PDA

View Full Version : Any Mavs fans feel good about that win?

DarrinS
04-15-2007, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't.

There's no doubt in my mind that Spurs win with Tim.

It's a little embarrassing that Avery chose to play Dirk so many minutes against Oberto.

ChumpDumper
04-15-2007, 06:01 PM
The answer is yes.

End of thread.

=RTM=
04-15-2007, 06:03 PM
As long as it produces a room full of kool-aid drinking, suicide ledge jumping homos? hell yes!

http://www.ctgilles.net/images/pictars/master_obvious.jpg

adrienne
04-15-2007, 06:04 PM
I don't. But I don't feel bad about it either. This game really did not matter, and I'm disappointed that Avery played them so many minutes. And no, I don't believe that they would have won had Duncan been in.

DarrinS
04-15-2007, 06:07 PM
I don't. But I don't feel bad about it either. This game really did not matter, and I'm disappointed that Avery played them so many minutes. And no, I don't believe that they would have won had Duncan been in.

I believe your entire post except the last sentence.

BTW, nice mouth.

mavsfan1000
04-15-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm loving it.

Dirk Nowitzki
04-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Damn if this is intense, then the WCF will be beyond crazy assuming the spurs make it then. I am so happy playoffs are almost here so I can start my mavs game threads again. :) :)

DubMcDub
04-15-2007, 06:12 PM
It's always good to win, but I guess "would have won if's" are preferrable to some people.

DarrinS
04-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Damn if this is intense, then the WCF will be beyond crazy assuming the spurs make it then. I am so happy playoffs are almost here so I can start my mavs game threads again. :) :)

I'm really going to enjoy watching you guys play Golden State.

By the way, according to ABC, Jerry Stackhouse is one hell of a human being. I really couldn't get enough of hearing about his tribute to Jackie Robinson. I wished they had talked more about that.

Doug Collins
04-15-2007, 06:13 PM
It's a little embarrassing Spurs fans keep posting shit threads like this. "OHHH We would've won with Duncan!!!" Who cares. We lost, mavs won. Time for the playoffs.

ThomasGranger
04-15-2007, 06:14 PM
Damn if this is intense, then the WCF will be beyond crazy assuming the spurs make it then.

And assuming the Mavs do as well.

DarrinS
04-15-2007, 06:14 PM
It's always good to win, but I guess "would have won if's" are preferrable to some people.

Ahhh, fuck it. You guys just played far superior basketball. Who the hell is Duncan anyway. We don't need that damn three-time FINALS MVP anyway. He's a freakin thug -- gettin T'ed up all the time and what not.

By the way, what was the "what if" against Miami last year. Just curious.

Doug Collins
04-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Ahhh, fuck it. You guys just played far superior basketball. Who the hell is Duncan anyway. We don't need that damn three-time FINALS MVP anyway. He's a freakin thug -- gettin T'ed up all the time and what not.

Quit being a bitch. Jesus. Spurs lost. What would it have mattered if we had won?

J.T.
04-15-2007, 06:16 PM

Assuming the Spurs make it there? You have to make it there too, jackass.

DarrinS
04-15-2007, 06:16 PM
It's a little embarrassing Spurs fans keep posting shit threads like this. "OHHH We would've won with Duncan!!!" Who cares. We lost, mavs won. Time for the playoffs.

Fuck you Doug Collins!

Oh well, at least my suspicions were right about Devin Harris and Jerry Shithouse. Those are the two we really need to be concerned about.

I think they need to give Diop some oxygen after playing 40 some-odd minutes.

Brianna
04-15-2007, 06:17 PM
When the Spurs won their last game and the other teams star was out? Mouse made the same topic and 99% of this Bipolar forum said they loved the win.

pot meet kettle.

DarrinS
04-15-2007, 06:17 PM
Quit being a bitch. Jesus. Spurs lost. What would it have mattered if we had won?

