View Full Version : WTF Barry?

Buddy Holly
04-15-2007, 05:48 PM
What kind of shot was that?

GOMAVSGO
04-15-2007, 05:49 PM

timvp
04-15-2007, 07:24 PM
That looked like playoff Brent Barry to me.

Was that the most scared shot in NBA history? I mean, at least turn around ... you have six second on the clock.

T Park
04-15-2007, 07:26 PM
yeah but but but brent was 2 of 3 in game 7 in 2005 :rolleyes

Typical barry played game.

1Parker1
04-15-2007, 07:26 PM

Was that the most scared shot in NBA history? I mean, at least turn around ... you have six second on the clock.

:lmao You're right. I just saw the replay...he was barely facing the basket before he jacked up the shot. He had plenty of time and room for a good shot.

timvp
04-15-2007, 07:38 PM
If the Spurs aren't playing the Suns, Barry should just stay home.

Seriously.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-15-2007, 07:42 PM
yeah but but but brent was 2 of 3 in game 7 in 2005 :rolleyes

Typical barry played game.

Why did you bring that up.
:pctoss

T Park
04-15-2007, 07:43 PM
Trust me.

He had zero to do with winning that game :lol

God its been 2 years, get over it :) :D

cambrad
04-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Fancy last play. You're starting to look like the Nuggets in crunchtime...

THE SIXTH MAN
04-15-2007, 09:10 PM
Fancy last play. You're starting to look like the Nuggets in crunchtime...
The only difference is spurs have a chance at winning during crunch time. :elephant

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-15-2007, 10:32 PM
Brent Barry looked horrible the whole game.... he to took horrible shots out of character the entire game

DieMrBond
04-15-2007, 11:06 PM
Completely random point, but could the shot barry have taken at the end of regulation been because of Pop not wanting to give up tactics, or last second shot plays, 1 or 2 games before the playoffs?

I'm not excusing his shot, or his play, but could that have been a reason for not having a 'proper play' or a 'better shot' ...

But aside from that, damn it was an ugly shot.

mikeanthony21
04-15-2007, 11:12 PM
What kind of shot was that?

A Wounded Duck Shot.

whottt
04-15-2007, 11:24 PM

Yeah cuz....better to let time run out on the clock rather than try to get a second shot...because it matters if the Mavs score again.

Damn Barry...screwing up that brilliant small ball lineup which is even more dominant with Elson than it is with Duncan.

whottt
04-15-2007, 11:28 PM
It was a shot where Pop said, get the shot off as quick as possible so we can get a second shot if you miss.

Because as TimVP astuetely pointed out....if there's one thing Barry does, often, it's force up bad shots. How typical...

Finley does it and he's got half of ST swinin' off his nuts, even when he chokes ass in crunch time.

Finley...just good enough to be on the court to let you down when it matters most.

He's got Pop thinking he's the goto PF....

We are so completely fucked.

We'll lose in the playoffs because of Pop.

And no...this wasn't Pop holding back...Pop will coach like this in the playoffs, AGAIN.

I wonder...

How much Cuban is paying Pop...

What information AJ is blackmailing him with to turn him into, THE SHITTIEST COACH THAT IS, THAT EVER WAS, THAT EVER WILL BE. Must be something Pop really doesn't want to get out...

timvp
04-15-2007, 11:35 PM
It was a shot where Pop said, get the shot off as quick as possible so we can get a second shot if you miss.

:lol

Nice try. There were no rebounders under the basket to help prove your theory.

Barry played like he did in the playoffs last year against the Mavs. Timid and scared.

Oh and I thought Barry never missed a clutch shot before?

Because as TimVP astuetely pointed out....if there's one thing Barry does, often, it's force up bad shots. How typical...

Finley does it and he's got half of ST swinin' off his nuts, even when he chokes ass in crunch time.

Finley...just good enough to be on the court to let you down when it matters most.

And no...this wasn't Pop holding back...Pop will coach like this in the playoffs, AGAIN.

