PDA

View Full Version : Spurs lose yet still win.

JsnSA
04-15-2007, 05:22 PM
Yeah the Mavs technically won, but I think the Spurs ended up with the REAL win today.

Avery played Dirk and the other Mavs starters to the very end and they still just barely beat a Spurs team without Tim.

If Tim had been in I think we all know the Spurs would have had that game.

And best of all it was obvious that the Mavs were putting in a lot of effort to secure that win. And even then they required a rediculous gift from Crawford in order to pull it out.

If I were the Mavs I would be just a little bit concerned after this game.

Budkin
04-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Agreed. I think this game is a big confidence booster for the Spurs.

DubMcDub
04-15-2007, 05:30 PM
The Spurs fan mantra gets more and more confusing by the day. Regular season games don't matter, but they matter when you actually lose them but achieve a moral victory?

I'm just trying to comprehend such infallible logic.

SPARKY
04-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Nah, regular season doesn't matter. Yet, you're here. Go figure.

mavs>spurs2
04-15-2007, 05:31 PM
The Spurs fan mantra gets more and more confusing by the day. Regular season games don't matter, but they matter when you actually lose them but achieve a moral victory?

:dizzy Dude don't even try to understand, Spur fans are light years ahead of us lowly mav fans in basketball knowledge.

samikeyp
04-15-2007, 05:32 PM
Dude don't even try to understand, Spur fans are light years ahead of us lowly mav fans in basketball knowledge.

The Spurs fan mantra gets more and more confusing by the day.

Yes because all Spurs fans think alike. :rolleyes

DubMcDub
04-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Yes because all Spurs fans think alike. :rolleyes

I'm sorry for the generalization.

DubMcDub
04-15-2007, 05:34 PM
Nah, regular season doesn't matter. Yet, you're here. Go figure.

I didn't say they don't matter. I think they matter a lot. Countless Spurs fans on this site are the ones who say "just wait til the REAL season in April".

.......but only when the Spurs lose, or cant find some way to pull a moral victory out of a loss.

samikeyp
04-15-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm sorry for the generalization.

If you were truly sorry, you wouldn't have done it in the first place.

You have done it before.

FromWayDowntown
I think a regular season matchup can be important to seeing how two teams match-up and I think the Spurs proved again today that any margin between themselves and the Mavericks is negligible. This is the third game this season to come down to the final possession.

For the Spurs to achieve that today, on the road, against the team that rightfully wears the crown of best team to this point in this season, is a definite positive given all of the circumstances attendant to this game.

td4mvp21

Really? I have a hard time comprehending how Mavs fans think it's justified for them to bitch about Wade, yet it's not for Spurs fans to bitch about Dirk. Or the fact that Mavs fans tell us not to talk about the past yet they talk shit about the Mavs beating us in the 2006 playoffs, WHICH IS THE PAST. So I guess we are in the same boat bud.

DubMcDub
If you were truly sorry, you wouldn't have done it in the first place.

You have done it before.

Mom? Is that you?

Kobe'smyhomie
04-15-2007, 05:36 PM
Was Duncan ejected in previous games when his team faced the Mavs this season?

samikeyp
04-15-2007, 05:36 PM
Mom? Is that you?

:lmao

Ok...that was funny. :toast

braeden0613
04-15-2007, 05:37 PM
cuban would blow up nba headquarters if one of his players got ejected for laughing

go kill yourselves mavs fans

T Park
04-15-2007, 05:38 PM
I think a regular season matchup can be important to seeing how two teams match-up and I think the Spurs proved again today that any margin between themselves and the Mavericks is negligible. This is the third game this season to come down to the final possession.

For the Spurs to achieve that today, on the road, against the team that rightfully wears the crown of best team to this point in this season, is a definite positive given all of the circumstances attendant to this game

and without their best player in crunch time.

Agreed.

samikeyp
go kill yourselves mavs fans

Dude...relax...its a game. I despise losing as much as anyone but that's a little much.

GOMAVSGO

rocyaice
What does it matter if Duncan was ejected in previous games? This Spurs team and the one that faced the Mavs earlier in the season are two different teams. Usually teams get better as the season progress.