Damn, go deep throat Cuban while your at it.

I can't be pissed that DUncan was ejected for a stupid reason?

Oh, wait a minute, I don't need your freakin permission.

Findog
04-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Spurs lost at home to Charlotte and Boston. Does that mean those teams would handle the Spurs in a seven-game series? We beat u guys just fine with Duncan participating in the playoffs and twice this season.

DubMcDub
04-15-2007, 06:18 PM

I don't believe I've ever posted a "what if" about that series. Unlike you, I am capable of understanding that it doesn't matter what might have happened IF. It matters what DID happen.

I guess the Mavs will have to settle for being 66-14 ont he year while the Spurs are 58-21-1 "what if". :toast

Doug Collins
04-15-2007, 06:19 PM
Fuck you Doug Collins!

Oh well, at least my suspicions were right about Devin Harris and Jerry Shithouse. Those are the two we really need to be concerned about.

I think they need to give Diop some oxygen after playing 40 some-odd minutes.

What are you, on your period? Get this man some cranberry juice.

angryllama
04-15-2007, 06:20 PM
I like the win.

The Mavs had absolutely zilch to play for, and still won a game that the Spurs could have really used.

If nothing else, it could contribute to the standing mental edge that the Mavs have had since game 7.

Doug Collins
04-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Damn, go deep throat Cuban while your at it.

I can't be pissed that DUncan was ejected for a stupid reason?

Oh, wait a minute, I don't need your freakin permission.

Be pissed that he was ejected. I was pissed that he was ejected. But starting "we would've won threads" is fuckin' lame.

DarrinS
04-15-2007, 06:22 PM
What are you, on your period? Get this man some cranberry juice.

Damn. The Mavs fans are more original and entertaining that you.

Hint for the mentally challenged: Original post meant for Mavs fans.

DarrinS
04-15-2007, 06:23 PM
I like the win.

The Mavs had absolutely zilch to play for, and still won a game that the Spurs could have really used.

If nothing else, it could contribute to the standing mental edge that the Mavs have had since game 7.

This was actually an intelligent response to my question. THank you.

samikeyp
04-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Why not be proud? A win is a win. If the Spurs won...I would be happy as hell.

DarrinS
04-15-2007, 06:27 PM
Why not be proud? A win is a win. If the Spurs won...I would be happy as hell.

I don't know about you, but a win over Dallas without their "Super Star" just wouldn't be the same.

I feel good that the unit that was in there was still going toe-to-toe with Mavs starters.

BigBinBigD
04-15-2007, 06:33 PM
You guys really think the Mavs wanted this as badly as the Spurs? SA was fighting like hell to get the 2 seed, Mavs just for pride. Good fucking grief. OK, Spurs win if Duncan plays (hypothetically). BFD

samikeyp
04-15-2007, 06:34 PM
I don't know about you, but a win over Dallas without their "Super Star" just wouldn't be the same.

I feel good that the unit that was in there was still going toe-to-toe with Mavs starters.

and that's cool. Speaking for me, and just me, I like any and all wins. I don't expect mercy for not having the superstar in the game nor do I give any.

samikeyp
04-15-2007, 06:34 PM
You guys really think the Mavs wanted this as badly as the Spurs?

Actually its pretty apparent that we don't think that.

ponky
04-15-2007, 06:38 PM
i feel good about the way diop and harris played. i know diop sucks on offense but it's good to see that he's becoming a lot more aggressive and careful with his defensive game. it was also very nice to see harris continue to drive to the lane against the spurs like it's wide open. terry sucked, it would've been nice to have damp in the game and i still don't like that our free throw shooting sucked. other than that, i'd say i'm happy with the win...a win is a win, just like i'm sure the spurs were thrilled as hell to get that win back in 2003 wcf against the mavs without dirk.

