PDA

View Full Version : Worst ejection in league history?

tlongII
04-15-2007, 06:27 PM
As an unbiased Blazer fan I have to say that one was pretty bad. The replays clearly showed that Duncan didn't say anything to Crawford. He was merely laughing. What's the worst ejection you've ever seen?

#1) Trail Blazers radio color analyst Mike Rice was ejected from a game by Steve Javie. Top that!

BruceBowenFan
04-15-2007, 06:27 PM
can't top but that was a bone head ejection though

exstatic
04-15-2007, 06:28 PM
Uh, Dick Bavetta once ejected the Coyote. :lol

missmyzte
Don't forget when the Spurs mascot was ejected last year (or was it the year before?) I was at the game, just don't remember when it was.

Sec24Row7
Spurs Coyote ejected and called "The Wolf"

kskonn
As an unbiased Blazer fan I have to say that one was pretty bad. The replays clearly showed that Duncan didn't say anything to Crawford. He was merely laughing. What's the worst ejection you've ever seen?

#1) Trail Blazers radio color analyst Mike Rice was ejected from a game by Steve Javie. Top that!

Spurs Coyote was ejected from a game once. The funniest part of the ejection was the ref who was doing the ejection yelled get that wolf out of here. Luckily the coyote realized the situation and did not try to hang around since he was not a wolf.

samikeyp
duncans been getting away with that for years

Laughing?

missmyzte
Uh, Dick Bavetta once ejected the Coyote. :lolYou beat me to it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-15-2007, 06:29 PM
1. Spurs Coyote
2. Today
3. Heard about the ref thing you mention, that's gotta be up there.

T Park
"The wolfs outta here" :lmao

braeden0613
it wasnt bavetta...cant remember that refs name

ChumpDumper
duncans been getting away with that for yearsI agree. I've seen Duncan laughing during almost every game I've ever seen. It's time this reckless and dangerous behavior was stopped.

jn77
04-15-2007, 06:30 PM

Who didn't see that coming :fro :idiot

Duncan's got away with what...Laughing? Pull your head out of your ass.

tlongII
04-15-2007, 06:32 PM
The coyote getting tossed might top the Mike Rice ejection. :lol

It's pretty close though. I've never heard of a radio announcer getting thrown out either!

T Park
:lmao

Good old mavs fan.

The stupidity is topped numerous times a day.

samikeyp
ya, there has to be a point where you say, ok, thats enough.

I agree but give a warning...then pull the trigger.

Ginofan
04-15-2007, 06:35 PM
it wasnt bavetta...cant remember that refs name

I thought it was Kersey....

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-15-2007, 06:35 PM

I know, grown men laughing at a play during a kid's game. What the fuck is wrong with these guys? Bunch of superstar prima donnas.

:rolleyes

I mean laughing about a call? What the fuck is wrong with Duncan. Real men kick exercise bikes in hallways.

Doug Collins
04-15-2007, 06:37 PM
I know, grown men laughing at a play during a kid's game. What the fuck is wrong with these guys? Bunch of superstar prima donnas.

I mean laughing about a call? What the fuck is wrong with Duncan. Real men kick exercise bikes in hallways.

That might go over his head

LilMissSPURfect
04-15-2007, 06:40 PM
I agree. I've seen Duncan laughing during almost every game I've ever seen. It's time this reckless and dangerous behavior was stopped.
.. :makemyday :flag: :makemyday :flag: :makemyday :flag: :makemyday :flag:

FromWayDowntown
04-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Ron Garretson's T on Rasheed Wallace during the 2000 WCF for looking at him remains another epic.

exstatic
04-15-2007, 06:42 PM
Well, it was one of "The Depends guys". :lol

SpurCapita
04-15-2007, 06:59 PM

I think you need to apply this logic to your posting habits.

ShoogarBear
04-15-2007, 07:00 PM
I remember the game where DRob got ejected in Portland, and then a fired-up Timmy led a come-from-behind ass-kicking.

:p:

Dave McNulla
04-15-2007, 07:01 PM
laughing on the bench? i'm surprised the league has let it go on for so long.

spursfan09
04-15-2007, 07:01 PM

Yeah Tim has been laughing for so long!!! Its about time someone showed him its unacceptable to laugh on the bench.