DubMcDub
Really? I have a hard time comprehending how Mavs fans think it's justified for them to bitch about Wade, yet it's not for Spurs fans to bitch about Dirk. Or the fact that Mavs fans tell us not to talk about the past yet they talk shit about the Mavs beating us in the 2006 playoffs, WHICH IS THE PAST. So I guess we are in the same boat bud.

I think you can feel free to bitch about Dirk all you want. And we'll bitch about Duncan, who is the beneficiary of just as many questionable calls.

As for talking about the past, I agree with your point but I don't think you're properly assessing the situation. There is a difference between talking shit about the most recent meaningful postseason series between the two teams (the Mavs having postseason "scoreboard" as it is), and talking over and over about past championships that occurred prior to said series.

If the Spurs were to beat the Mavs in the playoffs this year, regardless of whether or not they win the title thereafter or get swept in the Finals, my opinion would be the Spurs fans would have the right to talk shit until the next meaningful series between the two teams.

Man of Steel
04-15-2007, 05:39 PM

Let me explain it to you, dumb bass.

Our best player gets thrown out in the third by a miserable ref for a miserable reason.

Mavs play their starters nearly the whole game--

Barely edge the Spurs.

I know this might be hard for you to comprehend.

So maybe you should have someone else explain it to you.

braeden0613
i just hate how mavs fans can still come in here and make retarded comments after a game they were given

DubMcDub
:lmao

Ok...that was funny. :toast

:toast My apology was sincere. I generalize for the sake of message board brevity, not because I'm actually dumb or careless enough to assume that all people think the same way.

samikeyp
I think you can feel free to bitch about Dirk all you want. And we'll bitch about Duncan, who is the beneficiary of just as many questionable calls.

Very true...they both live off the Superstar rule.

ShoogarBear
:dizzy Dude don't even try to understand, Spur fans are light years ahead of us lowly mav fans in basketball knowledge.

td4mvp21
04-15-2007, 05:41 PM

As for talking about the past, I agree with your point but I don't think you're properly assessing the situation. There is a difference between talking shit about the most recent meaningful postseason series between the two teams (the Mavs having postseason "scoreboard" as it is), and talking over and over about past championships that occurred prior to said series.

If the Spurs were to beat the Mavs in the playoffs this year, regardless of whether or not they win the title thereafter or get swept in the Finals, my opinion would be the Spurs fans would have the right to talk shit until the next meaningful series between the two teams.

True, but a lot of Mavs fans emphasize the present and technically the present is right now. SO TALK SHIT ABOUT THIS GAME BITCHES NOT 2006 PLAYOFFS. :lol

rocyaice
04-15-2007, 05:42 PM
GOMAVSGO, why are you posting tranny pics? I don't know what goes on at Mavs forums but at Spurs forums we don't like that tranny shit. Keep that shit on Mavs forums.

samikeyp
I agree...leaning on the past is weak, no matter who's fans do it.

Kobe'smyhomie
What does it matter if Duncan was ejected in previous games? This Spurs team and the one that faced the Mavs earlier in the season are two different teams. Usually teams get better as the season progress.

Seeing the many "if Duncan was there, we would've won" posts brought me to ask my previous question. Duncan also played in previous games against the Mavs, yet the Mavs are what..like 3-1 against the Spurs. Mavs are simply the better team.

Buddy Holly
04-15-2007, 05:44 PM

That happens with three titles as opposed to the most infamous choke in finals history.

You learn some shit after three titles.

SPARKY
04-15-2007, 05:44 PM
The game was pretty lackluster before TD was given the Crawford. Had the Spurs won it would've meant as much about the upcoming postseason as a loss in my mind. Neither team seemed to be into it no matter how much Breen and Jackson tried to play up the intensity. Time for the real season to start.

Buddy Holly
04-15-2007, 05:46 PM
Seeing the many "if Duncan was there, we would've won" posts brought me to ask my previous question. Duncan also played in previous games against the Mavs, yet the Mavs are what..like 3-1 against the Spurs. Mavs are simply the better team.

Spurs also went 0-2 to shitty teams in the east during their title years in 03 and 05. DId that make them better teams, did that mean they were the title contenders?

And don't compare three games from earlier in the season to a game right before the playoffs start.

DubMcDub
04-15-2007, 05:48 PM
The game was pretty lackluster before TD was given the Crawford. Had the Spurs won it would've meant as much about the upcoming postseason as a loss in my mind. Neither team seemed to be into it no matter how much Breen and Jackson tried to play up the intensity. Time for the real season to start.