i should add, if you're asking because of the duncan ejection, it was a fucked up ejection, joey crawford was wrong. BUT duncan was dumb for trying to laugh it up and mock crawford because everyone knows crawford has the biggest god complex in the league...he ejected don nelson a couple of years ago for just staring at him. the ejection also doesn't explain why the spurs missed nine straight shots in the fourth and went six and half minutes without a field goal in the fourth.

cornbread
04-15-2007, 06:42 PM
A win is a win. They should feel good about it. Of course I'm disappointed that Tim got ejected in an unprecendented fashion, but the Mavs still won the game. Props.

nkdlunch
04-15-2007, 06:51 PM
LOL avery promised < 26 mins for mav starters LOL

SPARKY
04-15-2007, 06:52 PM
:yawn

Playoffs start next weekend, right?

ponky
04-15-2007, 06:56 PM
LOL avery promised < 26 mins for mav starters LOL

mind games bitch, lol at believing everything you hear...public doesn't need to know what his strategy will be for any given game

lurker
04-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Because I'm sure if things were the other way around, Spurs fans wouldn't be happy with the win and they wouldn't have laughed if it was Dirk who got ejected.

DubMcDub
04-15-2007, 06:57 PM

You mean like Games 4, 5, 6, and part of Game 3 in the 2003 WCF when the Mavs didn't have Dirk?

Tell you what, you can put an asterisk on the Mavs win today if we can put an asterisk on your 2003 title. :lol

spursfan09
04-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Ofcourse they are happy. They hate us.
And lets drop the argument about 03. No matter who played, Spurs were better than the Mavs, and were gonna win it no matter what.

DubMcDub
04-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Ofcourse they are happy. They hate us.
And lets drop the argument about 03. No matter who played, Spurs were better than the Mavs, and were gonna win it no matter what.

"Then let's just drop the argument about tonight. No matter who played, the Mavs were better than the Spurs, and were gonna win it no matter what."

...wow, see how easy that was? And my claim is JUST as valid as yours. Shocking.

exstatic
04-15-2007, 07:08 PM
You mean like Games 4, 5, 6, and part of Game 3 in the 2003 WCF when the Mavs didn't have Dirk?

Tell you what, you can put an asterisk on the Mavs win today if we can put an asterisk on your 2003 title. :lol
Mavs played better without him. It wasn't even a series to that point.

DubMcDub
04-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Mavs played better without him. It wasn't even a series to that point.

...it was 1-1. :lol

CharlieMac
04-15-2007, 07:11 PM
That's a straight up embarrassing win.

Mavs fan will call it "Mav-tastic" or some lame shit like that tomorrow.

ponky
04-15-2007, 07:19 PM
That's a straight up embarrassing win.

Mavs fan will call it "Mav-tastic" or some lame shit like that tomorrow.

mavs did nothing embarrassing in that win, spurs lost an eight point lead over the mavs before duncan got ejected and harris' drives to the basketb were far from embarrassing...anyway, i'm done with the smack, i'll just sit back and lurk for awhile, enjoying the meltdown over one meaningless game

CharlieMac
04-15-2007, 07:22 PM
mavs did nothing embarrassing in that win, spurs lost an eight point lead over the mavs before duncan got ejected and harris' drives to the basketb were far from embarrassing...anyway, i'm done with the smack, i'll just sit back and lurk for awhile, enjoying the meltdown over one meaningless game

Yeah, we all know how Duncan tends to not take over games.

There's no melt down though. It's a regular season loss. They come and go and are forgotten pretty quickly. It's not like we lost a 3-1 lead in the WC semis or lost in the NBA Finals.

Kori Ellis
04-15-2007, 07:23 PM
... the meltdown over one meaningless game

If the Spurs lose to the Suns in game 7 without homecourt, then it won't be so fucking meaningless.

Dirk Nowitzki
04-15-2007, 07:28 PM
If the Spurs lose to the Suns in game 7 without homecourt, then it won't be so fucking meaningless.