Guru of Nothing
04-15-2007, 07:04 PM
I agree. I've seen Duncan laughing during almost every game I've ever seen. It's time this reckless and dangerous behavior was stopped.

Down with Gangsta Lafta!

SPARKY
04-15-2007, 07:06 PM
First it was no jeans, now it's no laughing...what's next?

E20
04-15-2007, 07:06 PM

OWNEEEEEEEEEED

himat
04-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Rasheed got T'd up for laughing once. At least he was on the court though. Duncan was sitting on the bench.

CharlieMac
04-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Get that wolf out of here was great.

Buddy Holly
04-15-2007, 07:10 PM
It's pretty close though. I've never heard of a radio announcer getting thrown out either!

The Celticscolor guy got thrown out once. Tommy something I think.

Sean Elliott, last season, almost got thrown out once for yelling at the ref for some bad call.

Summers
04-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Down with Gangsta Lafta!

:lol Duncan's trying to build up his street cred since he's been starring in rap videos and stuff.

nkdlunch
04-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Duncan proves this league is a thug league. this must be stopped. Crawford is Godsent

bigfish22
04-15-2007, 07:26 PM
2nd worst ejection in league history.

#1. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar thrown out by Mickey Gordon, 1995

http://www.seeing-stars.com/Images/ScenesFromMovies/ForgetParisCrowd.jpg

Mickey: You're out of here, Jabbar!
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Are you nuts? It's my farewell game.
Mickey: Well then, let me be the first to say farewell.

Fernando TD21
04-15-2007, 07:48 PM
I didn't follow the game, I'm reading the recap only now and I can't believe this really happened. WTF happened in there? Tim was ejected for laughing? Why? Did he LOL too hard?

braeden0613
04-15-2007, 07:51 PM
yeah there ya go jess kersey

tlongII
04-15-2007, 08:24 PM
I remember the game where DRob got ejected in Portland, and then a fired-up Timmy led a come-from-behind ass-kicking.

:p:

I have no recollection of that.

tlongII
04-15-2007, 08:26 PM
2nd worst ejection in league history.

#1. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar thrown out by Mickey Gordon, 1995

http://www.seeing-stars.com/Images/ScenesFromMovies/ForgetParisCrowd.jpg

Kareem wasn't in the league in 95.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-15-2007, 08:33 PM
Kareem wasn't in the league in 95.

Neither was Billy Crystal.

tlongII
04-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Neither was Billy Crystal.

Was he referring to a movie?

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Was he referring to a movie?

http://imdb.com/title/tt0113097/

tlongII
04-15-2007, 08:53 PM
http://imdb.com/title/tt0113097/

I need to watch more movies.

judaspriestess
04-15-2007, 08:56 PM

LOL, good one!!

missmyzte
04-15-2007, 09:34 PM
I need to watch more movies.
You haven't seen Forget Paris? Great movie! Love when the bird gets stuck in her hair.

tlongII
04-15-2007, 09:39 PM
You haven't seen Forget Paris? Great movie! Love when the bird gets stuck in her hair.

Nope. Never seen it.

tlongII
04-15-2007, 09:40 PM
Forget Paris is the kind of name I would associate with a "chick flick." That would explain why I've never seen it.

ShoogarBear
04-15-2007, 09:40 PM
Second the recommendation for Forget Paris.

Although I don't think there are any Blazers in it.

tlongII
04-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Second the recommendation for Forget Paris.

Although I don't think there are any Blazers in it.

Not even Darius Miles?

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-15-2007, 09:52 PM
Not even Darius Miles?

The name of the movie is "Forget Paris," not "Forget To Shut The Fuck Up."

Pistons < Spurs
04-15-2007, 09:54 PM
Sheed proved long ago that laughing was an offense worthy of a Tech!!!

Kori Ellis
04-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Yeah but he's Rasheed. :lol

Anyway, the Coyote getting tossed is right up there with this.

LilMissSPURfect
04-15-2007, 09:57 PM

:drunk

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/gulygeek/r2884998388.jpg

DampierAmGod
04-15-2007, 10:00 PM

He was laughing at the call and being overly obvious about it. Really, he was being a child. It doesn't matter that he wasn't looking at Crawford when he did it, it's still the job of the ref to keep order. In the last Phoenix game I believe it was, after Dirk rolled his ankle and went to the bench he made a comment about the refs to a teammate and one of the refs heard him and T'd him up. If that had been his second T in that game... would that be a dumb ejection? Of course not. Duncan knew exactly what he was doing and probably should have been more careful with one technical already assessed to him.

