PDA

View Full Version : Something We Have To Realize About the Dallas Mavs and their Fans

aaronstampler
04-15-2007, 05:55 PM
They don't care that Tim got ejected.

They don't care that Avery played all his guys big minutes and put Dirk and Howard back into the game after Tim got ejected.

To them it's just another impressive comeback win against the San Antonio Spurs.

Don't expect them to be rational. Don't expect them to be fair. Don't expect them to show class or sportsmanship or dignity.

THEY. HAVE. NO. SHAME.

The sooner we understand that about their owner, their players, their broadcasters and most of all their fans, the sooner we can move on. Our team plane could crash and the Mavs organization would be making jokes the next day. It's just how they are.

samikeyp
04-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Let's be fair though.

Not all Mavs fans are bad like that. Just like not all Spurs fans are which some Mav fans would have you believe.

Amarelooms
04-15-2007, 05:58 PM

They don't care that Avery played all his guys big minutes and put Dirk and Howard back into the game after Tim got ejected.

To them it's just another impressive comeback win against the San Antonio Spurs.

Don't expect them to be rational. Don't expect them to be fair. Don't expect them to show class or sportsmanship or dignity.

THEY. HAVE. NO. SHAME.

The sooner we understand that about their owner, their players, their broadcasters and most of all their fans, the sooner we can move on. Our team plane could crash and the Mavs organization would be making jokes the next day. It's just how they are.

Show some class son. The Mavs actually did you guys a favor. Now rest your starters and get ready for the playoffs. Everyone is gonna have a tough time even in the 1st round. You were NOT goona catch the Suns anyway :elephant

rocyaice
I've realized this. They see what they want. They're in denial. They completely missed the fact that Duncan owned them in the paint just like Amare did a couple of weeks ago. Mavs have a problem with defending the paint.

ATXSPUR
They are legends in their own minds. That just hit a quick spurt and think they have done anything of substance. Have fun being the only team in Texas without a banner boys!

samikeyp
Show some class son.

You first.

SRJ
Yeah, but it's the 98% of bad Mavs fans that give the other 2% a bad name.

ShoogarBear
04-15-2007, 05:59 PM
Yeah, but it's the 98% of bad Mavs fans that give the other 2% a bad name.:lol

Sig material.

=RTM=
04-15-2007, 06:00 PM
http://www.ctgilles.net/images/pictars/master_obvious.jpg

Kobe'smyhomie
04-15-2007, 06:00 PM
"Our team plane could crash and the Mavs organization would be making jokes the next day. It's just how they are."

rofl

nsrammstein
04-15-2007, 06:04 PM
lmaooooooooooo @ the thread starter

mavs>spurs2
04-15-2007, 06:04 PM
Wow if you guys want to talk about class, then be fair and first take a look around the board. People bitching, complaining, and making countless threads about Joey Crawford. Right now alot of your fellow spur fans are giving the rest of you a bad name.

RogerIsEatingASandwich
04-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Wow if you guys want to talk about class, then be fair and first take a look around the board. People bitching, complaining, and making countless threads about Joey Crawford. Right now alot of your fellow spur fans are giving the rest of you a bad name.

:rolleyes

You guys would be doing the exact same thing had that happend to the Mavs. STFU.

samikeyp
04-15-2007, 06:06 PM
Wow if you guys want to talk about class, then be fair and first take a look around the board. People bitching, complaining, and making countless threads about Joey Crawford. Right now alot of your fellow spur fans are giving the rest of you a bad name

its no worse than those Mavs fans who did the same thing during, after and since the Finals. Don't act like it is exclusively a ST thing.

ATXSPUR
04-15-2007, 06:07 PM
Dallas fans lack of class doesnt surprise me. They are right near the state of oklahoma. Ever since I saw an upside down horns hat in a hotel gift shop in Dallas I have always considered that place southern oklahoma. Not to mention the arrogant sports media of the city.