HCA is overrated. Great teams can win anywhere. HCA wont do a god damn thing. Health and execution will.

ponky
04-15-2007, 07:32 PM

this is true but i just don't see the suns getting past the spurs IF the spurs continue to stick to their game and play their great defense...i hate the mavs/suns matchups because the mavs forget about defense and decide to run like jackrabbits with the suns, and they usually get burned. spurs don't seem to fall for that, at least with the suns, they do sometimes with the mavs. i just meant *meaningless* in the sense that both teams could walk away with an assessment of how their guys are doing but it doesn't mean much if the mavs/spurs match up in the wcf, they both looked pretty evenly matched up. also, i didn't really see the spurs catching up to the suns with the seeding. with the way d'antoni kept all his starters in the game against utah despite being up 25 points in the fourth quarter, he's not looking to rest/drop games at all.

dallasmavsnfuego214
04-15-2007, 07:57 PM
im happy cause i know it eliminates the chance of SA getting the #2 seed and this game meant a lot to them

aaronstampler
04-15-2007, 08:00 PM
Avery didn't play his guys like it was a meaningless game.

unknown09
04-15-2007, 08:22 PM
new year and the playoffs haven't started ....its true with duncan spurs win and mavs fans head to mark cubans gay den

dieman8686
04-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Avery didn't play his guys like it was a meaningless game.
Did you hear Parker? "It's good practice" for the playoffs.

DampierAmGod
04-15-2007, 09:51 PM

Uh... what starters were you missing besides Duncan for the second half? We were without Damp the entire game. So you had 1 start missing against our 1 starter missing. You talk as if we played every starter extra minutes while the Spurs brought out a practice squad.

On topic, why wouldn't we feel good about a win over our rival? Not only did we come back from a late deficit and play good defense but we knocked the Spurs out of contention for the #2 spot. Enjoy going to Phoenix in round 2 :p:

T Park
04-15-2007, 10:06 PM
Uh... what starters were you missing besides Duncan for the second half? We were without Damp the entire game. So you had 1 start missing against our 1 starter missing. You talk as if we played every starter extra minutes while the Spurs brought out a practice squad.

congrats you got put in the mental retardation ward for that.

DampierAmGod
04-15-2007, 10:12 PM
congrats you got put in the mental retardation ward for that.

Since you're apparently a genius, maybe you can answer that reply. How many starters did the Spurs rest? Oh wait I already know... none.

coopdogg3
04-15-2007, 11:46 PM

On topic, why wouldn't we feel good about a win over our rival? Not only did we come back from a late deficit and play good defense but we knocked the Spurs out of contention for the #2 spot. Enjoy going to Phoenix in round 2 :p:

Dude, are you seriously putting Damp and Duncan in the same sentence? Like comparing Oberto to Dirk.

spursfan09
04-15-2007, 11:49 PM
OFcourse they are glad, they hate all things Spurs.

slayermin
04-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Spurs had some bad turnovers that led to easy baskets for the Mavs. We have to minimize those type of errors and make sure they run their halfcourt offense as much as possible. Our defense looked great in several stretches today.

The turnovers are easily fixable. Losing the greatest PF to ever play with a six point lead is not.

DubMcDub
04-16-2007, 01:49 AM
Dude, are you seriously putting Damp and Duncan in the same sentence? Like comparing Oberto to Dirk.

He's putting them in the same sentence because they context they exist in is the same in a sense. They're both starters, they're both a part of the ebb and flow of the game.

Duncan is 3x the player Damp is, but his point is absolutely correct--the Mavs were missing their starting center for the entire game. I think that missing him for the whole game is at least reasonably equivalent to missing Duncan for one quarter.

DampierAmGod
04-16-2007, 02:15 AM

Yea except that I am not comparing the skills of the players, only the fact that they are both starters and both missed the game or a third of the game or whatever.

dav4463
04-16-2007, 04:43 AM
It was the turning point of the game when Tim got tossed and everybody knows it except brainwashed maverick fans. I just hope it gets the Spurs fired up and they play with some anger and passion in the playoffs. I also would love to see the Warriors get that 8th seed and then pull off the upset in Round 1....it would be Don Nelson's revenge.