LakerLanny
04-15-2007, 10:01 PM
Kobe's two suspensions for plays where no fouls were even called are way worse.

Duncan at least got his money's worth, Kobe just got hosed.

tlongII
04-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Kobe's two suspensions for plays where no fouls were even called are way worse.

Duncan at least got his money's worth, Kobe just got hosed.

Doesn't count. Those weren't ejections.

tlongII
04-15-2007, 10:06 PM
He was laughing at the call and being overly obvious about it. Really, he was being a child. It doesn't matter that he wasn't looking at Crawford when he did it, it's still the job of the ref to keep order. In the last Phoenix game I believe it was, after Dirk rolled his ankle and went to the bench he made a comment about the refs to a teammate and one of the refs heard him and T'd him up. If that had been his second T in that game... would that be a dumb ejection? Of course not. Duncan knew exactly what he was doing and probably should have been more careful with one technical already assessed to him.

Unbelievably idiotic post.

DampierAmGod
04-15-2007, 10:09 PM

Who to believe on the NBA rules... some moron Jailblazers fan on a message board or the NBA? That is a tough one.

THE SIXTH MAN
04-15-2007, 10:10 PM
Do you expect anything intelligent from a guy who has Dampier and God in his handle? :lol

ShoogarBear
04-15-2007, 10:10 PM
Unbelievably idiotic post.Did you miss this under the screen name:

Team: Dallas Mavericks
A comparison: Spur fans were here talking about how dumb the league was for suspending Kobe for hitting Manu.

Meanwhile, Mav Fan says punching a player in the nuts doesn't warrent a suspension, but laughing on the bench should get you thrown out of a game.

THE SIXTH MAN
04-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Who to believe on the NBA rules... some moron Jailblazers fan on a message board or the NBA? That is a tough one.
Show me the rule that laughing at refs results in a technical. :donkey

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-15-2007, 10:12 PM

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/gulygeek/r2884998388.jpg

:lol

I love that picture. The irony of it?

DampierAmGod
04-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Show me the rule that laughing at refs results in a technical. :donkey

From the NBA rulebook:

Section V--Conduct
a. An official may assess a technical foul, without prior warning, at any time. A technical foul(s) may be assessed to any player on the court or anyone seated on the bench for conduct which, in the opinion of an official, is detrimental to the game.

Wow, that took all of 5 seconds to look up.

ShoogarBear
04-15-2007, 10:15 PM

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/gulygeek/r2884998388.jpg"I'm not laughing WITH you . . . "

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-15-2007, 10:18 PM
Really, he was being a child.

Sincerely,

http://www.maverickisland.com/files/images/Dirk_Nowitzki_3.jpg + http://img.alibaba.com/photo/50372432/Exercise_Bike.jpg

THE SIXTH MAN
04-15-2007, 10:21 PM
From the NBA rulebook:

Wow, that took all of 5 seconds to look up.
OK baby Einstein, since when does laughing constitute as "conduct detrimental to the game"?

*awaits homer response*

LuvBones
04-15-2007, 10:22 PM
You can see Crawford telling Pop later "he knew what he was doing.."

WTF?! Yeah he knew he was laughing at your dumb ass call, Crawford. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiflipoff.gifSince when is that not allowed on the bench?

DampierAmGod
04-15-2007, 10:23 PM
Sincerely,

http://www.maverickisland.com/files/images/Dirk_Nowitzki_3.jpg + http://img.alibaba.com/photo/50372432/Exercise_Bike.jpg

You're comparing kicking over a bike on the way to the locker room out of frustration to laughing about a call on the bench in front of everyone like a little girl? And oh yea, if Dirk had gotten fined or something for that, I wouldn't have had a problem with it. Maybe he did get fined, idk. I remember last year he kicked the ball into the stands after the game and got fined and I agreed with that on the same principal. Very childish. I don't know why you are looking to try and make it out to be some double standard, I never said Duncan is the only player in the NBA who acts like a child at times.