I wonder...

What information AJ is blackmailing him with to turn him into, THE SHITTIEST COACH THAT IS, THAT EVER WAS, THAT EVER WILL BE. Must be something Pop really doesn't want to get out...

What the hell Pop do? The Spurs played big. They outrebounded the Mavs.

Sounds like someone didn't watch the game . . .

whottt
04-15-2007, 11:41 PM
:lol

Nice try. There were no rebounders under the basket to help prove your theory.

And that's Barry's fault?

So you don't think Pop asked them to get the shot off ASAP?

Well, with the way Pop is coaching, you are probably right.

Barry played like he did in the playoffs last year against the Mavs. Timid and scared.

You mean...not at all when it mattered, against the Mavs, then brought in cold.

Oh and I thought Barry never missed a clutch shot before?

Pretty sure that's his first as a Spur...and I haven't seen him force up too many.

Sorry but your criticism is incosistent...

You've always said Barry is afraid to shoot....that wasn't being afraid to shoot. That was chucking with a man in his face...

What the hell Pop do? The Spurs played big. They outrebounded the Mavs.

Sounds like someone didn't watch the game . . .

The Spurs weren't playing big when they lost the lead at the end the final minutes....

Someone needs to go back and rewatch.

I'll be waiting for my apology.

whottt
04-15-2007, 11:44 PM
The lineup that lost the game was...surprise, Parker, Manu, Bowen, Finley and Elson.

Not to be confused with Parker, Manu, Bowen, Finley and Duncan...the lottery loss lineup.

whottt
04-15-2007, 11:45 PM
Seriously...we'd have been better off just tanking the season this year so Pop can get a player that will allow him to not play the shittiest lineup he can possibly cull from his roster.

1Parker1
04-15-2007, 11:47 PM
The lineup that lost the game was...surprise, Parker, Manu, Bowen, Finley and Elson.

Wasn't it the lineup of Parker, Manu, Bowen, Oberto, and Elson that lost us the game? 2 on 5 offensively made the Spurs go on a 6 minute offensive drought.

whottt
04-15-2007, 11:50 PM
No...it was definitely Parker, Manu, Bowen, Finley and Elson...

Oberto was actually playing pretty good today. And as soon as Oberto went out of the game was when the Mavs pulled ahead of us.

timvp
04-15-2007, 11:52 PM
And that's Barry's fault?

So you don't think Pop asked them to get the shot off ASAP?

Well, with the way Pop is coaching, you are probably right.

What kind of coaching tells you to take a quick three when you are down by three? You want to get a good quality look at a three-pointer or a fast two.

You don't want a two-handed fade away push shot before fully turned around from 27 feet because the pressure was on.

You mean...not at all when it mattered, against the Mavs, then brought in cold.

Uh, Barry averaged 23 minutes per game against the Mavs last year. 27 minutes per game in the losses.

Brought in cold my azz.

Pretty sure that's his first as a Spur...and I haven't seen him force up too many.

Sorry but your criticism is incosistent...

You've always said Barry is afraid to shoot....that wasn't being afraid to shoot. That was chucking with a man in his face...

Man in his face? He hadn't even turned all the way around yet. The closest man to his face was probably Pop on the other end of the court.

A confident shooter would have caught the ball, turned around and shot a regular shot. Not throw a no look heave at the rim as if he was attempting a full court shot.

And with six second on the clock? WTF?

The Spurs weren't playing big when they lost the lead at the end the final minutes....

Someone needs to go back and rewatch.

I'll be waiting for my apology.

