View Full Version : The good news

Spurs Brazil
04-15-2007, 05:04 PM
After a lot of games we finally got more rebs than the Mavs

40-37 and TD didn't play in the 4th quarter

Mavs FG - 44%

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-15-2007, 05:10 PM
It helps when Pop gives Elson more than six minutes of run (like he did with the game we lost in SA).

SRJ
04-15-2007, 05:12 PM
More good news than that.

To me, this was proof positive that Dallas is not the world-beater they've been all year. They're great, but they're as beatable now as they were last year. And now that we have a player in Elson that gives us size and quickness to better compete with Dallas, we're not going to be in the same boat as last year.

rocyaice
04-15-2007, 05:17 PM
They better figure out a way to stop Devin Harris. He was unreal today. His jumper is not that reliable so i'm not worried about that. But his transition game has killed us for the past two years.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-15-2007, 05:19 PM
They better figure out a way to stop Devin Harris. He was unreal today. His jumper is not that reliable so i'm not worried about that. But his transition game has killed us for the past two years.

It helps when Parker hands the ball over six times for easy transition buckets.

T Park
04-15-2007, 05:21 PM
:lol

Yeah Manu had no hand in it

mabber
More good news than that.

To me, this was proof positive that Dallas is not the world-beater they've been all year. They're great, but they're as beatable now as they were last year. And now that we have a player in Elson that gives us size and quickness to better compete with Dallas, we're not going to be in the same boat as last year.

There's no way that Pop is going to let Elson guard Dirk by himself as much as he did today. I think he wanted to find out if Elson could do a decent job on Dirk and he wasn't any better than anyone else. Elson does help on overall team defense and rebounding though. He's just not the answer to slowing down Dirk.

LilMissSPURfect

2 and1's where there's no contact......i'd say spurs hit up cuban for a loan

rocyaice
04-15-2007, 05:22 PM
It helps when Parker hands the ball over six times for easy transition buckets.

Yea the Spurs were definately careless out of the ass today. Very unusual turnovers happened to day from Gino and Parker. But yea if we play as careless as we did today Harris is going to average 20 a game on us in the post season.

rocyaice
04-15-2007, 05:24 PM
There's no way that Pop is going to let Elson guard Dirk by himself as much as he did today. I think he wanted to find out if Elson could do a decent job on Dirk and he wasn't any better than anyone else. Elson does help on overall team defense and rebounding though. He's just not the answer to slowing down Dirk.

Yea I don't think today dictated what Pop will do against the Mavs. I'm bet my house that Bowen plays on Dirk during the post season and I agree with the decision. Put Elson on him every once in a while but Duncan and Bowen are the guys who give Dirk problems.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-15-2007, 05:25 PM
:lol

Yeah Manu had no hand in it

Manu got stripped on a double team. Yeah, that play sucked, but it's not like he got busted for not getting over the midcourt line in eight seconds.

aaronstampler
04-15-2007, 05:27 PM
Six turnovers to one. I mean, are you even serious?

SRJ
04-15-2007, 05:27 PM
Harris only did his thing, for the most part, when Vaughn was in the game. That wasn't happening on Tony.

johngateswhiteley
04-15-2007, 05:28 PM
good news? i learned the mavs suck, we'll beat them in 5 games. oh yeah, and if i ever meet jason "likes to fight" terry on the street, i am going to bitch slap him.

ATXSPUR
04-15-2007, 05:30 PM
The good news is this is not a playoff game and I am not going on a shooting spree around the city.

Now its time to take a deep breath...and get ready for the nuggets. Dallas hasnt seen the last of us.

T Park
04-15-2007, 05:32 PM
Better back out of this thread.

The manu homers are in full defense force today...

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Better back out of this thread.

The manu homers are in full defense force today...

You're a fucking idiot. Glad to see you tuck your tail and run when confronted with that beautiful eight second call of Tony's.