LuvBones
04-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Oh i see... when it's detrimental to the game. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

wildbill2u
04-15-2007, 10:26 PM
I agree. I've seen Duncan laughing during almost every game I've ever seen. It's time this reckless and dangerous behavior was stopped.It wasn't only the laughing. That was bad enough--but he also clapped his hands. :clap

That type of rude and sarcastic behavior, mocking a referee of Bavetta's...er...Crawford's stature, simply can't be allowed.

Tim Duncan should probably be banned from the playoffs.:nope

LuvBones
04-15-2007, 10:27 PM
Crawford got paid to get Tim out of the game if that's really his lame ass excuse... he knew what he was doing?!?!

DampierAmGod
04-15-2007, 10:27 PM
OK baby Einstein, since when does laughing constitute as "conduct detrimental to the game"?

*awaits homer response*

Are you joking? Am I really supposed to justify this with a response other than laughter? :lol

THE SIXTH MAN
04-15-2007, 10:29 PM
Are you joking? Am I really supposed to justify this with a response other than laughter? :lol
pwned.

LuvBones
04-15-2007, 10:32 PM
Are you joking? Am I really supposed to justify this with a response other than laughter? :lolCan you please justify your stupidity?

ShoogarBear
04-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Are you joking? Am I really supposed to justify this with a response other than laughter? :lolLaughing is conduct detrimental to the game and this board.

efrem1
04-15-2007, 10:35 PM
detrimental to the game.

Detrimental to the game? That's a big catch all that would make a liberal Supreme Court Justice envious. :drunk

picnroll
04-15-2007, 10:35 PM
Dildo, if laughing at a call from the bench constitues a technical ther wouldn't be a single team in the league that could put five players on the floor at the end of the game. Be thankful breathing is a midbrain function, otherwise you'd suffocate.

THE SIXTH MAN
04-15-2007, 10:36 PM
Laughing is conduct detrimental to the game and this board.
Exactly, he should be banned. I mean the very thought of some one laughing. What has this world come too?

THE SIXTH MAN
04-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Dildo, if laughing at a call from the bench constitues a technical ther wouldn't be a single team in the league that could put five players on the floor at the end of the game. Be thankful breathing is a midbrain function, otherwise you'd suffocate.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-15-2007, 10:39 PM
You're comparing kicking over a bike on the way to the locker room out of frustration to laughing about a call on the bench in front of everyone like a little girl?

That was after he kicked a ball into the stands. That's not childish?

tlongII
04-15-2007, 10:51 PM
Section V--Conduct
a. An official may assess a technical foul, without prior warning, at any time. A technical foul(s) may be assessed to any player on the court or anyone seated on the bench for conduct which, in the opinion of an official, is detrimental to the game.

This rule needs to be re-written. It gives far too much latitude to the official.

ShoogarBear
04-15-2007, 10:54 PM
This rule needs to be re-written. It gives far too much latitude to the official.
Section V--Conduct
a. An official may assess a technical foul, without prior warning, at any time. A technical foul(s) may be assessed to any player on the court or anyone seated on the bench for conduct which, in the opinion of an official, is detrimental to the game. If Joey Crawford is trying to pull some Camera Time! shit, however, his opinion will be discounted.

Better?

bigfish22
04-15-2007, 11:05 PM
laughing about a call on the bench in front of everyone like a little girl?

So only little girls laugh?

Yo you obviously don't strike me as someone who actually plays ball. If you've ever taken any part in any kind of organized sport, then you more than likely have seen your share of bad calls. Sometimes all you do can laugh and ask the dude next to you on the bench "is he serious?" It's a natural male reaction in my opinion. I've even seen it done in bars and at Hooters.

Superman2001
04-15-2007, 11:39 PM

It's ridiculous that a referee should have such a significant impact on a game with playoff implications, especially when it's regarding a player that wasn't even in the game. I mean, two technical fouls within 40 seconds for a player on the bench? Absurd.

And so is your opinion, posted above. And I'm a Kings fan, by the way.

Roxsfan
04-15-2007, 11:42 PM
call was ridiculous, but it did help the roxs.

1Parker1
04-15-2007, 11:43 PM
call was ridiculous, but it did help the roxs.

