PDA

View Full Version : What will Tim's punishment be?

Kori Ellis
04-15-2007, 09:41 PM
This will be a poll.

tlongII
04-15-2007, 09:42 PM
He should be suspended for at least 1 playoff game.

Kori Ellis
04-15-2007, 09:45 PM
I didn't ask what should happen. I asked what you think will happen.

Trifecta
04-15-2007, 09:46 PM
(Not what I am saying he deserves, but what he may receive)

No suspension will be issued -- he will be fined $10K or $15K.

tlpintpe
What will the league's response be to Joey Crawford?

FromWayDowntown
I think the fine is going to exceed $50,000. I'm willing to bet now that he won't be suspended at all, though like I've said elsewhere, it also wouldn't surprise me if Tim is suspended and that suspension runs into the playoffs.

Ginofan
fine only. at least that's what i'm hoping

cambrad
04-15-2007, 09:47 PM

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/fingersx.gif

CubanMustGo
The league will make another one of its "statements" and TD will be the recipient. $100K and 2 game suspension.

tlongII
I didn't ask what should happen. I asked what you think will happen.

He will be suspended for the first 2 playoff games.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-15-2007, 09:48 PM
TD will be fined and suspended one game

maybe two

i just hope joey C doesn't ref another spurs-mavs game again

The_Worlds_finest
04-15-2007, 09:48 PM
He should have been the bigger man and just walked off but instead had to bark at crawford...I say a one gamer and no fine...kori any word on what he said just before going in?

Kori Ellis
04-15-2007, 09:49 PM
He should have been the bigger man and just walked off but instead had to bark at crawford...I say a one gamer and no fine...kori any word on what he said just before going in?
Something like fuck you, you piece of shit. :lol

dbreiden83080
04-15-2007, 09:52 PM
He will be suspended for the first 2 playoff games.

LOL for what did he start a fight? JC is the one that fucked up all the league has to do is go to the tape and it is clear as day. Timmy will get a steep fine and maybe a one game suspension MAYBE, probably just a fine though.

angel_luv
04-15-2007, 09:52 PM
Fine plus one game suspension.

I'm afraid and unfortunately.

johngateswhiteley
04-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Something like fuck you, you piece of shit. :lol

and i for one, am glad he said it. this whole thing is ridiculous. my guess was he said, "fuck you" a few times and "you are a piece of shit" twice.

Kori Ellis
04-15-2007, 09:54 PM
I think Tim gets a HUGE fine for the "vendetta" stuff. But let's see if anyone can corroborate Tim's story about JCrawford saying "Do you want to fight?" over and over. If that comes out like that, things get interesting.

dbreiden83080
04-15-2007, 09:57 PM
"It shouldn't even have been a flagrant I," Jackson said of that foul. "That's crazy. That's a vendetta. They have a witch hunt going on. It's nuts. It's just becoming a witch hunt now."

That is what Phil Jackson said recently and he got a 50,000 fine. Based on that how could they suspend Timmy for what he said? There is no proof he called JC a piece of shit, unless Tim admits to it. All they can do is go after him for his postgame comments.

Das Texan
04-15-2007, 09:59 PM
this should be a vbookie.

spurs1990
04-15-2007, 09:59 PM
I can't picture Duncan using that language for some reason. I wish he hadn't..it gives Crawford's side more ammo.

lets hope Houston can overcome the refs and take cuban out so we have a fair shot at the finals.

Cara De Dedão
04-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Fine... suspension and a physical punishement like having his right arm ripped off on a single swift motion... ThatEasonGuy™'s trademark post move...

Afterall that's why he signed with you guys...

johngateswhiteley
04-15-2007, 10:02 PM
I can't picture Duncan using that language for some reason. I wish he hadn't..it gives Crawford's side more ammo.

more ammo? he said it after he was ejected! who cares by that time.

johngateswhiteley
04-15-2007, 10:03 PM
as long as he isn't suspended for the NBA Finals we will be fine. we don't need him to get out of the west.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Duncan will be severely punished under penalty of TORTURE

spurs1990
04-15-2007, 10:08 PM
Duncan will be severely punished under penalty of TORTURE

they better tie Crawford to a train first. Good one bro!

dbreiden83080
04-15-2007, 10:09 PM

lets hope Houston can overcome the refs and take cuban out so we have a fair shot at the finals.