Uh yeah there was this one big guy missing from the Spurs. His name is Tim something or other.

whottt
04-15-2007, 11:54 PM
Play by Play of the losing segment, please note the score:

Michael Finley enters the game for Fabricio Oberto 86-84
2:33 86-84 Francisco Elson blocks Greg Buckner's running jumper
2:32 86-84 Dallas offensive rebound
2:32 Dallas 20 Sec. timeout
2:30 86-84 Devin Harris misses 26-foot three point jumper
2:29 Manu Ginobili defensive rebound 86-84
2:08 Michael Finley misses 23-foot three point jumper 86-84
2:05 86-84 Dirk Nowitzki defensive rebound
1:53 86-84 Dirk Nowitzki misses 13-foot two point shot
1:52 Bruce Bowen defensive rebound 86-84
1:37 Manu Ginobili misses 22-foot jumper 86-84
1:37 86-84 DeSagana Diop defensive rebound
1:16 86-84 Greg Buckner misses jumper
1:15 86-84 Dirk Nowitzki offensive rebound
1:15 86-86 Dirk Nowitzki makes 14-foot jumper
1:15 San Antonio full timeout
1:15 86-86 Devean George enters the game for DeSagana Diop
0:53 Manu Ginobili lost ball (Josh Howard steals) 86-86
0:50 86-88 Greg Buckner makes two point shot
0:30 Bruce Bowen misses 24-foot three point jumper 86-88
0:29 86-88 Devean George defensive rebound
0:26 Manu Ginobili personal foul (Devin Harris draws the foul) 86-88
0:26 86-88 Jason Terry enters the game for Greg Buckner
0:26 86-88 Jerry Stackhouse enters the game for Devean George
0:10 Francisco Elson personal foul (Jerry Stackhouse draws the foul) 86-88
0:10 86-88 Jerry Stackhouse misses free throw 1 of 2
0:10 86-88 Dallas offensive rebound
0:10 86-88 Greg Buckner enters the game for Jason Terry
0:10 86-89 Jerry Stackhouse makes free throw 2 of 2
0:10 San Antonio 20 Sec. timeout
0:10 86-89 Devean George enters the game for Jerry Stackhouse
0:10 Fabricio Oberto enters the game for Bruce Bowen 86-89

As you can clearly see, we had lead until we subbed Finley for Oberto...as soon as we did the smallball sub, we fucking lost the game.

Apology Accepted.

Small Ball Sucks and Pop sucks as long as he keeps doing it.

We can't beat the freaking Bobcats or Celtics with that shit on the court...no way in hell we are we beating the Mavs with it, unless they choke.

johnpaulwall21
04-15-2007, 11:54 PM
wtf MANU?
wtf PARKER?

What kind of 4th quarter was that????

whottt
04-16-2007, 12:06 AM
What kind of coaching tells you to take a quick three when you are down by three? You want to get a good quality look at a three-pointer or a fast two.

Just the fact that Barry got the ball tells you he was supposed to get the shot off ASAP.

You don't want a two-handed fade away push shot before fully turned around from 27 feet because the pressure was on.

You do if you want your, smaller, teamates to have a shot at getting the board.

It was a rushed shot...and what gets me is you are acting like he always rushes his shots.

Uh, Barry averaged 23 minutes per game against the Mavs last year. 27 minutes per game in the losses.

Brought in cold my azz.

He hadn't played for most of the half and Pop brougth him in cold that half...that's not conducive to getting that shot made. That's what he did against the Mavs too.

Amazing how we were good enough to win a championship before Finley got here and now we aren't.

Finley is the guy getting the minutes...he's Pop's baby, don't hate on Barry because Finley shoots us out of games just as much as he shoots us into them.

Man in his face? He hadn't even turned all the way around yet. The closest man to his face was probably Pop on the other end of the court.

A confident shooter would have caught the ball, turned around and shot a regular shot. Not throw a no look heave at the rim as if he was attempting a full court shot.

Ok so he wasn't confident after sitting for the entire half and getting called into take a game winner, for like the first time in his Spurs career.

If it makes you feel better to call Barry a coward go ahead...you find every reason to do so, even if it contradicts previous criticisms. And even if he's got fewer chokes than any guy on the team outside of Horry.

Meanwhile...where's Devin?

And with six second on the clock? WTF?