How did it help the Rockets? :wtf

Roxsfan
04-15-2007, 11:56 PM
How did it help the Rockets? :wtf

With the Spurs losing*, the suns locked the 2 spot. The hope is that they will rest their starters/limit their minutes on Monday on the road against the roxs in the toyota center. This is the first time the roxs play the suns rested. All other games this season vs. the suns were on the 2nd night of a b2b and one game had tmac and yao out against them too. SO, if the roxs win or jizz lose one game the ROXS have HCA :elephant

*there is no doubt in my mind that with TD in there the spurs would have won and the suns would have brought their best stuff to H-town on Monday.

1Parker1
04-16-2007, 12:01 AM
With the Spurs losing*, the suns locked the 2 spot. The hope is that they will rest their starters/limit their minutes on Monday on the road against the roxs in the toyota center. This is the first time the roxs play the suns rested. All other games this season vs. the suns were on the 2nd night of a b2b and one game had tmac and yao out against them too. SO, if the roxs win or jizz lose one game the ROXS have HCA :elephant

*there is no doubt in my mind that with TD in there the spurs would have won and the suns would have brought their best stuff to H-town on Monday.

Ahhh, now I get it. You're probably right in that the Suns will now rest their starters against the Rockets, especially since the Rockets play physical I'm sure D Antoni doesn't want to risk his players getting injured. With the way the Jazz have been playing of late, I think the Rockets will definitely advance out of the first round this year.

Roxsfan
04-16-2007, 12:24 AM
hopefully so :smokin ^

xfycox
04-16-2007, 12:39 AM
Why was the mascot and the radio dude ejected?

lefty
04-16-2007, 12:43 AM
And I thought that Billy Crystal overreacting act could never happen :lol

http://www.beinamovie.com/movie-images/posterpage/ForgetParis11.jpg
http://www.beinamovie.com/movie-images/posterpage/ForgetParis7.jpg

lefty
04-16-2007, 12:48 AM
9500 posts ; congrats ; 10000 coming up

jmard5
04-16-2007, 12:56 AM
I mean laughing about a call? What the fuck is wrong with Duncan. Real men kick exercise bikes in hallways.[/QUOTE]

xfycox
04-16-2007, 12:59 AM
P.S I hate that fucking buck toothed Dirk

nowhereman523
04-16-2007, 01:23 AM
The name of the movie is "Forget Paris," not "Forget To Shut The Fuck Up."

LOL.

okay, seriously, mavs fans, there's no way you can be serious about this ejection being warranted. the guy was laughing on the bench. LAUGHING. ON THE BENCH.LAUGHING!. Crawford just wants a stage.

i too would like to hear more about this coyote.

DampierAmGod
04-16-2007, 02:23 AM
That was after he kicked a ball into the stands. That's not childish?

I like how you quote my post, cut off the part where I say what Dirk did WAS childish, then ask me if it was childish :lol

Also, all I am seeing from you Spurs fans tossing around insults and acting like Tim Duncan did today is this: :cry :cry

Have fun going on the road in round 2 :)

Obstructed_View
04-16-2007, 02:33 AM
I don't know. I've never seen an official just seem to go insane and abuse that latitude so badly. Ever. That was so fucked up you probably aren't likely to see it in the league ever again. Crawford's going to get rung up by the league, and if he survives it, he'll probably be kept away from meaningful Spurs games for the remainder of his career.

Taco
04-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Spurs Coyote ejected and called "The Wolf"

I think it was Crawford who ejected the "Wolf" as well :lol

LEONARD
04-16-2007, 09:32 AM
Can't show up the ref's...Duncan knows that. Staring him down and then laughing is showing him up...

LilMissSPURfect
04-16-2007, 09:36 AM

Spurs will deal and have "handled" the hands that were dealt quite nicely before!

i believe the SPURS burned the suns whom had homecourt throughout the playoffs a couple of years ago

:flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag: :flag:

nkdlunch
04-16-2007, 09:37 AM

have fun in your 7 games in round 1

LilMissSPURfect
04-16-2007, 09:37 AM
Can't show up the ref's...Duncan knows that. Staring him down and then laughing is showing him up...

was he supposed to turn his chair around and get involved with fans then? or like tim said put his head between his legs so joey won't be able to read his lips and mind......

TurkishTimDuncan
04-16-2007, 09:46 AM
this is unfair. Duncan doesnt deserve this. I dont understand what do you think he ejected.

Dont afraid . Spurs will be champions

tlongII
04-16-2007, 10:16 AM
I'm not sure anybody can top Steve Javie though...

