PDA

View Full Version : Plus/Minus Game 9: Spurs 92, Celtics 84

FromWayDowntown
11-20-2004, 03:25 PM
Hard to remember that there was a Spurs game last night. The numbers really reflect who was on the court during the late run that won the game. Seems like everyone's favorite whipping boy got the best of it last night:

+20 - Rose
+11 - Ginobili
+8 - Parker
+5 - Bowen
+5 - Barry
+5 - Horry
+4 - Udrih
+2 - Duncan
-3 - Massenburg
-4 - Wilks
-6 - Nesterovic
-7 - Brown

The cumulative numbers through 9 games:

+103 - Duncan
+102 - Ginobili
+82 - Parker
+73 - Bowen
+58 - Nesterovic
+23 - Horry
+13 - Rose
+12 - Barry
+2 - Wilks
-3 - Udrih
-14 - Brown
-27 - Massenburg

Supergirl
11-20-2004, 06:50 PM
Interesting. I'm surprised Horry's numbers weren't hired for last night - it seems to me that it was his hustle, along with Rose's, that got the Spurs out of the 13 point hole they dug for themselves in the 3rd quarter.

I'm also surprised to see Parker's overall numbers looking relatively decent. I thought he was doing a lot worse so far. But I expect him to get better and better.

ShoogarBear
11-20-2004, 06:58 PM
Interesting. I'm surprised Horry's numbers weren't hired for last night - it seems to me that it was his hustle, along with Rose's, that got the Spurs out of the 13 point hole they dug for themselves in the 3rd quarter.

Buck Harvey had an article on this (which I'm surprised Kori hasn't posted yet), talking about the key stretch at the end of the third quarter with Rose and Horry.

Again, I think raw +/- is way overrated, especially for a single game, but anyone watching the game could have told you that without Rose and Horry et al. closing the gap at the end of the third, the game was an L.