What was Pop supposed to do? Have Parker or Manu drive into the middle so they can get that shit stuffed back into their face by the BIGGER Mavs, like the previous 8 posessions?

Uh yeah there was this one big guy missing from the Spurs. His name is Tim something or other.

Read the play by play again...

Look at the sub, the score, the rebounding...

Kori Ellis
04-16-2007, 12:09 AM
Man, I wish Spurs fans (including my husband) would stop bitching at each other.
Sack up and band together - it's almost playoff time. And the fans from other teams are going to be bad enough to deal with, stop whining to each other.

timvp
04-16-2007, 12:17 AM
Man, I wish Spurs fans (including my husband) would stop bitching at each other.
Sack up and band together - it's almost playoff time. And the fans from other teams are going to be bad enough to deal with, stop whining to each other.
:guin

Kori Ellis
04-16-2007, 12:17 AM
:guin

:nutkick:

slayermin
04-16-2007, 12:18 AM
Brent Barry looked horrible the whole game.... he to took horrible shots out of character the entire game

Yep, he stunk up the joint.

SPARKY
04-16-2007, 12:19 AM
Why would I rip a Spurs fan with so much Mav Fan in here?

Amuseddaysleeper
04-16-2007, 12:20 AM
wait, are people seriously trying to defend barry's shot?

that honest to god looked like the type of shot you'd take if you were tanking the game on purpose or were betting on the other team to win.

that has to be one of the most inexplicable shots of the entire season

timvp
04-16-2007, 12:21 AM
:nutkick:

I think I just got Crawforded.

I would say Barryed but that would entail pressing enter on a post six seconds too early because I was worried whottt would beat me to a point.

:stirpot:

whottt
04-16-2007, 12:25 AM
Yes...we are seriously trying to defend Barry's shot...

Down by 3 against a good FT shooting team with 6 second on the clock, when Barry shoots, exactly how much more time was he supposed to take to get a good shot, down by 3?

There was 3 second left when Elson fouled...so how much more time should he have taken. As usual...Barry was about 400 steps ahead of anyone on the Spurs offensively.

Pop may have said get a quick 2 but I gurantee you he said get a quick shot...because if the Mavs got the ball back on a rebound the game was over.

whottt
04-16-2007, 12:28 AM
Still want to hear TimVP's commentary on my play by play selection...

No smallball indeed.

See...I don't hate small ball in and of itself, I hate when Pop tries to win tight games with it...which is pretty much the only time you can gurantee he will try to use it.

Don't tell me having another rebounder on the floor would have hurt us...

Dirk got an O-board for the tying score.

timvp
04-16-2007, 12:33 AM

Down by 3 against a good FT shooting team with 6 second on the clock, when Barry shoots, exactly how much more time was he supposed to take to get a good shot, down by 3?

There was 3 second left when Elson fouled...so how much more time should he have taken. As usual...Barry was about 400 steps ahead of anyone on the Spurs offensively.

Pop may have said get a quick 2 but I gurantee you he said get a quick shot...because if the Mavs got the ball back on a rebound the game was over.

Are you being serious? No person with a half of a percent of basketball IQ would suggest taking a no look three-pointer with six seconds on the clock and no rebounders under the basket.

You get a good look at a three or a quick and easy two. Getting an offensive rebound isn't even part of the equation in that circumstance.

Basketball 101.

timvp
04-16-2007, 12:36 AM
Still want to hear TimVP's commentary on my play by play selection...

No smallball indeed.

See...I don't hate small ball in and of itself, I hate when Pop tries to win tight games with it...which is pretty much the only time you can gurantee he will try to use it.

Don't tell me having another rebounder on the floor would have hurt us...

Dirk got an O-board for the tying score.

I didn't say no small ball. I said that the Spurs stayed big for most of the game. With Duncan out and the Mavs packing the lane, small ball was as good as anything else at that time.