Controversy
Javie has been involved in publicized incidents throughout his NBA career. Here are some of the more notable events:

A 1991 regular season game between the Portland Trailblazers and Washington Bullets saw Steve eject the Bullets' mascot from the game.
In a 1994 NBA game, Portland Trailblazers radio analyst, Mike Rice, was ejected by Javie in a game for disputing calls from his broadcast position. Rice was escorted to the locker room area by arena security.
In 1999, Steve was the first of 10 NBA referees under investigation of tax evasion to be acquitted of charges. These charges stemmed from falsely stating income on tax forms as the result of downgrading airline tickets provided by the league.
During the 2002-03 NBA season, Javie was fined $1,000 by the league for a verbal altercation with Pat Riley, then head coach of the Miami Heat. Allegedly, in a Miami-Cleveland regular season game, Steve got in the face of Riley while the Heat were losing, and said, "It's giving us absolute delight to watch you and your team die."
In a 2007 NBA game between the Philadelphia 76ers and the Denver Nuggets, Allen Iverson was quoted about Javie after being ejected. Iverson said, "I thought I got fouled on that play, and I said I thought that he was calling the game personal, and he threw me out, his fuse is real short anyway, and I should have known that I couldn't say anything anyway. It's been something personal with me and him since I got in the league. This was just the perfect game for him to try and make me look bad."
In a 2007 NBA game between the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Detroit Pistons, Javie ejected a fan in the lower level from the game for "unsportsmanlike and vulgar conduct and interference with the referees' and players' communication."

sandman
04-16-2007, 10:31 AM
Why am I not surprised that the only posters who think that this ejection was justified just happen to be Mavs fans. You know, those same posters who howled when JET was punching the twins on Finley, saying it was Finley own fault because he "jumped" on JET.

ShoogarBear
04-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Mav Fan doesn't really know what to think until Cuban's next blog.

Obstructed_View
04-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Why am I not surprised that the only posters who think that this ejection was justified just happen to be Mavs fans. You know, those same posters who howled when JET was punching the twins on Finley, saying it was Finley own fault because he "jumped" on JET.
After calling Spurs fans whiners when Dirk got 24 free throw attempts in a game and then turning around and complaining about Wade in the Finals, how on Earth can anyone be surprised?

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-16-2007, 10:43 AM

Did your ejectee get a pardon from the governor (in our case, Gov. Good Hair)?

Grey
04-16-2007, 10:47 AM

In a 2007 NBA game between the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Detroit Pistons, Javie ejected a fan in the lower level from the game for "unsportsmanlike and vulgar conduct and interference with the referees' and players' communication."

I'm not defending Javie, but that "fan" was Lebron James' driver and was verbally abusing the refs every time Lebron didn't get a call.

http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Awww.detnews.com+lebron+james+drive r+ejected

Taco
04-16-2007, 10:50 AM
I think it was Crawford who ejected the "Wolf" as well :lol

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A47044-2005Mar18.html
By Greg Sandoval
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, March 18, 2005; 4:01 PM

Spurs Mascot Gets Ejected

In a sign of how touchy the NBA is becoming about violence since the Nov. 19 melee in Auburn Hills, Mich., a referee Wednesday night ejected the San Antonio Spurs' mascot, the Coyote, for playfully challenging the Minnesota Timberwolves to a fight.

With less than a minute remaining in the third quarter, Wally Szczerbiak collided with Spurs rookie Beno Udrih, and Udrih went down, according to WOAI.com, a radio station based in San Antonio.

When Szczerbiak went to help Udrih up, he was bumped out of the way by Spurs guard Bruce Bowen, who helped Udrih instead. Bowen and Szczerbiak exchanged heated words and were assessed technical fouls. But they stayed in the game. The Coyote, however, did not.

During the altercation, the Coyote had pretended to become enraged and acted as if he was preparing to go onto the court and fight. This is routinely done by mascots in such situations across the league. According to WOAI, referee Jess Kersey apparently thought the mascot was too close to the action.
"I want the wolf out of here," Kersey yelled. "He's gone. Now."

Fans, coaches and most of the players were stunned. Spurs all star center Tim Duncan was amused.

"That's the greatest thing I've ever heard," Duncan said after the game. "That's the kind of toughness that we have on this team. They were afraid of the Coyote, so they had to toss him. That was incredible."