SilverPlayer
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Mavs fans think they can control spurs fans on their own board. Enjoy the games that get handed to you. what is this number 7?

adrienne
Something we have to realize is that sports, in general, often brings out the worst in people. And that applies to fans of any team.

T Park
Yeah, but it's the 98% of bad Mavs fans that give the other 2% a bad name.

very very true :lol

Wow if you guys want to talk about class, then be fair and first take a look around the board. People bitching, complaining, and making countless threads about Joey Crawford. Right now alot of your fellow spur fans are giving the rest of you a bad name

:lol

So what shoul we say about that????

DubMcDub
04-15-2007, 06:09 PM
I've realized this. They see what they want. They're in denial. They completely missed the fact that Duncan owned them in the paint just like Amare did a couple of weeks ago. Mavs have a problem with defending the paint.

The Mavs have never won a playoff series in which Duncan owned them in the paint.

......wait. :lol

nsrammstein
04-15-2007, 06:09 PM
I love how spurs fans react when their team loses. They start bashing the other team's owner and fans and players and the organization then they go on and talk about class.

samikeyp
04-15-2007, 06:11 PM
I love how spurs fans react when their team loses. They start bashing the other team's owner and fans and players and the organization then they go on and talk about class.

I love how some Mavs fans are stupid enough to think that all Spurs fans think and act alike.

mavs>spurs2
04-15-2007, 06:12 PM
its no worse than those Mavs fans who did the same thing during, after and since the Finals. Don't act like it is exclusively a ST thing.

Both fanbases are guilty, all I'm saying is play fair.

samikeyp
04-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Both fanbases are guilty, all I'm saying is play fair.

and I am saying the same thing.

nsrammstein
04-15-2007, 06:14 PM
This is one fucking game the mavs did not hold the spurs teams hostage for 82 days and just feeding them bread and water. some spurs fans react like that is what happened.

SPARKY
04-15-2007, 06:14 PM
Oddly enough, one fanbase is camped out in the other's forum searching for validation over regular season wins.

Flight3107
04-15-2007, 06:22 PM

Nope, sure dont.

Let me play.

All Spurs fans don't care that Pop played all his guys big minutes in the 03 playoffs and put Duncan, DRob, Parker, and Manu into the games after Dirk went down with a knee injury.

See I can make retarded statements also.

Nope

To me Its just another one of the Mavs 66 wins this year.

THEY. HAVE. NO. SHAME.

http://www.loc.gov/loc/lcib/9804/images/oliphant_3.jpg

PMS?

Jesus, you bitch more than any female I have ever seen.

ATXSPUR
04-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Oddly enough, one fanbase is camped out in the other's forum searching for validation over regular season wins.

Thank you!

ShoogarBear
04-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Oddly enough, one fanbase is camped out in the other's forum searching for validation over regular season wins.And I think we're making their tummies hurt.

Findog
04-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Our team plane could crash and the Mavs organization would be making jokes the next day. It's just how they are.

Yes. Please do go on about having "class."

ponky
04-15-2007, 06:55 PM

THEY. HAVE. NO. SHAME.

Stop being ridiculous. Tell me that you didn't celebrate the shit out of that WCF win in 2003 when you beat the Mavericks in those games without Nowitzki. A win is a win and it's not like Timmy was out the entire freakin' game, he was out one quarter. Why don't you delve a bit deeper into this loss and explain why the Spurs missed nine straight field goals in the fourth and went on a 6:30 minute drought without a single field goal in the fourth? I think Duncan's ejection was bullshit but it's not like the Spurs didn't have other mistakes and actually, right after he was ejected, while Dirk was still on the bench, the Spurs regrouped and played very well for a couple of minutes, they just didn't sustain it down the stretch.

SPARKY
04-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Stop being ridiculous. Tell me that you didn't celebrate the shit out of that WCF win in 2003 when you beat the Mavericks in those games without Nowitzki.