The Mavs sagged off Elson and Oberto to the point that Manu and Tony couldn't do anything. Now if Duncan is in there and the Spurs go small, then I'd be right with you.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-16-2007, 12:36 AM

woah woah woah woah

whott, i want barry to succeed as much as the next guy, even when he looks iffy, i still keeep faith in him, but that shot was ludicrous. he shot that ball like he had .4 seconds left on the clock. i understand if you wanna take a quick 3 to give yourself a second chance to score by getting the offensive board, but I REFUSE to believe barry took a well advised shot. I mean come on, wtf was that shit?

like i said before, it has to be one of the most atrocious shots of the season. I would've felt more comfortable having oberto take that shot b/c at least he woulda tried to have had his feet set.

whottt
04-16-2007, 12:39 AM
Are you being serious? No person with a half of a percent of basketball IQ would suggest taking a no look three-pointer with six seconds on the clock and no rebounders under the basket.

You get a good look at a three or a quick and easy two. Getting an offensive rebound isn't even part of the equation in that circumstance.

Basketball 101.

Does basketball 101 tell you why Pop would sub Barry in for Manu when he wants a quick 2?

Bandwagon Bill
04-16-2007, 12:40 AM
In the interest of not starting another thread, why was Bonner a DNP today? Keeping something back for the PO?

Amuseddaysleeper
04-16-2007, 12:41 AM
Does basketball 101 tell you why Pop would sub Barry in for Manu when he wants a quick 2?

ok but then you get a good look a the three not a rushed up lob a nothing.

it's plays like that make me question our inability to execute in crunch time, with or without TD

whottt
04-16-2007, 12:41 AM
I didn't say no small ball. I said that the Spurs stayed big for most of the game. With Duncan out and the Mavs packing the lane, small ball was as good as anything else at that time.

The Mavs sagged off Elson and Oberto to the point that Manu and Tony couldn't do anything. Now if Duncan is in there and the Spurs go small, then I'd be right with you.

What lineup was ont he court when the Mavs tied and took the lead?

Parker
Manu
Bowen
Finley
Elson...

The first 4 constitute the lineup of death, even according to your own research, and that's even with Duncan as the sole big...

Sorry it's the lineup of death, it's the lineup everyone railed against all season, and Pop put it on the court in the absolute deciding moments...just like he did in playoffs last year...

Riley>>>>>>>Pop

And what does AJ have on Pop?

whottt
04-16-2007, 12:43 AM
I think now we know why Barry never forces shots...he sucks at it.

timvp
04-16-2007, 12:44 AM

A good look at a three.

But I'm guessing Pop was pissed that Manu turned it over and then fouled when he wasn't supposed to foul.

SPARKY
04-16-2007, 12:44 AM
If you give Barry the benefit of a doubt you assume that he thought the clock read 0.2 instead of, say, 6.2. But then you'd think he'd know how much time was left when the ball was inbounded.

whottt
04-16-2007, 12:51 AM
But I'm guessing Pop was pissed that Manu turned it over and then fouled when he wasn't supposed to foul.

Well he sure did teach Manu a lesson...

Just like he showed Rasho and Nazr last year("6'10 guys ought to be able to get a rebound")...

whottt
04-16-2007, 12:53 AM
If you give Barry the benefit of a doubt you assume that he thought the clock read 0.2 instead of, say, 6.2. But then you'd think he'd know how much time was left when the ball was inbounded.

Let me guess...you and TimVP are having a contest to see who can come up with the worst take?

If I were you...I'd go make a new nic, and then I'd leave the basketball discussion to those who know WTF is going on heah.

sabar
04-16-2007, 12:55 AM
That shot was worse than Beno's uncontested brick from 6 feet.

SPARKY
So then there's no explanation for Barry chucking up that shot other than he got scared.

Amuseddaysleeper
Let me guess...you and TimVP are having a contest to see who can come up with the worst take?

