/this_stands_as_low_point?pg=2

rl64tx
11-20-2004, 06:02 PM
Free game meaning someone can beat the fuck out of them without provocation?

If someone stands in my front yard, I can make them leave. But I don't think I beat them up just because they shouldn't be there.

But the players have nowhere to go they have to be protected..... what if those chumps had some kind of weapon??

bonesinaz
11-20-2004, 06:03 PM
I think that any fan involved in last night's craziness will get big bucks. The NBA, the Pacers and Detroit will want this to go away fast. The best way to do that is settle. The sums will be hefty.

Ron Artest now belongs in a psych hospital.

TheWriter
11-20-2004, 06:04 PM
Did anyone here that the big mofo beating on Fred Jones was Ben Wallace's brother.

Marcus Bryant
11-20-2004, 06:04 PM
O'Neal hit that guy when the scuffle between him and Artest was over and had been for a good 10 seconds or so.

If I recall correctly, that dude wandered into the bench area and then Artest when after him. But Artest couldn't even land a punch on him.

I'm sure a decent trial attorney could come up with a claim against Artest, O'Neal, the Pacers, the Pistons, the management & ownership of the Palace, and the NBA.

TheWriter
11-20-2004, 06:06 PM
O'Neal hit that guy when the scuffle between him and Artest was over and had been for a good 10 seconds or so.

If I recall correctly, that dude wandered into the bench area and then Artest when after him. But Artest couldn't even land a punch on him.

I'm sure a decent trial attorney could come up with a claim against Artest, O'Neal, the Pistons, the management & ownership of the Palace, and the NBA.

Actually that was the first guy. His friend pushed Artest away and Artest pushed that guy done. Then Johnson began beating him. When they got Johnson off of him the guy began to get up, that's when Oneal clocked him.

Kori Ellis
11-20-2004, 06:07 PM
Did anyone here that the big mofo beating on Fred Jones was Ben Wallace's brother.

Yes I heard that, but not from a reliable source.

rl64tx
11-20-2004, 06:08 PM
I'll ask, is Coach Brown being suspend???

Kori Ellis
11-20-2004, 06:10 PM
Coach Brown just pulled players off. And pushed Artest back a few times. I don't think he did anything wrong.

rl64tx
11-20-2004, 06:13 PM
Coach Brown just pulled players off. And pushed Artest back a few times. I don't think he did anything wrong.
I thought he was in there when Artest came back to the floor and he threw a few too?

newbiefan
11-20-2004, 06:15 PM
This is so sad. Here I am , a new fan to the game, to see this happen. Watching the game last night, actually seeing this going on live- so sad. as far as the guys on the court, they were mouthing off, and the guy did come at artest. they pulled artest out of the court, o neal was then coming down the court and the one guy again started mouthing off at oneal, the "fan" did take a step toward oneal- that when o neal punched him- the "fan" 's friend then actually did make body contact with oneal. I am so glad our Spurs have class- better yet, glad Spurs fans have class

newbiefan
11-20-2004, 06:21 PM

That's what I saw too, I was afraid he was going to get hurt - he is post op hip surgery. Man cares about his players- you know his hip was hurting, and he was still out in the middle of it- he had the microphone trying to subdue the crowd and players.

Kori Ellis
11-20-2004, 06:21 PM
I thought he was in there when Artest came back to the floor and he threw a few too?

That's what I initially thought. On the replay, it wasn't coach Brown. It was Anthony Johnson in street clothes (suit).

rl64tx
11-20-2004, 06:24 PM
That's what I initially thought. On the replay, it wasn't coach Brown. It was Anthony Johnson in street clothes (suit).

Thank you!

Slomo
11-20-2004, 06:40 PM
Here's the link (http://www.kerberos.si/Images/Media/pacers_pistons_brawl.avi) to the 80MB video file, I'll leave it up for a few hours. I noticed that the picture that were broadcast over here were from a different set of cameras (for example there's a clear picture of the blue cup hiting Artest). I'll put that movie on the server in half an hour or so just for your reference.

Slomo
11-20-2004, 07:40 PM
Here's the video (http://www.kerberos.si/Images/Media/pacers_pistons_nba+.wmv) (45MB) of what was shown over here. As mentioned before many things are shown from a different point of view. It says ESPN at the bottom so chances are you've already seen it.

Kori Ellis
11-20-2004, 08:23 PM
I wonder if they'll really have definite answers about all the suspensions tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if they suspend the Pacers Big 3 all at once, then stagger the rest or what. The Pacers can't participate long with only six/seven players healthy.

TheWriter
11-20-2004, 08:26 PM
The NBA and Stern most importantly needs to make clear examples of those fools.

You should not be able to attacks fans with fists and then play basketball because your team is running out of players. They should all serve at the same time. Artest should be gone for the year, without a doubt.

Marcus Bryant
11-20-2004, 08:28 PM
This is what is killer about O'Neal's stupidity. The Pacers could have treaded water with Artest and Jack out so long as they had O'Neal. All of the action last night was unnecessary but O'Neal's antics were really unnecessary. It's tough to figure out...we know Artest is mental and Jack might have gotten caught up in the heat of the moment but what O'Neal did you cannot come up with an excuse for. He's a franchise player. He's supposed to stay out of that kind of shit.

boutons
11-20-2004, 08:48 PM
I just heard one of the announcers of one of tonight useless games ask why the IND/DET starters will still in the game during garbage time?

Pacers +15 with under 2 mins left, Artest and Ben still on the floor?

ShoogarBear
11-20-2004, 08:50 PM
Again, if Isiah had left starters in with that lead, he would have been crucified by everyone, especially the Indy media.

But Rick Carlisle, he's clearly a genius.

Jimcs50
11-20-2004, 08:53 PM
Ghost wanted ballas...now I am glad we have none.

ducks
11-20-2004, 08:53 PM
for putting ron back in after what ahppened when game was in hand
RICK WAS A IDIOT FOR THAT

adidas11
11-20-2004, 08:58 PM
Punish the fans, that's what I say.

What a bunch of fucking idiots in that city.