PDA

View Full Version : Warriors, bow down. Lakers, kiss our ass. Mavs fans, fear the choke job!

trueD
04-15-2007, 05:03 PM
With one little unexpected win against Clips, Kings make a HUGE difference in playoff standings.

It feels good to get some attention, sitting at 11th place in the West. :dramaquee

01Snake
04-15-2007, 05:14 PM
Way to go Sactown!

trueD
04-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Will Warriors tank their game with Mavs to preserve the 8th spot, instead of possibly moving up to 7th and knocking Lakers down? Maybe Lakers finish tonight dictates what GS does against Dallas on Tuesday.

Fun. B-ball.

Budkin
04-15-2007, 05:24 PM
Go Kings!!!

Texas_Ranger
04-15-2007, 05:25 PM
I just hope that Warriors will be eight on the end. Then they can win Dallas.

trueD
04-15-2007, 05:26 PM
For those not inclined to check out the standings, Lakers (7th) are tied 40-40 with Warriors (8th) but have the tiebreaker. Clips were knocked to 9th and MUST WIN both their games, against Suns & Hornets, to even compete.

Warriors need to win both of their games, also against Suns and Hornets, and Lakers lose one of their games against Suns or Kings, for Warriors advance, right?

But .... does either team want to change their seeding?

dallaskd
04-15-2007, 05:31 PM
you guys blew a lead. you shouldnt be happy.

Kobe'smyhomie
04-15-2007, 05:46 PM
Ya, ok. :blah

Next Superstar
04-15-2007, 06:05 PM
THANK YOU KINGS!!! WOW! They did it with most of their starters on the bench for the 4th qtr too.

trueD
04-15-2007, 06:06 PM
you guys blew a lead. you shouldnt be happy.
You're kidding, right? :lol

Who cares! We're not playing for anything...remember?

:lmao

mavsfan1000
04-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Mavs will own the Warriors. We don't care who we play in first round. The Clippers would've got swept but the Spurs and Suns are the teams that will be the threats. The warriors? :lmao

Obstructed_View
04-15-2007, 06:14 PM
Way to go, Kings.

trueD
04-15-2007, 07:18 PM
And just to further stir the pot that Kings have brewed:

Rookie G Quincy Douby (Rutgers), a mostly 3-5 mpg garbage-time player in Musselman's system who played in only 36 games this year, logged 27 mpt for 6/6/1, 2 blocked shots. He can keep up with his man, shoot the 3 (nice smooth jumper, too), is atheletic and can ball in the paint.

Rookie F Justin Williams (Wyoming) logged 25 mpt for 7/6/0, 1 blocked shot. He also logged 4 PF's, and probably tipped a great deal of balls under the basket. WAY more than Brad. Y'all have seen him, he has STYLE!

2nd Year Rookie G/F Francisco Garcia (Louisville) logged 25 mpt for 16/2/3, 2 steals, 1 blocked shot. The things Cisco does on defense can't be told on the stat line, trust me. Diver of loose balls, in your face annoying defense, vying for boards, you name it.

So, why am I pimping these youngsters? Because I can. :lol Also, because that's how Kings beat Clippers at their house today. It was Martin, Artest and the rooks.

Miller with 12/5/2 in 23 mpt?
Bibby with 15/3/3 in 21 mpt?
Salmons with 13/2/4 in 31 mpt?

Nope, nope and nope.

Kings should expect more from their vets, but with a bench mob emerging these vets are becoming more and more expendable.

Okay, back you your regularly scheduled smackdown of the mavs and Lakers' fans. :)

loveThe23
04-15-2007, 07:29 PM
With one little unexpected win against Clips, Kings make a HUGE difference in playoff standings.

It feels good to get some attention, sitting at 11th place in the West. :dramaquee

God I hate this.... looking at the WCF standings and the kings not on there. dang, that's really sad, I think it's finally hitting me now. Anyways....

it WILL be interesting how the 8th spot contenders turn out.... i have to admit, it's kind of exciting.... I'll be rooting for the Warriors.. well most of us are.. :p:

dirk4mvp
04-15-2007, 07:34 PM
Way to go, Kings.