If I were you...I'd go make a new nic, and then I'd leave the basketball discussion to those who know WTF is going on heah.

whott, are you honestly satisfied with barry's shot? if you're Pop, that's the play you design? You don't think he should've settled down a bit and maybe taken that extra second to be FACING the basket when he shot that? 6.6 seconds is an eternity in crunch time.

timvp
04-16-2007, 01:02 AM
I want to see the scenario that whottt can't defend Barry in. Well, actually that one time he disappeared for a week after Barry had his no-hitter against the Sonics was probably about as close as we are going to get.

A no-look 29 foot heave with six seconds on the clock was because he was so much smarter than the rest of the civilized basketball playing world since Barry knew that the Mavs were good free throw shooters and you can't let them get the rebound even though the Spurs had no rebounders under the basket it was all Pop's fault small ball let me post the game log small ball ice colddd !$!#@$ asdf 234

whottt
04-16-2007, 01:13 AM
Ok Barry lost the game for us...if he hadn't blown the lead and put us down by 3, we'd have won.

But anyway, moral victory, daisies shooting out of my ass...

Pop's substitutions are hurting this team...no matter how good he is at chemistry and defense and getting consistent play, his substitions and insane attempts to win with a lineup that couldn't beat the Bobcats, proven for the 22nd time this season, are the weakest link.

Fuck Pop.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-16-2007, 01:15 AM
Ok Barry lost the game for us...if he hadn't blown the lead and put us down by 3, we'd have won.

But anyway, moral victory, daisies shooting out of my ass...Pop's substitutions are hurting this team...he's got a team with Parker, Duncan and Manu on it...and that's too much team for him to handle.

let's hire rick carlisle this summer :elephant :lol

sammy
04-16-2007, 01:26 AM
I'd rather have Manu, Finley or Bonner taking the 3 instead of Barry!

timvp
04-16-2007, 01:32 AM
Seriously though, I hope Barry has the playoff run of his life. The Spurs are going to need him. He had his best Spurs regular season, so hopefully that carries over to the playoffs.

I trust he'll show up ... except I don't trust him versus the Mavs yet. His -300 from last year's playoffs versus the Mavs and the shot I saw today makes me wonder. But versus everyone else, Barry can and should be an assassin.

whottt
04-16-2007, 01:36 AM
Seriously though, I hope Barry has the playoff run of his life. The Spurs are going to need him. He had his best Spurs regular season, so hopefully that carries over to the playoffs.

I trust he'll show up ... except I don't trust him versus the Mavs yet. His -300 from last year's playoffs versus the Mavs and the shot I saw today makes me wonder. But versus everyone else, Barry can and should be an assassin.

Barry isn't the reason we lost this game....but I'll leave you, Buddy and TPark to draw your conclusions...

kris
04-16-2007, 01:38 AM
Nobody said Barry lost the game. It was a retarded shot. Can't you just admit that or are you like that 48 year old guy that is obsessed with ducks and thinks Lebron sucks.

timvp
04-16-2007, 01:39 AM
Barry isn't the reason we lost this game....but I'll leave you, Buddy and TPark to draw your conclusions...

Did I say he was?

I'm talking about the inexplicably bad shot he took. Parker, Manu, Bowen, Finley, Duncan, Pop, Elson and Vaughn had more to do with the loss than Barry.

But that doesn't mean that wasn't the most feeble shot of the season.

sabar
Barry isn't the reason we lost this game....but I'll leave you, Buddy and TPark to draw your conclusions...Hey, just because someone hands you the reins while the car is on fire doesn't mean you're excused when you take a 29-foot no-look turn-around three.

MannyIsGod
You know what high basketball IQ tells you? It tells you that you don't foul with more than 24 seconds on the clock if you need a stop. It also tells you that you should know how many team fouls you have. In addition to that - it tells that once you have fouled and have decided to play the FT game, you don't wait till there is 10 seconds on the clock in order to foul again.