At least that was the playoffs.

aaronstampler
04-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Stop being ridiculous. Tell me that you didn't celebrate the shit out of that WCF win in 2003 when you beat the Mavericks in those games without Nowitzki. A win is a win and it's not like Timmy was out the entire freakin' game, he was out one quarter. Why don't you delve a bit deeper into this loss and explain why the Spurs missed nine straight field goals in the fourth and went on a 6:30 minute drought without a single field goal in the fourth? I think Duncan's ejection was bullshit but it's not like the Spurs didn't have other mistakes and actually, right after he was ejected, while Dirk was still on the bench, the Spurs regrouped and played very well for a couple of minutes, they just didn't sustain it down the stretch.

A ref or a Spur didn't injure Dirk. It just happened. It's a part of the game. Don't tell me what happened to Duncan is a part of the game.

We went on a long drought partly because Dallas played good defense but also partly because A) we run the offense through Tim and B) Pop was running a lot of vanilla iso stuff.

I just can't believe Avery played all his guys big minutes and trotted out Dirk and Howard out there in the 4th, especially after Tim's ejection. He's a filthy liar.

ponky
04-15-2007, 07:00 PM
At least that was the playoffs.

and? shit happens, teams have to deal...the mavs in that series were able to eke out one win against the spurs in the playoffs wihtout dirk, i was happy with that but it's not like i started going around acting bitchy towards spurs fans because they were celebrating a win over a dirk-less mavs team...a win is a win

ATXSPUR
A ref or a Spur didn't injure Dirk. It just happened. It's a part of the game. Don't tell me what happened to Duncan is a part of the game.

We went on a long drought partly because Dallas played good defense but also partly because A) we run the offense through Tim and B) Pop was running a lot of vanilla iso stuff.

I just can't believe Avery played all his guys big minutes and trotted out Dirk and Howard out there in the 4th, especially after Tim's ejection. He's a filthy liar.

Calm down. Averys actions make it obvious that he fears what the spurs can do. If he feels he HAS to fight tooth and nail and go all out for this win that means nothing and when we dont have our star player let him. Its all good to me.

GoldToe
Was Mavtalker banned for talkin' a little smack

ponky
04-15-2007, 07:03 PM

so now you're mad because avery didn't reveal his true intentions about the game and had he done so the spurs could've played with more urgency than they were already playing? ejections are part of the game too and it was pretty stupid for duncan to laugh at the biggest prick in the system when the game's on the line...i'm sorry but sitting next to horry who is always laughing at everything like it's all a bigjoke doesn't help matters. bitching about the minutes played is weak man, everyone knew it would either be a snoozer or both teams would play hard, avery was not just going to lie down and allow the spurs to play hard and win a game at the expense of his players.

SPARKY
04-15-2007, 07:05 PM
and? shit happens, teams have to deal...the mavs in that series were able to eke out one win against the spurs in the playoffs wihtout dirk, i was happy with that but it's not like i started going around acting bitchy towards spurs fans because they were celebrating a win over a dirk-less mavs team...a win is a win

At least in the postseason you get to advance. Anyways, if you have a problem with what Spurs fans have to say in here click the red box with the "X" in the upper right corner of your browser...

nsrammstein
04-15-2007, 07:06 PM
aaronstampler, do you want avery to reveal his gameplan to the media every god damn game so the spurs could take notes and know what to do? Do you also want avery to say what play he is running every possesion trough the PA system? you are fucking stupid

unknown09
04-15-2007, 07:07 PM
timmy got robbed by a ref duncan was killing the mavs...

ponky
04-15-2007, 07:07 PM
At least in the postseason you get to advance. Anyways, if you have a problem with what Spurs fans have to say in here click the red box with the "X" in the upper right corner of your browser...

i don't use shitty windows and i'm not going to let a few spurs fans bitch and moan in private because they think they got gypped out of something that wasn't theirs in the first place...man up and make some valid points or go cry yourself to sleep because you believe the world is unfair :rolleyes

ponky
04-15-2007, 07:09 PM
aaronstampler, do you want avery to reveal his gameplan to the media every god damn game so the spurs could take notes and know what to do? Do you also want avery to say what play he is running every possesion trough the PA system? you are fucking stupid

:lmao

exstatic
04-15-2007, 07:09 PM
They played better without Dirk. See? I can keep posting that every time you bring it up.