That hasn't been said too often this year.

ponky
04-15-2007, 07:52 PM
good win over the clippers today, this is why i'd like to see them match up against the mavericks, they are so inconsistent with their game. *sigh* i guess the warriors/mavs game on tuesday might be exciting, i'm looking forward to it, play hard and let the mavs play scrubs on wednesday against the sonics for some rest

ABDENOUR POWER
04-15-2007, 07:57 PM
A Warriors/Mavericks first round matchup could get veeery interesting.

The Mavs would probably still win, maybe easily, but the potential is there for an upset. They'd be fun games to watch.

Fillmoe
04-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Gsdub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dallasmavsnfuego214
04-15-2007, 09:23 PM
what if Golden State moves up to the #7 spot and gets to play Phoenix? theyll put up points like a pinball machine. the Warriors are playing spectacular ball. reminds me of the Blazers about 4 or 5 years ago with Rasheed and Pippen. the last few weeks they tore it up in the season destroying everyone, but folded big time and were swept by the eventual champion Lakers. will the Warriors do the same when the stakes are much higher? who knows

trueD
04-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Lakers have blown a 17 point lead to Sonics--do they even DESERVE to be in the PO's? If if if they lose this game tonight, they will be desperate to win against Kings on Wednesday, should Warriors win against Mav's Tuesday and Clips win against Suns on Tuesday.

Will Mavs & Suns be resting guys during those games? More at 11. :lol

ponky
04-15-2007, 10:40 PM
what if Golden State moves up to the #7 spot and gets to play Phoenix? theyll put up points like a pinball machine. the Warriors are playing spectacular ball. reminds me of the Blazers about 4 or 5 years ago with Rasheed and Pippen. the last few weeks they tore it up in the season destroying everyone, but folded big time and were swept by the eventual champion Lakers. will the Warriors do the same when the stakes are much higher? who knows

dang, i hadn't even thought that was possible (is it? i have to go check). i would absolutely love to see a suns/warriors matchup strictly because of the excitement of both team's running O game. the way they played against each other that last game was a lot of fun to watch. i was thinking about this possible matchup and didn't think about the seeding, just if hell froze over and the suns/warriors met in the wcf!

word to avery: tank that game against the warriors so that this 2/7 matchup can happen! just play scrubs all game long so that everyone knows we're tanking!

EDIT: the only way this would happen is if golden state wins their last two games AND the lakers lose to sacto...otherwise it's pretty much warriors in the 8 spot unless the clippers have some help and some heart, which i just don't see happening...i look forward to playing golden state regardless, at least it won't be a snoozer first round sweeo

ponky
04-15-2007, 10:44 PM
this lakers/sonics game is confusing, too much yellow and all the same shade

Leetonidas
04-15-2007, 10:53 PM
Fuck the Clippers, let's go Warriors!

trueD
04-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Lakers are going to beat the Sonics, thereby securing a spot in the PO's. Way to go Lakers, only took ya 81 games, after being at the #6 spot for friggingever.

MVP candidate Kobe scored 50 to beat the Sonics 109-98.

The Lakers affiliate just flashed an incredible stat:

Magic number to secure 7th spot: 1

Good thing Lakers have a game left to possibly secure that 7th spot :lmao

ponky
04-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Fuck the Clippers, let's go Warriors!

lol, i'm actually starting to want to the mavs to play the warriors with everyone going crazy about the possible mavs/warriors matchup. i have playoff tickets, i can't say that it won't be more exciting if the warriors come to town.

u2sarajevo
04-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Everyone hanging their hopes on GSW is giving this Mavs fan a good giggle.

trueD
04-15-2007, 11:20 PM
Everyone hanging their hopes on GSW is giving this Mavs fan a good giggle.
Warriors are, without doubt, the leagues last line of defense against a super-boring first round matchup with the incredibly talented Dallas Mavericks.

Since the league is all about garnering new fans, advertisement and excitement, it just seems fitting to present a first round playoff matchup to everyone's liking. We're in this to make people happy.

Sincerely,

David Stern.

dirk4mvp
04-15-2007, 11:51 PM
what if Golden State moves up to the #7 spot and gets to play Phoenix?

That'd be a sick ass series. Probably wouldn't be a game where either team scored under 110.