I agree completely. I don't even see what the big deal is. I haven't really looked around but I don't see many of us here gloating about the win. I just chuckle at the initial logic presented in this thread.

GOMAVSGO
04-15-2007, 05:49 PM

DubMcDub
And don't compare three games from earlier in the season to a game right before the playoffs start.

A game in which neither coach was showing their full hand, and in which one of the teams was playing for absolutely nothing other than pride while the other was essentially playing for nothing (barring a monumental collapse by PHX)?

Yeah, good point. :rolleyes

samikeyp
I agree completely. I don't even see what the big deal is. I haven't really looked around but I don't see many of us here gloating about the win. I just chuckle at the initial logic presented in this thread.

Go read Bump's posts. :)

rocyaice
04-15-2007, 05:55 PM

You can't be serious. Fact is the Spurs dominated the Mavs in the first 3 quarters of the game. Even when though the Mavs were killing them in transition which is the only way the Mavs can beat the Spurs at this point is to outrun them. The Spurs are 23-3 since the all star break. Spurs are a better team then what currently met earlier in the season. If you don't believe that then you're blind. And if you want to go by what you saw previously earlier in the season then hell the Spurs have nothing to worry about because the Warriors own the Mavs so therefore the Mavs won't even get out of the first round. Your logic is doo doo bruh.

mabber
04-15-2007, 05:57 PM

I was thinking the same thing. The intensity in that game was no where near the intensity both those teams will bring in the playoffs. Breen & Jackson were just doing their jobs though (making it as exciting as possible).

Buddy Holly
04-15-2007, 06:01 PM
A game in which neither coach was showing their full hand, and in which one of the teams was playing for absolutely nothing other than pride while the other was essentially playing for nothing (barring a monumental collapse by PHX)?

Yeah, good point. :rolleyes

What the fuck does what they are or aren't playing for have to do with them playing as if it were a playoff games.

If you honestly think anyone was just coasting, you need to have your head examined. The only ones coasting were the refs.

Doug Collins
04-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Yeah the Mavs technically won, but I think the Spurs ended up with the REAL win today.

Avery played Dirk and the other Mavs starters to the very end and they still just barely beat a Spurs team without Tim.

If Tim had been in I think we all know the Spurs would have had that game.

And best of all it was obvious that the Mavs were putting in a lot of effort to secure that win. And even then they required a rediculous gift from Crawford in order to pull it out.

If I were the Mavs I would be just a little bit concerned after this game.

Just stop posting. That's the stupidest shit I've ever read. Loss=Loss. Mavs beat Spurs. Time for the playoffs. Moral victories are for recovering alcoholics.

DubMcDub
04-15-2007, 06:14 PM
What the fuck does what they are or aren't playing for have to do with them playing as if it were a playoff games.

If you honestly think anyone was just coasting, you need to have your head examined. The only ones coasting were the refs.

Because they weren't playing as if it was a playoff game. At all. The starters played more minutes than I thought, but make no mistake--that was a meaningless regular season game.

samikeyp
04-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Because they weren't playing as if it was a playoff game. At all. The starters played more minutes than I thought, but make no mistake--that was a meaningless regular season game.

I don't know, Dub...there were times that I think the players were taking it pretty seriously! :)

DubMcDub
04-15-2007, 06:24 PM
I don't know, Dub...there were times that I think the players were taking it pretty seriously! :)

Well I'm not saying that they weren't trying. I'm sure they were all trying pretty hard. But from a scheme standpoint, and also from the standpoint of really sacrificing your body on every play...I don't think this game approached playoff level.

bigfan
04-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Hey, we give props to the Mavs for the win. Though the game was more or less meaningless, we lost our cool due to a questionable ejection. Yes, we were close without Tim but we lost, due as much to poor shots as anything else. If I were Denver/PHX/Mavs, I wouldnt put too much into this Spurs loss. Avery being the coach he is will not let his guys gloat, he knew it was too close. Pop will remind our guys to keep cool, fix the bad shoots near the end and get ready for the next game. The playoffs are a new season and maybe Tim will learn a thing or two from this as well and focus his anger at the opponents during the playoffs.