PDA

View Full Version : Joey Crawford

mikeanthony21
04-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Though I am really upset... make that PISSED... that the Spurs lost to the Mavs, I am even MORE upset at Joey Crawford's officiating. I'm not one to bitch and moan about officiating but THIS game, with a national audience tuning in, was marred by a referee who clearly thought and probably still thinks he is bigger than the game.

What the hell was the point of Crawford throwing Tim Duncan out of the game... while he was on the bench? Both techs were given to Duncan WHILE HE WAS ON THE BENCH LAUGHING. Is Crawford so goddamn sensitive that he can figure out what Duncan was laughing about with 20,000 screaming fans in the background?

Duncan's ejection clearly changed the complexity of the game and while not a deciding factor (the Spurs inability to score a single point in the game's last four minutes was) it still marred what should have been a scintillating nail-biting fourth quarter between two of the game's biggest stars... Tim Duncan and Dirk Nowitzki.

The fans pay good money to see the Superstars... not a bald-headed, whistle-blowing, bionic-eared freak in a referee's shirt.

GOMAVSGO
04-15-2007, 05:48 PM

ShoogarBear
You know, I was waiting for somebody to start a thread on him.

Aggie Hoopsfan
We need a couple more of these on the front page :tu

mullet
04-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Tim Duncan's Sincere Apology Confuses Referee Enough To Eject Him From Game

DALLAS—Baffled by Tim Duncan's unexpected sincerity in apologizing following a technical foul, NBA official Joey Crawford responded by issuing Duncan a second technical and ejecting him from the game. "I don't know what the hell he was trying to pull with that gentle tone of voice and that attitude of heartfelt honesty, but I wasn't about to fall for it," Crawford told reporters after being asked about reacting so strongly to Duncan's attempt at shaking hands and putting the incident behind them both. "I'm pretty sure Duncan was really saying he wanted to punch me." Following the game, Crawford was arrested for assault after attacking a concession-stand employee who gave him a free hot dog in what Crawford claims was an attempt to make him "look cheap."

link (http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/tim_duncans_sincere_apolog_0)

WalterBenitez
04-26-2007, 06:23 PM
I miss that p***e of s***t, he would be a great ref in GS-Mavs series :eyebrows