Findog
04-16-2007, 06:00 AM
I wouldn't.

There's no doubt in my mind that Spurs win with Tim.

It's a little embarrassing that Avery chose to play Dirk so many minutes against Oberto.

Yeah, you guys were taking us to the woodshed and were up 30 when Duncan got ejected. And coming into the game, it's not like we had won 3 out of the last 4 against you guys with Duncan having played 40+ minutes in all of them.

Once again, Avery is just one step ahead of Pop -- instead of resting guys and playing the scrubs like he had announced, he used this game to evaluate the Spurs without your coaching staff and players being aware. And what did Avery learn? Your transition D still sucks, and you exhibited the same mental lapses and weaknesses that cost you the series last May.

Pop plays checkers, Avery plays chess.

ponky
04-16-2007, 06:06 AM
Yeah, you guys were taking us to the woodshed and were up 30 when Duncan got ejected. And coming into the game, it's not like we had won 3 out of the last 4 against you guys with Duncan having played 40+ minutes in all of them.

Once again, Avery is just one step ahead of Pop -- instead of resting guys and playing the scrubs like he had announced, he used this game to evaluate the Spurs without your coaching staff and players being aware. And what did Avery learn? Your transition D still sucks, and you exhibited the same mental lapses and weaknesses that cost you the series last May.

:lmao

slayermin
04-16-2007, 06:12 AM
And what did Avery learn? Your transition D still sucks, and you exhibited the same mental lapses and weaknesses that cost you the series last May.

The transition baskets came off of some horrible passes. It made us look bad in transition but I disagree that it means our transition defense sucks. Far from it because it looked damn good against Phoenix last week. I'm not a coach but I would think you measure transition defense after missed shots. If you're more careful with the ball, you can eliminate the type of stuff we saw today.

johngateswhiteley
04-16-2007, 06:26 AM

i have to admit, i do like this post. impressive, especially for mav fan.

greensborohill
04-16-2007, 07:15 AM
I think the most impressive thing about it was holding a championship caliber team, regardless of who was out on the floor, to 10 4th quarter points.

Findog
04-16-2007, 07:31 AM
The transition baskets came off of some horrible passes. It made us look bad in transition but I disagree that it means our transition defense sucks. Far from it because it looked damn good against Phoenix last week. I'm not a coach but I would think you measure transition defense after missed shots. If you're more careful with the ball, you can eliminate the type of stuff we saw today.

Well, any series between these two teams is going 6-7 games and it could easily come down to a lucky bounce of the ball for the eventual winner. Damp/Diop defend TD as well as anybody, which is to say, not very well, but there are certain things we don't have an answer for and there are certain things you guys can't do anything about.

As for Phoenix, I think San Antonio is just their kryptonite. They have the two things you absolutely need to slow a team like that down -- a post player that can dominate on both ends of the court, and a lightning-quick point guard that can match Nash's contributions bucket for bucket, assist for assist. Dallas has neither -- we can win the rebounding battle against Phoenix but we don't have enough strong post play to really pound and punish them -- Dirk CAN go down on the low blocks but it takes away from the versatility of his game to park him there for 40 minutes. Damp/Diop are just not good offensive players.

A Suns win isn't out of the question, I think they'll take two games from San Antonio simply because their shots will be falling and they'll hit 60%+ from the floor. But they absolutely HAVE to shoot over 60% to win, and while that's not a problem against Charlotte, Portland or Boston, I don't see them doing it four out of seven times against the Spurs. We will see.