If he called Crawford that in his postgame remarks that would be more serious. He may get wacked for the last 2 games of the season at worst. No way Stern has the balls to suspend the best fucking player in the league for game 1 of the playoffs when Crawford was out of line throwing him out to begin with.

spurs1990
04-15-2007, 10:19 PM
If he called Crawford that in his postgame remarks that would be more serious. He may get wacked for the last 2 games of the season at worst. No way Stern has the balls to suspend the best fucking player in the league for game 1 of the playoffs when Crawford was out of line throwing him out to begin with.

I'm missing the boat on this. How can the league suspend a player for remarks..has there been a precedent? Whatever Duncan said has probably been muttered dozens of time throughout a season...but I can't recall a suspension being merited from it.

timvp
04-15-2007, 10:20 PM
I hope Duncan keeps talking ish and gets suspended for the final two games and arrives ready to dominate come game one of the playoffs.

:smokin

ShoogarBear
04-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Isn't there a limit to how much he can be fined under the CBA?

T Park
04-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Duncan could come out and get 40 and 20 in game 1.

Nugget fan has got to be saying "FUCKING JOEY CRAWFORD!!" :lmao

1Parker1
04-15-2007, 10:23 PM
I hope Duncan keeps talking ish and gets suspended for the final two games and arrives ready to dominate come game one of the playoffs.

:lol Not only that...but I'm hoping somethign will light a fire under the rest of the guys; Barry I'm looking at you.

duncan228
04-15-2007, 10:23 PM
If the Spurs believe Duncan, and the bench had to hear what Crawford said to him, will the team pay Duncan's fine? Not the 2 tech fines but anything else the league throws at him?

johngateswhiteley
04-15-2007, 10:24 PM
as long as he isn't suspended for the NBA Finals we will be fine. we don't need him to get out of the west.

i agree.

1Parker1
04-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Oh my guess is a $50K fine, no suspension, and the league makes a statement that they will "investigate the matter" of what Crawford said to Duncan.

Cara De Dedão
04-15-2007, 10:28 PM
i agree.

Did you just quote yourself to agree with what you said before? Wow... That's a first for me.

johngateswhiteley
04-15-2007, 10:29 PM
Did you just quote yourself to agree with what you said before? Wow... That's a first for me.

:lol...i missed you Cara. how have you been bro?

timvp
04-15-2007, 10:30 PM
You must be new here.

True.

johngateswhiteley
04-15-2007, 10:31 PM
True.

mm hmm.

Cara De Dedão
04-15-2007, 10:34 PM
:lol...i missed you Cara. how have you been bro?

Been great... And you?... Still humping Montana's cattle thinking they are Marisa?

johngateswhiteley
04-15-2007, 10:40 PM
Been great... And you?... Still humping Montana's cattle thinking they are Marisa?

wow, i reach out an olive branch and this is your response? i have been doing well.

oh, and i could never confuse your mom for Marisa Miller. come on silly...

Cara De Dedão
04-15-2007, 10:47 PM
oh, and i could never confuse your mom for Marisa Miller. come on silly...

Of course not...Most cows are hotter than my mom...

So... Why have you been missing from NT? Can't get proper internet on Missoula? (2400/9600 dial-up modem FTW!)

johngateswhiteley
04-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Of course not...Most cows are hotter than my mom...

either way.

So... Why have you been missing from NT? Can't get proper internet on Missoula? (2400/9600 dial-up modem FTW!)

internet here is better than in Texas. faster, more reliable, etc. as for NT, well nobody talks about college sports there and the forum here is fairly active for that. now that its all over and the NBA playoffs are about to start you'll see a lot more of me. also, my lover Dean leaving for Africa was tough to take.

T-Pain
04-15-2007, 11:36 PM
if he gets suspended for the rest of the season im gonna flip

THE SIXTH MAN
04-15-2007, 11:38 PM
Get a room guys.

Kori Ellis
04-16-2007, 12:26 AM
So if he's going to get fined/suspended it will happen before tonight's game vs the Grizzlies, right?

SPARKY
04-16-2007, 12:35 AM
What a bullshit fucking league. TD's punishment should be to hear Crawford sing an apology to him.

Special thanks to Ron Artest and David Stern for having a hand in creating a situation in which getting ejected for laughing seems normal.

dbreiden83080
04-16-2007, 12:52 AM
What a bullshit fucking league. TD's punishment should be to hear Crawford sing an apology to him.

Special thanks to Ron Artest and David Stern for having a hand in creating a situation in which getting ejected for laughing seems normal.

The overwelmingly opinion seems to be JC was dead wrong. Tim will get a steep fine and you will not see Crawford anywhere near a Spurs playoff game.