Taco
04-16-2007, 10:52 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A47044-2005Mar18.html
By Greg Sandoval
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, March 18, 2005; 4:01 PM

Spurs Mascot Gets Ejected

In a sign of how touchy the NBA is becoming about violence since the Nov. 19 melee in Auburn Hills, Mich., a referee Wednesday night ejected the San Antonio Spurs' mascot, the Coyote, for playfully challenging the Minnesota Timberwolves to a fight.

With less than a minute remaining in the third quarter, Wally Szczerbiak collided with Spurs rookie Beno Udrih, and Udrih went down, according to WOAI.com, a radio station based in San Antonio.

When Szczerbiak went to help Udrih up, he was bumped out of the way by Spurs guard Bruce Bowen, who helped Udrih instead. Bowen and Szczerbiak exchanged heated words and were assessed technical fouls. But they stayed in the game. The Coyote, however, did not.

During the altercation, the Coyote had pretended to become enraged and acted as if he was preparing to go onto the court and fight. This is routinely done by mascots in such situations across the league. According to WOAI, referee Jess Kersey apparently thought the mascot was too close to the action.
"I want the wolf out of here," Kersey yelled. "He's gone. Now."

Fans, coaches and most of the players were stunned. Spurs all star center Tim Duncan was amused.
"That's the greatest thing I've ever heard," Duncan said after the game. "That's the kind of toughness that we have on this team. They were afraid of the Coyote, so they had to toss him. That was incredible."

Duncan was amused?

That's got to be a TECH!!!! :lol

tlongII
04-16-2007, 11:18 AM
The Coyote is a good one, but the Bullets' mascot was ejected in 1991 so it's been done before. Of course Javie is the ref that ejected him too. :lol

Roxsfan
04-16-2007, 11:24 AM

I agree. Rocket fan here and that call was Bull Shiiiit.

Testing
04-16-2007, 11:27 AM
What did Cuban say in his blog about it? Anyone know?

velik_m
04-16-2007, 12:05 PM
What did Cuban say in his blog about it? Anyone know?

http://www.blogmaverick.com/2007/04/16/tim-duncan-joe-crawford-and-the-nba/

spursfan09
04-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Can refs eject fans?

Marklar MM
04-16-2007, 12:08 PM
HAHA. Damn. Just saw it on ESPN. That was horrible. In no way should he have gotten a T for that.

ducks
04-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Tim Duncan, Joe Crawford and the NBA
Apr 16th 2007 12:17PM

Iim not going to comment on what happened during our Spurs game Sunday. My feelings about the subject havent changed and its not worth the money to comment on it here. In fact, I've given up writing in this blog about the NBA because my number one rule of blogging is that if you cant offer an honest opinion, say nothing.

What I do want to say to all NBA fans is that if you are not a Mavs fan STOP EMAILING ME ABOUT THE OFFICIATING.

Email the owner of your own team. Email the commissioner of the NBA, email anybody else. Do not email me.

Everytime something questionable happens in an NBA game, my inbox gets slammed with "If you really care about the officiating you would say something", or "this is why I cant watch the NBA anymore" emails or "I'm a season ticket holder for X years and Im considering cancelling because...". Im tired of getting and reading emails that by now easily number more than 25k over the years that the management of the team you root for, or the NBA won't take.

If you were to send all those emails to your owner or GM, maybe they would be concerned with things other than where I stand on the court .

http://www.blogmaverick.com/2007/04/16/tim-duncan-joe-crawford-and-the-nba/

tlongII
04-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Can refs eject fans?

Steve Javie has done it.

spursfan09
04-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Steve Javie has done it.

Damn, well thats okay I can only afford nose bleed seats anyways.

SA210
04-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Spurs Coyote was ejected from a game once. The funniest part of the ejection was the ref who was doing the ejection yelled get that wolf out of here. Luckily the coyote realized the situation and did not try to hang around since he was not a wolf.
:lmao I remember that!

Roxsfan
04-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Ahhh, now I get it. You're probably right in that the Suns will now rest their starters against the Rockets, especially since the Rockets play physical I'm sure D Antoni doesn't want to risk his players getting injured. With the way the Jazz have been playing of late, I think the Rockets will definitely advance out of the first round this year.

man did they fight and play major minutes :toast

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1578284#post1578284