Tbiggums
04-16-2007, 07:41 AM
i feel good about the way diop and harris played. i know diop sucks on offense but it's good to see that he's becoming a lot more aggressive and careful with his defensive game. it was also very nice to see harris continue to drive to the lane against the spurs like it's wide open. terry sucked, it would've been nice to have damp in the game and i still don't like that our free throw shooting sucked. other than that, i'd say i'm happy with the win...a win is a win, just like i'm sure the spurs were thrilled as hell to get that win back in 2003 wcf against the mavs without dirk.

i should add, if you're asking because of the duncan ejection, it was a fucked up ejection, joey crawford was wrong. BUT duncan was dumb for trying to laugh it up and mock crawford because everyone knows crawford has the biggest god complex in the league...he ejected don nelson a couple of years ago for just staring at him. the ejection also doesn't explain why the spurs missed nine straight shots in the fourth and went six and half minutes without a field goal in the fourth.

Agreed. You should feel good about this win. I know Spurs fans would. I would have once liked to see how the teams measured up without any controversy. It is always something dramatic that swings the momentum. :downspin:

DampierAmGod
04-16-2007, 07:57 AM
It was the turning point of the game when Tim got tossed and everybody knows it except brainwashed maverick fans. I just hope it gets the Spurs fired up and they play with some anger and passion in the playoffs. I also would love to see the Warriors get that 8th seed and then pull off the upset in Round 1....it would be Don Nelson's revenge.

The Mavs were already on a run when Duncan got hurt, and he was on the freakin bench when he got tossed.

Why would Don Nelson get "revenge"? He is the one who quit on the team, extorted money from Cuban to be paid off and came back into the league solely to make more money. It's not like he was run out of town.

LEONARD
04-16-2007, 09:23 AM
Absolutely...because a loss would've sucked since both teams played to win...

Duncan getting owned was worth the price of admission... :lol

DarrinS
04-16-2007, 09:34 AM
mind games bitch, lol at believing everything you hear...public doesn't need to know what his strategy will be for any given game

I don't know if Avery gave his team any psychological edge by playing Dirk, Terry, and Howard over 30 minutes to beat a Tim-less Spurs.

Dirk and Howard played 37 minutes! Yikes. :clap

nkdlunch
04-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Absolutely...because a loss would've sucked since both teams played to win...

Duncan getting owned was worth the price of admission... :lol

Duncan will laugh last, since it look Crawford will not get any important playoff games ever again. :clap

monosylab1k
04-16-2007, 09:38 AM
Yea except that I am not comparing the skills of the players, only the fact that they are both starters and both missed the game or a third of the game or whatever.

One might argue that not having Dampier was an upgrade for the Mavericks.

DarrinS
04-16-2007, 09:40 AM
HCA is overrated. Great teams can win anywhere. HCA wont do a god damn thing. Health and execution will.

Should I do it? Should I?

No. Too easy.

41times
04-16-2007, 09:41 AM
This game did nothing but prove that these two teams are still pretty even and when they play in the WCF's it will be another 7 good games just like Sunday's was.

The difference now is that the Mavs have speed in Harris and a very good defense and a coach who was cut from the same mold as Pop.

And just like the game Sunday and 2 others this year and 11 last year the Mavs have a slight edge and the home court advantage.

Other than that the game was simply a tune up for what's to come and I can't Wait!

DarrinS
04-16-2007, 09:45 AM

I agree with that. Diop plays better D than Damp. By the way, give that man some freakin water. He has to sweat more than any player i've ever seen.

I also think Harris might be an upgrade over Jet. Jet needs to play better if he wants to keep his starting job.

LEONARD
04-16-2007, 09:50 AM
I also think Harris might be an upgrade over Jet. Jet needs to play better if he wants to keep his starting job.

:dizzy

Jet won't be losing his starting job...Bowen was open him, which opened it up for others...

Jet will be fine...

Duncan will laugh last, since it look Crawford will not get any important playoff games ever again. :clap

Fine by me...he sucks ass...

monosylab1k
04-16-2007, 09:53 AM
I agree with that. Diop plays better D than Damp. By the way, give that man some freakin water. He has to sweat more than any player i've ever seen.