Amarelooms
04-16-2007, 12:59 AM

HAHAHAHAHA :blah

HAHAHAHAHA :blah

:elephant

mikejones99
04-16-2007, 04:33 AM
he is fucking innocent and did nothing wrong, he should get no fine or suspension, the ref was the one wrong here.

Texas_Ranger
04-16-2007, 06:37 AM
Tim was just laughing, he didn't do anything wrong.

picnroll
04-16-2007, 06:55 AM
Joey challenges Duncan to a fight and tosses him from the game for laughing. Duncan calls Crawford a piece of shyte as he's walking out the door. Stu Jackson fines and suspends Duncan and issues a public statement, "We expect our players to be more mature and under control than our refs. We must preserve the integrity of the game."

AFBlue
04-16-2007, 06:55 AM
"It shouldn't even have been a flagrant I," Jackson said of that foul. "That's crazy. That's a vendetta. They have a witch hunt going on. It's nuts. It's just becoming a witch hunt now."

That is what Phil Jackson said recently and he got a 50,000 fine. Based on that how could they suspend Timmy for what he said? There is no proof he called JC a piece of shit, unless Tim admits to it. All they can do is go after him for his postgame comments.

I'm no expert lip-reader, but on the national broadcast you can see him mouth "Fuck You" at least three times. I think at one point he even said "Mike (Finley), Fuck You...tell him!" begging Fin to pass the message along. And then with the post-incident comments....

No matter how rediculous the Tech's were, Duncan had to know he'd get hammered by the league. I say $50K, no game suspension.

Side Note: I'm not sure it was a "vendetta", but the ejection was clearly not game-related.....it was all about egos.

jillian
04-16-2007, 07:09 AM
I just want to know what will the league's response be to Joey Crawford.

Texas_Ranger
04-16-2007, 07:20 AM
I just want to know what will the league's response be to Joey Crawford.

They will do nothing to him.

Hoy
04-16-2007, 08:33 AM
Tim did himself harm with that post game interview. Pop should have shielded him from the interview and our local media guys should not played an unwitting hangman and gave Tim that rope to hang himself.
The punishment might be more severe than what the righteous and indignant fans expect.

ducks
04-16-2007, 12:00 PM
they have to rule todya because spurs play today

Gros Membres!
04-16-2007, 01:55 PM
I think the fine is going to exceed $50,000. I'm willing to bet now that he won't be suspended at all, though like I've said elsewhere, it also wouldn't surprise me if Tim is suspended and that suspension runs into the playoffs.
I cannot believe that the NBA would suspend him into the playoffs. Would the Players Association be able to appeal something like that? Other players hear Crawford challenging Tim to a fight. Tim is a bit of a whiner but is an outstanding citizen and doesn't have a lengthy history of Ts, ejections, problems with officials. I can only think that other players confirming what Crawford said could get them in a mess of trouble if they tried to suspend Duncan for any amount of time in the playoffs.

However, I did vote for 50,000 and a one game suspension. With the NFL setting precedent on player behavior my guess is that Stern takes swift action and puts a damper on the situation so that players will think twice about going to the media with a play-by-play of on-court events.

v2freak
04-16-2007, 02:08 PM
10001 - 25K

Stern is a dick. If he's worried about the "integrity of his league" then maybe he should clean up all the bullshit that goes on

DaMavs02
04-16-2007, 02:13 PM
I think for his comments after the game the fine's probably going to be in the $50K range. Which is similar to Phil Jackson's vendetta comments, and worse than Jason Kidd's $25K for referring to the officials as three blind mice.

Joey might be crazy, he might be out of line, but Duncan was out of control yesterday. Either Duncan's stupid and didn't think Joey would kick him out, or he knew exactly what he was doing and wanted to get ejected to get Joey in trouble. ESPN seems to suggest Rasheed's only been kicked out of a game once, so if he's bright enough to back off when he gets a technical, Duncan should be as well.

v2freak
04-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Out of control would have been for Tim to accept Joey's fight proposal and then deck him right then and there.

Mr. Body
04-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Joey might be crazy, he might be out of line, but Duncan was out of control yesterday.

:lol

I've never seen such an out of control sitter.

:toast

Fernando TD21
04-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Yeah Duncan was out of control last night. I think he will be fined 100K and get suspended for 2 games for laughing on the bench. That is an unaceptable behavior. That's how you start, with a inoccent laugh, the next thing you know the guy is doing drugs and carrying guns. :rolleyes

He will probably be fined around 50K for his post Ts comments and that's it. I don't think he will get a suspension. And the league should punish Crawford more than Tim.