Bitch about Barry all you want. You all seem to forgive Bruce clanking away in the last few seconds. Bitch about whatever you want, but you all seem to forget all the fucking mistakes in the last minute of the game let alone everything else you see. Some of you never give Barry props when he does well and always pile on him when he does something you deem wrong when you don't even know what was ordered in the huddle.

There were a shitload of mistakes late in that game. The Spurs played it like a team that didn't need to win it and a team that had packed it in the moment their MVP was sent to the showers. Give me a fucking break about Barry taking a scared shot because Manu looked scared when he fouled and when he turned it over. Bruce looked scared when he clanked a three in the last minute of the game. And Pop shits his pants every time he's within 100 yards of Avery Johnson.

MannyIsGod
04-16-2007, 01:41 AM
:flipoff Timvp for stealing my thunder and giving Barry props and admitting his shot wasn't the reason we lost the game while I was writing my post.

Bitch.

nowhereman523
04-16-2007, 01:41 AM
heard on the radio that barry said he was confused on the last play, and it wasn't drawn up for him. he definitely panicked.

shouldn't there be a set play in practice for this situation? my theory is that pop didn't want to show his hand, so he drew up something new that the guys weren't used to. the team was already kinda out of its element down the stretch without Duncan. This definitely puts the onus on Barry for lack of concentration and execution.

kris
04-16-2007, 01:42 AM
Can you name some names to see if I made the list or should I continue to assume some of you translates to LJ?

timvp
04-16-2007, 01:47 AM
:flipoff Timvp for stealing my thunder and giving Barry props and admitting his shot wasn't the reason we lost the game while I was writing my post.

Bitch.

That was some preemptive ownage :lol

I already gave (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64327) my thoughts on why the Spurs lost. Notice the prominent positioning of the dumb mistakes made by everyone but Barry. His shot didn't even make the list.

Barry sucked but he didn't effect the game much one way or the other. At least not as much as 90% of the rest of the team.

MannyIsGod
04-16-2007, 01:47 AM
Can you name some names to see if I made the list or should I continue to assume some of you translates to LJ?Its not just LJ although he's part of the crew that loves to bash Barry. AHF rags on Barry hard as hell too, and there are others. I don't know if you're on the list because your posts are never serious so I never take them seriously.

timvp
04-16-2007, 01:52 AM
Its not just LJ although he's part of the crew that loves to bash Barry.

I had a problem with Barry pre-2006-trade-deadline-reality-check and in the series last year against Dallas. Outside of that, I've backed Barry all year.

In fact, I said that Barry should start ahead of Manu and Finley back before Pop made the move. I even had a thread praising Barry's defense.

Since the trade deadline last year and outside of last year's Mavs series, Barry has been pretty damn good. And I've stated as much.

kris
04-16-2007, 01:53 AM
Count me in on the crew. I think Barry needs my backlash so I can have a go to whipping boy. I'll do that thing where I say we need Barry to do good and I hope he does good and then when he doesn't do good I can revert back to my old bashing comments. If he does good then I can say, yeah that's what we needed.

It's bullet proof.

kris
04-16-2007, 01:54 AM
Oh and for the record I bash people when they suck and praise them when they do good. It's how the universe works for me.

whottt
04-16-2007, 02:07 AM
Barry probably finally realized that he'll get more PT from Pop by choking then hitting them...like Devin. And Mike.

kris
04-16-2007, 02:08 AM
Sweet come back ChrisBenoitFan4life83917

whottt
04-16-2007, 02:10 AM
It's funny because Pop is doing the same shit with Horry...you guys see minutes played and a shitty game but never look at when they played.

Barry was having a shitty night that time against Phoenix...Horry was having a shitty night in game 5...Now I'm not comparing Barry's clutchness to Horry's, but Horry similarly attempted just about the worst shot of his career last year against the Mavs in almost the exact same situation...

No PT, expected to come in cold and hit a 3.