Yeah I guess his conditioning still isn't good enough for him to play big minutes all the time....but I'll take Diop over Dampier any time.

anonymous source
04-16-2007, 09:54 AM
I Think I Figured Out Why All Of A Sudeen All These Mavs Fans Are Online Here And Why They Played There Starters When They Did. It Easy, Because They Needed Something To Brag About Because The Truth Is They Dont Have Anything To Brag About, What Have They Ever Done In There History Choke 2 Games Up In The Finals, Win A Championship Oh Never Mind Never Been Done By Them. Most Of All They Want What They'E Never Done Before But We've DONE 2 TIMES Before. Oh Sorry I Mean Three Times!

LEONARD
04-16-2007, 09:56 AM
I Think I Figured Out Why All Of A Sudeen All These Mavs Fans Are Online Here And Why They Played There Starters When They Did. It Easy, Because They Needed Something To Brag About Because The Truth Is They Dont Have Anything To Brag About, What Have They Ever Done In There History Choke 2 Games Up In The Finals, Win A Championship Oh Never Mind Never Been Done By Them. Most Of All They Want What They'E Never Done Before But We've DONE 2 TIMES Before. Oh Sorry I Mean Three Times!

Why Do You Capitalize Every Fucking Word?? :lol :lol

anonymous source
04-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Thats Your Come Back Wow!

LEONARD
04-16-2007, 10:01 AM
Thats Your Come Back Wow!

My Other Option Was To Say:

"Wow, Good Point. That Hasn't Been Said Here About 50,000 Times This Season, And Every Other Season For The Past Few Years (IE, When In Doubt, Point to # Of Rings!). Mavs Fans Have Been Here All Along And Avery Obviously Decided To Make This Their Dressed Rehearsal And The Spurs Played Right Along With Them. The Mavs Fans Didn't Make That Decision" :lol

Now Why Do You Capitalize Every Fucking Word?? :lol

anonymous source
04-16-2007, 10:06 AM
Like I Said Thats Your Come Back Wow! Maybe Next Year You'll Have Something Else To Talk About, Or Not!

LEONARD
04-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Like I Said Thats Your Come Back Wow! Maybe Next Year You'll Have Something Else To Talk About, Or Not!

Are you fucking blind dude? I typed my "comeback" if I had cared to address anything other than you're idiotic typing style... :lol

anonymous source
04-16-2007, 10:16 AM
YOUR THE IDIOT WHO HAS NOTHING TO SAY SO ALL YOU CAN KEEP TALKING ABOUT IS TYPING. VERY GOOD, I'M IMPRESSED! :reading LOOK IN HERE FOR SOME HELP!

anonymous source
04-16-2007, 10:19 AM
:blah :spin :spin :spin :spin :spin

Shank
04-16-2007, 10:21 AM
Leonard - you're arguing with a retard. Time to move on...

LEONARD
04-16-2007, 10:23 AM
YOUR THE IDIOT WHO HAS NOTHING TO SAY SO ALL YOU CAN KEEP TALKING ABOUT IS TYPING. VERY GOOD, I'M IMPRESSED! :reading LOOK IN HERE FOR SOME HELP!

I addressed your comments...

"Wow, Good Point. That Hasn't Been Said Here About 50,000 Times This Season, And Every Other Season For The Past Few Years (IE, When In Doubt, Point to # Of Rings!). Mavs Fans Have Been Here All Along And Avery Obviously Decided To Make This Their Dressed Rehearsal And The Spurs Played Right Along With Them. The Mavs Fans Didn't Make That Decision" :lol

:dizzy

Leonard - you're arguing with a retard. Time to move on...