ShoogarBear
04-15-2007, 07:10 PM
They played better without Dirk. That was the first inkling we all got that Nash was going to be a three-time MVP as soon as he ditched Dirk.

schadenfreude52
04-15-2007, 07:10 PM

:tu :tu :tu

pking
04-15-2007, 07:11 PM

THEY. HAVE. NO. SHAME.

I don't really get how the Mavs did anything wrong. Taking advantage of the other teams disadvantages happens in every single game. We didn't eject the guy.

It's reaching to say the Mavs are not classy because of this. How do you suppose to Mavs should've reacted to Tim being ejected? Immediately pull their better players?

On another note, I don't think anybody would say that was an 'impressive win'

ponky
04-15-2007, 07:11 PM
They played better without Dirk. See? I can keep posting that every time you bring it up.

but you can't argue against it with valid points...which is why i will keep bringing it up

carrecaminos
04-15-2007, 07:12 PM
I think that Mavs are **Cough** Chokers ** Cough**

Win something and We talk later.

Man of Steel
04-15-2007, 07:12 PM

I hate to admit it.

But dammit--he is right.

That Jackass Crawford should be fired--we all agree with that.

But the Spurs could not buy a damn bucket in the last t5wo minutes of the game--that is what lost this for us.

I know--

If we would have had Tim there in the paint, this would not have happened.

Still--this is a game where Parker, Manu.and Brent Barry smelled like dead fish in the last two minutes of the game. A simple bucket here or there and the Spurs would have handed the Mavs a really badass win without our number one guy and with Avery Johnson playing his starters like it was game 7 of the NBA Finals.

As for the Mavs--

This game can't exactly fill you with a ton of confidence going into the playoffs. You know as well as I do that up until the time that Duncan was ejected and our other starters began their best impersonation of the Boston Celtics in the last two minutes--even with your first team in working like sons of bitches, you barely defeated the Spurs.

SPARKY
04-15-2007, 07:14 PM
i don't use shitty windows

Neither do I.

and i'm not going to let a few spurs fans bitch and moan in private because they think they got gypped out of something that wasn't theirs in the first place...man up and make some valid points or go cry yourself to sleep because you believe the world is unfair :rolleyes

You're an internets superstar.

aaronstampler
04-15-2007, 07:16 PM

I don't think lying is ever excusable or appropriate. If he didn't want to reveal how many minutes he was going to play his guys he could've just said, "No comment" or "None of your business."

That he had to play his team balls out against us after already clinching home court just goes to show the Mavericks are scared shitless of us. They see how easily we dispatched Phoenix, a team they can't seem to hold to less than 120 points. They see how we stomped on a desperate Warriors team twice when they're killing everyone else in the league, including Dallas.

If we play Dallas 5 vs 5 instead of 5 vs 8, you guys have almost no chance of beating us. And your coach knows it.

unknown09
04-15-2007, 07:16 PM
just got to face it the mavs got lucky mark cuban payed one of the refs to eject TD cause mark knew the spurs were gonna put a beat down on the mavs....just think why would someone get ejected just for clapping and laughing?????

Findog
04-15-2007, 07:40 PM
So how do you explain us winning three of the last four in the series going into today's game? TD was on the floor for all of them. The Spurs are not a D-League team without him.

unknown09
04-15-2007, 07:52 PM
they like sucking mark cuban's dick

Shank
04-15-2007, 07:55 PM
That he had to play his team balls out against us after already clinching home court just goes to show the Mavericks are scared shitless of us.

How are the Mavs scared of a team they beat regularly now?

This was their playoff "tuneup" game. Why do it against Seattle on Wednesday night when you can have it against one of the best in the league on national television?