PDA

View Full Version : The Best Move

SequSpur
04-15-2007, 08:26 PM
would've been to sit Duncan, Parker and Ginobili in a suit.

None of this shit would've happened. None of this shit would've mattered. None of you would be bitching.

But no.....

Avery risked his star players for a game that didn't mean shit.

Pop risked his continuance of stupid ass play calling and lineups in the end of a close game.

Now you all are complaining that Crawford is going to prevent the Spurs from winning in the playoffs.

Give me a got damn break.

:pctoss

T Park
04-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Awww the bowling alley is closed.

:cry :cry :cry

ShoogarBear
04-15-2007, 08:28 PM
Yeah, then we could have gotten a thread from you bitching about Matt Bonner.

Kori Ellis
04-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Yeah, the Spurs should have just given up getting homecourt advantage in the 2nd round :cry :cry :cry :rolleyes

exstatic
04-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Short Drums, trying to tell us how to post. How unsurprising...

SequSpur
04-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Yeah, the Spurs should have just given up getting homecourt advantage in the 2nd round :cry :cry :cry :rolleyes

The Suns aren't going to lose their last few games...

:dramaquee

SequSpur
04-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Short Drums, trying to tell us how to post. How unsurprising...

No, it's just pointless... go rent a movie or something and chill....

WTF? It's the same ol shit....

The Spurs are fukin stupid.

Kori Ellis
04-15-2007, 08:54 PM

We'll never know because now they don't have to.

They are playing the Rockets, who are trying to stay ahead of the Jazz, as well as the Clippers, who are fighting for the last playoff spot. The Suns weren't guaranteed to win.

T Park
04-15-2007, 08:54 PM
Stupid recognizes stupid i agree.

1Parker1
04-15-2007, 08:55 PM

Actually, I kinda agree with that. Even if today the Spurs had won and Duncan wasn't tossed, I doubt that the Suns would have lost 2 straight.

1Parker1
04-15-2007, 08:57 PM
We'll never know because now they don't have to.

They are playing the Rockets, who are trying to stay ahead of the Jazz, as well as the Clippers, who are fighting for the last playoff spot. The Suns weren't guaranteed to win.

Hmm, maybe. It would have taken a miracle, but it does suck that we'll never know. Though, even though Duncan was ejected, that was still no reason for the Spurs to lose today, they were still in the game before Manu/Parker made some dumb mistakes and Finley/Bowen/Barry missed some pretty open shots.

T Park
04-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Though, even though Duncan was ejected, that was still no reason for the Spurs to lose today

Uh, yeah, losing your best player is a reason for losing.

1Parker1
04-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Uh, yeah, losing your best player is a reason for losing.

Uh, yea, they were still in the game in the 4th quarter without Duncan weren't they? Bad shots by Parker, poor decision making and TO's by Ginobili, and missed open shots by Barry, Finley, and Bowen cost them the game in the end. When you have an all star backcourt and your best player goes down, you still have a reason for winning.

THE SIXTH MAN
04-15-2007, 09:31 PM
Uh, yea, they were still in the game in the 4th quarter without Duncan weren't they? Bad shots by Parker, poor decision making and TO's by Ginobili, and missed open shots by Barry, Finley, and Bowen cost them the game in the end. When you have an all star backcourt and your best player goes down, you still have a reason for winning.
WTF kind of idiot logic is that? We're talking about the best team in the league here. And your saying that Manu and Tony could have single handily won the game for us. They kept us in it until there was about a minute left in regulation. Difference was Dallas had their superstar to win the game for them in the end. I'm not saying because Tim was out the of the game the spurs lost, but our chances are a hell of a lot better when he's in the game.

1Parker1
04-15-2007, 09:37 PM
WTF kind of idiot logic is that? We're talking about the best team in the league here. And your saying that Manu and Tony could have single handily won the game for us. They kept us in it until there was about a minute left in regulation. Difference was Dallas had their superstar to win the game for them in the end. I'm not saying because Tim was out the of the game the spurs lost, but our chances are a hell of a lot better when he's in the game.

What kind of logic is it? Well, if Bowen makes that 3 pointer, or Manu doesn't have that TO, or if Parker didn't take that bad shot, Spurs could have won this game. Of course you're chances of winning a game are better when your best player plays. But the point is, they still had a chance to win it in the end and couldn't because of poor decision making and lack of offense. It's not like the Spurs are suddenly like the Wolves without KG or the Lakers without Bryant. They have an All Star backcourt, proven veterans to get the job done. My point was....they were still in the game at the end.

FromWayDowntown
04-15-2007, 09:43 PM

I agree with that. The Spurs had their chance to win this game without Duncan, and ultimately, the blame for them not closing the game out falls squarely on the Spurs' shoulders. It was a good rehearsal for what they might face if they have to close a playoff game without Duncan (for whatever reason) and they seemed to be unable to do much in the half-court.

It was odd to me that with all of the Mavericks' misses down the stretch, the Spurs weren't able to get any break opportunities or make anything happen in a scramble-type situation. And I agree that the Spurs were far too unstructured on the offensive end late in the 4th quarter. Neither of those things was particularly positive today. Their 4th quarter defense and rebounding was, though, a nice positive counterpoint to those negatives.

1Parker1
04-15-2007, 09:48 PM
It was odd to me that with all of the Mavericks' misses down the stretch, the Spurs weren't able to get any break opportunities or make anything happen in a scramble-type situation. And I agree that the Spurs were far too unstructured on the offensive end late in the 4th quarter. Neither of those things was particularly positive today. Their 4th quarter defense and rebounding was, though, a nice positive counterpoint to those negatives.

Well, I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that at one point Pop had a lineup of Parker, Manu, Bowen, Elson, and Oberto out there. That forced Parker and Manu into iso situations, often double teamed and they didn't pass out to the open man...probably because Bowen, Elson, and Oberto weren't exactly offensive threats today. I would have liked to see Pop put Horry or Bonner out there to help spread the floor for Manu and Parker.

spurs1990
04-15-2007, 10:11 PM
After the Duncan ejection maybe. I would have loved to seen James White play live for the first time.