:fro

DampierAmGod
04-16-2007, 10:27 AM

Damp is a better rebounder and a far superior offensive player. Diop is more athletic and can block shots but when they are both going up against Duncan, neither of them will defend him well so might as well have to guy who can rebound and maybe make Duncan work a little on the opposite end.

mabber
04-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Damp is a better rebounder and a far superior offensive player. Diop is more athletic and can block shots but when they are both going up against Duncan, neither of them will defend him well so might as well have to guy who can rebound and maybe make Duncan work a little on the opposite end.

Good analysis of the differences between Damp & Diop. The Mavs would have definitely won the rebounding battle if Damp had played. Damp & Diop really just compliment each other well as they do different things well. The offensive boards that Damp gets are invaluable and were definitely missed yesterday. I think Diop plays Duncan slightly better on defense than Damp does though. It was probably good for Diop to play more minutes than he's used to yesterday.

Dirk Nowitzki
04-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Assuming the Spurs make it there? You have to make it there too, jackass.

Mavs will be in the WCF. Warriors/Rockets we will take. You have the Nuggets then the Suns. Neither team is good enough to eliminate us in a series while the Suns are capable of taking down the Spurs.

mardigan
04-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Mavs will be in the WCF. Warriors/Rockets we will take. You have the Nuggets then the Suns. Neither team is good enough to eliminate us in a series while the Suns are capable of taking down the Spurs.
Of course you think that. I love how the mavs can beat all no questions asked but the Spurs will struggle against a team we have owned the last 3 years

Dirk Nowitzki
04-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Of course you think that. I love how the mavs can beat all no questions asked but the Spurs will struggle against a team we have owned the last 3 years

This isnt 2005 and last year they were depleted in the front court. You wont beat them in 4-5 games this year. 6-7 is the range it will go. The Suns are for fucking real so dont act like it is going to be as easy as 2005. Last meeting, the Suns played the Spurs game for all 48 minutes and managed to stay in the game the whole way. They also didnt even allow 100 points. IMO that says alot about them. The Suns are a legit threat and also the team who stands the best chance of giving the Mavs a serious run for their money.

Hoopy Dunkalot
04-16-2007, 05:52 PM
4 pages later and not feeling the need to read it all - so forgive if I repeat...

Yes and No.

Yes:
A win is a win...but let's face it...neither of us gave a damn about the outcome. The game was meaningless other than a chest thump for the fans.

Besides...your boy Timmy got some extra rest. What are you complaining about?

No:
If the game wasn't meaningless then I as a fan of basketball am pissed off. I want my superstars out on the floor in nationally televised games for all 48 minutes. Gladiator battles. I would be happy with the W, but would have been reserved about it.

If this meant positioning - I would have hated coming over here to gloat.
But since it doesn't mean anything...neener neener neener. :lmao

More thoughts...

Don't think David Stern didn't sh*t himself when he saw it happen. He thought about the call from the CEOs of Budweiser and Nike on Monday morning wanting to know why his top official tossed a moneymaker out with 45 minutes of commercial time left. My guess is Mrs. Stern won't be sending a delicious Fruit Cake to Mrs. Crawford this year.

Funny - I see guys at the end of every bench busting up over everything that happens - including calls. The 10 through 14 spots on a roster are so invisible that the refs certainly wouldn't know to toss 'em for laughing. What would be point?

I think Crawford was sending a message to all the playoff contestants that they plan to pull the same testy crap they did last year in the Playoffs and early this year.

Hooray for basketball. :flipoff

Nashfan
04-16-2007, 06:29 PM
This isnt 2005 and last year they were depleted in the front court. You wont beat them in 4-5 games this year. 6-7 is the range it will go. The Suns are for fucking real so dont act like it is going to be as easy as 2005. Last meeting, the Suns played the Spurs game for all 48 minutes and managed to stay in the game the whole way. They also didnt even allow 100 points. IMO that says alot about them. The Suns are a legit threat and also the team who stands the best chance of giving the Mavs a serious run for their money.

Hey, a smart Mavs fan. :clap