That's not the way clutch works...it took Steve Kerr 5 years to adjust to that.

xfycox
04-16-2007, 02:13 AM
Barry did a great job of blowing the game for us. He had plently of time to line up that three or pass it so someone could get in the paint and try to get the foul. But no none of that happened instead he tossed the ball off like he was playing a game of hot potato. I dont like Oberto but I think he did an alright job tonight.

timvp
04-16-2007, 02:23 AM
Barry probably finally realized that he'll get more PT from Pop by choking then hitting them...like Devin. And Mike.

Fantastic sarcasm.

Link to where Devin choked? You're talking about Devin "All-Time Leader in Playoff Three-Point Percentage for the San Antonio Spurs" Brown right?

whottt
04-16-2007, 02:29 AM
Fantastic sarcasm.

Link to where Devin choked? You're talking about Devin "All-Time Leader in Playoff Three-Point Percentage for the San Antonio Spurs" Brown right?

V Rockets - TMac 13 in 30 Game - 04

And no...I meant, Devin(will never play for the Spurs again - Pop) Brown.

Don't worry TimVP, you've got your choker in hard nosed player's clothing on this team any...he goes by the name of Mike.

timvp
04-16-2007, 02:32 AM
That was a fantastic shot by Barry.

I agree.

whottt
04-16-2007, 02:34 AM
I never said it was fantastic...but it wasn't a choke.

As posted earlier...it was indeed a broken play. And I am almost certain Pop wanted a three there.

Barry was just trying to get something off with time to get another shot...

It was shitty, but it wasn't a choke. You tried to gloss it as one...

Guy comes in cold, you can't hang a choke tag on him(unless it's really something stupid like forgetting how to call a time out when that's all you need to win). That's what you're trying to do here...

timvp
04-16-2007, 02:35 AM
+/- 2006 Playoffs
M. Ginobili +75
T. Duncan +55
T. Parker +28
B. Udrih +24
B. Bowen +23
R. Nesterovic +15
F. Oberto +5
M. Finley -4
R. Horry -5
N. Mohammed -8
N. Van Exel -9
B. Barry -54

whottt
04-16-2007, 02:37 AM
1.M. Ginobili +75

Do I need to go into the intricacies of why +/- isn't everthing?

Even when used WITH an accurate sample size?

RogerIsEatingASandwich
04-16-2007, 02:39 AM
I just saw a replay of the Barry's final shot....it made my eyes burn...

aaronstampler
04-16-2007, 02:50 AM
Do I need to go into the intricacies of why +/- isn't everthing?

Even when used WITH an accurate sample size?

Yup, it's just a coincedence why Manu led or tied for the team lead in +/- the last six playoff series we've played. Amazing considering how "horrible" he was vs Sacramento and Dallas last year.

This season Duncan is # 1 in +/-, and Dirk is # 2. It seems like a pretty accurate baromoter to me.

whottt
04-16-2007, 02:53 AM
Yup, it's just a coincedence why Manu led or tied for the team lead in +/- the last six playoff series we've played. Amazing considering how "horrible" he was vs Sacramento and Dallas last year.

This season Duncan is # 1 in +/-, and Dirk is # 2. It seems like a pretty accurate baromoter to me.

TimVP...welcome to Aaron Stampler's world.

You evidentally won't get to see the final seconds of OT in many game 7's...but you'll have all the stats in the world to prove you can't discern winning plays from losing ones.

Aaron, Buddy and TPark? Does it get any better?

Maybe Brewski will chime in to make it a quintet.

mFFL03
04-16-2007, 09:35 AM

Why is it that woman always make the most sense?

Oh yeah, and does anyone know where I can find a "worlds biggest Barry fan shirt"? or just a barry jersey will do i guess... :clap

bdictjames
04-16-2007, 09:40 AM
That was a horrible shot. Only Bryant/McGrady/Allen could have made that shot go in. Barry should have faked, and maybe draw the foul.

nkdlunch
04-16-2007, 09:49 AM

I wonder...

wow calm down. this was a meaningless game, a practice like parker said, especially after Duncan was gone.